The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

27 minutes ago, JLAB said:

It's the reason why I have autosaves for once a week.

Yeah, I've learned the hard way before! I think every 14 days work fine. Rarely lose more than a game or two then. The saving is so much quicker than FM20 as well, so no hassle at all!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Follo FK - Wikipedia

Follo FK - Season 2027 Review

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

A much better season than the last, and we got promoted as champions! We won the first 5 league games and kept fighting at the top throughout the season. It was a hard fought battle, but in the end we beat out the others and could claim the trophy. Now I just hope we can show a better version of ourselves next season, than we did the last time we were up in the top tier.

In Norgesmesterskapet we beat KFUM Oslo, Lyn, Kolbotn, Øygarden and Fredrikstad before losing to Vålerenga in the semi final.

Youth

The previews just keeps getting worse.

M1zo2RD.png

The intakes do keep being quite good though, and this was also very good.

aCMqHyq.png

Erik Jensen 27e is a very promising player, and a good all-around midfielder talent.

niqPmHi.png

2nd team:

They only played friendlies this season.

U19s:

They finished 13th in the National U19 Championship and got relegated to the regional ones, unfortunately.

In the Norwegian U19 Cup they beat Vard Haugesund before losing to Lyn in the 2nd round.

Statistics:

Spoiler

The only new country was Bulgaria.

jQNRYks.png

luMjpSh.png

Record Breakers:

Most player of the match awards: Ernest Rzepecki - 9
Most league apps overall: Kristian Seteklev - 244
Most league goals overall: Kristian Seteklev - 170
Oldest goalscorer: Islam Darlishta - 30 years, 117 days

Trophy cabinet:

OBOS-Ligaen 1 - (2027)
PostNord-ligaen Avdeling 2 - 1 (2022)

Norwegian U19 Championship Oslo (U19s) - 2 (2022, 2024)

5arBqQF.png

I think I'm starting to get bored of my Siena save after 21 seasons. So I can see myself trying out a new team for the challenge soon.

CD_Marchamalo.png

Marchamalo - End of Season - June 2025

(Only one season left of rapid updates before I catch up to where my save file is at the moment)

This was a weird season. Finished in 13th, eight points clear of the drop, but had a less consistent string of performances. I continued to give the youth a run in the first team at the expense of veterans who are slowly being released.

Spoiler

VpU9v0.jpg

The amount of academy products making double digit appearances increased from nine to fourteen, with ten of those starting over half the league matches.

Spoiler

xlYyT8.jpg

Slashing the payroll allowed us to recover some of our losses, but I can't see the club turning a profit, especially when the youth will require professional contracts eventually.

Spoiler

kpDwhU.jpg

Key starters this year include ST (C) Carlos Alberto (24a), AM (C) Abdoulaye Bagayoko (24b), AM (L) Abel Limón (24c), and D (C) José Javier Martín (22d). Hot prospects who will be given more first team appearances next year include M (C) José Ángel Arribas (25e) and D (R) Julen Albiol (24d).

cE2axN.jpg

Marchamalo - Youth Intake - April 2026

CD_Marchamalo.png

Unfortunately, this is our second underwhelming intake in a row. Usually with these types of saves, there are plenty of 5 start PA prospects at the lower levels, but not all of them develop fully. This time, we've had a couple of poor intakes to the point where my HOYD has one more year before his contract will be revisited.

Spoiler

N0QrO2.jpg

Spoiler

qsQzIy.jpg

Alberto Balaguer (26b) is the prospect to highlight if I had to choose one. Above average acceleration and crossing gives him the best shot to succeed, even if he is wrong footed for a winger.

12 hours ago, XaW said:

My computer just crashed, but I only lost about a week of in-game time. Autosaves every 14 days is gold!

I do 7 days.

But Im always scared fro crash, so I always save before and after games. :D

10 hours ago, JLAB said:

I think I'm starting to get bored of my Siena save after 21 seasons. So I can see myself trying out a new team for the challenge soon.

Maybe just put it on hold and start a new one.

So you can get fresh ideas and maybe can turn things around.

Edited by Cheez3y

Ashton_United_FC_logo.png

Ashton United - Recap - January 2034

A relatively (very) late first update. Here's all I can gather ATM:

Club info:

42288996001fcb9265ecffee434a34d4.png

My manager profile:

118e345dffcc3995c4e15476644854c7.png

Manager history:

5870fb060ab0397e34cdf547fb39ce74.png

Club facilities:

adf090aefc7cb12aa0f252cd6b63f42e.png

Club History:

76cf675edbe83fc2c761b23d45689d7f.png

19 minutes ago, Proffa said:

XaW, you play through the seasons so fast, are you using instant result only? :)

EDIT: Just realized that the season is quite short in Norway.

