The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

@vikeologistI am thinking of starting this challenge for FM2022 but before I start I was just wondering are we still not allowed to play in unofficial countries or added leagues. Like for example if I wanted to start in the American lower leagues or Thailand etc then would we allowed to manage in there as I understand cos they aint official there might be issues but I don't think it makes the challenge easier. I just think it might make it more realistic. 

Obviously if it aint allowed that is fine.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@vikeologistI am thinking of starting this challenge for FM2022 but before I start I was just wondering are we still not allowed to play in unofficial countries or added leagues. Like for example if I wanted to start in the American lower leagues or Thailand etc then would we allowed to manage in there as I understand cos they aint official there might be issues but I don't think it makes the challenge easier. I just think it might make it more realistic. 

Obviously if it aint allowed that is fine.

TL;DR- I'd rather not change the challenge in the middle of FM22.

Generally speaking, I'm reluctant to change the challenge at all. It's just a me thing perhaps. I don't like change. 

That said, I might be open to the idea of changing things for FM23. I think it actually would change the challenge, but then again it might be an excuse to start a new thread, and maybe have a resurgence of interest before the game itself changes the challenge (for instance with the introduction of women's football).

The both good and bad thing about limiting the leagues is that it standardises the challenge, but also means that folk like you and I who've done this challenge a few times fancy a few modifications to the hamster wheel, (not to mention I've been reading about the hamstering for nearly 8 years now).

The league thing was something that was decided by everybody in the first year or so, and on the whole I want the challenge to stay the same, rather than 'evolving'. (I didn't even want to change the starting age 20 thing, but someone started it older, and experiments proved that it made zero difference, although for all I know there are consequences at the other end, e.g. being a very old manager.

It wouldn't bother me if someone started a new challenge with all leagues playable. One of the thoughts behind the limitation originally was to encourage other people to think up new challenges with the custom leagues, which I think has happened.

I don't necessarily want the challenge to go on forever. In fact at one point I wanted to stop the thread (and implicitly the challenge) after 100 pages of the last thread. 'For everything there is a season' etc.

So if all leagues were introduced for FM23, I'd kind of want it to be a year long farewell party for the challenge, (although obviously the challenge wouldn't actually end. I'd just stop overseeing it for FM24). 

Bear in mind that 8 people completing on FM21 was a record for the thread, though of course the glory days of the thread were a while ago.

Finally, when women's football is introduced, I will integrate it into a new Ultimate FM Challenge, and that basically will be new leagues into the challenge. I expect that will happen in FM24. 

Obviously I welcome everybody's thoughts on these matters. Do people want RB's opening up of leagues?

Edited by vikeologist

41 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Generally speaking, I'm reluctant to change the challenge at all. It's just a me thing perhaps. I don't like change. 

That said, I might be open to the idea of changing things for FM23. I think it actually would change the challenge, but then again it might be an excuse to start a new thread, and maybe have a resurgence of interest before the game itself changes the challenge (for instance with the introduction of women's football).

The both good and bad thing about limiting the leagues is that it standardises the challenge, but also means that folk like you and I who've done this challenge a few times fancy a few modifications to the hamster wheel, (not to mention I've been reading about the hamstering for nearly 8 years now).

The league thing was something that was decided by everybody in the first year or so, and on the whole I want the challenge to stay the same, rather than 'evolving'. (I didn't even want to change the starting age 20 thing, but someone started it older, and experiments proved that it made zero difference, although for all I know there are consequences at the other end, e.g. being a very old manager.

It wouldn't bother me if someone started a new challenge with all leagues playable. One of the thoughts behind the limitation originally was to encourage other people to think up new challenges with the custom leagues, which I think has happened.

I don't necessarily want the challenge to go on forever. In fact at one point I wanted to stop the thread (and implicitly the challenge) after 100 pages of the last thread. 'For everything there is a season' etc.

So if all leagues were introduced for FM23, I'd kind of want it to be a year long farewell party for the challenge, (although obviously the challenge wouldn't actually end. I'd just stop overseeing it for FM24). 

Bear in mind that 8 people completing on FM21 was a record for the thread, though of course the glory days of the thread were a while ago.

Finally, when women's football is introduced, I will integrate it into a new Ultimate FM Challenge, and that basically will be new leagues into the challenge. I expect that will happen in FM24. 

Obviously I welcome everybody's thoughts on these matters. Do people want RB's opening up of leagues?

I appreciate the detailed response explaining and I respect you enough to know what you think works and doesn't work. My main issue is only 1 African league as I enjoy managing in the African leagues but the lack of African leagues is more of a general annoyance of FM then an annoyance of the challenge.

For some reason I wanted to start this challenge in America first by maybe starting in the leagues below the MLS and work my way into a job with one of the MLS teams etc.

If we aint allowed to add the lower leagues or America then I could start in the Canadian Premier League couldn't I?

Would that be ok @vikeologist

The Journey Begins

So I have decided to tackle this soul crushing challenge again lol. God help me lol.

Anyway I have decided to start in North America as I hate the MLS structure and would rather get that out of the way.

My aim is to get a Canadian Premier League job and then try get a MLS job if I am doing well with the Canadian team.

Here is my set up. I hope this is all ok @vikeologist

image.thumb.png.73973cb0c3e6791a619d3f9270194b55.png

image.thumb.png.d43160c4dd2c80413ab367febdc5c3b7.png

image.thumb.png.93fff75e7cbde53388dfb5491acdc2d5.png

Only 4 jobs available so it might take me a while to get a job but I don't mind that. 

image.thumb.png.fdbef610db88d50673f86a7b15073ffd.png

There are a lot of International Jobs available that I might be able to get like the Aruba, Saint Lucia, St Kitts & Nevis etc. That would be fun to manage a national team to start off with.

I will update everyone when I get my first job.

This can't be right can it ?

I have just been offered the Mali national team job despite the fact that I am Sunday League reputation and also my attributes as you can see in the post above are rubbish.

This is surely a bug. This wouldn't happen in real life.

What do I do @vikeologist do I accept it or would it be too easy of a start?

Have I messed up in setting up my manager ?

image.thumb.png.490ca2d4c2a5c68b98e7f34c38709adc.png

19 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Sorry. Saw your Canada question on my phone (which I don;t log on to site on).

Canada's fine. Official add on league.

The Mali job, well we have to accept the bad bugs, so I have no objection to the good bugs, but honestly I'm not sure it's a bug. Mali isn't that fantastic an international job. It is possible to get an international job straight away. Not necessarily a good idea to take it.

Edited by vikeologist

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

The Mali job, well we have to accept the bad bugs, so I have no objection to the good bugs, but honestly I'm not sure it's a bug. Mali isn't that fantastic an international job. It is possible to get an international job straight away. Not necessarily a good idea to take it.

Ok awesome I will take the job as Mali have some good players in Haidara, Bissouma, Doucoure, Djenepo etc

I just wanted to check if it was cheating. 

I am using a data update that updates to recent transfers etc so I am just checking are data updates allowed ?

