Small Leagues

18 minutes ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Hmmm ok - do you know which is the smallest league overall? No extra stages?

Iceland only have 22 in the league, but also have a couple of cups. I'm playing in Belarus at the moment and there is 30 league games and a single cup. I think the same goes in Norway.

4 minutes ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Iceland have more than 22 because there's a split in that one, too.

Have this changed since last year? I played there in FM18 and don't remember any split...?

4 minutes ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Iceland have more than 22 because there's a split in that one, too.

No there isn’t.

22 league games and that is it.  Two cup competitions though and the first of those, played before the league commences, has seven group games.

2 minutes ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Ok, but I'm ruling out Iceland because the names are ridiculous. Any others below 30?

Gibraltar if you don't mind downloading SI's database for it on Steam. I believe it has like 22 games with two (shorter than the Icelandic) cups.

Just now, Minuy600 said:

Gibraltar if you don't mind downloading SI's database for it on Steam. I believe it has like 22 games with two (shorter than the Icelandic) cups.

I've done Gibraltar already. But quite fancy San Marino, is there an editor file?

1 minute ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Perfect, assuming there are any good versions? Are they the two lowest? Can you point me towards editor files that work?

Anything by Claassen is usually the best and most stable.  That said, not sure how the files are after 19.3.

Just now, GreyedOutMan said:

I've done Gibraltar already. But quite fancy San Marino, is there an editor file?

claassen has a full UEFA package with extra lower leagues and the like. It's pretty realistic so i'd reccomend it.

2 minutes ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Is it still working with the newest FM19 patch?

Hmmm. That I do not know. I'm an FM17 and FM18 player myself. I don't think i've seen an update yet though, no.

1 minute ago, Minuy600 said:

Hmmm. That I do not know. I'm an FM17 and FM18 player myself. I don't think i've seen an update yet though, no.

May well be an FM18 player again myself shortly, I'm still getting a crash when I get a penalty from time to time. Thought maybe if I started a new game it might fix it but if it happens again I'm back on 18 doing the same thing.

6 minutes ago, GreyedOutMan said:

I'm going to go with Norway, thanks guys!

Great choice! Scandavian leagues are always great fun to me at least.

(the season is actually 26 games long as well in the third division so you'll hit the lower than 30 quota just fine as well)

2 hours ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Ok, but I'm ruling out Iceland because the names are ridiculous. Any others below 30?

I wonder if Icelanders think your name is ridiculous.

Icelanders names are perfectly logical. For a person's surname you use the father's name and add sson for a boy or dottir for a girl. So for example, Eidur Gudjonsson's children's surnames would be Eidursson and or Eidurdottir.

9 hours ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Oh dont worry - sorted - it's Austria or Iceland with 22 each. Suffice to say, I don't fancy 20-letter-long names all ending in -son, so I'm heading for Austria!

Lol goodonyason

8 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I wonder if Icelanders think your name is ridiculous.

Icelanders names are perfectly logical. For a person's surname you use the father's name and add sson for a boy or dottir for a girl. So for example, Eidur Gudjonsson's children's surnames would be Eidursson and or Eidurdottir.

So basically the son have different surname than his sister so who can know they are siblings?

On 05/03/2019 at 07:25, LukasZ_VCF said:

So basically the son have different surname than his sister so who can know they are siblings?

Well, its not that hard. For example, my name is Jóhannsson, but my sisters name is Jóhannsdóttir. 

But no-one uses last names, we all go by first names. 

On 04/03/2019 at 23:03, GreyedOutMan said:

Exactly, which means they all have very similar names and it's extremely confusing. Not to mention they're really long.

In my example, Eidursson is fewer letters than GreyedOutMan.

I know it's not your real name, but I don't know what your real name is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_squads#Iceland

Iceland's squad at the last World Cup. Names aren't that long, certainly no(t much) longer than English names such as Cartwright and Cumberbatch among others.

Edit: If you're wondering why some end in son rather than sson, that's because their father's christian name ends in s. They drop an s in that instance.
The one exception - Frederik Schram - was born in Denmark. He qualifies to play for Iceland through his Icelandic mother.

1 minute ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I get you don't want to manage in Iceland. Your reasons for not wanting to are rubbish and some might think disrespectful.

When you manage a full team of people called nothing but MacDonald, MacGowan and MacAlistair, then I'll consider agreeing, although they are still significantly shorter than most Icelandic names. Nothing disrespectful about it, it's purely about the practicalities of managing a team when you can't work out who is who or think through their names quickly enough.

You get used to it. I used to play Pro Cycling Manager series a lot. In the early days of the series, the Brits hadn't yet made a significant impact in road cycling so most, if not all, of my cyclists were from other nations. You get used to their names.

Archived