The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1633416236_raalbadge.png.a9a2f6bf3bcce892a49a1f4450a3cee5.png

Season 7 review

League: Wow! What a season, we dominated the league almost from start to finish. An end of season collapse threatened to ruin our party but we eventually limped over the line to collect the title. We could've and should've won the whole thing at a canter but I'm just relieved it's over!

Croky Cup: Round 6

6.thumb.png.430031f20f83416dc748474244c4a9cd.png3.thumb.png.9c8db8d2ff757ba73125df50a9f75c6c.png4.thumb.png.ac4acc3574a10274de43d394d9ed5874.png

Key Players: It would be unfair to single anyone out after such a great season, but our Brazilian/Belgian triumvirate were flawless all season.

jaja.thumb.png.7e3fc919dde89a17fc1c63f7867f4bfa.pngnon.thumb.png.991b51b597daf1bf124f953abf9a12be.pngmarq.thumb.png.51814301f8888b82f8b0d69f00d184fc.png

2.png.a278d8d7d62af40be5a3bcec7c82ca02.png

Youth Intake: Promised an excellent group and they probably delivered. 2 are ready for the first team squad already with our young GK probably this year's best prospect.

1.thumb.png.353966d91e08e5b7526cbecd07672b49.png5.thumb.png.be19195e9ee01db4d903fafded079a49.pnggk.thumb.png.0df5b6e3b135a58986ee0977408c47b4.png

Transfers: Lost another good young player for peanuts due to our chairman.

t.thumb.png.0e76d32592dcf78748e287a46950b51e.png

Finances & Misc: A really successful season saw us win the league, the u21 league, the u18 league, player of the year, young player of the year and manager of the year. We also turned professional.

Promotion couldn't come soon enough as our finances took a battering and we lost £1.1m.

Our main aim for next season is to stay in div 2 because this league was a nightmare to escape from!

7.thumb.png.3fd51ccf799cd7b7cffc8ad6661d2988.png

Edited by Brentmeister

Just now, Brentmeister said:

That's tough, he looks like he could have been with you all the way to the end.

Yeah, but at the same time, he only had a year left on his contract and didn't want to talk about a new one, so I were actually thinking about trying to sell him to get money. So in a way Hertha spared me from making that decision...

Season 2022-23

East Kilbride

Scottish League Division 1 Pos: 1st

Well I defied odds of 1500:1, this was a much tougher season in terms of scoring, fortunately my defence picked up after I tweaked a couple things in my formation. Some of the 1st intake of youngsters really kicked on this season

The youth intake wasn't too bad - I'm still trying to work out how I ended up with a Philippine central defender coming through.

Cups

Pfft nothing to write home about here - however my away tie at Rangers generated enough revenue to pay for a stadium expansion (much needed as I filled my ground).

Update - expansion scrapped as it was blocked by the Council.

As the expansion was blocked I thought I'd chance my arm and ask for a new ground - the response was "we feel there's enough room to expand the stadium" - which would seem to contradict the expansion being blocked.

Have a chunk of photos but I'm currently updating this on one PC and the pics are on another.

Edited by Swindon69

I'm calling time on my Truro City save - I'm going nowhere fast - but I'm enjoying the challenge. Just wish it would move a bit faster! So with that in mind, I'm going to start again in Denmark. 

I'll try England again one day, once I'm much clearer about what I'm doing!

so here I am in Denmark with...

671208681_KFUMSilkeborg.png.7c53374859dae1285201260d221936ae.png

Our starting facilities look like this:-

1336273737_silkeborgstart.thumb.JPG.b6da73b8b9a0a75d1a5f9533d67ca566.JPG

The ground holds a massive 1500 people!  5000 a week wage budget with  a massive squad, none of who are signed to a contract. 

Here we go again!