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Ok awesome I will take the job as Mali have some good players in Haidara, Bissouma, Doucoure, Djenepo etc

I just wanted to check if it was cheating. 

I am using a data update that updates to recent transfers etc so I am just checking are data updates allowed ?

The question's never come up before.

Does the update simply change which clubs players are at? Or does it change the attributes of players.

I think that it should probably be ok.

The trouble is that I can't give carte blanche to data updates as they could change which nations clubs are in. For instance, I can't allow people to use the Perugia 150 million one.

What if we say that the only updates allowed are strictly transfer updates? Other than that;

No 'league and data updates' from the workshop.

What do people think? Is this unfair?

36 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

The question's never come up before.

Does the update simply change which clubs players are at? Or does it change the attributes of players.

I think that it should probably be ok.

The trouble is that I can't give carte blanche to data updates as they could change which nations clubs are in. For instance, I can't allow people to use the Perugia 150 million one.

What if we say that the only updates allowed are strictly transfer updates? Other than that;

No 'league and data updates' from the workshop.

What do people think? Is this unfair?

Yeah it doesn't update players attributes as far as I can see from the files.

Also have Perugia got a £150m to spend then ?

Have they been taken over by a billionaire ?

That might be a fun save to do at some point if that is the case.

But yeah I will accept the Mali job and see how I get on. Even if I just stick with them and try win the African Nations it might help bump up my reputation quickly to get other jobs.

Hopefully even if I am Mali manager I can get a club job in North America.

image.jpeg.204b0b37503c70ca5a99dc94fe77d9a9.jpeg

Charlton Athletic 2045/46

Competitions

Premier League - League Table    Results 1    Results 2

A sensational first season in the Prem ended with a 10th placed finish. We started terribly, picking up just 1 point from our first 7 games. 3 wins on the spin gave me hope before another run of 4 losses made me shuffle my tactics, I moved my AM to DM and we instantly improved, losing just 6 of our remaining 24 games. 

F.A. Cup - Results

In what can only be described as a fairytail, we somehow managed to win the FA Cup in our first season as a Prem side. A generous run until the semi finals as we faced 2 Championship sides and 2 Prem sides who were in the championship with us last season. In the last 4 we faced Arsenal and put a super show and walk away 2-0 winners. In the final we faced Liverpool who are not the force they once were and a tight game ended 0-0 after 90 mins. We took the lead 6 mins into extra time only to be pegged back just moments later. It ended 1-1 after 120 mins and went to a dramatic penalty shootout that we managed to win 12-11.

EFL Cup - Results

A big win over Cheltenham before we was spanked by Watford.

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers

We needed a big summer as the majority of the squad from last season were just not good enough for the Prem, We bought in 20 players in total, some with an eye for the future but majority for now and they improved us immensely. I am confident we are building a really talented team here and with a good summer window, the future looks very bright. Key men this season were:

Jonathan Steindl (CB) - The Serbian was signed in the summer and has gone from strength to strength this season and looks a real player for the future. At just 19 I am hoping he can be the rock in our defence for years to come.

Ruben Real (RW) - Signed in January as our wingers weren't performing well enough, The Portuguese winger had an instant impact with 4 assists on his debut. He proved a shrewd signing as he finished the season with 4 goals and 7 assists in 17 starts.

Allan Jessen (ST) - Another January signing who came in and really improved us was the Danish forward. 12 goals in 17 starts is a great return and I am hoping for even more from him next season.

Next Season

Our first season in the Prem has been a dream and is going to be hard to match next season. Winning the F.A. Cup has seen us qualify for the Europa League which will bring in extra games and make our season that bit harder. Still we are building a very talented and young team here and with a busy window ahead, I am hopeful we can challenge for a top 10 place again and keep improving the young players we have here.

Club Career
							Leagues			Cups
Season	Nation		Division	Club		1st	2nd		1st	2nd	Cont.	CWC	Other Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22	S.Africa	Gladbank Champ	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		n/a	n/a	n/a	n/a	Promoted to DSTV Premiership
2022/23	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	5th	n/a		SF	QF	n/a	n/a	Achieved National C coaching badge
2023/24	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	5th	n/a		RU	SF	n/a	n/a	Achieved National B and A coaching badges.
2024/25	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		SF	WIN	n/a	n/a	Achieved Cont. C License and started B license.
2025/26	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		SF	QF	WIN	n/a	Achieved Cont. B License and started A. Resigned on 6/6/26
2026/27	Mexico		Liga MX		Tigres UANL	1st	1st		WIN	R1	WIN	n/a	Achieved Cont. A License and started Pro License.
2027	China		CSL		Guangzhou FC	3rd	n/a		R1	n/a	n/a	n/a	Hired on 12/7/27. Finished Pro License.
2028	China		CSL		Guangzhou FC	1st	n/a		WIN	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won treble. 
2029	Brazil		Serie A		Corinthians	3rd	n/a		SF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Hired on 11/06/29. 
2030	Brazil		Serie A		Corinthians	1st	n/a		WIN	WIN	WIN	n/a	Left at end of contract on 30/12/30.
2031/32	Holland		Eredivisie	Feyernoord	2nd	n/a		Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won KNVB Beker and Europa Conference League
2032/33	Holland		Eredivisie	Feyernoord	2nd	n/a		RU	n/a	GS.	n/a	Won Europa League and Johan Cruuf Schaal.
2033/34	Holland		Eredivisie	Feyernoord	1st	n/a		R2	n/a	L16	n/a	Won League and UEFA Super Cup. Left at end of contract.
2034/35	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	5th	n/a		SF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won UEFA Europa Conference.
2035/36	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	2nd	n/a		SF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Lost in Europa League QF.
2036/37	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	2nd	n/a		SF	n.a	RU	n/a	Lost in Champions League Final.
2037/38	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	1st	n/a		Win	n/a	RU	3rd	Lost in Champions League Final (Again), left at end of contract.
2038/39	Germany		Bundesliga	B Leverkusen	3rd	n/a		RU	n/a	GS	n/a	Took over  in June.
2039/40	Germany		Bundesliga	B Leverkusen	1st	n/a		WIN	n/a	L16	n/a	League and Cup Double.
2040/41	Italy		Serie A		Juventus	1st	n/a		WIN	n/a	WIN	WIN	Won Serie A, Coppa Italia, Champions League and Club World Cup.
2041/42	France		Ligue Un	O. Marseille	3rd	n/a		WIN	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won Coupe de France and Europa League.
2042/43	France		Ligue Un	O. Marseille	1st	n/a		SF	n/a	GS	n/a	Won Ligue Un, Trophees Des Champs and UEFA Super Cup.
2043/44	England		Championship	Charlton Ath.	10th	n/a		R3	R2	n/a	n/a	Took over on 30/10/2043.
2044/45	England		Championship	Charlton Ath.	1st	n/a		R5	R4	n/a	n/a	Promoted from Championship to Premier League
2045/46	England		Championship	Charlton Ath.	10th	n/a		WIN	R3	n/a	n/a	Won The F.A Cup.

