The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

After taking an age scum saving, I am now ready to take over at Jersey Bulls, who finished bottom of their division in tier ten.

Club Introduction

Jersey Bulls

Jersey Bulls F.C. - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

bfjGgT7.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Limited            Local   (0.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, v1n1akabozo said:

@XaW 

I've been mostly lurking for the past 5 years and there are a lot of gems of knowledge spread across the pages like when you guys discussed how you evaluate players, the personality handling guide, etc. Wouldn't be nice if someone glued them all in a pastebin to be edited into the first post?

Also, if that's not asking too much, could you post again the link to the personality guide i mentioned before? I think i'll do that pastebin myself later this week.

Yeah, I guess we could make something like that, but then again, there are no rules set in stone for what is good and bad. For instance I don't use the DNA that @OlivierL uses. If I get the spirit over me, I might summarise something, but don't hold your breath! If you happen to make a grand summary (because you might get rather tired of waiting for me do it), I imagine it wouldn't be hard to ask @darren1983 to add it to the initial post.

The old guide I still refer to at times (that is a bit outdated in some cases) is this one. I've also used this site to automate a few things, but it relies on the previous thread, so also a bit outdated at times. I should also mention the thread that started my entire joy of youth development, this old thread from 2013. Unfortunately, the images are gone, but the general gist of things and how it reflects real life is a nice read if you like.

27 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I guess we could make something like that, but then again, there are no rules set in stone for what is good and bad. For instance I don't use the DNA that @OlivierL uses. If I get the spirit over me, I might summarise something, but don't hold your breath! If you happen to make a grand summary (because you might get rather tired of waiting for me do it), I imagine it wouldn't be hard to ask @darren1983 to add it to the initial post.

The old guide I still refer to at times (that is a bit outdated in some cases) is this one. I've also used this site to automate a few things, but it relies on the previous thread, so also a bit outdated at times. I should also mention the thread that started my entire joy of youth development, this old thread from 2013. Unfortunately, the images are gone, but the general gist of things and how it reflects real life is a nice read if you like.

I have a backup of Cleon's thread with the images included.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lr-wXjxweRb6WxO1MD1cXlz0J5EN6ARy/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Sorry what do you want me to add to the OP?

Also I knew before clicking what thread that was - such a great one. 

Just now, darren1983 said:

Sorry what do you want me to add to the OP?

Also I knew before clicking what thread that was - such a great one. 

If @v1n1akabozo or me or anyone else makes a summary of personalities you can add it to the OP. A big "if", mind!

Just now, TheGreatTraveler said:

Potential Issue, my board created a link with a senior affiliate that can send us loan players whenever they want. Not letting me cancel the link yet, but what would I do if players get sent my way? 

I think you have the option to cancel the loans before they start. But if you happen to get them in, try to cancel. If you can't make sure to take screenshots of it happening and just stick the player in the reserves and try to forget about them. Also don't use them for mentoring and stuff.

Just now, XaW said:

I think you have the option to cancel the loans before they start. But if you happen to get them in, try to cancel. If you can't make sure to take screenshots of it happening and just stick the player in the reserves and try to forget about them. Also don't use them for mentoring and stuff.

Yeah that makes sense and was definitely the plan, hope I can cancel the loans immediately if they do happen

33 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Thats exactly me. :D

I love this and with google maps its pretty damn easy to make.

Don't get mad when I steal your ideas then! ;)

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

Don't get mad when I steal your ideas then! ;)

Nah, Im more then happy to see more of this.

I love to see those things.

3 minutes ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

@Cheez3y did you try out my tactic btw? did it work for you or not? curious at your findings...

I couldnt really try it, since my 4231 clicked at that time. But I will try it this season with some tweaks.

Im not sure about the high lines, but in the preseason it looked fine.

The main problem is, I got only striker with max 10 pace.

Thats why I dropped one to the AMC spot.

https://i.gyazo.com/b8f050cd6515c6fcaabcc2f77c3ee6b6.png

2 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Nah, Im more then happy to see more of this.

I love to see those things.

I couldnt really try it, since my 4231 clicked at that time. But I will try it this season with some tweaks.

Im not sure about the high lines, but in the preseason it looked fine.

The main problem is, I got only striker with max 10 pace.