FC Kufstein

FC_Kufstein_club_crest.png

Season 2033/34 (Season 14) Review - tipp3-Bundesliga - Austria

League | Championship Group | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Whoosh! What a season! It actually started quite poor since we lost our best striker to Hertha due to his release clause being met. Still, he didn't want to sign a new contract so they kind of solved a problem for me. Still, it meant I only had 1 striker I could trust to play, and luckily he didn't get injured a lot, though we had some deputizing up front every now and then. But I also changed up things in order to fit in a more attacking midfielder and it seems to work fine. In the regular league Red Bull Salzburg ran away a bit and left the rest of us in the dust. We were still comfortable going into the Championship Group though. There we had a great time winning 7 of the 10 matches, drawing 2 and only losing one. Red Bull Salzburg on the other hand had a nightmare, even if they were the only one who beat us at that stage. That enabled us to catch them going into the last match of the season. We had a home match against St. Pölten, while Red Bull Salzburg were away to Austria Wien. We did the job and beat St. Pölten 4-0, and when I saw Austrian Wien were up 2-0 with 10 minutes to go, I cheered. Then Red Bull pegged on back with 5 minutes to go, but Austria Wien held on and won it. That means we won the league for the first time in the clubs history! A great feat, and only the 2nd team to beat Red Bull Salzburg since 2013!

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat Kuchl, Mattersburg, Red Bull Salzburg, Allerheiligen and Rheindorf Altach to reach the final. Here we beat Rapid Wien on pens after a really close and tense game to take the domestic double this season!

In the Champions League we started in the group stage again. This time we had a bit friendlier draw when we got Inter of Italy, Schalke of Germany and Sevilla of Spain. Not an easy group, but easier than I usually get. We beat Schalke in both legs and also managed a draw at home to Inter while losing the rest. It was a valiant effort, but in the end we finished in 3rd place.

That meant we continued our European adventure when we entered the Europa League knockout stages. We started in the 1st knockout round were we beat Slavia Praha of Czechia with a narrow margin. In the 2nd knockout round we beat Club Brugge of Belgium after winning both matches. In the quarter final we faced Tottenham of England. Here we lost the home leg, but managed a draw in London to at least get knocked out with our honor intact.

Notable players

Uros Popovic 29d - It's sheer madness how many assists he got this season. 31(!) assists is just insane.
Mkhitaryan jr 30b - I switched things up to give him the chance to play in the AM strata and he really delivered on that as our top scorer this season with 22 goals!
John Mifsud 29a - A really good season from the Maltese centre back. Also contributed a lot on set pieces and ended with 13 goals!

Youth intake

Youth preview - A promising preview with plenty of promise for the full back positions.
Youth intake - Well, at least one of the full backs seems promising.

Peter Schwarz 34a - A really nice looking left back. I think he could become a really good one.
Phillip Borowski 34b - Promising goalkeeper prospect.

hkFjntJ.png

35 minutes ago, Brentmeister said:

@XaW What position and role did Popovic get all those assists from?

Winger - Support on the right AM strata mainly.

2 hours ago, Swindon69 said:

Ouch - glad to hear you're continuing I enjoy your updates.

Yeah, I had to stop my save in Germany because my brand new laptop broke. Just didn't start, I thought it was the power supply, but since it was a brand new one, I thought the shop should fix it for me. So I delivered it back to them a couple of weeks ago, and I got i back yesterday and they said the motherboard had some strange failure, so they changed it (no cost to me of course, Norwegian consumer laws! :D ). So in the mean time, I played the Austrian save on my work laptop (I need my fix! But I'm not addicted, promise!), but now I'm continuing it on the new laptop. :)

A bit annoyed the laptop broke after a month or so, but as long as it works now, I'm happy.

26062859_KFUMSilkeborg.png.9d23a017693618060f3309c5475a4c39.png

Season 1

2.Division Promotion Stage

Finish 11th

Season Summary

A tough season was predicted ahead with the board just asking to avoid relegation. A fairly dodgy start meant we were in the relegation half for the first few games but then a really good run of 7 unbeaten sent us rocking up to 4th. 3 defeats in a row meant we had to win our last home game of the preliminary to make it to the promotion stage. A 2-0 win saw us end up 5th overall, which I was ectatic about as it meant we'd avoided relegation. I was safe! 

The promotion stage proved a lot more dificult and we only won 1 of our 11 games but I didn't mind too much. We didn't disgrace ourselves and a top half finish in our first season isn't too bad.

We got a tad unlucky in the cup, drawing Vejle of the Superliga at home. They outclassed us 3-0

Players

Worryingly, our best players are in their late 30s and our inconsistent performances meant only one made it to a green 7+ rating. The next 2/3 seasons are going to be interesting...

Luckily, i found this fella in the youth team who looked a handy prospect up front. I was planning on sending him out on loan but my striker was posting such poor returns i lobbed him in for the last 6 games of the season just to see how he did. 5 goals later and he might well start the new season as first choice striker. 

