The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I've had those, but ever since I started doing the press conferences myself (it's a bit of a slog though), I've avoided it. Could be random, but it could also mean my assistant are putting too little or too much pressure on the players.

No idea if that will help you any, but it does work for me, so I though I'd share.

ooohh thats interesting. Thanks

Does seem like a slog though

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I've had those, but ever since I started doing the press conferences myself (it's a bit of a slog though), I've avoided it. Could be random, but it could also mean my assistant are putting too little or too much pressure on the players.

No idea if that will help you any, but it does work for me, so I though I'd share.

I'm already a 'talkative' manager as I always do press interviews. I'm just trying to ride it out at the moment. I'm getting some draws now and had a win. 

Interesting development in the Welsh League just occurred. Leroy Sane has just become manager of Connay's Quay. First game against me, they won 6-3.

24 minutes ago, Armeniar said:

49a25cacb3b8a57e42980ed8860df1ea.png

It's such a shame this isn't allowed, Portugal would've been the ideal next step for Santos. Why is that again? :D

I know. I was offered the Wales job last season. I was desperate to accept. 

XaW - Miðvágs Bóltfelag - 2029

1200px-MB_Midvagur_logo.svg.png

League Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Another really good season and we went unbeaten once again, and we retained the league title. KÍ Klaksvík had a worse season than last, but they are still the only team close to us. But I guess that's to be expected when the two of us are still the only ones who have gone professional yet. Bergur Joensen 27a had another great season for us up top. Scored 16 league goals in 16 starts this season and also helped us in Europe. He is also up to 7 national goals in 9 games for the Faroe Islands. Mads Dybkjær 28c had a great season in the defensive midfield role and really control the midfield behind the rest of the attacking force. Janus Olsen 23j is our best defender and had another good season.

The youth intake this season reflects that the squad is becoming pretty good. Not a bad intake, but not a ton of great players this time. Still, Rúni Hansen 29a looks like a really solid defender.

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat Hoyvík, Víkingur Gøta and 07 Vestur to reach another final, there we beat KÍ Klaksvík 3-1 to retain the cup as well.

In Champions League we started in the 1st qualifying round as usual. Here we beat CSKA-Sofia of Bulgaria on away goals to go through. In the 2nd qualifying round we dispatched Birkirkara of Malta with relative ease. In the 3rd qualifying round we faced IFK Göteborg of Sweden and had a horrible time at home when we lost 0-3. We redeemed us somewhat by beating them 2-0 in Sweden, but it was still not enough to go past them.

This meant we went into the Europa League and the playoff for the group stage where we beat Žalgiris Vilnius of Lithuania quite clearly. In the group stage we had another tough draw when we got Brøndby of Denmark, Lazio of Italy and Manchester United of England. We managed to beat Brøndby at home, but lost the rest of the matches and finished last in the group.

We visited some new countries this time so I've added Bulgaria, Malta, Sweden, Lithuania and Denmark, 

zOknagH.png

IgRsW1z.png

Edited by XaW

14 hours ago, Cookie147 said:

A good start to the season, then out of nowhere, this:

Run.thumb.png.592e0f589fd099d612f531c8fd6ea33e.png

TNS away, on TV next :rolleyes:

So, things improved after this horrific run, and although we finished in 10th, we stayed up with relative ease. Also got to the cup final again, where it was a repeat of last year's final versus TNS. I'll update tomorrow.

Logo.png.3542a82e73cf108610f420236f0075a5.png

SEASON 12 - 2031/32

JD CYMRU PREMIER - 10th Position

A bit of a backwards step this season in the league, which hopefully is just a blip and not a sign of things to come, as the board are requesting mid-table next season, having been satisfied with just avoid relegation before. The season actually started with promise, but an unforeseen run of 9 consecutive defeats left the team reeling near the foot of the table. But form picked up after the league split, and with losing 1 of the final 12 league games, we managed to comfortably survive relegation.