Thats why I dropped one to the AMC spot.

https://i.gyazo.com/b8f050cd6515c6fcaabcc2f77c3ee6b6.png

Well, my AF has 12-11 for acc-pace and is doing ok, had a bad start of the season, only 2 goals in 10 but last season had 22 in 40 games (is considered leading player for the League Premier Division so no star for VNN) and my TM-Su has 7-7 for acc-pace and is doing great too with 6 goals in 10 games  (and ability just a tad bitter than AF but still same description in coach report)

16 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Well, just before pre-season I lost my first choice striker... and the reason is absurd! A consortium bought the club, Asil'Darov had the role of player/director, so he got fired.... 

:idiot:     :onmehead:

image.png.361a6cd7ca2a0b87147000d0cff9a8a8.png

Playing with Anzhi one must expect political turnmoil must he not?

17 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Well, just before pre-season I lost my first choice striker... and the reason is absurd! A consortium bought the club, Asil'Darov had the role of player/director, so he got fired.... 

:idiot:     :onmehead:

image.png.361a6cd7ca2a0b87147000d0cff9a8a8.png

Fired or "eliminated" if you know what I mean.

3 hours ago, XaW said:

@Cheez3y - I'm really jealous of your maps there. I'm a bit of a map geek myself, so whenever I go somewhere other than Rushden, I might have to steal some of those ideas from you...

i stole his idea to create an overview from all the intake nations :) and adding birth cities to a map is something I enjoyed doing with my Ile De France 'only' with Paris FC.

great job @Cheez3y

880.png.a7ca288ecd5df2239cdf2772fac51758.png

Championnat National (3rd) - Ligue 2 Play offs (Lost) - Coupe de France (10th Rnd)

Squad - U19 - Transfers 

What a first season... Talking about overachieving. I knew our squad was capable of having a nice & quiet season, but we turned out to be one of the top teams in the division. The squad has some very decent players for this level in each area. For example Bekhechi was our leading man from the very beginning, scoring 11 goals and providing 12 assists. Bijimine had some offers from Ligue 2 clubs and had a rock-solid year at the back, and I could go on and on... The club also produced interesting youth players in the first season, Coskun is an extremely gifted left back that's already wanted by some Ligue 2 sides while Leblanc could develop into a decent inside forward or a striker.

We ended up finishing 3rd in the league. If you'd tell me before the season started, i wouldn't even believe you. Because of the course of the competition I am more disappointed than satisfied. We were in a spot for promotion to the Ligue 2 for a very long time, but ended up losing it on the very last games of the season. We have the same amount of points as the 2nd, while the 1st in the Championnat only has one point more... Our third place allowed us to participate in the play offs for promotion, but that was not a success. They were too strong for us in both legs, which is normal after a tiring season. It also didn't help that in the first game 3 of our starting players were suspended, in the replay 2.

The way things ended is just frustrating! :( It's a shame, but maybe the Ligue 2 would've been a little too much for us yet. We might benefit from a year or two more in the 3rd division, especially if we start adapting some more youngsters into the first squad. 

Fair amount of international call-ups by the way, really adds up to enjoying the game although I had to miss them for a couple of games during the season. Ramalingom (Madagascar), Lenogue (Martinique), Lembet (Central Afr. Rep), Bila (Burkina Faso) & even our youth prospect Coskun (Turkey U19). Bila & Lembet even went to the Africa Cup, cool.Also grabbed my first two coaching badges

Youth intake

The preview made me wonder who our Moroccan prospect would turn out to be, but he didn't seem to be the most promising of the bunch. Not too happy about the personalities and determination of most of the youngsters, something we'll need to work on in the future while building out our staff. Signed 6 of the players. The Comorian Humblot will serve as our much needed back up for the DR. Other players who look like they could become part of the senior squad are Sabatier and Traoré. They do have a few quality players before them, so they have quite some time to develop for now and will get chances 

Next season

Maybe we'll get our revenche, maybe we have a major setback. I do hope we can still compete for the first places, but promotion to the Ligue 2 is obviously no must.

spacer.png

South Shields 2031 Youth Intake

151593430_2031YouthIntake.png.d5d4c2da62e94dfe4814fae1d4b5834c.png625936130_2031YouthIntakeDNA.thumb.png.26ddf90693a92b938508829c2d2ad58f.png

Looking at the intake from the FM21 Development Center, it looks like a very top-heavy class with four impact players.  But running the numbers through the "FM American DNA" calculator, it's a very deep class with helpful players throughout the intake.  We have brought through our first 50+ player in Conor Guyton who could make an instant impact in the midfield next season.  