No, I'm using commentary only and just whoosing through the season. Only 30 league games and a single cup (that I rarely go far in), so only just over 30 matches a season will do that. I've been thinking about trying IR, since I'm not overly worried about individual matches, but currently I like the control I get from making subs and such.

But, yes, I do play fast, and since both the wife and me are gamers, we spend a lot of our spare time gaming! The Corona pandemic haven't impacted us much, other than give us more spare time to use! :D

manchesterfc.png

Youth Intake 2022

First intake, could have been worse. As I am lacking players everywhere on the pitch due to injuries and fatigue, every additional option for the future is welcome. Believe it or not, Dale Lake 22b is instantly my second-best right defender ;) (third best without injured player)

Screen-Shot-2021-05-03-17-08-29.57.png

Screen-Shot-2021-05-04-13-06-57.79.png

Screen-Shot-2021-05-04-13-08-24.33.png

Screen-Shot-2021-05-04-13-08-42.27.png

17 hours ago, Cheez3y said:

After losing 2 more players in the summer, we are down to 7 original players.

Thats combined with 15/16/17 y/o players...

https://i.gyazo.com/31c304abb01a0a639aa9799a55a09f6b.png

This might end sooner then later...

Quick update on that.

2 major injuries later...its looks we are goin down, which means the save is dead...

On 01/05/2021 at 22:26, Tilling said:

Funnily enough, it inspired me to do a Sicilian-only save with Palermo which is easily the most fun I've ever had in a single FM save; won the Serie A on H2H difference in the 10th year using almost all youth academty players, easily my biggest ever FM achievement :)

And it was one of my inspirations to do a Ile De france only with Paris FC :) i was about to do one again with a team on Creta or Ibiza but i went to Gilbratar to do a GIB only.

Dorchester_Town.png

Dorchester Town - Season 26/27

Transfers - League Table

First season in the Championship. Media prediction was 24th. After first half of the season we were 5th. It was easy to predict that Blackburn would win the league but otherwise it was very even among the next five teams. In January we won four matches in a row and played well towards the end of season. At the end of March we were 2nd place (automatic promotion) with only six games left but then couldn't win anymore and finished 5th. In the playoffs we lost 3-2 to Crystal Palace. Another play-off defeat during this save feels bad but to be fair we weren't really ready for Premier Division yet.

Lost in FA Cup quarter final against Liverpool, 1-3.

Intake preview said golden generation. Actual intake was good: I signed Compan, Penfold, Pring, Tuominen and 2 other players, released rest.

Upgraded facilities twice. Since all matches were sellouts, board has plans to build a new stadium.

I'm hoping to keep my players and aim for a playoff spot next season.

Season   Div       Pos      Most l.goals            Most l.assists            TF          YF           JC          YR          Av.Att    Finances        
21/22      VNLS    1st        Emile Ngoy (45)       Daniel Delve (21)       Avg        Basic      Adeq+   Adeq+   468         123 000

22/23      VNL      1st        Emile Ngoy (45)       Daniel Delve (19)       Avg        Basic      Adeq     Adeq      663         20 000

23/24      L2         1st        Emile Ngoy (22)       Jon Scorey (11)           Avg        B.Avg+   Good+  Avg+       1194       342 000

24/25      L1         4th       Max Geddes (20)     Charles Amuzu (11)   Good+  Adeq+    Excel+   Excel+    2344       7 000 000        

25/26      L1         1st        Max Geddes (21)     Jamie Wotton (15)     Excel++ Good++ Excep+  Excep+  2676       5 400 000

26/27      CH        5th       Max Geddes (27)     Toby Snodin (15)      SotA++  Excel++  Excep    Excep    4998       13 200 000

27/28      CH        ???

CD_Marchamalo.png

Marchamalo - End of Season - June 2026

Starting to see real signs of improvement. Some of the youth players have grown into players actually suited for this league. Only issue is that our stars refuse to sign new deals. Coupled with the lack of talent in the past two intakes, our window of opportunity is narrowing to win promotion and hopefully convince those players to stay. An inconsistent season in all, but we were able to compete in every match. Historically there were certain ties where we got played out of the stadium, but we had more chances this time around.

Spoiler

mvFqCX.jpg

Only two original players remain at the club, with only one of those (our GK) regularly appearing in matches.