The cups were better, as we reached the quarter final of the Nathaniel MG Cup, and like last season we made it to the final of the Welsh Cup, again facing the countries only professional club, TNS. Who by the way seem to be improving dramatically each season. Last season we lost by 6, this year the defeat was 'only' 5-1.

LEAGUE TABLE:

League.thumb.png.d43951be56b5c27bfa29a4d0c96ba06b.png

PLAYER OF THE SEASON:

No surprises at all, and despite Luke Vaughan-Evans (YP07A) frequently disappearing on international jollies, he still finished as best player, and (joint) top scorer with Owain-Llyr-Billington (YP05M).

98313309_LukeVaughan-Evans.thumb.png.41d4ab4058d7c0ae4e9743c50679911b.png

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON:

Luke Vaughan-Evans (YP07A) won this again, hands down. I'm so lucky that TNS haven't retained their initial interest in him.

YOUTH INTAKE:

I forgot to take a screen shot of the initial intake, but apart from a few players it wasn't that inspiring. Here are my favourite three. Jay Hooson, Iwan Roberts and Dominic Sumpter:

1195896783_JayHoosonYP12A.thumb.png.0ec72886eff8e83eda855c845fa79af9.png

2040705937_IwanRobertsYP12B.thumb.png.8e1d443ac8971da08941de48a0dbd415.png

699398725_YP12CDominicSumpter.thumb.png.d01ba863f2cbe906f1131a5b578c6991.png

IMPROVEMENTS:

None

TRANSFERS:

Transfers.thumb.png.80235dbf67d0f9ba53d8fd0283c4ad68.png

PROGRESS:

Progress.thumb.png.6424a72fa20c9a00ec0cd971226dc630.png

Finally...

I'm not sure if the league reputation is significantly improving, but with Leroy Sane now managing in the division, it does suggest that might be happening. Not by my doing though, solely TNS's work, I'd suggest.

2 hours ago, Padders said:

6,500 games in charge

Still no closer to qualifying for the Champions League never mind winning it

20200701130447_1.thumb.jpg.5334ffbc6c4e7642b3217133564de3a2.jpg

Fair play, keep going! My laptop would be in a skip by now. 

I think I need to admit defeat in this Brickfield challenge. I feel the team are stuck, whereby i can't improve due to worsening finances and i can't get the players to live up to their potential. 

I think i need to change my approach to this challenge and start afresh.

I may stay in Wales, but any other suggestions? 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/Worthingfclogo.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Hey, so it’s been a while, sorry about that! I haven’t been around on the forums much or really playing FM recently but got that itch again and I couldn’t leave this save abandoned until I had failed. My initial post is here for anyone wishing to see how I started off. I’m also not used to doing “update posts” like these so forgive me if it’s a mess, my memory on the early parts of the season are a little hazy too :D

As I mentioned previously, the board only wanted newly promoted Worthing to just survive, the media thought we had very little chance of doing so and we had a terribly unbalanced squad, with only 16 players across all levels at the club, three of them being goalkeepers. My main target to begin with was to not fall to pieces until I could get the youth intake to boost the squad.

Taking all of this into account, I must’ve been blessed by the footballing gods when I was appointed manager, as that is the only explanation I have for what happened this season.

PROMOTED VIA THE PLAYOFFS

Although we lost our 2 best players before a ball had even been kicked, some of the players that did remain were of what I thought was decent quality and something to work with, it wasn’t all completely disastrous! We were incredibly lucky with injuries, in that we hardly got any. When we did, no one else seemed to pick up a long term one, or did anything stupid and get themselves sent off.

The season started off well, we won our first 6 league games. However we then went on an a pretty bad run winning 1 of our next 12, with 5 losses and 6 draws. Due to the good start to the season however, it gave me hope of turning it around, we weren’t too far outside of the playoffs at this point and the wins at the beginning of the season gave me hope of pushing on. Our inconcistent form continued into the new year, never able to win more than one game consecutively, but also never losing or drawing more than one game consecutively, with other teams around us seemingly dropping points at a similar rate, the playoffs were still within a reach.