International Career

Year	Nation		F.Rank	NL	Cont.	WC	Other Achievmennts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023	Ivory Coast	56th	n/a	n/a	n/a	Took over on 10/09/2023
2024	Ivory Coast	41st	n/a	n/a	n/a	Qualified for 2025 AFCON
2025	Ivory Coast	25th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won 2025 AFCON. Resigned on 2/10/25.
2030	Mexico		21st	n/a	n/a	n/a	Hired on 21/07/30.
2031	Mexico		16th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won 2031 Gold Cup and then resigned.
2032	South Korea	21st	n/a	n/a	n/a	Took over on 20/06/2032
2033	South Korea	16th	n/a	n/a	n/a	Climbed to 16th in FIFA Rankings, won EAFF E-1 Championships.
2034	South Korea	15th	n/a	n/a	QF	Got to World Cup QF.
2035	South Korea	15th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won 2035 AFC Asian Cup. Resigned on 12/02/2035.
2036	England		7th	GS	n/a	n/a	Hired on 13/7/2036
2037	England		5th	n/a	n/a	n/a	Qualified For 2038 World Cup.
2038	England		3rd	n/a	n/a	RU	Lost In World Cup Final To Spain.
2039	England		4th	GS	n/a	n/a	Qualified for EURO 2040.
2040	England		4th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won EURO 2040.
2041	England		3rd	GS	n/a	n/a	Qualified for World Cup 2042.
2042	England		1st	n/a	n/a	WIN	Won World Cup 2042 and then resigned.
2043	Brazil		2nd	n/a	n/a	n/a	Took Over on 20/07/2042 after World Cup.
2044	Brazil		2nd	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won Copa America 2044 and then resignrd.

Challenge Progress

Club
9/10 Top Domestic Leagues
---------------------------
DSTV Prem 24/25 - Cape Town Spurs.
Liga MX 26/27 - Tigres UANL.
CSL 2028 - Guangzhou FC.
Brazil Serie A 2030 - Corinthians.
Eredivisie 2033/34 - Feyernoord.
La Liga 2037/38 - Atletico Madrid.
Bundesliga 2039/40 - Bayer Leverkusen.
Serie A 2040/41 - Juventus.
Ligue Un 2042/43 - O. Marseille.

10/10 Domestic Cups
Telekom Cup 24/25 - Cape Town Spurs.
Copa MX 26/27 - Tigres UANL.
CFA Cup 2028 - Guangzhou FC.
Copa Do Brasil 2030 - Corinthians.
Toto KNVB Beker 31/32 - Feyernoord.
Copa Del Rey 2037/38 - Atletico Madrid.
DFB Pokal 2039/40 - Bayer Leverkusen.
Coppa Italia 2040/41 - Juventus.
Coupe De France 2041/42 - Marseille.
The F.A. Cup 2045/46 - Charlton Athletic.

5/5 Continental Championships 
CAF Champions League 25/26 - Cape Town Spurs.
CONCACAF Champions League 26/27 - Tigres UANL.
AFC Champions League 2028 - Guangzhou FC.
Copa Liberatores 2030 - Corinthians.
UEFA Champions League 2040/41 - Juventus.	

1/1 Club World Championship
-----------------------------
CWC 2041 - Juventus.

International
5/5 Continental Tournaments
2025 AFCON - Ivory Coast.
2031 Gold Cup - Mexico.
2035 AFC Asian Cup - South Korea.
2040 EURO'S - England.
2044 Copa America - Brazil

1/1 World Tournament
World Cup 2042 - England.

31/32

Edited by BigJack

10 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Oh yeah @vikeologist what do you think now then lol 

image.thumb.png.eac3ec51ec7729486b1a13ed27dac711.png

image.thumb.png.c009431962d2517c04ef2b740ba69e84.png

image.thumb.png.a57cf6d6927c27c250392cb7c36e2a6b.png

I had a very good spine of the team with Bissouma being amazing in the middle of midfield alongside brilliant wingers in Djenepo and Marega and rock solid in defense with brilliant goalie Diawara.

I also used a good tactic I have used in a few of my recent saves. I was also very lucky. I didn't cheat with reloading as I genuinely 

was just happy to get through the group stage. The rest was a bonus.

Hopefully with me winning silverware it will help me get some job interviews as I have been rejected for all club jobs so far due to my lack of silverware.

International Career

Season	Nation		Rank	Continental	World Cup	Things to Note

21/22        Mali                           25th           Won African Nations            N/A

Challenge Progress
0/10 Leagues 		
0/10 Cups		
0/5  Continental	
0/1  Worlds

1/5 Continental - African Nations
0/1 Worlds

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

I got my first club job. Canadian Premier teams never seem to sack their managers so I changed tactics and decided to go to the warmer climate of Cancun, Mexico.

image.thumb.png.9b696c8e76199878f763a44d46da321c.png

L25axDPSmrusGiH.thumb.jpg.cdc1e396d4f82ba1b101c228b6e45769.jpgdownload.jpg.935a47e061b16717a9da61b262545ffb.jpgdownload.jpg.1e17615010e1c0979b447ae63af08468.jpg

In real life they have some very nice shirts.

image.thumb.png.98ff783dd6ddc12633aed61afaf2674a.png

No history of silverware gives me a chance to leave a legacy at the club. They have a 20,000 capacity stadium which called Estadio Andres Quintana Roo and it is a beautiful stadium as well.

download.jpg.445f3b5a63dd044baffc9b70f3c322d1.jpg

Club Expectations

image.thumb.png.581bc73d650eea4ec4080a0145915473.png

Nothing majorly hard. I just got to stay in the league and sign players under 23 years old.

I will let you know how I get on when I finish the season.

Oh yeah I also managed to beat Algeria on away goals 3-3 on agg in the World Cup Play Offs. 

image.thumb.png.a39d122cfce89b3dd91a9261cadfac55.png

Edit - I only had 2 league games left to play for the 1st season in charge with Cancun. I won 1 and lost 1. We ended up 13th in the Mexican Expansion League Closing Stages.

image.thumb.png.3c682798932b0818fbd2a91143062927.png

Domestic
Season	Team		Division		Position	MVP	

21/22      Cancun FC              Mexican Expansion League       13th                      Daniel Delgadillo

International Career

Season	Nation		Rank	Continental	World Cup	Things to Note

21/22        Mali                           25th           Won African Nations            N/A

Challenge Progress
0/10 Leagues 		
0/10 Cups		
0/5  Continental	
0/1  Worlds

0/1 Worlds

Crest.png.ca44aaeccd7eb938dd1e838d4d47bd90.png

Red Bull Leipzig: 2038/39 Review

Having clinched the Conference League trophy last season I had ended the clubs hoodoo of never winning a major trophy and that winning mentality was something I was very keen to keep during this, my first full season at the helm. To help that I spent a fair bit of money bringing in eight new players to our squad. I also cleared out a lot of the existing squad members and lost our first choice centre back to Tottenham after his £45,000,000 release clause was met. I was happy enough with what we managed to do in the transfer market though, ahead of a long campaign.