884622490_AdeAkuneto31A.thumb.png.4a50521a54ae70e2914d64a78239c9c3.png

Akuneto 31A is another center forward who looks more to help the team by linking the midfield and forward line than he does when it comes to scoring.  May have to put my tactical hat on during the summer break and figure out a way to link all of these players (Trevor Stoneman 27F, Pedro Silva 29D, Samuel David 30A, and Ade Akuneto 31A) to our main scoring threat Mike Neiland 23B.

1668718836_ConorGuyton31B.thumb.png.761f60cb6a970f93f7aaf23374b5689d.png

Conor Guyton 31B brings something to the midfield that we don't have....a creative force than has the ability to score.  Guyton should slot into nicely into a 4-2-3-1 should we go that way to link all of the attacking options to Neiland 23B.  Needs to become a better decision maker.

61269730_JordanJones31C.thumb.png.9ad53e8023986b3ca979c48db003299c.png

Right-back has been a problem with the team for the last few years.  Jordan Jones 31B (not to be confused with Jordan Jones 27O who is a center back in our U23s) will slot into the starting lineup next season.  His only draw-back going forward is his "unambitious" personality.  That will require some serious mentoring in the next couple years.

492387210_ChristopherProvett31D.thumb.png.38b321ca3b39203df817028e12ca652f.png

Christopher Provett 31D will spend next season in the U18 squad learning the game as I try to figure out which one of the older youth academy products (Jean-Claude Luvovadio 27D or Kevin Irving 28B) is going to be our starting goalkeeper next season.  Provett will supplant, provided he develops, one of them down the line.

83774376_DavidBradley31E.thumb.png.f6755754631a95c765af927b90a68f36.png

David Bradley 31E is a true left winger ideally suited for a 4-4-2.  This is another position of need for us.  I've either been using Trevor Stoneman 27F (a forward), Todd Laws 25C (a center midfielder) or Paul Williams 27K (a full back) in the left wing position depending on the opponent.  Bradley needs some developing but once he does, he will provide plenty of formation flexibility for us.

image.png.9703ca6a1bdabdd35eabf87998290825.png

La Roda CF

Season 1 2021/2022 Spanish Segunda Division B Grupo 3 - End of Season Review

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | League Table | Finances | Transfers

What a season we had in the league. We were very good for large parts of the season and we got lucky that we had no major injury issues considering we have a very small squad. We got all the way to April before we lost a game in the league but a dip in form that seen us draw 2 and lose 1 meant we nearly threw away our spot at the top. Winning the league put us into the promotion play off semi finals where we drew Quintanar Del Rey, a 2-1 away defeat followed by a 1-0 home victory seen us progress on to the final with away goals. We were up against UCAM Murcia, a solid 3-1 first leg win was thankfully enough as we were defeated 2-1 in the final and we are promoted to Spanish Segunda Division Pro. In the Copa Del Rey we beat Gernika 5-2 after ET before being hammered 2-1 by LaLiga side Cadiz.

Off the field things are not quite so great. We are losing money, fast and there is no sign of any decent investment coming my way any time soon. With that in mind, we are unable to undergo any upgrades this season. Hopefully we can start to bring in some money because the Youth Preview indicated it would a semi ok Intake but we are littered with bad personalities. Too many balanced and unambitious players in there. I have set up some mentoring in the hope that I can change some personalities but it does not look good for our first intake. Best of the bunch are Abel 1ASeydou Sene 1B and Alberto Alonso 1C

I am not confident for our chances of survival next season but, to tell you the truth, I am unsure how big a step up in quality the Segunda Pro will be. Let´s see what the summer brings, I suppose.

https://i.gyazo.com/dcadbe2d86c13cf3cddf96a7f39b4cbc.png

He finally wanted a new contract and not leave the club.

I already excepted as bid from Bodö on 100k + 50%, but he turned that down.

After that, he was unhappy and wanted a new contract.

