• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chengfeng Season 30/31 Review

Table - Squad - U23 Squad - U19 Squad - Transfers - Finances

Relegation.jpg.4e0d7186205beeeb1605808e57a5c09f.jpg

We wanted to survive, but in the end we were just not good enough to stay up. We scored just 24 Goals all season and when I tried to play more offensive we conceded too many. In the end the squad was just not good enough and in the last two seasons there was a bit of luck as well. We were still relying on the 22 through 24 intakes. At least it seems like i can stay in charge.

Biggest problem could be, that alot of players have a relegation relsease clause in their contract and can leave, but at least that would give us money.

Funny enough we had some bad intakes, so no improvment and now when we go down, it is the year we had the best intake for years. Maybe also because we were able to upgrade the facilities again.

Intake.jpg.fc8c21afb1883ec7e8e400c8b2664506.jpg

I guess I will not extend some expensive contracts and just throw the young guys in, since some of them seem decent. The best are

1219536546_HuHong(31B).jpg.f447dd8ce8b0fe5446a63c98e30d8dde.jpg

844367643_ZhangHailong(31E).jpg.b2e523706370511143f021cc274ad405.jpg

Great Personalities as well. From the 30 intake it was Luo Jie (30A) who made a jump this year and might it even make possible to sell Hen Sen. He also extended his contract right before we got relegated.

1556615377_LuoJie(30A).jpg.4da41eab82023336e8f2ec6003cf8760.jpg

Next Season

Develop the younger players with playing time, but will be interesting to see if the board wants straight promotion again. We still have a pretty devent team, especially for the Jia League. Also possible that we dominate.

Overview.jpg.315bf6025f8779eb49c42255f76160f7.jpg

Two long time players will leave us, as they dont want to extend their contract. Ren Qisheng (22C) (276 Games/60 Goals/48 Assists) and Dong Tinghan (22F) (244 Games/61 Goals/12 Assists):applause:

On 03/03/2021 at 18:06, vikeologist said:

@AlwaysNalah Quick answer. Fine players for poor performances. (Not me who discovered this)

6.5 warning

6.3-4 1 day fine

6.2 or below 1 week fine.

It won't take you long to see why I'm telling you to do this.

Thank me , (or rather the instigator) later.

Also, don't get too hung up on determination. Things like professionalism and (cough) work rate might be more important.

Now, go hence, and be a total and utter b******.

This helps!

Otherwise I think mentoring groups are the best way for personalities

JS Hercules 2023 Season Review. Survived!

Ps4WqCl.jpg

Table | Pos. Graph | Fixtures prt1 Fixtures prt 2 | Transfers | Finances

On the Field

Suomen Cup: The season opener once again went well for us. we topped our group with 4 wins and 1 draw, to secure a place in the KO places. I'm starting to realize that I'm maybe the only one who takes that group stage seriously. This is the third season we did well in the group and also the third where in the regular season those same teams play much harder and better.

anyway. We were in the second round and got drawn against a third division side. I was allready planning a deep run, but alas. We embarrassed ourselves and we went out via penalties.

Veikkausliiga: We survived!  we started really well. Good enough that the board offered to up the season expectations. I'm glad that I didn't. We played worse with the game and slid down toward the lower regions of the table. We were never in danger though to go down.

I'm confident that next season we can at least replicate this placement, if not improve on it.

Off the field

The finances are in shambles. Despite it being categorized as 'Okay'. No cup run can save this. Not even an europe run (a realistic one that is) can. Luckily the board is still willing to spend. They agreed at the beginning of the season to improve to youth facilities, as well as invest in better junior coaching and recruitment.

Personal

I reached 100 games in management. As well as got my continental B lincense. The A is being studied now. 

My reputation is steadily increasing. I got my first job interview from outside Finland. FC Groningen was interested. I, off course, declined and signed a new long term deal with Herkku.

Performances

Topscorer: Taneli Kohonen The Winger got 9 as my striker, Welling, had a horrendous season. We struggled overall with goals the entire season.