1202763050_FinalTable.png.f2aef54fccf227575fbf2dfd7a8c3487.png

We did really well to clinch 3rd spot and with it qualification for the Champions League next season. We were never in a fight for the league title but after the top two we were definitely the third strongest team. It’s very true that the table never lies. Bridging the gap to Munich and Dortmund is going to prove difficult, but that’s something we’re going to have to do quickly. We had fallen away slightly after losing to Dortmund but recovered brilliantly with six wins in our last seven matches.

610934495_PokalWin.png.e01b0136c6cb99b5176a785eb3de5873.png

We did lift more silverware though, winning the domestic cup after a really great run. We got lucky that both Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich had crashed out early but we still had to be at our best to make the final. A turnaround 2-1 victory over Werder Bremen in the semi final was a real scare, as was the final itself. We held our nerve in the penalty shoot out though and walked away with the second trophy of my reign here.

I’m Europe we did well to win all six of our Europa League group matches but that was as good as it got. We drew Ajax and after a 1-1 draw away we could only muster a 0-1 defeat in the return to crash out really early. Very disappointing after our Conference League win last season.

Although I was disappointed to be so far off the league title the season has to be a success due to our DFB Pokal victory. We did it the hard way but we grabbed the trophy and that was extremely exciting for me. It’s two trophies in a season and a bit here for me now and now it definitely is time to put together a charge for the Bundesliga title. I’ll be focusing on adding some depth to our squad over the summer, especially with Champions League football to come. It’s exciting though and I’m intrigued to see how we will get on.

Season	Club				Competition			Position		Notes & Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22	Jomo Cosmos FC		SA First Division		10th
2022/23	Jomo Cosmos FC		SA First Division		1st (C)
2023/24	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		3rd
2024/25	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		2nd		SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, African Confederations Cup Winners
2025/26	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		2nd
2026/27	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		1st (C)	Premier League Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2027/28	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		2nd		SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners
2028	New York City FC	MLS Eastern Conference		5th
2029	New York City FC	MLS Eastern Conference		3rd
2030	New York City FC	MLS Eastern Conference		1st (C)		NA Champions League Winners, MLS Eastern Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners
2031	New York City FC	MLS Eastern Conference		6th		NA Champions League Winners
2032	New York City FC	MLS Eastern Conference		3rd		NA Champions League Winners, US Cup Winners
2033	Shanghai Shenhua	Chinese Super League		3rd
2034	Shanghai Shenhua	Chinese Super League		1st (C)	Super League Winners, Chinese Cup Winners
2035	Shanghai Shenhua	Chinese Super League		1st (C)	Super League Winners, Chinese Cup Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2036	Shanghai Shenhua	Chinese Super League		1st (C)	Champions League Winners, Super League Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2037/38	Red Bull Leipzig	Bundesliga			9th		Europa Conference League Winners
2038/39	Red Bull Leipzig	Bundesliga			3rd		DFB Pokal Winners

2030-2031		Nigeria
2034-2035		Iran
2035-2037		Mexico
2038-2039		Ivory Coast
2039-present		South Korea

2/10 Top Domestic Leagues		(SA Premier League 2026/27, Chinese Super League 2034)
4/10 Domestic Cups			(SA Cup 2024/25, US Cup 2032, Chinese Cup 2034, 2038/39 DFB Pokal)
2/5 Continental Championships		(NA Champions League 2030, Asian Champions League 2036)
0/1 Club World Championship

1/5 Continental Tournaments		(Gold Cup 2037)         
0/1 World Tournament 

TOTAL: 9/32

Crest.png.9e08aa655e79e7cc669aebc68fca5b2e.png

Red Bull Leipzig: 2039/40 Review

Another season draws to a close, my second at the helm of this football club. Having clinched the domestic cup last season it was all about trying to add the Bundesliga title to our cabinet and that was our main aim. I focused my transfer activities on adding some depth, and we managed to bring in some real good players. I focused on youth and that did mean spending a fair bit more than I probably should have though.

Initially it looked as though my activities in the market had failed miserably though as we suffered a humiliating 0-3 defeat to Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund in the German Super Cup curtain raiser.

Table.png.f56d1783d3f3bb0d899c955169475bb4.png

Another third placed finish although this season has to go down as a what if campaign. We started the campaign like a train, going unbeaten until defeat to Borussia Dortmund twelve matches in. We topped the table until the halfway point when everything just seemed to derail. A run of ten matches without a win saw us slip way off the pace in the league, and also suffer an early elimination in our defence of the DFB Pokal. 

I tried to solve our problems with a player I know well, as we moved to sign 29-year old South Korean winger Choi Seung Ryul. I managed him during my time with New York City but he had fallen way out of favour with Dortmund. We forked our £20,000,000 to bring him in and it really paid off. We were unbeaten after his arrival at the end of January and climbed back up the table to clinch our 3rd placed finish.

The Champions League was cruel on us as we failed to get through the group stage. We were pipped by Manchester United and Real Madrid to finish in 3rd and drop into the Europa League. Our one real highlight coming in a fantastic 3-0 victory at home against Real Madrid.

The Europa League was much kinder to us, especially after we saw off bitter rivals Bayern Munich in the quarter finals on penalties. AS Roma were comfortably dispatched in the semi finals, hooking us a final in Ireland against the team I support, arsenal. We would enter as underdogs, but I was hoping to show progress and gain a third trophy in just my third season (two and a half real) at the helm.

1631009028_ELFinal.png.6f6c2d0efa25157fd2413331b140d1ca.png

We put in a tremendous display to clinch the second continental trophy of my era whilst dismantling the team I love. We took the lead on three separate occasions with the third being extended to a two goal lead shortly after. Although we conceded late on to bring it back to just a one goal lead we held on to win an absolutely epic European cup final. A superb performance capped with January arrival Choi Seung Ryul scoring twice and laying on an assist during a man of the match display.

Domestically it was a frustrating campaign but has to be considered a success by lifting the Europa League trophy. We really threw away a good opportunity in the Bundesliga though and that is a real down point for me. I have already attended an interview and then swiftly rejected the job with champions Bayern Munich as in truth I don’t think my side is that far off challenging them. I’d find it much more of a personal success to lift this league title with Leipzig rather than jumping ship to the reigning champions. I’ve been presented a huge transfer budget of a little over £130,000,000 and I am confident I can build a side that will build upon two consecutive third place finishes and challenge for the league title. I hope so as I feel like I need to get out of Germany fairly soon now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		2nd		SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, African Confederations Cup Winners
2026/27	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		1st (C)	Premier League Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2027/28	Kaizer Chiefs		SA Premier League		2nd		SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners
2030	New York City FC	MLS Eastern Conference		1st (C)		NA Champions League Winners, MLS Eastern Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners
2032	New York City FC	MLS Eastern Conference		3rd		NA Champions League Winners, US Cup Winners
2034	Shanghai Shenhua	Chinese Super League		1st (C)	Super League Winners, Chinese Cup Winners
2035	Shanghai Shenhua	Chinese Super League		1st (C)	Super League Winners, Chinese Cup Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2036	Shanghai Shenhua	Chinese Super League		1st (C)	Champions League Winners, Super League Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2039/40	Red Bull Leipzig	Bundesliga			3rd		Europa League Winners