Spoiler

RYFqA1.jpg

Finances have stabilize somewhat, but the payroll is still lower than it will be in a couple seasons. Our only way to make a profit is by earning successive promotions or paying for a board takeover.

Spoiler

n1cfbO.jpg

One interesting note is Jose Angel (22i). Rated as the 9th highest PA player in the first intake, I eventually sent him out on loan for the last two seasons since he had no chance of making the first team. Looking at his progress bar, he improved from a 1.5 star CA player to a 4.5 star in about 1.5 years. Unfortunately, he refuses to sign a new deal, so it seems like we will lose him on a free.

Important first team players this season include Julian Haro (23b)Jose Javier Martin (22d)Carlos Alberto (24a), and Abel Limon (24c).

UM8OHq.jpg

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

Unió Esportiva Extremenya

UE Extremenya - Wikipedia

Season Summary

Another decent season though again, we finished the season so poorly when in a strong position.

Season Details

Europa Conference League - We went out in the first qualifying round, to Hungarians Budapest Honvéd, though we gave a good account of ourselves.

League Table - Another third place finish is good enough as we once again qualify for Europe.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - An excellent first half of the season was once again followed by a very poor finish.

Copa Constitució - Very disappointing as we went out at the first time of asking, losing at home to second tier side Inter d'Escaldes in the eighth final.

Pre Season Friendlies - Two losses this year in our twelve games.

Squad - We lack the same depth that we did last season.

Squad Dynamics - Very good, as usual.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - None.  We are still being denied a youth academy.

Finances - We made a healthy profit this year though the board are still not allowing a youth academy to be set up.

Key Players

Elie Baud - It is vital we keep hold of the Frenchman.  He is our best player by a country mile.

António Silva - Not as prolific as in previous seasons, though still a good year.

Daniel Carmona - The central midfielder played ok, though is capable of so much more.

Ismael Rodríguez - The best goal scoring season yet from the striker.

Carlos Cuenca - Another consistent campaign from the goalkeeper.

Next Season

Another third place finish would be ideal.

Personal Coaching Data

Season    Reputation           Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start  Minimal   (0.25*)    None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22   Minimal = (0.50*) ↑  None =               4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑
2022/23   Minimal = (1.00*) ↑  National A ↑↑↑       7 ↑   7 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑  16 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor              Adequate              None             None               Local   (0.50*)
2021/22    Poor =               Poor =            Adequate =            None =           None =             Local = (0.50*) =
2022/23    Poor =               Poor =            Adequate =            None =           None =             Local = (0.50*) =
2023/24    Poor =               Poor =            Adequate =            None =           None =             Local = (0.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      23        17        3        3          58              23                 +35              73.91%
2022/23      30        14        5       11          59              47                 +12              46.66% ↓
2023/24      30        15        5       10          58              42                 +16              50.00% ↑

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          23        17        3        3          58              23                 +35              73.91%             322 days
2022/23          53        31        8       14         117              70                 +47              58.49% ↓           693 days
2023/24          83        46       13       24         175             112                 +63              55.42% ↓         1,065 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2021/22    Lliga Biosphere

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Lliga Biosphere (2021/22)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Copa Constitució                    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Lliga Biosphere                       1st              N/a                          Promoted as champions.
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Lliga Multisegur Assegurances         3rd ↑     Semi final ↑                        Qualified for the Europa Conference League.
2023/24           N/a               N/a         First qualifying round               Lliga Multisegur Assegurances         3rd =     Eighth final ↓                      Qualified for the Europa Conference League.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                         Cumulative Number of Appearances
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                         0
2022/23    No one                                         0
2023/24    No one                                         0

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                 0
2022/23    No one                                 0
2023/24    No one                                 0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                  0
2022/23    No one                                  0
2023/24    No one                                  0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                     0
2022/23    No one                                     0
2023/24    No one                                     0

1375411594_Rapperswil-JonasDealWithGrasshopperZrich.png.82a11c7b43b2619570ab157ec3ae8e2c.png

So I just noticed this affiliate link with Rapperswil-Jona and Grasshopper Zürich, which is a little annoying. Every other link that Rapperswil has with other clubs says that their link will terminate if they play in the same division.

Makes me wonder will happens if Zürich gets relegated to the Challenge League, does that mean that Rapperswil get relegated as a result?

FC United of Manchester ; season 2043/44

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

League Table ; Squad ; Starting 11TransfersYouth Candidates

I made it to the semi finals of the Europa league in my first European campaign but was spanked on aggregate by the Glazer club.