Youth

Aforementioned Simon Heine was joined in the U19 team by a couple of other tidy looking prospects, which was nice. My first youth preview promised me a golden generation! I was right not to get too excited though...

preview1.thumb.JPG.e46b37063560f2831bdee6c289895e10.JPG

..because when the intake came through it wasn't a pretty sight

youthintake21.thumb.JPG.22bed05e35e5b09f968f8b8e1d25146e.JPG

I'd chosen my HOYD based primarily on personlaity, determination and preferred tactic. His attributes were pretty shocking otherwise, so I guess it's not too much of a urprise. I decided he had to go. I found this fella who had just retired from Lyngby and was looking for his first job, so over to Silkeborg he's come. A huge improvement attribute wise if not personality wise but a massive upgrade for a club of our size.

newHOYDseason2.thumb.JPG.7aa2482e8a3d678b91af349371701f22.JPG

Finances and Improvements

Silkeborg only went semi-proffessional the day i joined so all our players were on amatuer contracts or signed on a non-contract basis. I kept them that way to keep finances low, only offering a contract if some other club came sniffing around. The better looking youth prospects were signed up on a part-time contract for a massive £1 a week. I felt a little cheeky offering it, but the idiots accepted it!

Because of this we managed to finish the season in the black, albeit only just. The board even promised to improve our youth intake so long as I play some youth in the first team first. I think I can manage that.

They even paid for my first coaching upgrade!

2049023121_nationalC.thumb.JPG.3724a7fcef364f01a5cf3e07034e812f.JPG

So, still a long, long way to go but we're moving in the right direction. The plan for next season is to integrate a few more youth players in the first team and get that intake upgrade. I'm also interested to see what the new HOYD throws my way.

season1summary.thumb.JPG.cda229be34a35e2331b797dbd828d7fc.JPG

25 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Always exciting when you get that message

Not long until I finish the season now, so you'll get to see him soon. Always nice to give a little teaser. ;)

I have given him a 3 year deal, with an option 3 more, AND one more if he plays 15 games in the final season. So if he starts to think he is too big, I can keep him for a LONG time! :D

42 minutes ago, XaW said:

Not long until I finish the season now, so you'll get to see him soon. Always nice to give a little teaser. ;)

I have given him a 3 year deal, with an option 3 more, AND one more if he plays 15 games in the final season. So if he starts to think he is too big, I can keep him for a LONG time! :D

Did same with the guy I had as well - 2nd season with him now and he's my first wonderkid :D 

FC Kufstein

Season 2034/35 (Season 15) Review - tipp3-Bundesliga - Austria

With our first title done last season, I hoped we could fight for another one this season. The main competitor is still Red Bull Salzburg, and they showed why this season. In the normal league they did great and we did everything possible to keep up, but we still finished a bit behind them in 2nd place. Going into the Championship group we continued to do well and even caught up some to Salzburg. Going into the final day we were 3 points behind and needed to win away to Rapid Wien, while we needed Red Bull Salzburg to lose at home to Austria Wien. Everything failed when we lost and Red Bull Salzburg won. So we finished in 2nd place this time.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat Traiskirchen, Mannsdorf/Großenzersd., Wiener Neustädter and Rheindorf Altach before losing to Red Bull Salzburg in the semi final.

In the Champions League we started in the group stage again. This time we drew Real Madrid of Spain, Schalke of Germany (again) and Benfica of Portugal. Real Madrid thumped us, but we were quite evenly matched with the rest. In the end we managed to sneak into 2nd place and qualify further. In the 1st knockout round we had a tough draw in Juventus of Italy and got knocked out, even if we beat them at home.

Notable players

Michael Büchler 29b - Our top scorer did well this season, but he needs to watch out for our newest wonderkid.
Uros Popovic 29d - Not as good a season as last time, but still a great season from our assist king.
Dragan Kovacevic 29c - A really good playmaker for us and controls almost every game.

Youth intake

Youth preview - Looks like a promising intake this time around.
Youth intake - Wow... As I posted above, "could be the best of his generation" indeed.

Rouven Brinks 35a - Simply wow. He is ready for our first team from the get go, and he will be!
Marko Juric 35b - A bit in the shadow, but still a great talent.

GcRrbzs.png

Hi all! Been getting back into FM recently, so thought I’d give this a go. (I’m on FM19, so starting a season "early")

Farsley Celtic

image.png.197a865d2ec2e760a28f5f29339bc888.png

Taking charge of Farsley Celtic is Bob Bethell...

image.thumb.png.feefc58379616ff210428d31b7b342ae.png

Hope to be back with an update very soon!