March is where things seemed to really click with the squad, which coincided with a good youth intake as I was able to boost my squad a bit, with two guys able to go straight into my main 11 in positions that needed strengthening. With 13 games remaining, we won 11 and lost only two, a run that saw us push up the table and seal a playoff place. I was suprisingly confident going into the playoffs with that run of form behind us.

The playoffs first saw us play Gloucester, who we beat comfortably 3-0, before playing Billericay. The game was 2-2 with 15 minutes remaining until academy graduate Sizwe Komane scored in the 76th minute to put us into the final against Wealdstone. I would be lying if I said I didn’t have concerns for this game. Wealdstone finished 2nd behind Havant and Waterlooville, however finished with a whopping 101 points, 14 points clear of 3rd place Billericay and 20 points clear of myself. I actually felt a little bad for a whole of 5 seconds when we won following a 69th minute penalty. We seemed to come under a barrage of shots after this, outnumbering us 23 shots to 6, but alas we were victorious and have earnt promotion to the Vanarama National League.

I think this may have been a little too soon, I’m not optimistic of staying up, however some of my youngsters have developed a little already, so hopefully they have enough about them to keep us in the division next year. For now, I'll celebrate.

As for the cups, we didn’t have a great showing, but it really helped us in terms of attendances and our finances. We went out in both the 1st round of the FA Cup and the FA Vase. Hoping to improve on this next season.

My next post likely won’t be so detailed, this was partly to help me get back into it :D

Youth Intake

To be honest any year would've been a decent year for me I think, but I was especially happy with the intake this season as it allowed me to buff the squad out. I will have more control over youth recruitment going forward. Worthing started out with good facilities for this level anyway which has only been helped by the board improving the youth recruitment and academy coaching this season. My three favourites being;

Sizwe Komane 21A
Sam Douglas 21B
Ted Wilde 21C

We'll likely be completely out of our depth next season, but if we can survive then it's something to build on. Next update at the end of next season, unless we get sacked before that :rolleyes:

PROGRESS

3DCl2LK.png

Logo.png.59c9f49186710d8417d2f2ab6c22e134.pngHari.png.cb3983e5cbe0b416b9a191eb76c7415c.png

JALKAPALLOSEURA HERCULES

FINNISH FIRST DIVISION

Hari Litmanen, distant cousin of the former Finnish legend, Jari, has decided it's time to dip his toe in the water of club management. His less than successful career in Sunday League Football suggests this will never work, and with no coaching qualifications to his name, many are predicting a short stay in charge.

1923268898_NewManager.thumb.png.63c9f3f292f687d5d196a033d313131d.png

Background.thumb.png.677dcc3759330d73f246d502847ea750.png

On 01/07/2020 at 13:26, Padders said:

6,500 games in charge

Still no closer to qualifying for the Champions League never mind winning it

20200701130447_1.thumb.jpg.5334ffbc6c4e7642b3217133564de3a2.jpg

I'd love to see a year-by-year overview of your progress. Any chance you can SS the job history page? Might need a few screenshots with so many seasons to fit in!

EscudoOlimpo.svg

Club Olimpo

Season Summary 2020 - 2021

Promotion to Primera Division! 

After completing the Youth Academy Challenge with South Shields I decided to quit the save. Once the challenge is over, the fun is over! I have previously completed it with Real Jean (Spain) on FM19 and failed in Croatia with NK Zadar on the current version. I decided to give it a try in South America, it doesn't see to be anyone else playing there? 

I chose Argentina for the simple reason that there is only two playable leagues in Argentina and three in Brazil. This means it's a bit tougher in the beginning as your low reputation as a manager upsets the squad confidence, but after climbing the lower leagues with South Shields I wanted to start closer to the top this time. 