Although I got a decent enough mid table finish in the league, there'll be no European football next season.

Meanwhile my best player Richard Roberts is now a verified wonderkid. Look at that international return!

5 hours ago, OlivierL said:

And it was one of my inspirations to do a Ile De france only with Paris FC :) i was about to do one again with a team on Creta or Ibiza but i went to Gilbratar to do a GIB only.

Hahaha of course, I remember that thread, it was terrific!! Diaby-Fadiga slamming them in; I've tried doing something similar with Red Star Paris this year but just couldn't find the spark for it - likewise I'm about five years into a save with Ibiza (players from the Balearic Isles) and the team is really well set up with a cracking youth academy, but I just can't sink my teeth into a save this year... no idea why, probably because I keep forcing these youth academy challenges rather than just playing and enjoying the game.

How is Gibraltar treating you? Got to admit I've never even considered managing in a country so low on the tier lists

40 minutes ago, Tilling said:

Hahaha of course, I remember that thread, it was terrific!! Diaby-Fadiga slamming them in; I've tried doing something similar with Red Star Paris this year but just couldn't find the spark for it - likewise I'm about five years into a save with Ibiza (players from the Balearic Isles) and the team is really well set up with a cracking youth academy, but I just can't sink my teeth into a save this year... no idea why, probably because I keep forcing these youth academy challenges rather than just playing and enjoying the game.

How is Gibraltar treating you? Got to admit I've never even considered managing in a country so low on the tier lists

Thanks :) Did you post about Ibiza ? I love to do the same but i don't like Spain anymore (otherwise i would do a Basque or Barcelona lower league team) , strange format , big competition.

Gibraltar is going very good, i'm in my third season .. I'm only allowed to sign my own Youth academy players OR steal players born in Gibraltar from other teams (not many available ). Got lucky to get into europa league group fase in my first season .. so i'm rich :) I have a lot of difficult aims (best of Gibraltar = need to become champions for 21 times or manage Gibraltar to a WC or EC). 

I'm posting about it in the career updates .  So i'm doing a 75% youth only challenge with a very low reputation / youth importance. 

45 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Thanks :) Did you post about Ibiza ? I love to do the same but i don't like Spain anymore (otherwise i would do a Basque or Barcelona lower league team) , strange format , big competition.

Gibraltar is going very good, i'm in my third season .. I'm only allowed to sign my own Youth academy players OR steal players born in Gibraltar from other teams (not many available ). Got lucky to get into europa league group fase in my first season .. so i'm rich :) I have a lot of difficult aims (best of Gibraltar = need to become champions for 21 times or manage Gibraltar to a WC or EC). 

I'm posting about it in the career updates .  So i'm doing a 75% youth only challenge with a very low reputation / youth importance. 

I did not unfortunately, I stopped playing around February when work got really busy again so checked some of the PAs; incredibly one of my regens in Ibiza has higher potential than anyone I ever got in any intake at Palermo in 13 years with one of the best youth systems in the world :idiot:Typical! If I remember right, I got promoted in the first season, skipped the restructuring as a result, and then for some reason the passion died; probably three years of fighting relegation in the second division in hindsight. Struggling to think of an engaging challenge at all these days, hence I'm back at Palermo on FM20 when I do play FM. Gibraltar is interesting though, I like the idea of the National Team management element with it as well - I'll definitely keep an eye out for your thread!

5 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

haha hope he is good ?

Not bad, but I wouldn't call him "super"... :D

2 minutes ago, keeper#1 said:

This implies that there is a "Mortal Mohamed"

:brock:

Aachen Season 1 Youth Intake

A very good first youth intake at Aachen with us having some quality wingers coming through.

3e1a129ccbdae565b0f371fbe0b9551f.png

93aa957c5dbb9e6d4919044c9c9a8027.png

Here are some of the best prospects

Lars Hirschberger(YP1) - German Right Winger

fd34bf7bd234057ab402afd3dee8b51f.png

Xurxo Grandal(YP2) - German Left Winger

ce76769771b8961884e9d874a96a3874.png

Nissim Zitouni(YP3) - German Inside Forward

4a578de864ff829a8e28ad859ee369c2.png

Robert Kraft(YP4) - Polish Left Back

1637120946799e98e0ee1180489d1eb0.png

Michal Kuznik(YP5) - German Left Winger

c22fffb66cbf444fc94aa5687c937d74.png

Tammo Kuhnel(YP6) - German Left Winger

bd66de15f04a205c0b994540a5127666.png

manchesterfc.png

2020/21 End of Season Review

It was an amazing season. Started very well thanks to great cohesion, and the whole first half we were among the best teams of the league in every aspect. But then a long lasting injury to our best player (Luke Griffiths) and obvious fatigue in the whole team caused us to concede many draws and lose some games which we would probably have won three months earlier. But in the end we secured a playoff spot, and there had great luck: two times we won on penalties, and gained promotion.