But now he needs to step up and play better, as DLP he sux.....

https://i.gyazo.com/8d86a77c33f8d745bceb1bec26b6a2fd.png

https://i.gyazo.com/5f2e59c87111af8c14ca25f982bf485f.png

1414709975_NGGeffen.jpg.f330b3adf5371eec84ef55721193dfbf.jpg

Nooit Gedacht - Season 2024-2025 - 6th division

Predicted: 8th

Final position: 1th and Champions

After 3 games we were 1th, and kept this place until the end of the season. But our maximum advantage during the season was only 4 points, and we only won the league after the last game of the season. We onle lost twice this season, and we have our first international call-up.

Games 1

Games 2

Cup: Still no cup games, but I think we will enter the cup next season.

Youth intake: We got another good preview, and the actual intake didn't disappoint, but we got a lot of bad personallities.

Tom Brandt (YP4a): AML, not far from the first team

Sven Brandstetter (YP4b): Also AML

Sam Van Beijnen (YP4c): AMR

Transfers: A couple players left us, but they wouldn't play a game for us, because they were not good enough.

Finances: Red, and getting worse every year. So I'm afraid it will take a while before I can upgrade something.

Looking for a bit of clarification on rules as with a new computer en route and a pending lockdown I'll be aiming to get stuck into something new.

How does the divisional start work, for example, my club of choice would be Barking, would I load the tier above them and then repeat till they gain the necessary promotion to be eligible?

Also I see a few nicknames, I am to assume this was fixed? 

Edited by sc91

Taranto FC 1927 - Club profile | Transfermarkt

Our first season in Serie B was very tough, but a strong run to the end meant we finished 9th.  We started off playing the teams that would mostly finish in the top half for our first 8 games. This was an extremely big step up in competition considering most players in the other teams were worth the value of our whole squad. This lead to us having a very poor first half of the season, whilst we adjusted to life without our 2 best players that essentially got us promoted us last year.

This was further exasperated with the sale in January of my then top scorer Arcangello Divella to newcastle for £3.8M and a 50% sell on clause. The club has had poor finances since day 1, and i've decided to gamble on him really pushing on at a much better club and getting us a cash windfall in a season or two. He was our top goalscorer with 13 by january, and a big loss to the team. It's worth noting since he's joined Newcastle his personality has changed to perfectionist so I really think I made the right call! I needed some money at the club to demand higher fees for other players, so Divella was sold to move the whole club on further forward. 

However as the season wore on, i adjusted my tactic to be less attacking and the results started to roll in. We won 8 of the last 12 games, drawing 2 and losing the other two in that time. This propelled us from 17th position to a top half finish. I essentially dropped the defensive line to stop balls over the top, lowered the mentality to balanced as we kept taking too much risk and being caught in possession, and instructed the team to play out of defence so we would stop lumping it long from goalkeeper restarts.

This good form also coincided with rise of Roberto Flórez 28A. I tried to let him develop in the youth team for the first half of the season but once he came in he really helped us dominate the middle of the park. Another regen in Tobia Tombirino 28D, who i've actually fined into having a perfectionist personality, has helped fill the void of Mangione. He does have a lot of interest though so i pray i can hold onto him. 

So anyway whats the intake like? Well we've got an ok intake, with one real prospect i'm excited about. 

Arcangelo Zambetti 29A - Not gonna lie, looks like the perfect forward for how i play. Already gave him 3 appearances off the bench and he's scored 2! Driven personality too so hoping he can fire us to a better position next year.

Gian Nicola De Santis 29B- Right back, needs work on his pace but looks like a  quality prospect.

Fabio Vantaggiato 29C- Would an intake be complete without a striker with poor finishing?

Also managed to get myself to National A coaching badge with the bit of money we have, and upgrade our training facilities

Transfers

22 hours ago, OlivierL said:

5b3bba387b254946370d68de1bdb11db.png
Murray , Collins and mcGurk for me :)

@OlivierLThis looks interesting. What is Dna?

I'm guessing the green personalities and MH styles are the best ones. I treat Evasive/Unflappable MH style as positive as it tends to hide good professionalism (based on FM20).  I have dropped an example below for two of the combos above.

Spoiler

image.png.93e4bb9b24c2e815b867cafca4d89d29.png

Edited by JAwtunes

End of Season Review

Season 2027/28

SV Babberich

SV Babberich - Wikipedia

League Table - Another season without a promotion challenge.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We started well and then, again, we fell off a cliff.  Very frustrating.

Pre Season Friendlies - A completely mixed bag, as we won four and lost four.

Mid Season Friendlies - Three games and three wins.