Edited by 6499red
formatting

7 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

@XaW Brinks looks great, type of player you could build around for years 

That's the plan. At the moment I'm playing a 1 striker formation and here he is along his competition.

qNbdxTh.pngok0S0Fy.png

It's a bit tempting trying to figure out a two-striker formation, but I'm horrible at making them, and I have too many good AMC's as well... Luxury problems, I know, but still!

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

That's the plan. At the moment I'm playing a 1 striker formation and here he is along his competition.

qNbdxTh.pngok0S0Fy.png

It's a bit tempting trying to figure out a two-striker formation, but I'm horrible at making them, and I have too many good AMC's as well... Luxury problems, I know, but still!

Yeah I'm a 1 striker man as well (hell I'm pretty much just a 433 guy really :D) so what I've done with De Jong is rotate him for a season and a bit but now towards end of 2nd season he's becoming the main man for for, it helps that the other striker I have is 27 and really not a leading guy for a Premier league side. I'd be tempted to eventually move Bucher to IF on the right in my setup but I'm always willing to retrain anyone I have :D 

This is De Jong now btw for me

617908013_HandeJong39A_Profile.thumb.png.6153f8f9a630baf695bceab3ff9b61b4.png

2 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Yeah I'm a 1 striker man as well (hell I'm pretty much just a 433 guy really :D) so what I've done with De Jong is rotate him for a season and a bit but now towards end of 2nd season he's becoming the main man for for, it helps that the other striker I have is 27 and really not a leading guy for a Premier league side. I'd be tempted to eventually move Bucher to IF on the right in my setup but I'm always willing to retrain anyone I have :D 

This is De Jong now btw for me

617908013_HandeJong39A_Profile.thumb.png.6153f8f9a630baf695bceab3ff9b61b4.png

Ohh, he looks really nice! Love that 17 OtB!

FC_United_of_Manchester_crest_svg.png.a126123e9f6c365439f10125625c60af.png

Season 2040/41 Review

League | FA Cup | League Cup | Transfers | Squad | Finances

I said last time out (you may not remember as it was a while ago now - thanks to taking a break from football to watch Brentford blow promotion 3 bloody times :mad:) that season may have been our breakthrough season as we looked like a side able to compete at this level, well this season was more so! We're at the point now where we're much better than the bottom sides, slightly better than the midtable sides, but able to lose to them if more than 3 or 4 players are off form and able to compete and beat, at least at home, the top sides when on form. This was easily our best ever season, most amount of points and highest finish ever. 6th best defence which I'm happy with, would have been better but for a late season 7-0 loss away at man City (2 players sent off didn't help) we were in fact the most consistent side going int hat we got up to 8th place after game 13 and stayed there all season.

The Cups were better this year as I took them really seriously with minimal changes for the games, in the league cup we made to the 1/4 finals where eventual winners Chelsea were too good for us, but we gave it a go. The FA Cup was where we shined though, we were lucky in playing Championship sides for rounds 3, 4 and 5 and seeing most of the big guns get knocked out, in the 1/4 finals we beat Burnley (16th in Prem at the time) before facing Stoke (17th at the time) in the semi finals. We we lifted by seeing West Ham somehow beat league winners Spurs int he first semi so we knew we had a good chance of winning the whole thing. We beat Stoke 3-0 to set up a final with the Hammers.
They ended the season 13th and we had taken 4 points from them in the league. The final was a nervy affair but a penalty after 15 minutes was enough for us to win our first FA Cup and qualify for Europe for the first time ever! 

Youth Intakeanother solid looking one

Mark O'Leary 41A - Irish forward, think I'm going to use him as an IF though
Sam lake 41B - promising forward
Marc Watson 41C - a decent looking CB