2030-2031		Nigeria
2034-2035		Iran
2035-2037		Mexico	(Gold Cup 2037)
2038-2039		Ivory Coast
2039-present		South Korea	(East Asian Cup 2040)

2/10 Top Domestic Leagues		(SA Premier League 2026/27, Chinese Super League 2034)
4/10 Domestic Cups			(SA Cup 2024/25, US Cup 2032, Chinese Cup 2034, 2038/39 DFB Pokal)
2/5 Continental Championships		(NA Champions League 2030, Asian Champions League 2036)

0/1 World Tournament 

TOTAL: 9/32

milan.png.3459d5a1a7e9d3d847bbc254e09060ef.png

AC Milan Season 2027/38 Review

LeagueAs previously said we took over after 14 games sitting in 6th but we were only 7 points off the top and only a point off of 4th which was the first target. We had 2 games before the winter break a win over Parma and a loss to Inter left me feeling like a lot of work was needed from us. As a result I decided that in jan I would make a start on rebuilding the squad which meant moving old players on and bringing in younger players to develop (my standard move really) we had a run of bottom half teams in Jan which meant we built some form and confidence but something wasn't clicking and then in Fen we had a game at Roma that changed everything. We lost 1-0 despite being the better side and for the first time I felt I needed to change our tactics. My best DM was also our best CB and I couldn't find anyone in Jan to play the role so was trying out different players but no one really worked so I got rid of the DM, moved him to AMC and went from 433 to 4231 and well we just clicked (who knew putting your best players in their best roles instead of shoehorning them into your preferred set up would work?) In the final 12 games of the season we won 10 and drew 2 (including 2-2 with Inter when he had a 95th minute goal ruled out) which meant we overtook Inter at the top and won the league by 2 points. 

Champions LeagueIronically we were in the same group as my previous side Dortmund but as Dortmund manager I had already won the group before moving. We beat Molde in my first game in charge to secure 2nd. Gave us Lyon (best side in France now PSG have new owners) a good home win before a narrow away loss saw us through. Man Utd next a good win at home before holding them 0-0 away put us in the semi finals. City smashed us. We didn't lay a glove on them and I hate them. They or Bayern have made the final every single season in this save and have played each other 4 times in the final alone. Champions League might be my white whale of this save now

CupA nice routine run to the final where we beat Inter. the confidence from this saw us over the line in the league

Transfersas you can tell, in Jan I sold old players and started to bring in players for the next few years

SquadIt's a work in process but ended up being enough to win the league (they were a squad that had finished 2nd in 4 of the previous 5 seasons so the quailty was always there)

Career Overview

Season	     Club			Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements
2021/22      Black Leopards		Championship		5th 		Took over after 11 games down in 15th place
2022/23	     Black Leopards		Championship		1st 		Promotion. Got 1st coaching badge and started on the 2nd 
2023/24	     Mamelodi Sundowns		Premiership		1st 		Won all domestic cups, African Champions League, got 2nd and 3rd coaching badges
2025	     Shanghai Shenhua		Jia League		1st 		Won promotion as league winners, won the Chinese FA Cup, Got continental B licence 
2026	     Shanghai Shenhua		Super League		1st 		Won League and Asian Champions League
2027	     New York Red Bulls		MLS			1st 		Lost in MLS Cup Semi Final, Lost in Cup final
2028	     New York Red Bulls		MLS			1st 		Won MLS Cup, Won US Open Cup
2029	     New York Red Bulls		MLS			2nd 		Won North American Champions League, finished coaching badges, left club after 19 games
2029/30      Red Bull Salzburg		Bundesliga		1st 		Won the cup
2030	     Santos			Serie A			2nd		Took over on 15/7/30, won Copa Lib, won Cup
2031	     Santos			Serie A			1st 
2031/32      Liverpool			Premier League		5th 		Took over with 7 games left
2032/33      Liverpool			Premier League		1st 		FA Cup winners, League Runners Up, Europa League Runners Up
2033/34      Liverpool			Premier League		1st 		Club World Cup winners, Left on Feb 6th
2033/34      Dortmund			Bundesliga		4th 		Took over Feb 6th in 5th place
2034/35      Dortmund			Bundesliga		2nd	
2035/36      Dortmund			Bundesliga		2nd 	
2036/37      Dortmund			Bundesliga		1st 		Won Cup, qualified for world cup	
2037/38      AC Milan			Serie A			1st 		Took over in 6th after 14 games. Won the Cup	
Year		Nation			Honours
2024		Egypt
2025		Egypt			ACON winners 2025
2027		South Korea
2028		South Korea		Qualified to final group stage in World Cup Qualifying 
2029		South Korea		Qualified for World Cup, got to 14th in the world
2030		South Korea		Knocked out of World Cup in 2nd round, 15th in the world
2031		South Korea		Won Asian Cup. 12th in the world
2033		England			Won Nations League, 1st in the world
2033		England			Qualified for the World Cup
2034		England			Won World Cup
2035		Mexico			Won Gold Cup
2037		Brazil			Qualified for World Cup

Challenge Progress

8/10 top domestic – South Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundowns) China 2026 (Shanghai Shenhua), USA 2028 (New York Red Bulls) Austria 2030 (Red Bull Salzburg) Brazil 2031 (Santos) England 2033 (Liverpool), Germany 2037 (Dortmund) Italy 2038 (AC Milan)
8/10 top domestic cups – South Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundowns), China 2025 (Shanghai Shenhua), USA 2028 (New York Red Bulls) Austria 2030 (Red Bull Salzburg) Brazil 2030 (Santos) England 2033 (Liverpool), Germany 2037 (Dortmund) Italy 2038 (AC Milan)
4/5 club continental – Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundows) Asia 2026 (Shanghai Shenhua), North America 2029 (New York Red Bulls) South America 2030 (Santos)
1/1 club world championship – Liverpool 2033

3/5 continental competitions – Africa 2025 (Egypt) Asia 2031 (South Korea) North America 2035 (Mexico)
1/1 world tournaments – England 2034

What's next?