Squad - We are stagnating and the players are not developing very quickly.

Squad Dynamics - This is probably the only good thing at the club right now.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Just the one departure, as a reserve player left for pastures new.

Youth Candidates - Another very poor intake with only Amine Hajji YP28A97 looking like he may make the first team.

Finances - Our bank balance continues to grow.  Grow into the red that is.  It is safe to say we owe more money than we did this time last year.

Key Players

Olivier van Brakel YP23B18 - A reasonable season though the goalkeeper is not playing as well as he is capable of.

Kyren Arends YP24I41 - Another decent season from the frontman, though he had a few knocks and missed a few games as a result.

Pressen Rijssel YP25C51 - The season when the centre back found his feet and cemented his place in the first eleven.

Ervin Sanches YP24D36 - One of the few really bright points of the season, the right winger had a tremendous first season in the starting eleven.

Ayoub Jamal YP24L44 - Playing on the left wing, this youngster is still a vital player for us, but he rarely plays at his best.

Next Season

I just don’t know anymore.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                   1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (0.25*) =   None =                 4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   5 ↑
2022/23    Minimal = (0.25*) =   None =                 5 ↑   5 ↑   3 ↑   2 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 =   1 =   5 ↑   6 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑   National B ↑↑          8 ↑   8 ↑   5 ↑   2 =   1 =   3 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 ↑   8 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑
2024/25    Minimal = (0.50*) ↓   National B =           8 =   8 =   5 =   2 =   1 =   3 =   8 =   8 =   7 =   4 =   1 =   7 =   8 =   7 =  10 ↑  10 ↑   9 =
2025/26    Minimal = (0.50*) =   National B =           8 =   8 =   5 =   2 =   1 =   4 ↑   8 =   8 =   7 =   4 =   1 =   7 =   8 =   7 =  10 =  11 ↑  10 ↑
2026/27    Minimal = (0.50*) =   National A ↑           8 =   8 =   5 =   2 =   1 =   4 =   9 ↑   8 =   8 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 =   8 =   7 =  11 ↑  13 ↑  11 ↑
2027/28    Minimal = (0.50*) =   National A =           9 ↑   8 =   5 =   2 =   1 =   4 =   9 =   8 =   8 =   4 =   1 =   7 =   8 =   7 =  11 =  14 ↑  11 =

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor              Fairly basic          Basic            Limited            Local   (0.50*)
2021/22    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average ↑↑       Basic ↑            Local = (0.50*) =
2022/23    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic ↑     Local = (0.50*) =
2023/24    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic =     Local = (0.50*) =
2024/25    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic =     Local = (0.50*) =
2025/26    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic =     Local = (0.50*) =
2026/27    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic =     Local = (0.50*) =
2027/28    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic =     Local = (0.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      26        15        3        8          43              25                 +18
2022/23      26        18        5        3          76              36                 +40
2023/24      26        11        5       10          35              36                  -1
2024/25      26        12        8        6          55              38                 +17
2025/26      26        13        8        5          54              24                 +30
2026/27      26        14        1       11          56              46                 +10
2027/28      26        13        3       10          50              36                 +14

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          26        15        3        8          43              25                 +18              327 days
2022/23          52        33        8       11         119              61                 +58              693 days
2023/24          78        44       13       21         154              97                 +57            1,061 days
2024/25         104        56       21       27         209             135                 +74            1,426 days
2025/26         130        69       29       32         263             159                +104            1,789 days
2026/27         156        83       30       43         319             205                +114            2,153 days
2027/28         182        96       33       53         369             241                +128            2,517 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2021/22    Derde Klasse Zondag C West 2
2022/23    Tweede Klasse Zondag I

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Tweede Klasse Zondag I (2022/23)
1 x Derde Klasse Zondag C West 2 (2021/22)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Derde Klasse Zondag C West 2          1st             N/a                          Promoted as champions.
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Tweede Klasse Zondag I                1st ↑           N/a =                        Promoted as champions.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag E                8th ↑           N/a =                        Mid table mediocrity.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag E                6th ↑           N/a =                        Comfortable top half finish.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag E                2nd ↑           N/a =                        Runners up.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag E                5th ↓           N/a =                        Mid table mediocrity.
2027/28           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag E                6th ↓           N/a =                        Mid table mediocrity.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
2021/22    Arno ter Haar YP22B2                      4
2022/23    Tim de Jong YP22E5                       29
2023/24    Arno ter Haar YP22B2                     53
2024/25    Arno ter Haar YP22B2                     78
2025/26    Arno ter Haar YP22B2                     95
2026/27    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18              109
2027/28    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18              135