Career Progression

Season		League		Position	Junior Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes
2020/21		VNLN		8th 		Adequate		Fairly Basic
2021/22		NVLN		3rd 		Good			Average			Recruitment and coaching upgrades Lost playoff semi finals	
2022/23		NVLN		14th 		Good			Adequate		Youth Recruitment upgrade, started first coaching badge
2023/24		VNLN		7th 		Excellent		Good			Got first coaching badge. Promotion via playoffs
2024/25		VNL		5th 		Excellent		Good			Won promotion via playoffs. Got Youth facility upgrade
2025/26		League 2	14th 		Excellent		Good
2026/27		League 2	5th 		Excellent		Good			Lost in playoffs semi finals
2027/28		League 2	8th 		Excellent		Good			Finally got 2nd coaching badge
2028/29		League 2	1st 		Excellent		Good			National A Coaching badge
2029/30		League 1	4th 		Excellent		Good			Promotion via playoffs. Continental C coaching badge
2030/31		Championship	18th 		Exceptional		Excellent
2031/32		Championship	19th 		Exceptional		Exceptional
2032/33		Championship	4th 		Exceptional		Exceptional		Lost in playoff semi final, moved from youth level 4 to 3
2033/34		Championship	5th 		Exceptional		Exceptional		Lost in playoff semi finals
2034/35		Championship	5th 		Exceptional		Exceptional		Lost in playoff final, completed coaching badges
2035/36		Championship	1st 		Exceptional		Exceptional
2036/37		Premiership	10th 		Exceptional		Exceptional 
2037/38		Premiership	14th 		Exceptional		Exceptional
2038/39		Premiership	16th 		Exceptional		Exceptional
2039/40		Premiership	10th 		Exceptional		Exceptional		Moved to level 1 academy 
2040/41		Premiership	8th 		Exceptional		Exceptional		Won the FA Cup

I've gone to Iceland and have taken control of Selfoss.

I got off to a bad start with my top striker demanding a move which I rejected, this turned the whole squad against me. I then managed 1 draw out of my first 4 League Cup games at which point I was getting a D rating.

My league form was fairly indifferent in the early part of the season which bizarrely included a 6-0 away win. My form then turned round and I clinched the title with two games to go.

Icelandic First Division_ Stages.png

This is my top scorer

Guðmundur Tyrfingsson_ Profile.png

My youth intake looks like this

Ungmennafélag Selfoss_ Youth Candidates.png

It'll be interesting to see how next season pans out.

Edited by Swindon69

Arkonia Szczecin 2029/30

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBQR9E4PU5z0i4H3jetOM

Squad - League - Transfers - Facilities - FinancesIntake

Team of gladiators what a season it was! We managed to hold up all the time between 2-8 place. I was thinking that I will get straight promotion but unlucky  at end of the season we lost some matches and we go into playoffs where we took 2-1 Termalica after extra time and 3-1 Podbeskidzie. In Polish Cup we lost in quarterfinals with Lech Poznan  0-6. Even with promotion we lost 2 wingers Cichon 09a to Legia Warszawa for 230k and Pustelnik 08c for few euros... but at the end we still did everything to get promotion. Intake was poor imo We got 2 DM and both dont look really good Klimczak 10a and Rzepka 10b. As its 10th season anniversary I will present players who get from  the bottom of the polish sunday leagues went loooooong journey  to Polish Ekstraklasa! :)

Hilicki 08e

Rudnicki 06f                                                        Bulawski 03  

Tloczek 05g   Pietras 08a

Klimczak 06g

Kapelusz 04a   Sikorski 07   Skorb 06b   Mikolajczyk 08

Jedrzejczyk 02c

Worth mention: Nwachukwu 06d - Peda 07d

Season    |  League           | Pos  |  Polish Cup     |   Europe  |     Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Liga Okręgowa     |  1st |   n/a           |   n/a     | Winners
2021/22   | IV League         |  2nd |   n/a           |   n/a     | Top 4
2022/23   | IV League         |  1st |   n/a           |   n/a     | Winners
2023/24   | III League        | 10th |   n/a           |   n/a     | Survive
2024/25   | III League        |  9th |   n/a           |   n/a     | Survive
2025/26   | III League        |  1st |   n/a           |   n/a     | Winners
2026/27   | II League         |  2nd |   n/a           |   n/a     | Promotion
2027/28   | Fortuna 1 League  | 11th |   1st round     |   n/a     | Survived
2028/29   | Fortuna 1 League  |  6th |   3rd round     |   n/a     | Knock out in Playoffs Semi-final
2029/30   | Fortuna 1 League  |  3th |   Quarterfinals |   n/a     | Promotion - Playoffs Winners 

Edited by Sn00gle

FC Kufstein

Season 2035/36 (Season 16) Review - tipp3-Bundesliga - Austria

Another season where we struggle to keep up with Red Bull Salzburg. I mean, we have beaten them once, but now, under Mikel Arteta, they are frighteningly strong. We had a good showing in the normal league, but were still a bit behind Red Bull Salzburg. In the Championship stage we did very well, but still were nowhere near them and we finished in 2nd as usual.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat Ebreichsdorf, Mauerwerk, Wiener Neustädter, Rheindorf Altach and Rapid Wien to reach the final. Here we beat Sturm Graz to claim another cup title.