I don't know the Argentinian leagues all too well, but I had heard of Olimpo before and the season preview placed us in the middle of the table so that was good. I started to read a bit about the clubs history and found lots of ups and downs over the last few seasons. They got relegated from the Argentinian Premier League in the 2017/2018 season, before getting relegated again the following the season to the 3rd tier!! 

The Argentinian league is a strange one, with a two month break in the middle, a promotion system that makes no sense at all, and the relegation system from the Premier Division is based on the average result over the last three seasons... This year Colon got relegated from the top tier, even though they finished 14th out of 23 teams... okey...

The Argentinian 2nd tier is split into two 18 team groups and you play every team twice. The winning sides from each group face each other in a promotion final. The losing side face the teams placed from 2nd to 4th place in each of the two groups. I honestly still don't know how this system works.. 

A few cup rounds is also played way before the season starts, so you play something like 16 friendlies a year..

I took over what I would call a pretty good side, perfectly suited for a 4-2-3-1 high intensity tactic. The season started off well with three straight wins. We then lost a couple of games and all hell broke loose. A few key players had been placed on the bench and they were not happy. All of a sudden the managerial support fell so much that the players tried to get rid of me. Even though we played well over the next few months the board was constantly warning me that I had to turn around the lack of support from the players. I loaned out a couple of players in the January window and that helped a bit! Luckily for me the results were good and over time the players calmed down and seemed happy to keep me in charge. We stayed around the top with 4-5 other teams for a long time, but one by one they dropped out and it turned into a two horse race between us and Newell's Old Boys. We faced them in the 31st round away and that was in many ways a season final! A very even game all the way, but Newell's had some major chances in the second half. Then in stoppage time, we get a corner kick. Martin Ferreyra, our star CB, steps ut and hammers in a header and we were secured promotion! For about 45 seconds.. Newell's went straight to attack and got the equalizer in the 93rd minute!! Gutted and with three rounds to go only a single point separated us. 

We then drew our next game and Newell's won 1-0. I thought for sure the title was out of my hands at this point and had given into figuring out the strange promotion system. Luckily for us Newell's lost points against mid-table side All Boys in the following game and we manged to win our home game. This gave us the match ball at the end of the season and we finished the season of majestically with a 5-0 win! We were in the promotion final against Independiante Rivadia, and even though we had two key players out injured we safely won 3-0. Champions and promotion!! 

I'm excited to see what we can do next season. Our finances are in a shocking state, so even if we do well, will we see a third year? We are well within our wage budget but we are bleeding money! 

Note: the club had already signed Juan Garcia when I took over and it wasn't possible to cancel the transfer. He arrived in January with the combination og high salary and terrible skills. I loaned him out after one day, even without getting any of his salary covered. That's how bad he is. 

Season Summary

1465571901_2020-07-0216_30_40-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.74058b361e71937d4c7e7dabc812da51.jpg     1667260738_2020-07-0216_30_53-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.163dd75b933ae76d9cbeec3be8cb6a71.jpg     1891243782_2020-07-0216_31_03-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.c0f7332b3125be1bcdbb2f958c7e2f6b.jpg

Key Players

2094823478_2020-07-0216_31_24-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.1faa2a4f9d4b272f13f4bec09e583bb8.jpg     1844164817_2020-07-0216_31_38-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.9a9264e57d9ad2566a15847bd585c081.jpg     381434386_2020-07-0216_31_51-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.02d0b1320373a4f97fb884e2d0f247c6.jpg

Top Talent

1831656304_2020-07-0216_32_01-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.bc47cb8b6d691fea37255b94602ffd2a.jpg     526041909_2020-07-0216_32_20-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.92f513d7fbb9443d06a30a65c2004037.jpg     1932864090_2020-07-0216_32_29-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.2ef6ddb3a09c907064de97183f4b4310.jpg

Season	|	League                      |   Position    |      Cup      |  Continental
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21	|	Primera Nacional (2nd tier) |	  1st       |  6th round    |     N/A

Edited by thomas_e

After being unable to complete my attempt in Belarus - through no fault of my own - I'm currently loading up Romania as my next destination. Got the itch to play again with summer vacation fast approaching, and seeing the challenge being completed! There's 3 official tiers playable in the game, but literally dozens of regional divisions in the 4th tier; so, I could go going anywhere. Fingers crossed there's a sleeping giant with good facilites already at that depth! 

