When's the BETA out speculation thread FM 21

1 minute ago, Davey1289 said:

If you click on the update in steamdb it has the option to install??? Is it happening??? 

That's just a default steam install link that steamdb generates. It won't work if you can't actually install the game, as is the case with FM21 right now.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Dirkjan said:

But Still, Gaffer Miles said it won't be available for download "during working-hours" because of this. No hope here for a daytime-release.

Sure, and I'm not disputing he said it - or for that matter that he most likely knows better than I do (although I do work in IT industry). 

Just that I don't immediately understand the potential for it to impact significantly on bandwidth.

Edited by Pompey1978

2 minutes ago, Dirkjan said:

But Still, Gaffer Miles said it won't be available for download "during working-hours" because of this. No hope here for a daytime-release.

yea, but then they cant be sure for 100%, maybe they did some work so they can release it during work-housr, we will see, just hope its day today xd

1 minute ago, Aljeks said:

yea, but then they cant be sure for 100%, maybe they did some work so they can release it during work-housr, we will see, just hope its day today xd

+ we have kinda agreed every morning to forget that statement so as to keep the hype up, and then miraculously remember it around 4-5pm 

Just now, JUSTRELEASETHEBETAAAAAH said:

+ we have kinda agreed every morning to forget that statement so as to keep the hype up, and then miraculously rememBEr iT Around 4-5pm 

You know don't you! I've cracked your hidden code

If we're going to speculate about steamdb stuff then I think this is the most promising sign:

During the last few days, updates to the steam app have been made from 07:41 UTC all the way up to 02:30 UTC. That seem to have been the work hours during this crunch period.
Yet, yesterday, the final update was on 19:18:37 UTC and there has been no update so far. 

Could easily be the case that the final beta candidate was pushed yesterday, left up for some stability testing over night and is now ready to release. 🤔

29 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

OG page 1 poster as well, might possibly be my biggest ever claim to fame/achievement in life.

I didn't write until page 2... am I an OG as well?

Pretty Please GIFs | Tenor

8 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Eff me, get over yourself man.

Ok, it seems some ads have made their way into the wild prematurely, but SI have always said that beta release is around 2 weeks prior to launch.

I understand the many pages for your to read - but person was only complaining for the adverts - not the beta release.!

Get over yourself!

Just now, Christmas said:

I understand the many pages for your to read - but person was only complaining for the adverts - not the beta release.!

Get over yourself!

The guy was suggesting legal action, which is frankly ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, danmcconnell1 said:

There's an ad on my Instagram feed saying it's available... but still no Twitter confirmation.

FM.thumb.png.53c0a117d6c88d597da091961a66d891.png

Thank heavens you posted this, it's not been mentioned on the thread at all.

19 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. From a UK perspective, where we have a lockdown in place, when you think about the amount of streaming, Zooming and gaming that's going on, not to mention release of new AC game today which will be a significantly larger download, I can't see FM downloads being more than a drop in the ocean of the available/used bandwidth.

With the other weird decisions that the government have made recently, nothing would surprise me. 

Just now, Karnack said:

I remember when this thread was only joy, hope and excitement. How far it has fallen. 

It still is. You must be on another beta thread on another FM site and got them both confused

2 minutes ago, danmcconnell1 said:

Apologies for not having time to read all 126 pages :thup:

We're glad you've seen the error of your ways. Now get back to reading them, there will be a test in the future, so prepare well.

strict-teacher