I don't know now, I planned on being here for at least 2 or 3 seasons so to have Italy wrapped up in 6 months feels a little anti climatic tbh. Have the world cup this summer (my Brazil side will be aiming for the win) so hoping some jobs in france or Spain come up from that. Might just leave Milan now rather than wait though. We'll see. 

brazil-2-min.jpg.a55058545cd4467308524b583153885e.jpg

World Cup 2038 Review

First Round

Norway 0-1 Brazil -  a nervy opening game from us as we dominated but couldn't find a way through till midway through the 2nd hlaf

Brazil 3-0 Morocco - a semi rotated side had us 3 up by the break. Cruised the 2nd half resting players where I could

Second Round (If applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 6-0 Guinea - a very rotated side here played them off the park as we were 6 up before HT and again I got to rest key players with the hope it keeps them fresh for deeper in the tournament 

Third Round (If applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 3-0 Germany - a very big game against the 2nd ranked team in the world, our players freshness helps as we score early then again just before HT before a late 3rd puts the gloss on the result

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 3-0 England - defending champions and my former team come unstuck as we wore them down. All 3 goals coming in the final 25 mins as again our slightly (at this stage it's minimal I feel) fresher players lasted longer

Semi Final (If applicable)

Spoiler

Columbia 2-3 Brazil - the team we've struggled against most since being here, they again caused us problems but we were clinical where they were wasteful. Our keeper really won us this game with a string of saves 

Final (If applicable)

Spoiler

Argentina 3-2 Brazil - think I'd be killed if this was real life. Losing the final to the arch rivals. Was a back and forth game with us taking the lead twice but when they scored just after HT to make it 3-2 we couldn't find a way through so finish runners up

Aftermath

Thankfully I wasn't sacked for losing to Argentina which was ideal as my target has been the 2040 Copa America. Domestically I have also left Milan now with the hope of a job coming up after the post world cup merry go round but otherwise will just stick with Brazil for a season or 2 till the right job turns up. 

Career Overview

Year		Nation			Honours
2024		Egypt
2027		South Korea
2038		Brazil			World Cup runners up. 3rd in the world

Vikeologist's 2025 Cameroon ACON Report

On 23/05/2022 at 23:57, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Oh yeah @vikeologist what do you think now then lol 

I think that my first ACON is likely to offer an interesting contrast with your fortunes.

Doing one of my occasional palate cleansers from the other challenge by doing this.

Found it hard to get back into, and one of the reasons is that I’m in charge of a Cameroon team that is, what’s the word? Rubbish. We finished behind Cape Verde in our AfNat qualifying, but 2nd place was enough and here we are. Frankly, I expect to do so badly I’ll be sacked but then, that wouldn’t be the end of the world. I plan to apply for pretty much every other available job at the end of the tourny anyway. The FA expect me to reach the quarter finals. I’d be amazed if that happened.

Group Stage

Spoiler

Cameroon          0-0    South Africa

Good grief. 2 of our best players went off injured in the first half, (both out for 2 weeks, which may be effectively the whole tournament), and  2 of our players were sent off in the second half. I guess the good thing is that in a game we couldn’t afford to lose, we didn’t lose.

Cameroon          2-0    Zimbabwe

A win, but South Africa beat Ivory Coast which means that we need at least a draw in our final match.

Cameroon          3-3    Ivory Coast

Ivory Coast’s final goal was in injury time, but this was still quite a stressful end to end match.

In the end we topped the group, and actually some 3rd placed teams go through. However, we have a tough next opponent in Ghana, the highest ranked African team.

Second Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Cameroon          4-2    Ghana

I’ll be honest. This is quite a good victory. I’m not going to be sacked, but there will now be quite a few plum jobs to apply for. We do have another difficult match next though.

Quarterfinals (if applicable)

Spoiler

Cameroon          2-1    Algeria

Blimey, we in the semi-finals. Not saying it wasn’t tight. Not saying the team is playing great, but they don’t look terrible anymore.

Interestingly our next opponents are The Gambia who are ranked really low and have had an easy path so far. Still, beating good teams and very losing to absolute donkeys in tournaments is very Vikeologist, so I’m not taking anything for granted.

Semi-Finals (if applicable)

Spoiler

Cameroon           4-1             The Gambia

Very one-sided. The bad news is that the other semi-final was as well, and we have a tough match in the final against Nigeria, who’ve won every match so far comfortably.

Final / 3rd Place Playoff (if applicable)

Spoiler

Cameroon          1-3             Nigeria

When we went a goal up and were dominating possession, I thought the miracle was going to happen, but in the end, Nigeria’s quality told.

After The Tournament

Spoiler

I can’t be too unhappy. I’ve scouted lots of the other nations, with a view to applying for jobs, and Cameroon were far from the best team.

I still think I made a good choice taking this job over the DR Congo one based on the Team Report, but I’m definitely going to try to get a better African job now. I’ve applied for 4 (although Tunisia was a mistake).

And all 4 want me, so now I have to decide between Ghana, Ivory Coast and Morocco.

Actually, it’s not even a hard decision. Morocco’s squad looks amazing. The only problem is that they’re in a really tough World Cup Qualifying group. They’ve drawn their first 2 matches and if we don’t win the group, I’ll probably be sacked. However, I don’t think anyone will be able to beat us. I’m going to bet on that.

If they can play my tactics, we're going to destroy everybody. I can't wait.

Domestic
Season	Team		Division		Position	MVP				Notes										
22/23	Oldham		England League 2	11th		Jayson Leutwiler 		Took over after 21 matches in 23rd and steered them to safety.
23/24	Oldham		England League 2	3rd		Carlos Tevez			Promoted on last day of the season.
24/25	Oldham		England League 2							Left after 19 matches with Oldham in 10th place
24/25	QPR		England Championship	13th		Rob Dickie			Took over after 18 matches in 22nd (relegation) place. FA Cup Q/F

International
Year			Team				Achievements
2024-2025		Cameroon			Acon Finalists	
2025-			Morocco	

Challenge Progress 0/32

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues 			
 0/10 domestic cups 								
 0/5 club continental championships		
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments 		
 0/1 World Cup	

Edited by vikeologist

Cancun/Mali Season 22/23 Season

image.thumb.png.3daaa83fc44403762f5431da6393cc53.png

I managed to win the opening and closing stage of the Mexican Expansion League and I am now going to be playing with Cancun in the Mexican First Division next season. 

image.thumb.png.e84251a4cc6a1ed63c3143e242ff8d85.png

Player Of The Season

Fernando Garcia - 18 Year Old Mexican Striker

image.thumb.png.a06539e8919d622a30c37fd66acf65fc.png

I managed to qualify for the World Cup with Mali but we failed to qualify past the group stages. We drew 2-2 with USA, We lost to Brazil 2-0 and then managed to beat Slovenia 1-0.

image.thumb.png.e3c7da7d6bdc5e8dec35449fd6fd65b5.png

I am only sticking with Mali for now until another International job comes along.

Domestic

21/22      Cancun FC              Mexican Expansion League       13th                      Daniel Delgadillo

22/23       Cancun FC              Mexican Expansion League        2nd                       Fernando Garcia

International Career

Season	Nation		Rank	   Continental	            World Cup	          

21/22        Mali                           25th           Won African Nations                         N/A

22/23        Mali                           23rd           Qualified To The World Cup           Failed To Get Past The Group Stage 

Challenge Progress
0/10 Leagues 		
0/10 Cups		
0/5  Continental	
0/1  Worlds

0/1 Worlds

image.png

Next Step In My Career

I have been applying for jobs as I know I achieved everything I could with Cancun who has a very limited squad so I applied for some of the top clubs in Mexico and USA and eventually I managed to get a top job with PUMAS 

image.thumb.png.306147d861c412b75d4bdd48df23fc52.png

Pumas are a definite step up with their prestige and silverware achieved over the years. 