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2021/22    Jean Bosco Nzeyimana YP22H8                  1
2022/23    Tim de Jong YP22E5                          32
2023/24    Tim de Jong YP22E5                          32
2024/25    Tim de Jong YP22E5                          32
2025/26    Kyren Arends YP24I41                        55
2026/27    Kyren Arends YP24I41                        81
2027/28    Kyren Arends YP24I41                       100

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists
2021/22    Mazen Al-Khatib YP22N14                     1
           Koen Wolters YP22K11                        1
           Tim de Jong YP22E5                          1
           Jean Bosco Nzeyimana YP22H8                 1
2022/23    Koen Wolters YP22K11                       10
2023/24    Koen Wolters YP22K11                       11
2024/25    Mitchell Boeve YP23L28                     13
2025/26    Song Chang-Oh YP23J26                      20
2026/27    Song Chang-Oh YP23J26                      30
2027/28    Song Chang-Oh YP23J26                      31

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                     0
2022/23    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                 1
2023/24    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                 6
2024/25    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                15
2025/26    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                25
2026/27    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                30
2027/28    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                35

Edited by DazRTaylor

55 minutes ago, jmonfu said:

Am I the only sadistic person to watch the game on Comprehensive?  It takes longer but I am noticing so many more things rather than watching on Extensive or Key

I watch extended, comprehensive is a bridge too far for me haha 

SEASON 28 - 2049 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE  -  FIXTURES  1 2 3 - SQUAD 1 2 -  COMPETITION REVIEW  

MANAGER PROFILE -  CHARACTERISTICS  -  ATTRIBUTES 

CLUB PROFILE  -  GENERAL  -  FACILITIES  -  HONOURS  -  FINANCES  -  TRANSFERS 1 2

EURO CUP 11 (Carried Over)

Through the groups, I believed that we could claim this as our first European Silverware. We got probably the hardest draw in the knockout stage and went out. PSV went on to win the trophy as well. It doesn't help that the players only returned from pre-season a few days before the first leg, so had no match fitness.

2.PNG.8fea169169c58e05cf9d1b3b6b6f6fd8.PNG

2.PNG.8718c914d1b19076ddbb15ac112d96a4.PNG

LEAGUE CUP

As is becoming the norm now, we had to field grey players in the first couple of games and so went out at the group stage again.

LEAGUE

Winners again. 18 wins from 22 games and 56 points.

ICELANDIC CUP

Also winners again. Beating Valur 5-1 in the final.

2.PNG.eaa41ed30974c1d175b4ae7ffc265604.PNG

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Finally made it into the group stages, but we probably got the hardest draw possible, despite being 3rd seeds. No wins, but the money is about to revovate the training and youth facilities again. The league now gets two Champions League places.

2.PNG.a69ff16a59db7ffc227b4b2b03be6635.PNG

THE PLAYERS

Kristinsson moved on for £1.7m. It was probably good timing, as we needed to make room for new players to come through. He finished with 143 league goals from 214 appearances. First choice Goalkeeper Einar Magnusson also moved on, for £1.1m, again to allow for new blood to come through. Right back Josepsson's release clause, of £1.4m, was met and we had no choice but to let him go.

Gunnarsson came in as first choice keeper and had a good season. Atli Larusson was outstanding again, scoring 60 goals in 37 games. With Kristinsson gone, Andresson stepped up and replaced him with 37 in 37.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

A little better this time. Ingiberg Olafur Einarsson looks like he could be a player. 

OFF THE FIELD

I reached 1000 games in management and went top in the Icelandic hall of fame. We moved into the new stadium then expanded it by 3,000 odd seats within 3 months. We virtually sold out every game, which meant we are now making a monthly profit and not having to rely on prize money from Europe.

1872948504_SeasonInfo1.PNG.63b7a7e2fa1d1ccb3eb6a98de0581499.PNG479393565_SeasonInfo2.PNG.11a842c5d923bf6e213c4f697c7b50c1.PNG267876048_SeasonInfo3.PNG.fb59b25d610fd92688eacfcfedf3aed3.PNG