Edit: will pick another country since for some reason I can't choose a 3rd tier team to manage.

image.png.b8ec53ad970d7f8aa225b67c94c26530.png

Edited by collindinho

35 minutes ago, collindinho said:

After being unable to complete my attempt in Belarus - through no fault of my own - I'm currently loading up Romania as my next destination. Got the itch to play again with summer vacation fast approaching, and seeing the challenge being completed! There's 3 official tiers playable in the game, but literally dozens of regional divisions in the 4th tier; so, I could go going anywhere. Fingers crossed there's a sleeping giant with good facilites already at that depth! 

Edit: will pick another country since for some reason I can't choose a 3rd tier team to manage.

image.png.b8ec53ad970d7f8aa225b67c94c26530.png

It's like in France, you can see the lowest league, but you can't play in it. You have to start this challenge in the 2nd division. The good thing is, when you got relegated , and don't get sacked, you can keep on playing. ;)

9 minutes ago, Bartrcm said:

It's like in France, you can see the lowest league, but you can't play in it. You have to start this challenge in the 2nd division. The good thing is, when you got relegated , and don't get sacked, you can keep on playing. ;)

Learnt something new today, thanks! I just feel that would go against the spirit of the challenge somewhat, because I wouldn't be at the lowest league to begin with.

nk-primorje-ajdovscina-logo-4E11608245-seeklogo_com.png.5b57d545e44830c6bc341353917d2390.pngND Primorje Ajdovscina

Opted for Slovenia in the end, and I've taken control of Primorje. We're favourites for relegation, and only have a squad of 8 players. This should be fun!

Interestingly, they have had quite the history. They even finished 2nd in the top division in 01/02. Let's bring them back some glory days :)

693705364_COLLINDINHO_Profile-3.thumb.png.6dbbb5db616636f6a7b7700ec3e73641.png

svend.png.d5067c0c55594cdbe45ae6e57d46d954.png

2020-2021 - Danish 2. Division -7th Relegation Stage

We hung on in there until the regens came, who provided enough ability to drag us from relegation and onto safety. Several popped straight into the starting lineup and did pretty well, especially Mejer, Anker and Jensen. (Plato is a personal favourite though as he's the only competent set piece taker in my rabble). The squad was led amicably by Tais Holm who contributed with 10 goals and did just enough to get us to safety. 

Improved our youth recruitment

45C63CC1BF531ECE3D6FF2FAFB3B32347E64C9DA

CDDDBA99B090970FFCCD86DCBAA9C5FF36077989 (1280×1024)

235E747A4FFF8E7A64A139BD99BA2D29D2B37CA6 (1280×1024)

Anker was very solid in central midfield and coming in from the right.

BA9AE1B434B21CBE3F4445B7159CF90F957B1F33 (1280×1024)

Straight in at left back..

FDF409EEC0881727CDC548422BBD422A6D39CBEC (1280×1024)

My two players who couldn't get work permits, and various amateurs I couldn't persuade to stay.

835807D86483AFFA246F9C80313BD7FF43A5F6D2 (1280×1024)

F11B6DA49DA0877DA634B52C1C67A98CD5D11D96 (1280×1024)

The best 11. Jensen was pivotal in our survival. 

BAD6B65214014F4C6D3A31A5F55E51030CCEB7ED (1280×1024)

The Relegation table, we started this section at game 22 in 10th, but the regens saved us! 