Best player: Jesse Kilpeläinen7.1 rating for the season. He was my best player for the second season in a row. He led the defense well and made sure that we always were competitive. We lost quite a few matches but were never outclassed.

Youth Intake

qA3q39j.jpg

Very happy with this. Definitely 3 that could slot in a rotation role immediately. Not too thrilled about the personalities but what can you do.

qlV2aer.png

43 minutes ago, Morpheus13 said:

This helps!

Otherwise I think mentoring groups are the best way for personalities

This really helped me too. I've got a +7 in work rate and/or determination in some cases in 2 seasons. Take Victor in my update above, his determination went up 2 and his work rate went up at least 7 and fining him definitely helped move that along.

50 minutes ago, Cardiovascular said:

Does anyone want to give me a crash course on how you get determination up and/or personalities changed? 

Also, according to a recent video by Zealand, a high rating in determination isn't always the be all and end all, anything in the 10+ range produced similar growth and progression to a much higher attribute rating over the course of their careers. Professionalism is much more important.

Edited by Brentmeister

25 minutes ago, Brentmeister said:

This really helped me too. I've got a +7 in work rate and/or determination in some cases in 2 seasons. Take Victor in my update above, his determination went up 2 and his work rate went up at least 7 and fining him definitely helped move that along.

Also, according to a recent video by Zealand, a high rating in determination isn't always the be all and end all, anything in the 10+ range produced similar growth and progression to a much higher attribute rating over the course of their careers. Professionalism is much more important.

I have swapped my Model Pro HoYD for a Model Citizen one.

2 reasons. Firstly because I could! Did you not read the words Model Citizen, but secondly my Model pro had a low determination, and this did seem to be largely reflected in my intakes.

Yes, i can get determination up, and yes (perhaps) determination isn't all that important, but I'll quite happily take a small decrease in professionalism from my intakes for all the other benefits of a Model Citizen. (The downside being that the Model Citizen probably doesn't have 20 for Pro).

My position is that your HoYD should have a good (as in very, very good as above) personality. 

I'm not overstressing the impact of HoYDs. I know that they only influence some of the players. I know that having somebody who could coach or with excellent Judging attributes may be useful. (Their attributes in these areas are both putrid).

But I think you do need good personalities coming into your team

34 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

I have swapped my Model Pro HoYD for a Model Citizen one.

2 reasons. Firstly because I could! Did you not read the words Model Citizen, but secondly my Model pro had a low determination, and this did seem to be largely reflected in my intakes.

Yes, i can get determination up, and yes (perhaps) determination isn't all that important, but I'll quite happily take a small decrease in professionalism from my intakes for all the other benefits of a Model Citizen. (The downside being that the Model Citizen probably doesn't have 20 for Pro).

My position is that your HoYD should have a good (as in very, very good as above) personality. 

I'm not overstressing the impact of HoYDs. I know that they only influence some of the players. I know that having somebody who could coach or with excellent Judging attributes may be useful. (Their attributes in these areas are both putrid).

But I think you do need good personalities coming into your team

My last HOYD was Model Citizen and produced the last bunch of players and we know what happened

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

So the update are out and I'm back here. Going to have a go in Spain, for what I think is the first time I've managed there. I selected a club called S.D. Beasain K.E, from the town Beasain. The town is not far away from San Sebastian up in the northern Spain. Why did I pick it? Because Basque, that's why! :D

Wish me luck! I have 13 players, so I need some to survive!

4KSJFMb.png

Basque-only mode? That would be extremely hardcore :D

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

So the update are out and I'm back here. Going to have a go in Spain, for what I think is the first time I've managed there. I selected a club called S.D. Beasain K.E, from the town Beasain. The town is not far away from San Sebastian up in the northern Spain. Why did I pick it? Because Basque, that's why! :D

Wish me luck! I have 13 players, so I need some to survive!

4KSJFMb.png

Lovely , never heard of them and didn't notice them when i was looking in spain for a team . 

10 minutes ago, ANGL said:

Basque-only mode? That would be extremely hardcore :D

I think it's hard enough with youth only, so Basque-only would be a bit over the top I think! :D

8 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Lovely , never heard of them and didn't notice them when i was looking in spain for a team . 