Our great form in the first half helped as well in persuading the management to improve the youth facilities. I hope this will help a bit with the intakes.

For the next season its now obvious that we need to fight against relegation - it wont happen another time that we will be able to beat all odds, and many of our players not only outperformed their abilities, but are also aging. Main goal should be to stay now for some seasons in the National, and then hopefully start to attack promotion with some of our youngsters. Right now we certainly lack depth and quality for more.

Final game

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2021-05-04-22-23-59.26.png

Competitions

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2021-05-04-22-26-20.59.png

Key Players:

Regan Linney - versatile and the only stiker whos consistent at scoring

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2021-05-04-22-42-28.37.png

Luke Griffiths - consistent, good eye for building up the attack. Sadly wants to leave.

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2021-05-04-22-43-40.59.png

Dan Lavercomb - no titles or promotions are possible without a reliant keeper. He is one.

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2021-05-04-22-45-12.55.png

Edited by Vlach

Aachen Season 1 Review

image.png.ec06b515624cbcb751d9bf8d78fd6894.png

Season Summary

7ab461ea78ddd3743e94aa15652de10a.jpg

I managed to finish 11th which was better then I thought considering I was relegation candidates in pre season. I managed to sort out a decent tactic that worked well.

df94b71f35bcb7f317441f0c17f02844.png

Squad Summary

9882cf7bf85dcca8acc53660507e9703.png

There was no stand out player and my top scorer only got 10 goals.

Transfers

A screenshot to prove no transfers in.

42f361a3e8bb647be52769a4e27d407f.png

Farnborough 2037-38 Season Update

Fixtures 1, 2, 3, 4 - The offense was generally consistent throughout the year.  The defense went through ups and down.  Generally, the switch to a more "relaxed" training in the senior team has helped us with the fixture congestion that comes from playing in England.  As a result, we could play our first team more frequently compared to the other teams.

FA Cup - A tough win over Fulham in the 3rd round put us into a match with struggling Championship side, Rotherham, in the 4th round.  We throttled them 6-0.  In the 5th round, we were knocked out by a tough Burnley squad.

League Cup - Second round exit at the hands of Crystal Palace

League Table - Southampton ran away with the league title on 101 points.  Aston Villa claimed the second promotion spot.  The next five teams were all pretty much the same but only four could make the playoffs and we were one of them.

1458987140_2038PlayoffTree.png.faedaf646f520de0215793b70f35a6e8.png

We traded 1-0 matches in the semifinals against Sheffield Wednesday and we advanced to Wembley as the result of penatly kicks.  In the final, we jumped out to a 2-0 lead and then switched some things up and played a bit more defensively in the last 30 minutes.  Barnsley got one goal but couldn't find a second goal to force extra time and Farnborough are headed to the Premier League!

xG General Performance - We rode an average offense and slightly above average defense to the playoffs and then the defense stepped up their game in the playoffs.

xG Expected vs Actual      xG Attacking Efficiency      xG Defensive Efficiency

2037-38 Stats 1     2037-38 Stats 2

2037-38 Player of the Year Josh Hewitt 30B - Our captain and defensive organizer Josh Hewitt 30B was the Player of the Year, this season.  His defensive abilities have really rounded out and is usually the first name on the team sheet.  When he's not in the lineup, our defense just isn't as good.

2037-38 Newcomer of the Year Ed Cummings-Hicks 35B - Cummings-Hicks is an interesting player.  He's a defensive winger but likes to play in the attacking strata.  I tried converting him into an attacking left-back due to his defensive skills but he has no interest in learning the position.  Still scored seven goals and added two assists from the left forward position.

2037-38 Transfers

2038 Youth Intake Preview     2038 Youth Intake     2038 Youth Intake DNA     RW Stewart Hart 38A     GK Russell Long 38B     LB Ali Ahmadpour 38C      LW Max Hughes 38D     CM Danny Clark 38E

2037-38 U23 Table     2037-38 U18 Table

2037-38 Moments to Remember     2037-38 Best XI      2037-38 Accolades

Almanac

884104954_StuartChadwick35DChampionshipPlayeroftheYear.png.117e33b336eab6bc0ae29ff8bb804139.png

1204619963_MikeNeilandChampionshipManageroftheYear.png.d53259cd7051d646d8dbdc08e1fff607.png

Some accolades for the squad on a league-wide basis.  