Mr Set Piece

image.png

Edited by TheRailwaymen

XaW - Miðvágs Bóltfelag - 2030

We retained the title, but we actually lost a game this time around. Our first loss in seventy-three matches! Still, another great season and still only KÍ Klaksvík are anywhere close. Ragnar Nielsen 28a had a great season both scoring and assisting in double digits from the wing. Hugin Gregersen 28b also did great from full back and Kenneth Sørensen 24a was our top scorer.

The youth intake this season was pretty good, and with a random great Gibraltarian player in Ryan Lovegrove 30a, I'm very happy.

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat Havnar Bóltfelag and ÍF Fuglafjørður to reach the final. Here we beat KÍ Klaksvík again to claim another cup trophy.

In Champions League we started in the 1st qualifying round as usual. Here we beat Partizani Tirana of Albania without much trouble. In the 2nd qualifying round we faced Dynamo Kyiv of Ukraine and destroyed them at home. A 0-1 loss away was enough to put us through. In the 3rd qualifying round we met Cracovia of Poland. We beat them on both legs to go past them. In the playoff we got Ferencváros of Hungary. We drew 2-2 home, but managed to sneak in a 2-1 win away to get into the group stage!

We had our normal insanely hard group draw and got Milan of Italy, Chelsea of England and Barcelona of Spain. Typical... We did our best, but we became a real whipping boy and lost all matches, including a 8-0 loss away to Barcelona. Unsurprisingly, we finished bottom without scoring a goal.

Some new countries added this season. Ukraine, Poland and Spain are the new ones.

gLHfcKY.png

WbvLVnd.png

7 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Lol @XaW, I don’t think you could have ever had a tougher draw than that.  That.  Is.  Insane.

Yeah, when I saw it I realised I had no chance at all, not that I would have had much chance anyway, but that was just plain impossible.

Season Review 2171/72

Relegated again to Championship, on goal difference, losing 2-1 on the final day.

We have been finishing lower and lower in the PL so it was bound to happen

Not producing enough quality out of the Academy, especially defensively with playing with 4 defenders all League 1/2 standard

Conceded over 100 goals

20200703084820_1.thumb.jpg.c1cef881d4eda2b7f0ec56261250c8c1.jpg

nk-primorje-ajdovscina-logo-4E11608245-seeklogo_com.png.e7bdf6118459beb9d87f9e31a7818508.pngND Primorje Ajdovscina - 2019/2020 (Season 1)

Competitions / Transfers / Finances

Little bit of clarification first regarding the transfers: one was arranged before I joined, and the other two were from the board takeover (yes, already) previously posted. They have not played a game; nor have I been able to sell them yet. Happy with the first season in Slovenia. It's incredibly competitive though, as you can see from the league table there's not much difference between the teams. This was evident that despite being favourites for relegation, the odds of doing so were only @ 17.00. I was lucky my 8 players were mostly defensively based and I was able to play defensively in ALL games. Youth intake is promising - especially Patrik Spudic 21a - who has scored 5 in 4 games already. Not sure what it is with me getting some nice strikers in the first intake - long may it continue!

2116635624_NDPrimorjeAjdovscina_YouthCandidates.thumb.png.02af6e8a5cb2d0b987bafa44f745279a.png

image.thumb.png.85e8a24089cd9341e3f55a7842f026df.png

2 minutes ago, collindinho said:

nk-primorje-ajdovscina-logo-4E11608245-seeklogo_com.png.e7bdf6118459beb9d87f9e31a7818508.pngND Primorje Ajdovscina - 2019/2020 (Season 1)

Competitions / Transfers / Finances

Little bit of clarification first regarding the transfers: one was arranged before I joined, and the other two were from the board takeover (yes, already) previously posted. They have not played a game; nor have I been able to sell them yet. Happy with the first season in Slovenia. It's incredibly competitive though, as you can see from the league table there's not much difference between the teams. This was evident that despite being favourites for relegation, the odds of doing so were only @ 17.00. I was lucky my 8 players were mostly defensively based and I was able to play defensively in ALL games. Youth intake is promising - especially Patrik Spudic 21a - who has scored 5 in 4 games already. Not sure what it is with me getting some nice strikers in the first intake - long may it continue!

