FM24 - PC/Laptop advice thread *** PLEASE READ OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING ***

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, HuwL said:

So then, if one has around £500 - £600, is there anything out there that could run this decently?  My laptop is literally just used for FM and internet but is knocking on a bit now.

After the exact same advice but would extend the budget to £800 to avoid it becoming obsolete in the near future. 

28 minutes ago, HuwL said:

So then, if one has around £500 - £600, is there anything out there that could run this decently?  My laptop is literally just used for FM and internet but is knocking on a bit now.

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/msi-cyborg-15-15.6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-rtx-2050-512-gb-ssd-10253504.html

Meets the minimum, but not the recommended in terms of graphics card, so it'll run the game but you'll probably need to use lower graphics settings.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5500U  2.10 GHz

Ram: 16 GB

Graphics: RTX 3050 (laptop)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  ?

57 minutes ago, Mr. Bob said:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5500U  2.10 GHz

Ram: 16 GB

Graphics: RTX 3050 (laptop)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  ?

You are fine.

50 minutes ago, Chem1cal said:

Hello, i wanna buy a laptop to play fm 25 can you help me? My budget is 800€ and it's only for fm and basic stuff. 

You've mentioned Euro as the currency, but not where you are so can you provide examples of stores you'd buy from wherever you are please, and I can look at what's available. 

19 minutos atrás, kevhamster disse:

You've mentioned Euro as the currency, but not where you are so can you provide examples of stores you'd buy from wherever you are please, and I can look at what's available. 

Sorry mate. I'm from Portugal. Worten, Fnac, MediaMarkt, RadioPopular

48 minutes ago, Chem1cal said:

Sorry mate. I'm from Portugal. Worten, Fnac, MediaMarkt, RadioPopular

These are the same model, but is what I'd look at within your budget.  Choose whichever store is preferable for you:

https://www.fnac.pt/Computador-Portatil-Gaming-HP-Victus-15-FA0022NP-I5-12500-16GB-512GB-SSD-RTX-3050-Win11-Computador-Portatil-Computador-Portatil-Gaming/a11055252

https://mediamarkt.pt/products/portatil-gaming-hp-victus-15-fa0022np-15-6-core-i5-16gb-512gb-ssd-geforce-rtx-3050-4gb

1 minute ago, shaunwwfc said:

My new-ish Laptop is an integrated Intel Graphics (Arc I believe) albeit sporting a 13th Gen i9 Processor.

Is this now obsolete given the new recommended spec? :eek:

It should still be ok I think,  but expect to need to use lower graphics presets.

It'll be interesting to see how the game performs on integrated graphics and I will look to get this tested ASAP once the game is released.  Integrated GPUs are still mentioned in the minimum requirements, so I think any modern CPU with integrated GPUs should still be ok at lower settings.

Edited by kevhamster

13 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Good point.

@XaW can you remove that picture please?

Think I've hidden it and all quotes. Let me know if I've missed any.

Just a quick one

Am I right in thinking that the  Ultra 7 155H  is better than the  Core-i7-1360P ?  Am I reading the bench mark test right?

Context is there are two similar devices and the Core i7 is priced higher so just want to make sure Im not missing anything as Im looking for an Adobe/FM25 laptop. BOth 16gb ram, 16" screen and 512gb capacity

EDIT: The Corei7 has a Iris Xe Graphics v Ultra 7 has Intel Arc so yeah thats the difference I guess, the Arc is better though for gaming yes?

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/5198vs5677/Intel-i7-1360P-vs-Intel-Ultra-7-155H

Edited by scotty-corkcityfc

28 minutes ago, scotty-corkcityfc said:

Just a quick one

Am I right in thinking that the  Ultra 7 155H  is better than the  Core-i7-1360P ?  Am I reading the bench mark test right?

Context is there are two similar devices and the Core i7 is priced higher so just want to make sure Im not missing anything as Im looking for an Adobe/FM25 laptop. BOth 16gb ram, 16" screen and 512gb capacity

EDIT: The Corei7 has a Iris Xe Graphics v Ultra 7 has Intel Arc so yeah thats the difference I guess, the Arc is better though for gaming yes?

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/5198vs5677/Intel-i7-1360P-vs-Intel-Ultra-7-155H

You are reading that correctly. And yes, my understanding that the Arc iGPU is stronger than the Iris XE. 

AMD Ryzen 7  7703U with Radeon graphics 

AMD Graphics processor 0X15E7

ram16gb

is this any good for fm25 please

if not what do I upgrade to get to rec settings.    Thanks

4 minutes ago, toma said:

AMD Ryzen 7  7703U with Radeon graphics 

AMD Graphics processor 0X15E7

ram16gb

is this any good for fm25 please

if not what do I upgrade to get to rec settings.    Thanks

Should be ok for low graphics - getting to recommended would involve quite a significant cost (£800ish or more).