Yeah, I looked through every team and found a few that had a lot of Basque players, but most of them were affiliated with Athletic, so I could never had gone into the top tier. That's a key point for Spain, I think, make sure they don't have any affiliates like this:

image.png.363d18362305d4d7f955806d89035897.png

Because I could have taken over this club and just been unable to promote to the tier the higher team is in, and these types are impossible to cancel as well!

49 minutes ago, XaW said:

I think it's hard enough with youth only, so Basque-only would be a bit over the top I think! :D

Yeah, I looked through every team and found a few that had a lot of Basque players, but most of them were affiliated with Athletic, so I could never had gone into the top tier. That's a key point for Spain, I think, make sure they don't have any affiliates like this:

image.png.363d18362305d4d7f955806d89035897.png

Because I could have taken over this club and just been unable to promote to the tier the higher team is in, and these types are impossible to cancel as well!

That's because in real life, Deportivo Aragón is Real Zaragoza B team, just called different for aesthetic reasons (like Sevilla Atlético to Sevilla FC). As they are two teams from the same club, being in the same division would mean that Real Zaragoza has two teams in the same division.

With the name change it is confusing, because there are another kind of affiliated clubs in Spain that work as a B teams but are totally different clubs, as they don't share club structure, board, etc. It is this kind:

spacer.png

If CD Vitoria and SD Eibar play in the same division there would be no problem, as in fact they are two different clubs who work under an affiliation at the present moment.

B Teams system in Spain is somewhat confusing... and also it is not correctly implemented in FM from a long time ago.

Just now, ANGL said:

That's because in real life, Deportivo Aragón is Real Zaragoza B team, just called different for aesthetic reasons (like Sevilla Atlético to Sevilla FC). As they are two teams from the same club, being in the same division would mean that Real Zaragoza has two teams in the same division.

With the name change it is confusing, because there are another kind of affiliated clubs in Spain that work as a B teams but are totally different clubs, as they don't share club structure, board, etc. It is this kind:

spacer.png

If CD Vitoria and SD Eibar play in the same division there would be no problem, as in fact they are two different clubs who work under an affiliation at the present moment.

B Teams system in Spain is somewhat confusing... and also it is not correctly implemented in FM from a long time ago.

Yeah, I know they are the B-team, but since their name doesn't indicate it for us who are not that knowledgeable of the lower leagues in Spain, it can be a trap, so I thought I'd mention it to avoid anyone putting in season after season and then being stopped before the final promotion. :)

29 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I have tried to resume my Dutch save but lack enthusiasm.  Relegation tends to kick the wotsit out of me.

I will take a gander at some new leagues tomorrow.  Maybe Andorra, or Malta.  Maybe Faroes.  Luxembourg.  I will have a look.

Andorra is fast with Spanish, Portugese, French regens . But u play against the same teams over and over.. i was only able to continue four seasons, Xaw did a lot more :)

On 13/03/2021 at 23:23, vikeologist said:

People tend to think that the groups should be quite small, maybe 4 players, but it depends how many good personality players you have. If you only have 1 professional highly influential player, you might has well try to have him mentoring more than 3 players.

You can't do everything with a mentoring group, so you have to decide what your priority is. Just don;t use it to get determination up. That's what player fines are for. 

The problem is that the only player that is getting good playing time and that has a decent personality (fairly professional) is a defender that came through during the first season and he isnt influential enough to tutor anyone yet, the rest are balanced with 13 determination at most. And those are the players I am currently mentoring my youth players that mostly have unambitious, casual, or low determination personalities and lower than 8 determination. Should I continue doing this in that case?

I always thought tutoring improved both determination and personalities? So are you telling me that fining u18s players for bad performances in my youth team helps them get their determination up?

Also, how low does a players training rating have to be before I should fine them? I usually fine them if its lower than 6.00.

Edited by Deicide

10 hours ago, Deicide said:

The problem is that the only player that is getting good playing time and that has a decent personality (fairly professional) is a defender that came through during the first season and he isnt influential enough to tutor anyone yet, the rest are balanced with 13 determination at most. And those are the players I am currently mentoring my youth players that mostly have unambitious, casual, or low determination personalities and lower than 8 determination. Should I continue doing this in that case?