2116635624_NDPrimorjeAjdovscina_YouthCandidates.thumb.png.02af6e8a5cb2d0b987bafa44f745279a.png

image.thumb.png.85e8a24089cd9341e3f55a7842f026df.png

A random Irish player in the intake too. Love that. 

Just now, Cookie147 said:

A random Irish player in the intake too. Love that. 

Caught me off-guard that did! Very strange one since it's not coming from my nationality; more likely the "average" recruitment throwing up a curve ball. Just checked and he's 100% Irish, no dual citizenship :idiot:

image.thumb.png.edd31cb171dedc3425e513b5beaaae86.png

9 minutes ago, Padders said:

Season Review 2172/73

Won the championship again, a joke really that second place got 110 points!

20200703204115_1.thumb.jpg.0fed0a24cf1186fb4fb02b18a0a1753d.jpg

Solihull in the Championship along with Chelsea. Any epic falls from grace for the current Premier League teams? 

25 minutes ago, Cookie147 said:

Solihull in the Championship along with Chelsea. Any epic falls from grace for the current Premier League teams? 

I saw Everton in the Vanamara not long ago

I've just shut it down but will have a look tomorrow for you to see where they are now

22 minutes ago, Padders said:

I saw Everton in the Vanamara not long ago

I've just shut it down but will have a look tomorrow for you to see where they are now

I don't think I noticed Man City in either the Premiership or Championship... :eek:

Edited by collindinho

XaW - Miðvágs Bóltfelag - 2031

Once again we retained the title, now for the 5th time in a row. And we returned to our unbeaten run. This season our best player were Kenneth Sørensen 24a who scored a lot from his wide position. Brian Petersen 28h also had a really good season, while Ragnar Nielsen 28a provided a lot on his wing as well.

The youth intake this season was really good and especially with a good Brazilian. Dánjal Hansen 31a is a welcome addition to a lacking midfield, and Rinaldo 31b is the random Brazilian who somehow ended up on these islands.

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat ÍF Fuglafjørður and Havnar Bóltfelag to reach the final. Here we beat NSÍ Runavík to clinch the title again.

In the Champions League we started in the 1st qualifying round as usual. Here we beat Dinamo Tbilisi of Georgia to go through. In the 2nd qualifying round we faced Ferenváros of Hungary again. We lost away, but beat them at home with a bigger margin to go past them. In the 3rd qualifying round we didn't have much issue with Slovan Bratislava of Slovakia. Then in the playoffs we lost to Basel of Switzerland on aggregate after we won a game each.

This meant we went into the group stage of the Europa League. There we drew Athletic Club of Spain, Malmö FF of Sweden and PAOK of Greece. We managed to beat PAOK in both legs (as did everyone else, including Athletic beating them 11-0!), but lost the rest and finished 3rd in our group.

As it turns out that gave us another go, this time in the Europa Conference, in the 1st knockout round we faced Scottish side Aberdeen. We beat them at home and lost away, but it was enough to put us through on away goals. In the 2nd qualifying round we got Sparta Praha of Czechia. They got beat in both legs and we went into the next round. There we got a royal spanking by Sevilla of Spain. They beat us 4-0 and 3-0 to stop our run dead in it's tracks.

This season we have added Georgia, Slovakia, Switzerland, Greece and Czechia.

xy1Z1ti.png

kptr5iz.png

Edited by XaW

Logo.png.3f08e5840b46c48b0af00bc4c335006f.pngHari.png.520897d0a77985f8a7e658d237d638a6.png

JALKAPALLOSEURA HERCULES

SEASON 1 - 2020

Hari Litmanen made a good, yet unspectacular start to his life in football management as he guided 'Herkku' to a mid-table finish in the Finnish First Division, which was the remit from the board. It looked like better was on the cards early on, when he remained unbeaten for the first eight matches of the season, but the other teams soon caught on to his style of play and results and points became harder to come by. Harshly though, having been in the top half for the whole season, Hercules dropped to 7th on the final day, pushing them in to the 'relegation play-off' to compete with the 5 teams that finished lower. Luckily we remained unbeaten in this mini league and with the points we had already accumulated, we were easily safe from any danger.

