Small Leagues

4 minutes ago, nie jem frytek said:

Even Eiður Guðjohnsen?

He is known as Eiður Smári. 

And as a side note, his last name is different. His father is Arnór Guðjohnsen. So if he had a normal icelandic name, he would be Eiður Smári Arnórsson. 

6 hours ago, phd_angel said:

How about Slovenia and Switzerland? I recall they have a small number of clubs in their leagues.

They have relatively long seasons though with 36 matches each.

Just to throw in my two cents about Iceland here; I have no trouble at all with the names, it's actually fun trying to poronounce them!

7 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

it's actually fun trying to poronounce them!

We Norwegians often joke that Icelandic is Norwegian just with and "ur" or "dur" on the end of each word! ;) 

Am 4.3.2019 um 20:49 schrieb GreyedOutMan:

Oh dont worry - sorted - it's Austria or Iceland with 22 each. Suffice to say, I don't fancy 20-letter-long names all ending in -son, so I'm heading for Austria!

You have no idea about Austria , obviously.
22 games here without the Playoff games and at least 6 more in the playoff in the Top Division
30 games in the second tier

On 07/03/2019 at 23:36, Steewen said:

He is known as Eiður Smári. 

And as a side note, his last name is different. His father is Arnór Guðjohnsen. So if he had a normal icelandic name, he would be Eiður Smári Arnórsson. 

Right so you claim that it's simple and now you point out it's more complicated. You voted for Brexit, too, didn't you!!!!!

15 hours ago, Fire_03 said:

You have no idea about Austria , obviously.
22 games here without the Playoff games and at least 6 more in the playoff in the Top Division
30 games in the second tier

Yes, you'll notice (or not) that I noticed that very soon after which is why I'm now in Norway.

24 minutes ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Right so you claim that it's simple and now you point out it's more complicated. You voted for Brexit, too, didn't you!!!!!

It is simple. But Eiður Smári simply doesnt have an icelandic lastname. 

And no, being icelandic and living in iceland, I assure you I did not vote for anything. 

Archived