FM20 - Removing attribute numbers

Shrewnaldo

Hi All,

Recently I've been reading about a number of save games where the player has edited the skin to remove the attribute numbers and either replace them with coloured bars or even simply removed them altogether.  Planning ahead to FM20, I'd like to do something similar but, not having the slightest scoob about skinning or graphics in general, wanted to check if this is possible.

What I'd like to have is a skin with the following features:

• dark skin (like the default dark on FM19)
  • no numerical reference to attribute values anywhere
  • On the player profile screen, I'd like to have the numbers replaced either by a bar or large dot which would change colour depending on the attribute value.  Ideally set such that I can vary the colours and the ranges in the way you can in the Preferences for default skins
  • Remove attributes' numerical values from the player search and scouting screens, replacing them with the bars or dots as described above
  • Remove attributes' numerical values from the training performance screen but retain the up and down arrows to indicate progression or regression
  • On the player comparison screen, the attributes tab to show a bar only with no numerical value showing the difference between the two.  The bar would be coloured to the same ranges as third bullet above
  • On the squad screen, either remove attributes from the views or have them represented by the coloured dot as described above

I appreciate that the game isn't out yet and so no-one will know specifics regarding the panels etc but the screenshots available so far confirmed my layman's assumption that not much will change between games.

Therefore, I'm at this point simply trying to understand if this sort of thing is possible or if I should just forget about it?  Any ideas?

For anyone interested - I've had some really helpful feedback in this twitter thread linking to this page - 

(and in case anyone is wondering why, I want to force myself to be less reliant on very specific attributes and use the other tools like scouting and stats more than I ever have)

Edited by Shrewnaldo

I removed attributes on FM18. Changed to bars, changed the colors within preferences so that they match skin background color and voila. I don't know how to replace them with dots, but surely a bit of skinning will make it work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've managed to find it, it's all on theresonlyoneball don't want to link it as not sure on that policy.

Edit. The method the worked on 19 doesn't seem to work on 20

Edited by toffee71

On 31/10/2019 at 18:28, toffee71 said:

I've managed to find it, it's all on theresonlyoneball don't want to link it as not sure on that policy.

Edit. The method the worked on 19 doesn't seem to work on 20

Keep in mind, that player attributes panel.xml has changed - part of code with bars has been removed.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Nicenoise said:

No, only players;

IMO staff quality is harder to understand without numbers 

may be bars for staff, but i think I’m asking too much 

bars cant be done.  as for no attributes, use the shrewnaldo one and pick the same colour for all the skin atrribute settings done. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there, I apologize if I should have created my own topic for this question, but I wasn't particularly certain. I'm customizing my TCS skin, and tried borrowing @wkdsoul's attribute panel from here, winding up with this result:

But what I would like is to have the colored boxes with no numbers. I am no expert in skinning or coding, so I'm not sure how this might be possible, if at all. Could anyone please help with this?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 1.36.28 PM.png

21 hours ago, Cydver said:

Hello there, I apologize if I should have created my own topic for this question, but I wasn't particularly certain. I'm customizing my TCS skin, and tried borrowing @wkdsoul's attribute panel from here, winding up with this result:

But what I would like is to have the colored boxes with no numbers. I am no expert in skinning or coding, so I'm not sure how this might be possible, if at all. Could anyone please help with this?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 1.36.28 PM.png

Nevermind, I've figured it out!

On 31/12/2019 at 02:50, Cydver said:

Nevermind, I've figured it out!

Please can you share this! I'm enjoying the basic 'Shrewnaldo' skin but want the pro's and con's on the page too, like TCS has. I've then got to work out how to get the 'Shrew' font back in and maybe 1 pt smaller across the board, to alleviate the zooming gap between 50% and 85% that I currently play on - but that skin would be a great start please.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, syemo said:

Downloaded the shrewnaldo skin, everything looks fine until i play a match and get a black screen any ideas?

from the link to my page or one of the older versions above? 

you'll neeed the latest one, and clear cache etc on install.

2 minutes ago, adamskii152 said:

It’s the TCS skin. Doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as many files in the panels folder but just not sure how to go about it. Tried copying in all the files from this skin to that but didn’t work. 

open any file in the players folder with attribute in it and add                 <record id="widget_info" class="attribute_label" alignment="right,centre_y" size="0" style="semi_bold" multiline="false"/>  to the line

1 minute ago, Adamski152 said:

Hi - do I just drop that one into the panels folder like below? Do I delete or do anything to any of the others?

1415752099_Screenshot2020-04-20at20_02_34.thumb.png.88da1a51ba80c7a207a6fe5b5368b2c8.png

Thanks for your help!

yeah ,jut take a copy of the old one, try the new one. 

13 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

yeah ,jut take a copy of the old one, try the new one. 

Thanks for doing this Gaz, much appreciated and has added a whole new challenge to my game which makes the game more immersive.  I actually just took your advice and replaced the fonts and player panel on the Heffem skin with your one from the Shrewnaldo skin and it works great. One thing I am getting on both your Shrewnaldo skin and the Heffem skin is this below. One second the view is set up perfectly for me the next I go right back to it and it has changed to this. As I say it's happening on your skin too, am I doing something wrong ? Cheers again !!!!

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG2.PNG

2 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

attributes look fine, what am i looking at.

This bit here, if you look at the 2nd pic on my initial post both those screenshots were taken seconds apart. It's not an issue anymore though as it seems to have resolved itself.

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

They are selector boxes, you can set  them to any setting,. 

I am not explaining myself well here, sorry. The selector box I have circled was how I wanted it, however when I clicked another menu then came back to the exact same player a few mins later that other pic is what greeted me with all the selector boxes set to "plans" Anyway it's all working now. :thup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...