I always thought tutoring improved both determination and personalities? So are you telling me that fining u18s players for bad performances in my youth team helps them get their determination up?

Also, how low does a players training rating have to be before I should fine them? I usually fine them if its lower than 6.00.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER. NOT MY FINDINGS.

6.5 warning

6.3-4 1 day fine

6.2 or below 1 week fine.

Senior and U18 matches, even friendlies. 

Does fining players have any negative effects? I don't know. None immediately apparent.

As for personalities, the Unambitious guy(s) might be useful. Keep the Casual guys away from anybody they might influence, and the low determination won't be low determination for long.

Mentoring does influence determination, but not nearly as fast as fining.

The balanced personalities are useless. There is reason to consider them negatively, not neutrally.

Play the long game. It's going to take a few years to install professionalism. Your F Pro will be influential enough to influence the intakes when they come in. Work on your players with the most potential, and send the F Pro guy on a leadership course if you can.

What's the phrase, you can't make a silk purse out of pigs' ears? Wait patiently to get some silk.

In the meantime,it doesn't sound as though most of your mentoring will be much use. Just focus on the couple of players who can be useful, and a couple of high potential players who need it.

Edited by vikeologist

SD Beasain - Wikipedia 

S.D. Beasain - Season 2021/22 Review

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

The first season in this challenge is always a tough one, but this actually went quite smooth, comparable to what could have been, at least. We finished in a very decent 11th place, and we only had a quick stint hovering just above the relegation zone, but with only 13 players, we struggled when injuries happened. So I had to use a grey goalkeeper at one match, since my only goalkeeper was out injured, but other than that no greys for me! The intake only came a few matches before the end of the season, so they didn't have much of an impact on this season, but I expect they will feature a lot in the next.

We didn't play in any cups this season, so no cup update.

Youth

The club start with a decent setup, but it's always a surprise how the first intake is. The preview looked promising at the very least.

p7BJPYq.png

The intake was surprisingly good for a few players, and a bit meh for the rest.

CfNxRIc.png

Jon Sanzol 22a is the clear standout. Great pace and some good attribute distribution makes him a sure thing in my squad.

X49A623.png

Julen Vélez 22i is also a very promising deep playmaker, and that was missing in the squad.

Q3jK6Bh.png

Statistics:

Spoiler

Everyonce Basque in the glory! Also Spain and France, naturally.

Nl0GUOl.png

hKmRQFi.png

Records beaten

Goals in all competitions: Íñigo Ribeiro - 13
League goals: Íñigo Ribeiro - 13
Most goals in a game: Xabier Imaz - 2
Most goals in a league game: Xabier Imaz - 2
Most assists: Francisco Javier Prieto - 9
Most clean sheets: Ibon Hernández - 9
Most Player of the Match awards: Íñigo Ribeiro - 4
Worst discipline: Iñaki Gurrutxaga - 12 yellow, 0 red
Most league apps total: Jurgi Jiménez - 34 apps
Most league goals total: Íñigo Ribeiro - 13
Youngest player: Julen Vélez 22i - 15 years, 125 days
Oldest player: Eduardo Rodríguez - 27 years, 121 days
Fastest goal - Xabier Imaz - 2 minutes, 17 seconds
Youngest goalscorer: Mikel Martínez 22n - 15 years, 292 days
Oldest goalscorer: Íñigo Ribeiro - 27 years, 27 days

mD7YZSs.png

13 minutes ago, XaW said:

SD Beasain - Wikipedia 

S.D. Beasain - Season 2021/22 Review

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

The first season in this challenge is always a tough one, but this actually went quite smooth, comparable to what could have been, at least. We finished in a very decent 11th place, and we only had a quick stint hovering just above the relegation zone, but with only 13 players, we struggled when injuries happened. So I had to use a grey goalkeeper at one match, since my only goalkeeper was out injured, but other than that no greys for me! The intake only came a few matches before the end of the season, so they didn't have much of an impact on this season, but I expect they will feature a lot in the next.