In the Champions League group stage we drew Borussia Dortmund of Germany, Porto of Portugal and Anderlecht of Belgium. We did quite well, but could only finish 3rd after Porto surprised everyone by winning the group.

That meant we went into the Europa League knockout rounds. In the 1st knockout round we beat French side Marseille on away goals to go through. In the 2nd qualifying round we were once again knocked out by English Tottenham, and I'm starting to really dislike them this game. Also since they are stealing Mkhitaryan jr 30b on a free at the end of this season...

Also, we are planning to build a new stadium, but no details yet.

Notable players

Rouven Brinks 35a - Our young superstar had an excellent debut season. I had planned to have him as a sub at the start, but he just shone every chance he got, so he became first choice quite fast.
Dragan Kovacevic 29c - Our captain, and one of the players I like the most this save. Rarely injured and always delivers.
Vedad Mehic 32a - A player that has hovered around the first team for a few seasons, but I gave him a chance to shine and he did great.

Youth intake

Youth preview - Meh....
Youth intake - Turns out, I did not take the screenshot I thought I did..., but a few decent players and a lot of trash.

Dominik Bekavac 36a - Promising two-footed full back that can play on both sides. Should be very useful.
Nacho Toledano 36b - A decent striker with some nice attributes.
Aleksandre Jimsheleishvili 36c - Georgian goalkeeper with a name I doubt I'll be able to pronounce. Decent talent as well.

mnrRinC.png

FC Energie Cottbus

FC Energie Cottbus

Season Summary 2020 - 2021

Promotion in the first season

After a short stint in Argentina I decided to return to Europe for what is hopefully another successful story on this challenge. I took over at FC Energie Cottbus in the German 3rd division. The biggest challenge in Germany is that players that are 16 or younger at the start of the year are not allowed to play league games. This certainly makes this challenge a lot harder in the beginning and you really have to work with what you got. 

I have a decent team in Cottbus and we were tipped to finish mid-table. We started okay and after a couple of months we were sitting safely in mid-table. Some minor tactical changes really saw us progress and we went on a great run of form. From around February it was obvious that the two direct promotion spots and the play off spot was going to be fought out between us, Ingolstadt and Wurzburg. For the last 15 games of the season it seemed like every game was a cup final! I was really impressed with how we played and really managed a high pace, high press football that really worked out well. Up front we have Felix Brugmann who finished top scorer with 21 goals in 30 games. The importance of starting this challenge with a good striker cannot be overestimated! 

In the third last game of the season we faced Wurzburg away in what I thought was a direct promotion final. Unfortunately we lost the game 2-1 and it looked like we would finish 3rd. Out of the blue, Wurzburg lost their final game at home to Kaiserslautern and with us beating 5th placed Zwickau 3-1 away we managed to secure direct promotion! Wurzburg ended up losing the play off's against 2nd Bundesliga team Jahn Regensburg 4-3 on aggregate. 

We have a young team that hopefully can develop further in the 2nd Bundesliga. Our youth intake this year was good, but I am two years away from using any of them! 

Season Summary

2090439949_2020-08-0918_14_48-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.f507501e81f3a53fa88328fbc0c80edf.jpg     1483907275_2020-08-0917_20_24-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.44d67ffbdfdb72695f8df8622d9d90e0.jpg     1605669075_2020-08-0918_15_04-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.ef67af581674075092d570e556dfca0b.jpg     1785098635_2020-08-0918_15_13-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.56f822c47744d14fe32fbce87c0125f4.jpg

Key Players

1566383424_2020-08-0918_15_24-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.6aec915c1fac2a942339254fdca56df7.jpg     1456078004_2020-08-0918_15_36-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.d8949cbb10b37d6dccdf590ffcb2cd32.jpg     231435895_2020-08-0918_15_46-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.4280a9689b11aad58f6092ecb1dd7c25.jpg

Key Talents

1629108089_2020-08-0918_15_57-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.728ff1a68a3f64ac4176c198a80e148b.jpg     2116113459_2020-08-0918_16_18-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.8c45b9a6c268b65834f82b67f7e7caf3.jpg     1256758177_2020-08-0918_16_29-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.7ad4c72b76ea1ca159732cf15e198db7.jpg