62810134_June12038AcademyAppearances-Goals.png.2eba5b4732c06ae4986b99b5987a1e18.png

Soufiane Dghoughi 25A will not have his contract renewed at the end of the season.  He's just not good enough for the Premier League.  As much as I want his experience in the squad, I need the best players in the senior team.  The kids have moved past him.  That said, he could be the manager of my next youth save.  He's been a great servant to the club.  Austin Power 31G is slowly creeping up on 100 goals for an academy player.

2038636158_SoufianeDghoughi25A.thumb.png.b656728a8f45ef5e7981edd45080ee47.png

I count all appearances (league and cup) in the totals above.

1005199726_June12038U20-U21Appearances-Goals.png.f33659a9bdfadd2e82765a107f937f32.png

Dylan Adams 33C has become our most capped U20/U21 player with 18 appearances for Wales.  Marks Dubrovskijs could make a run at him since he's the starting Latvian U21 goalkeeper.

1688961937_June12038SeniorInternationalAppearances-Goals.png.8420dad59202bba27f9347a6ef891d15.png

Dylan Adams 33C got his first senior cap for Wales while Mike Johnson 29E chipped in his third goal for Nigeria to tie Tafadzwa Mutasa 31A for most senior international goals.

1198893887_YouthCategoryImprovement.png.df25a4ab68510d3082b113ce6933835b.png

We are quickly developing one of the top academies (outside of the Premier League) in England.

965618247_DylanAdams33CWonderkid.thumb.png.71d58561704090afce90be9eb5f8a06e.png

And it's developed it's first wonderkid.

769907135_2037-38SeasonbySeason.thumb.png.dfac18b4aa51fb089ba70a1ee78bbcb1.png

6 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

1458987140_2038PlayoffTree.png.faedaf646f520de0215793b70f35a6e8.png

We traded 1-0 matches in the semifinals against Sheffield Wednesday and we advanced to Wembley as the result of penatly kicks.  In the final, we jumped out to a 2-0 lead and then switched some things up and played a bit more defensively in the last 30 minutes.  Barnsley got one goal but couldn't find a second goal to force extra time and Farnborough are headed to the Premier League!

Congrats on promotion! 

With the complete lack of a youth academy at my Andorran club, I am trying the Faroe Islands instead.  So after holidaying for a season, I have taken over at fourth tier bottom club Miðvágs Bóltfelag.

Club Introduction

Miðvágs Bóltfelag

MB Midvagur Logo Vector (.AI) Free Download

The Manager

This is me.

Oq7o2du.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season    Reputation           Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start  Minimal   (0.25*)    None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Poor              Basic                 Basic            Limited            Local   (0.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Løgmanssteypið                    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

Berliner FC Dynamo

BFC Dynamo
2029/2030 end of season review

League table | Competition overview | Finances | Transfers | Youth intake | Facilities | Club info

Again a very good season. Not as good as last year, but still a very good season. A 7th place, with only one goal difference to finish 6th. So we qualified for Europa Conference League in stead of Europa League. But I can't complain, I am very happy that we can play in Europe again nexts season. It was our debut in the Champions League as well. We had a very, very tough group. And as excpected we didn't qualify for the next round. But I am very happy that we managed to win away against Chelsea.

My U19 also had their first European campaign, with a lot more success. They won the UEFA Youth League!
12Pciwk.png

rsjBdEK.png
xUHeFSp.png
NX6oGHd.png

When the season was over, I received this message in my inbox. We'll get a 27k capacity stadium! And we can pay the stadium all by ourself.
eQBaW0l.png

:lock:

Youth intake

Again a 'golden generation', and again with a lot of attacking players. We do now have a lot of wingers, attacking midfielders en strikers. That's nice, but I really want some more defenders and defensive midfielders.
vgyh4Ca.png
B4WlP2B.png
These are the best talents from this intake:
aSEtovi.pngTurglJv.pnghmV7eBv.pnglOj94Mn.pngON8UgJC.pnglrn9CQc.png

Best players
Tom Büchler 28a and Philipp Stein 25l were my best players this season. Büchler 28a scored 16 Bundesliga goals, and Stein 25l scored 18 Bundesliga goals. And Stein 25l also won the European Golden Boy Award!

kMhVGAk.png

756471709_EuropaLeagueDraw.png.3af24d1d3c0226719859eda77137e997.png

So my Europa League group stage didn't go so well once again. We got a difficult draw for the second season running.