We didn't play in any cups this season, so no cup update.

Youth

The club start with a decent setup, but it's always a surprise how the first intake is. The preview looked promising at the very least.

p7BJPYq.png

The intake was surprisingly good for a few players, and a bit meh for the rest.

CfNxRIc.png

Jon Sanzol 22a is the clear standout. Great pace and some good attribute distribution makes him a sure thing in my squad.

X49A623.png

Julen Vélez 22i is also a very promising deep playmaker, and that was missing in the squad.

Q3jK6Bh.png

Statistics:

Reveal hidden contents

Everyonce Basque in the glory! Also Spain and France, naturally.

Nl0GUOl.png

hKmRQFi.png

Records beaten

Goals in all competitions: Íñigo Ribeiro - 13
League goals: Íñigo Ribeiro - 13
Most goals in a game: Xabier Imaz - 2
Most goals in a league game: Xabier Imaz - 2
Most assists: Francisco Javier Prieto - 9
Most clean sheets: Ibon Hernández - 9
Most Player of the Match awards: Íñigo Ribeiro - 4
Worst discipline: Iñaki Gurrutxaga - 12 yellow, 0 red
Most league apps total: Jurgi Jiménez - 34 apps
Most league goals total: Íñigo Ribeiro - 13
Youngest player: Julen Vélez 22i - 15 years, 125 days
Oldest player: Eduardo Rodríguez - 27 years, 121 days
Fastest goal - Xabier Imaz - 2 minutes, 17 seconds
Youngest goalscorer: Mikel Martínez 22n - 15 years, 292 days
Oldest goalscorer: Íñigo Ribeiro - 27 years, 27 days

mD7YZSs.png

I hope, you got a high release clause.

Bilbao will be knocking in couple months.

Just now, Cheez3y said:

I hope, you got a high release clause.

Bilbao will be knocking in couple months.

He only wanted a youth contract... :ackter:

1 minute ago, Cheez3y said:

Now he is saved to atleast one year. :thup:

Whats his clause?

Didn't have to give one... I guess I don't need to in the lower leagues?

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Didn't have to give one... I guess I don't need to in the lower leagues?

Hmm.

Are you still semi pro?

Normally in Spain it is mandatory to have a release clause.

Edited by Cheez3y

4 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Hmm.

Are you still semi pro?

Normally in Spain it is mandatory.

Yeah, I am semi-pro. I also thought it was mandatory. I'm using the vanilla database (21.4) so I guess it's like that down here in the pits.

Edit: Looking around it seems the professional teams have it for all their players, but the semi-pro don't... This is a random player from another non-pro team:

image.thumb.png.54b00474e991dcd2a178d99b54899751.png

Edited by XaW

Farnborough January 1, 2032 Update

395678844_August-October2031Fixtures.png.096f53141d6b35c320c3dc0d1d9e53b5.png

1298209242_November-December2031Fixtures.png.06375b36d9d5c6f0b25c968e567fd937.png

1185945438_January12032LeagueTable.png.92048a9bfe8e9d22bf0ea8bbf1b63212.png

I've kept the same shape that we used in the Vanarama National League but we made a couple of tweaks.  We lowered the tempo, shortened the passing and switched from "be more expressive" to "be more disciplined."  Combined with training everyday, we are starting to play a much better brand of football and one that I enjoy watching.  We are firmly in the middle of the table and if we can keep the majority of our good players for the reminder of the season, we could make a push for the playoffs but, privately, I will be happy with mid-table.

439903630_January12032xGGeneralPerformance.png.05cbb539b0e5e49421e259a3e3b56587.png

Our defense is vastly improved.  We are underperforming when it comes to xG Against per game and what we allow per game so hopefully we see some balancing out there.  We, as usual, are overperforming our xG and actual goals scored.  I'm certain it has to do with taking so few shots since you can't create xG without shooting the ball.  But our passing and tackling are vastly improved over last season.