Season	|	League              |   Position    |      Cup     |  Continental
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21	|	3rd Bundesliga      |	  2nd       |      N/A     |     N/A

969069711_KFUMSilkeborg.png.49f1bca8c8eed865a5db7cc5d1fca702.png

Season 2021/22

2.Division Promotion Stage

finish 9th

Season Review

Another good season for us, particularly in the preliminary stage where we finished 3rd. We had some really good results along the way and played some really pleasing stuff. I finally felt the side were gelling! The promotion stage was a different matter and we only won twice. It became obvious that we were lucky with our preliminary round draw and still have a way to go if we want promotion.

The cup gave us a nice easy win in round 1 and a home tie against a team in the division above us in round 2. We lost, and the income was very disappointing. We could really use a good cup run

Players

Only one player really worth discussing.

Simon Heine - Our 18 year old striker thrown in at the deep end responded magnificently. 21 goals in 30 games was a huge improvement on his predecessor and at only 18 he's going to be really important over the next few seasons. He also bagged the 2.division top scorer!

heinetopscorer.thumb.JPG.3b44f681673d8fe1383f2fdb3887fdd9.JPG

Nobody else got over 7 as an average rating!

Youth

Intrigued to see how my new HOYD did and he didn't disappoint. We were promised another golden generation, but I assumed that was just because the ability of my current squad was so low

youtthpreview2.thumb.JPG.c05b146a2d556ad926fa12aee2a02790.JPG

The final intake was ok, with 2 or 3 genuinely good prospects

youthintake22.thumb.JPG.3bace8038b13a45fa230a5f7a061a08c.JPG

a better mix of persoalities as well and generally high determination across the board. The best prospect looked like this:-

weibel22.thumb.JPG.bab5705024e73cace2ab23dbda7c7df1.JPG

But I was most excited to get Thomas Graveson. No relation, but his father was a huge fan.

graveson22.thumb.JPG.a81ec55799f6735afe0bc4b932c366af.JPG

Finances and Improvements

By keeping our staff to the bare minimum and our older players on amateur contracts we were able to make a bit of money this season. We still don't really have any money but we're one good cup run away from a healthy balance

funancesjune22.thumb.JPG.e98a9bf6455ea049b5b98310a77a6fa9.JPG

The board rewarded my incessant whining with a new coaching badge and two club improvements. It's not much but it's a start

1209937239_nationalB.thumb.JPG.6e7990df14e5b48b947fd8a3817ac765.JPG

520295285_youthrecruitmentimproveseason22.thumb.JPG.7436bb75f03d934e30e34a8a14392433.JPG

1097055949_juniorcoachingbudget22.thumb.JPG.3c6a58a1bb3aaba6c6595261e6b7143e.JPG

Next season will be tough though. We had 4 retirements and another player leave at the end of his contract meaning we're going to have to throw more youth players into the first team. It will weaken us in the short run, so avoiding relegation has to be the aim. 

season2summary.thumb.JPG.7ea5cb75fc487607dfdf5471f2044c54.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss

My 1st season as sestao manager is done. A mid table finish in the league as was expected by the board. Had a run in the fed cup to the final but then lost heavily in the final to compostela. I was really pleased with that but my board said the competition wasn’t important!! Finances are a mess...from £200k to £1.2mill in the red. Lost a couple of better players due to age and wanting to move to a bigger club. The youth intake was ok but as I only had 15 players last season quite a few are in the first team squad for next season. My wage bill was the 2nd highest in the league at an eye watering 84k a week!! That is now down to 40k  as players leave and are replaced with youth. I hope my youth can settle into the first team in what is always a difficult 2nd season. The board must’ve injected about 2 million to keep us from going further into debt!!

4ACDAAFC-AEC0-445A-B5BF-394592F98C95.jpeg

image.jpg

On 08/08/2020 at 23:02, XaW said:

qNbdxTh.pngok0S0Fy.png

Maybe Buchler can be transformed to an inside forward playing on the right wing? 

2 hours ago, Brentmeister said:

@Padders You should aim for this mate! The Guinness world record is 333 seasons, you're not miles away and we have all the proof in this thread.

Wow! That's a lot of seasons isn't it

Got another 120 seasons to get to that

All depends on two things. How long I am allowed to work from home and when the new game comes out

I will give it a go...................