Should I get FM 20 at 66% discount?

I really like the changes (such as the Development Centre) introduced with FM20, and found I couldn't go back to FM19 or 18 because I missed those changes. Given it's likely to be another 3 months or so until FM21, if you think you'll get enough out of FM20 to make paying just less than £14 worth it, I'd grab it.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, timmy said:

I have Fm 19 and now thinking of getting FM 20 at 66% discount? Is it a good improvement from FM 19?

Try the free demo available via Steam and make up your own mind - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1100600/Football_Manager_2020/

You're liable to get a wide range of opinions here and nobody is going to know better than yourself. Demo lasts for six-months in-game and the save can be carried over if you decide to buy the full version. 

Considering the 66% discount, I only see it dropping even more when the 21 comes out. I want to point out that in no means I call myself an expert on pricing, but looking at how my Steam 'discounts' work, I'd recommend buying it. 

8 hours ago, Brasilia88 said:

Considering the 66% discount, I only see it dropping even more when the 21 comes out. I want to point out that in no means I call myself an expert on pricing, but looking at how my Steam 'discounts' work, I'd recommend buying it. 

But that's not for a few months, so it's not worth waiting just to save a few quid. You'll get your money's worth!

10 hours ago, Brasilia88 said:

I only see it dropping even more when the 21 comes out.

Since they often have to stop selling the older versions (licencing, I've heard), it could be too late to buy it off steam when FM21 is out...

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Since they often have to stop selling the older versions (licencing, I've heard), it could be too late to buy it off steam when FM21 is out...

Thankfully a lot of other places still sell old FM editions and they happily drop the prices once a new version comes out.

Worry not and save your money.

4 minutes ago, Baodan said:

Thankfully a lot of other places still sell old FM editions and they happily drop the prices once a new version comes out.

Worry not and save your money.

Yeah, other sites do, but Steam often does not. I thought it'd be nice for others to know. For what it's worth though, no one can tell if anyone else would like the game or not. And since there is a 6 month free demo I'd advise everyone to try it and see for themselves.

This is exactly what the Demo is for. The best thing is that you try it and if you like it you buy it. Nobody better than you will be able to decide if in 4 months (or more if you don't buy FM21 as soon as it comes out) it will have been worth it. 

19 hours ago, Brasilia88 said:

It tends not to be the case considering SI stop selling the previous versions owing to licensing matters as far as I recall. You can't buy FM19 through Steam any longer for example, some of the sites I did see selling it still had it priced higher than FM20 is right now and some of the selling sites don't exactly have the best reputations.

I had no clue that it is not available afterwards. Quite weird though, but with all these rights and such it is understandable. In Brazil it is almost impossible to buy it for instance. I hope they can fix these things soon. However, looking at FIFA not including Juventus, I imagine this situation only getting worse. 

16 hours ago, santy001 said:

It tends not to be the case considering SI stop selling the previous versions owing to licensing matters as far as I recall. You can't buy FM19 through Steam any longer for example, some of the sites I did see selling it still had it priced higher than FM20 is right now and some of the selling sites don't exactly have the best reputations.

Amazon are usually reliable