820345999_2032YouthIntakePreview.png.dc6ed755189c7a7e4ed729de54dca9e2.png

We've got a golden generation incoming and it includes a center back!  We desperately need one of those and the forward will probably be the Stephen Lynch 30D replacement since he won't sign a new contract, even though it expires in '34, and the Championship clubs are circling for his services.

1976097381_January12032AcademyAppearances-Goals.png.fbe7609bc00c6131e7fac30424f5706b.png

Joe Baitup 23D continues to rack up the appearances because he's our best option at left back.  Stephen Lynch 30D is now tied with Jamie Loft 26F as the academy's leading goal scorer.  Neil Neville 27G has six goals this season and has moved into the 10 slot on the goal scoring charts.

1030239809_January12032U20-U21InternationalAppearances-Goals.png.6c24fe3477d6f6ebf9d9f6cf8ef35981.png

Lynch 30D made his debut for the Ireland U21s in October and did not disappoint with seven goals in his two appearances.

1839304102_January12032SeniorInternationalAppearances-Goals.png.29716b6788ec687ddcf434709d75cb16.png

SSFC-new-badge-237x300.jpg.4bda11faa84df40391f88a05a1a043f3.jpg

South Shields Season 2034/35 Review - Championship

LeagueA good season in the end, started by trying to change our playing style and honestly I overthought it and tried to do far too much and as a result we struggled for goals but looked solid at the back, trouble was by Jan we were 15th so I went back to basics, changed a few player roles and team instructions of my main tactic and that seemed to work wonders as we only lost 5 games in the 2nd half of the season and 3 of those came in the final 5 games as injuries killed us. We stumbled into the playoffs with 5 of our starting 11 missing from the run in (and several back ups as well meaning we were playing a few out of position) and confidence was low. In the playoffs we played a Millwall side we were 1 and 1 against in the league. In the home leg we just didn't turn up and were 3-0 down by HT. We lost 4-0 in the end. 2nd leg we had a few players back and managed a 2-1 win but obviously not enough.

League CupAwful in this as I was still trying to sort our team out at the start of the season

FA Cupbad in this as well, no excuses here, were just rubbish on the day. 2 late goals for us made the score look better

TransfersNo big sales this year, lots of loans as per usual

Squadgetting there now, starting 11 (bar left back) is pretty decent for this level, no real depth really though

Financesthe lack of a sale and also paying for a new ground is costing us money, promotion would have been ideal

Youth Intakenot bad, but not great. Have made the call this will be my last intake with the HOYD I've had since season 1, time for a change

Aksel Collett 35A - I like this guy, could be a decent mezzala for us
Kevin Bradley 35B -  young attacker, no real stand outs attributes so can mould him

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Youth Recruitment	Youth Coaching		Notes & Achievements 

2021/22		VNLN		5th 		Adequate		Adequate		First coaching badge
2022/23		VNLN		2nd 		Adequate		Good			Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy runners up
2023/24		VNL		16th 		Average			Excellent 		2nd coaching badge
2024/25		VNL		12th 		Average			Excellent		3rd coaching badge
2025/26		VNL		6th 		Average			Excellent		Promotion via playoffs
2026/27		League Two	1st 		Good			Exceptional		Promotion as champions
2027/28		League One	11th 		Good			Exceptional
2028/29		League One	14th 		Good			Exceptional
2029/30		League One	7th 		Good			Exceptional
2030/31		League One	1st 		Good 			Exceptional		Promoted as champions. Completed all coaching badges
2031/32		Championship	18th 		Excellent		Exceptional
2032/33		Championship	8th 		Excellent		Exceptional
2033/34		Championship	7th 		Excellent		Exceptional		Training ground upgrade, Academy up level 3, new ground announced
2034/35		Championship	6th 		Excellent		Exceptional		Lost in playoff semi finals

I could have gotten so much more and delayed the transfer until the end of the season.  Thanks Andy for selling our best ever player who scored nearly a goal per game for peanuts!

1027806434_Lynch30Dtransfer.png.714bb15da27652a67f82df7dcf71b659.png

1598828733_DerbyStephenLynch30D.thumb.png.1b6335937aa94e93c92a965c41217713.png

Edited by keeper#1