LEAGUE TABLE

950861449_LeagueTable1.thumb.png.cb0fb3dc38e70c7fd14aafc0ae3a160f.png

1331274444_LeagueTable2.thumb.png.0f3a74bd1c8091032758c03a8a1695c4.png

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

A lot of our attacking focus was set around set pieces and long throws, with Haris Dzuho the focal target for all these plays. Chipping in with 11 goals he was crucial to our style of play, and will remain so as long as he is with us.

1582081815_HarisDzuho.thumb.png.9f99f051fc175825b5898a4060c43efb.png

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON

Haris won this award too, even though he's 24.

YOUTH INTAKE

I was actually hoping for more, but maybe as the current squad is fairly decent I shouldn't have expected much from intake 1. However, here it is:

Intake.thumb.png.40e944b6bfab2c62a0233644738babc9.png

My pick of the bunch are, Resolute striker Benjamin Toivonen 01A and the fairly determined duo of left back Niilo Aksentjeff 01B and defensive midfielder Olli Sarajärvi 01C.

1324087396_BenjaminToivonen01a.thumb.png.b678d051763f716c9249d848e6c823d3.png

1508078268_NiloAksentjent.thumb.png.74a57bbdea75576264ae87c0b6f7b113.png

1994670457_OlliSarajarvi.thumb.png.c080b0bada71c0faaca41a1f0fc1c011.png 

IMPROVEMENTS

There was a pre-arranged ground improvement when I joined, increasing capacity by 200.

2111183800_GroundExpansion.thumb.png.10baa0630aa26ebc251f594bdee14847.png

I also managed to get my first coaching badge. I didn't push for more as we were losing cash fast.

55934479_NationalCLicence.thumb.png.fd1d02d1024654830bab91f67b9ede97.png

Transfers.thumb.png.46e1766c759d1489b165b17966da017d.png

PROGRESS

Progress.thumb.png.97a18167c1239e6a0196f0196e5a71d6.png

EscudoOlimpo.svg

Club Olimpo

Youth Intake 2021

A good intake for us! Peralta seems like he could go far as a goalkeeper and Alderete surely has a great future as a ball winning midfielder. Our only gifted winger is Jonathan Gallini and its on the flanks that we are the weakest, but I can't complain! 

394208201_2020-07-0418_16_15-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.1d5d32d505c761ed3ae2523ae4e4b932.jpg     1560697529_2020-07-0418_16_24-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.3c355e576eb9dc1be32c508fbd367d6f.jpg     1787606601_2020-07-0418_16_32-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.a8214595f441242eb95654ee8d495571.jpg     2053013028_2020-07-0418_16_41-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.2f4067a7ec66caf1ce7e73772a4594e7.jpg

nk-primorje-ajdovscina-logo-4E11608245-seeklogo_com.png.bfd1fffbb413f55ca01e0d78bb420408.pngND Primorje Ajdovscina - 2021/2022 (Season 2)

Competitions / Finances / Transfers

Players who were signed by the new chairman have gone; 0 minutes played. It's a shame because one of them could've been useful as my main striker - yup - you guessed it, the board sold the promising striker I had. If we'd manage to keep him, a better season might have been reported. Not much else happening, except another update to the Youth Coaching and getting some more coaching badges. On to next season! This years youth intake looks good, and I'm excited to see Robert Cretnik 22b develop into a solid center back: determined, aggressive, brave and resolute (John Terry?)

1027557124_NDPrimorjeAjdovscina_YouthCandidates-2.thumb.png.219e9525ea206842fb582943328b9eec.png

image.thumb.png.06666242ae69f4f275d8323296829dac.png