They also have a massive 68,954 capacity stadium, Excellent Youth Recruitment & also Superb Training and Youth Facilities.

Pumas also qualified for the NACL but I aint expecting to do much this season in that competition. I just want to try get to grips with the squad with the aim of winning silverware the following season.

image.thumb.png.f812970a16621313db099568b13b014e.pngimage.thumb.png.187691f1c0c76088ae653702f96b3227.png

Fairly straight forward club expectations with us to develop players from the youth academy and sign players under 23 years old. The board want me to reach the NACL semi's so we will see. I think that is a bit hard to do in my first season but I am hopeful we can do it.

I have inherited a good, young squad with all of my best players being under 30 years old.

image.thumb.png.0354341345daac54854aad72ac810566.png

I still haven't had the opportunity to change International teams yet. I am currently in the quarter finals of the African Cup Of Nations but as I have already won this I wont need to post it in here.

Despite having won La Liga and the Bundesliga, getting a job at the top level of Europe was very difficult after my spells in Mexico and South Africa. Finally, though, Marseille picked me up. 

image.png.b20072fa2ac1581cbbe7cee77b520d45.png

However, nearly 15 years in the future, PSG has completely locked down the league with them continuing their win streak from the start of the save. I was able to nab the Coupe de France off them, though. 

image.png.68b3d3eecb35b8caae615d425f23bbfe.png

I finished in second place in Ligue 1 but was nearly 15 points behind PSG. There would be a long struggle to overcome them. However, Liverpool reached out to me for a job interview and I couldn't resist the call from a talented, rich club. As an apology to Ligue 1, I took on their National Team while getting ready for a World Cup and European Championship. 

image.png.d16ac4db278855f2dd4b3e85761c4b6c.png

image.png.59bea21b7445f056ed42b92f37e66c02.png

In my first season at Liverpool, I won the FA Cup but the season was otherwise labeled as a disaster. I was unable to qualify for Champions League and the board called a meeting to discuss my future. With the board asking for my last words, I asked them "who are you going to hire that's better than me?" as a cynical retort to what I assumed was a decision already made. Much to my surprise, they agreed. I was kept on for another year. 

image.png.f9be5853d0547d0d16b8cd54cc79a88c.png

Trophies: 22/32

Scope League Year Team
Club Premier League    
Club Ligue 1    
Club Bundesliga 2032 Borussia Dortmund
Club La Liga 2033 Atletico de Madrid
Club Serie A    
Club MLS Cup 2024 Los Angeles Galaxy
Club Chinese Super League 2026 Guangzhou Evergrande
Club Serie A (Brazil) 2030 Santos
Club Liga MX Aperatura 2033 Cruz Azul
Club DSTV Premiership (SA) 2035 Kaizer Chiefs
Club US Open Cup 2025 Los Angeles Galaxy
Club Chinese FA 2026 Guangzhou Evergrande
Club DFB-Pokal 2032 Borussia Dortmund
Club Copa del Rey 2033 Atletico de Madrid
Club Copa MX 2034 Cruz Azul
Club Telkom Knockout (SA) 2034 Kaizer Chiefs
Club Nedbank Cup (SA) 2035 Kaizer Chiefs
Club Coupe de France 2038 Olympique de Marseille
Club FA Cup 2039 Liverpool
Club Domestic Cup 10    
Club UEFA CL    
Club NACL 2034 Cruz Azul
Club Copa Libertadores 2030 Santos
Club Asian CL 2027 Guangzhou Evergrande
Club African CL 2036 Kaizer Chiefs
Club Club World Cup    

International Euros    
International Gold Cup    
International Copa America 2032 Argentina
International African Cup 2022 Ghana
International Asian Cup    
International World Cup    

Edited by remix951

brazil-2-min.jpg.a55058545cd4467308524b583153885e.jpg

Copa America 2040 Review - Brazil

Group Stage

Ecuador 0-1 Brazil - a nervy game saw us grab the win with a goal 10 minutes before HT
Brazil 4-0 Costa Rica - the games come every 3 or so days in the group stage so every other game I rotated the starting 11 and the rotated side cruised here 
Brazil 7-0 Peru - first team smashed a very poor Peru side 
Brazil 3-0 Bolivia - our rotated team beat the hosts
Columbia 1-1 Brazil - our main South American rivals here and we took an early lead and basically, no matter what I did, just tried to ride out the game and as a result Columbia battered us but it took them till the 87th minute to score. We held on to secure the group win over them

Quarter Finals (If applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 4-0 Paraguay - I took a risk here, there was 10 days between our last group game and this one but only 1 day off before the semi finals so this was my rotated team and they thankfully won comfortably 

Semi Finals (If applicable)

Spoiler

Columbia 1-2 Brazil - Another even game between the two of us (this really was the final as the other semi was Costa Rica vs Ecuador) we grabbed the lead right on HT with a goal from a corner, we double our lead right after the break before they pulled one back on 90 mins but we held on to make the final

Final (If applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 3-0 Ecuador - a very comfortable win in the final for us with 2 goals in the final 10 mins of the 1st half as both out CBs scored from corners, we added a 3rd with 10 mins to go to secure it

Aftermath

After 4 years with Brazil I left and currently have no job at all as in the 2 years since I left AC Milan I have not found a single job. No top sides in France of Spain have changed managers but all the top clubs in England and Italy seem to have but they just seem to move between leagues annoyingly. We did come close a couple of times in Barcelona job was very insecure but then they won the Champions league. Man City job was open (and they not once but twice offered me an interview) and the PSG manager was favourite for it but in the end they appointed Arteta who had replaced me years ago at Dortmund. Euro's about to finish though so hoping that will free up a job somewhere. I still need to win the Euro's but think I may wait till after the World Cup in 2 years to get a European nation so i can focus on club football first.