43410665_EuropaLeagueGroup.png.df83d6325b499650f9177f0521f60208.png

Thankfully we didn't finish bottom of the group this season, so we managed to get Europa Conference League football for the first time, but the fact we draw against all three teams once, with the games against Real Betis and Schalke we were actually ahead in too, means that we missed out on potentially going through, or even heading out with 12 points. I guess it just wasn't to be.

Follo FK - Wikipedia

Follo FK - Season 2028 Review

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

We survived this time! After we went down in our first try in the top tier, simply surviving was the the goal. And we did, even if it was quite close. A lot of teams battled to avoid relegation, but in the end we finished atop the pile at the bottom in a very respectable 11th place. We scored quite freely, but we also concede too many goals for my likening, so I hope I can work on that the next seasons.

In Norgesmesterskapet we beat Fagerborg and Flisa before losing to Viking in the 3rd round.

Youth

The preview doesn't promise much, but an Indian is a nice addition.

QIDkzPp.png

No Indian (he is now Norwegian it seems), but a really good intake anyway.

vjkLKlJ.png

I teased this fellow because of his name, but it is really what he is called. His personality is just amazing, although it has flipped to "professional" during the season.

e02hNkU.png

Baljit Negi 28b is the one the game said was Indian, and he is born there and speak Hindi, but his only nationality is Norway. A very good player, and because of his amazing passing I've started to use him more as a midfielder.

ZNvThLa.png

2nd team:

They only played friendlies this season.

U19s:

After they got relegated from the national U19s league, they almost bounced back, but finished 2nd in the U19 Championship Oslo behind Vålerenga, who won 37 of 38 games!

In the Norwegian U19 Cup they beat Fu/Vo before losing to Odd in the 2nd round.

Statistics:

Spoiler

I thought I could add India to the list, but he apparently renounced his Indian citizenship or something...

wjvDKlC.png

luMjpSh.png

Record Breakers:

Most league apps overall: Kristian Seteklev - 259
Most league goals overall: Kristian Seteklev - 173
Youngest player: Baljit Negi 28b - 15 years, 100 days
Oldest goalscorer: Ernest Rzepecki - 30 years, 263 days

Trophy cabinet:

OBOS-Ligaen 1 - (2027)
PostNord-ligaen Avdeling 2 - 1 (2022)

Norwegian U19 Championship Oslo (U19s) - 2 (2022, 2024)

BpjrGkj.png

1 minute ago, vikeologist said:

@XaW Did you put your model Citizen into a mentoring group? 

Nope, I held him far away from anything resembling mentoring, but the squad personality had some impact anyway, it seems.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Nope, I held him far away from anything resembling mentoring, but the squad personality had some impact anyway, it seems.

Going to discuss a lot of under the hood stuff, so I'll put it in spoilers.

Spoiler

What is your squad personality?

I'm not sure why that happened. I wouldn't have thought a squad personality could lower temperament. I'd have thought that the only thing that could cause the change would be his temperament lowering. I may well be wrong, but if you have him mentored by someone with an unflappable media handling (even if they're outspoken or media friendly as well) it should switch it back, but obviously it would have to be someone with a vey good personality, and if your squad personality is really (for want of a better word) flappable, you might be fighting a losing battle.

Just now, vikeologist said:

Going to discuss a lot of under the hood stuff, so I'll put it in spoilers.

Hide contents

What is your squad personality?

I'm not sure why that happened. I wouldn't have thought a squad personality could lower temperament. I'd have thought that the only thing that could cause the change would be his temperament lowering. I may well be wrong, but if you have him mentored by someone with an unflappable media handling (even if they're outspoken or media friendly as well) it should switch it back, but obviously it would have to be someone with a vey good personality, and if your squad personality is really (for want of a better word) flappable, you might be fighting a losing battle.

Spoiler

My squad personality is "Professional", so I'm not quite sure what change happened to lower him into professional. Most of the team leaders are "balanced", so it's not easy to pinpoint exactly what dropped, but my guess would be ambition, because I have few "ambitious" players and a few "unambitious" ones...

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

Hide contents

My squad personality is "Professional", so I'm not quite sure what change happened to lower him into professional. Most of the team leaders are "balanced", so it's not easy to pinpoint exactly what dropped, but my guess would be ambition, because I have few "ambitious" players and a few "unambitious" ones...

cant be. has his media handling changed? i might be wrong,, but i think  there's only that 1 possible thing.  

End of Season Review

Season 2021

Miðvágs Bóltfelag

MB Midvagur Logo Vector (.AI) Free Download

Season Summary

A decent enough season, though being top for most of the campaign before blowing it towards the end of the season.

Season Details

League Table - We were top for most of the season before losing away to promotion rivals Undrið in our penultimate game, which dropped us to third, where we stayed.

League Fixtures - We were fairly consistent for most of the campaign.

Løgmanssteypið - A tough draw in the second round, where we lost away to top flight 07 Vestur, ending our interest in the competition.

Pre Season Friendlies - Just two losses from our eleven games was a pleasing pre season.

Squad - A goos squad that is only going to get better.

Squad Dynamics - A lot of work is required here.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - An excellent intake, with attacking midfielder Morten Dinesen YP21A1 the clear star of the group.

Finances - We are in the black, though only just.

Key Players

Hanus Árason - Explosive right winger who was superb for most of the season.

Robert Samuelson - Our best performing midfielder who was hampered by injuries.

Rói Frederiksberg - Teenage goalkeeper who continues to develop.

Janus Djurhuus - Deployed in a defensive midfield role, the youngster has a lot to learn.

Jógvan Olsen - Another teenager, the striker had a mediocre campaign.

Next Season

A promotion push is the goal.

Personal Coaching Data

2021      Minimal = (0.25*) =  National B ↑↑        5 ↑   5 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Poor              Basic                 Basic            Limited            Local   (0.50*)
2021       Basic =              Poor =            Basic =               Average ↑        Basic ↑            Local = (0.50*) =

Season Record

2021         12         8        1        3          25              12                 +13              66.67%

Overall Career Record

2021             12         8        1        3          25              12                 +13              66.67%             276 days

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Løgmanssteypið                    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021              N/a               N/a                    N/a                       3. Deild Group A                      3rd       Second round                      Missed out on promotion group on last day of the season.

Season     Player                         Cumulative Number of Appearances
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021       No one                                         0

2021       No one                                 0

2021       No one                                  0

2021       No one                                     0

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

cant be. has his media handling changed? i might be wrong,, but i think  there's only that 1 possible thing.  

No, Level-headed both before and now.

34 minutes ago, XaW said:

No, Level-headed both before and now.

Spoiler

No, I meant that the only thing that can make someone go from Model Citizen to Professional is their temperament attribute lowering (to below 15). I could be wrong, because obviously the personalities are a bit complex. If that happened , it wouldn't affect him being level-headed.

I don't think it makes much difference. It;s one of those cases where it sounds as though he has a much worse personality, but it's probably not really. I mean, it makes the player slightly less likely to lose his temper, but still unlikely. Temperament doesn't really matter as long as it's not like 1-2.

The thing is though your squad personality has nothing to do with temperament, but I'm really not sure how it could have been affected.

All of this is limited by my understanding. I don't know what I don't know. I do want to know though, which is why I asked about it.

The thing that really interests me is what did cause it. Does fining, poor performances, team talks etc, affect temperament? A bad referee decision.

If I had a Model Citizen come through, I wouldn't even want him within a 5 mile radius of my other players. I love the label.

Edited by vikeologist

2 minutes ago, vikeologist said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No, I meant that the only thing that can make someone go from Model Citizen to Professional is their temperament attribute lowering (to below 15). I could be wrong, because obviously the personalities are a bit complex. If that happened , it wouldn't affect him being level-headed.

I don't think it makes much difference. It;s one of those cases where it sounds as though he has a much worse personality, but it's probably not really. I mean, it makes the player slightly less likely to lose his temper, but still unlikely. Temperament doesn't really matter as long as it's not like 1-2.

The thing is though your squad personality has nothing to do with temperament, but I'm really not sure how it could have been affected.

All of this is limited by my understanding. I don't know what I don't know. I do want to know though, which is why I asked about it.

The thing that really interests me is what did cause it. Does fining, poor performances, team talks etc, affect temperament? A bad referee decision.

If I had a Model Citizen come through, I wouldn't even want him within a 5 mile radius of my other players. I love the label.

Spoiler

Yeah, I didn't want him anywhere near anyone else, but it happened after just a few months. So if it is indeed the temperament, it has to come from somewhere else as I've not mentored him, nor have I fined him (unless he got a red card that season) since I don't fine for poor performances. So I'm not sure what the reason could be, but I also would like him to keep his previous personality. Still, his current hidden mentals should be quite amazing regardless.