Career Progress

Season	     Club			Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements
2021/22      Black Leopards		Championship		5th 		Took over after 11 games down in 15th place
2022/23	     Black Leopards		Championship		1st 		Promotion. Got 1st coaching badge and started on the 2nd 
2023/24	     Mamelodi Sundowns		Premiership		1st 		Won all domestic cups, African Champions League, got 2nd and 3rd coaching badges
2025	     Shanghai Shenhua		Jia League		1st 		Won promotion as league winners, won the Chinese FA Cup, Got continental B licence 
2026	     Shanghai Shenhua		Super League		1st 		Won League and Asian Champions League
2027	     New York Red Bulls		MLS			1st 		Lost in MLS Cup Semi Final, Lost in Cup final
2028	     New York Red Bulls		MLS			1st 		Won MLS Cup, Won US Open Cup
2029	     New York Red Bulls		MLS			2nd 		Won North American Champions League, finished coaching badges, left club after 19 games
2029/30      Red Bull Salzburg		Bundesliga		1st 		Won the cup
2030	     Santos			Serie A			2nd		Took over on 15/7/30, won Copa Lib, won Cup
2031	     Santos			Serie A			1st 
2031/32      Liverpool			Premier League		5th 		Took over with 7 games left
2032/33      Liverpool			Premier League		1st 		FA Cup winners, League Runners Up, Europa League Runners Up
2033/34      Liverpool			Premier League		1st 		Club World Cup winners, Left on Feb 6th
2033/34      Dortmund			Bundesliga		4th 		Took over Feb 6th in 5th place
2034/35      Dortmund			Bundesliga		2nd	
2035/36      Dortmund			Bundesliga		2nd 	
2036/37      Dortmund			Bundesliga		1st 		Won Cup, qualified for world cup	
2037/38      AC Milan			Serie A			1st 		Took over in 6th after 14 games. Won the Cup	
Year		Nation			Honours
2024		Egypt
2027		South Korea
2038		Brazil			World Cup runners up. 3rd in the world
2040		Brazil			Won Copa America. 2nd in the world rankings

Challenge Progress

8/10 top domestic – South Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundowns) China 2026 (Shanghai Shenhua), USA 2028 (New York Red Bulls) Austria 2030 (Red Bull Salzburg) Brazil 2031 (Santos) England 2033 (Liverpool), Germany 2037 (Dortmund) Italy 2038 (AC Milan)
8/10 top domestic cups – South Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundowns), China 2025 (Shanghai Shenhua), USA 2028 (New York Red Bulls) Austria 2030 (Red Bull Salzburg) Brazil 2030 (Santos) England 2033 (Liverpool), Germany 2037 (Dortmund) Italy 2038 (AC Milan)
4/5 club continental – Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundows) Asia 2026 (Shanghai Shenhua), North America 2029 (New York Red Bulls) South America 2030 (Santos)
1/1 club world championship – Liverpool 2033

4/5 continental competitions – Africa 2025 (Egypt) Asia 2031 (South Korea) North America 2035 (Mexico), South America 2040
1/1 world tournaments – England 2034

International Job Change

image.thumb.png.c4b23453c18b14e37e930428c78f75c0.png

I resigned from the Mali manager's position after winning the AFCON for the 2nd time and managing to get them to their highest ever position of 13th in the Nations Rankings and my choices of nations to take over were Costa Rica, Honduras and Trinidad & Tobago. I took the Costa Rica job with the aim of winning the Gold Cup.

Vikeologist's 2024/5 QPR Report

After saving QPR from relegation the second half of last season, I’d have loved to be able to move straight on to a Premiership club, but there weren’t many decent jobs came out (I did apply to top half of the table Southampton but didn’t even get an interview), so I figured my best chance was if I could get QPR promoted which I did, even winning the title on the final day of the season.

As I’ve suggested in my notes below, it was easyish; we were always at the top of the table, but there was some element of doubt until right near the end.

Unfortunately there still aren’t any decent jobs to apply for. I’d kind of like to get a job with a team playing in Europe now, but hopefully actually winning something will put me in good stead. I'm adding the other big 4 top divisions to increase my odds.

The question is do I keep doing this challenge or go back to my Scotland nation building, which has been pretty much built as much as it’s ever going to be.

Atm I plan to keep doing this, but I have no enthusiasm for QPR, so if I don’t get a better job soon I can see myself losing interest. I’m not going to put much work into QPR.

Top Goalscorer - Macauley Bonne – 14

The same guy as last season. I did sign a new striker, but he was injured a lot and didn’t score all that much even when he played. Bonne isn’t that great, but the team as a whole scored enough, and we conceded the fewest goals in the division. I’ll definitely need another new striker for the Premier League though.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui – 7.42

A central defender who was also in my Cameroon squad (albeit on the bench) for the ACON. He wants a big pay rise, but he’s 34 and has about 3 years left, so he’s going to be disappointed.

Man of The Match – 3 players – 5

Most Valuable Player– Ilias Chair

Chair is still our only good left winger, so in a poor field, I guess it’s him, because the player who is supposedly our best player, my defensive midfielder, didn’t actually play particularly well, and is now leaving on a free at the age of 34.

Domestic
Season	Team		Division		Position	MVP			Notes										
21/22	Oldham		England League 2	11th		Jayson Leutwiler 	Took over after 21 matches in 23rd and steered them to safety.
22/23	Oldham		England League 2	3rd		Carlos Tevez		Promoted on last day of the season.
23/24	Oldham		England League 2						Left after 19 matches with Oldham in 10th place
23/24	QPR		England Championship	13th		Rob Dickie		Took over after 18 matches in 22nd (relegation) place. FA Cup Q/F
/25	QPR		England Championship	1st		Ilias Chair		Comfortable promotion, but not super-comfortable.

International
Year			Team				Achievements
2024-2025		Cameroon			Acon Finalists	
2025-			Morocco	

Challenge Progress 0/32

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues 			
 0/10 domestic cups 								
 0/5 club continental championships		
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments 		
 0/1 World Cup	

Edited by vikeologist

Previous:

On 14/05/2022 at 16:21, Anners said:

Previous:

2027/28 Season Report

Club: Ajax (Netherlands)

Ajax Amsterdam.svg

Surpriiiiiiise! I was a bit shocked the Ajax job came up after the end of the 26/27 season with Rennes, but I jumped at the chance to get what I thought might be a relatively simple double in Netherlands. With PSG having such a stranglehold, I didn't want to spend time in France where it would be a bit wasted.

League - Cup - Europe

2027 28 league win
2027 28 cup win

Netherlands Eredivisie:
What I thought would be a relatively simple, as I said above, season did turn out to be rather... interesting? When the top 3 in the country lose a combined total of 3 league games, there's always some sort of hiccups! We ended up taking the title with 2 games remaining.

TOTO KNVB Beker:
We keep up this record of always appearing in a cup final as we won 2-0 in the final v PSV. This was actually an incredibly awkward competition for us. We beat Sparta in extra time in the third round, only just edged out Feyenoord away in the Quarters and strangely strugged against lower division side Almere City in the Semi Final. The Final itself was the only game I felt somewhat comfortable!

UEFA Champions League:
I wasn't expecting much here. A huge come from behind victory against Juventus saw us progress from the Group Stage before we eventually fell to... PSG. I can't get away from them it seems! I'm not expecting to win the Champions League with Ajax, so it's not a top priority for me here.

I'll be trying to move to a major European club from Ajax - I'll be trying to get the 5 specific European leagues most likely before moving away from the continent and going on my world adventure.

However, we've got a return on the international stage...

France appointment

History:

2028/29 Season Report:

Club: Real Madrid (Spain)

Real Madrid CF.svgShirt badge/Association crest

Left off last season with getting the France job, but Jurgen Klopp resigning and wanting to go for the Germany job left the Real Madrid open!
Real Madrid appointment

League - Cup - Europe

2028 29 league win2028 29 cup win2028 29 cl win

I'll take that!! Real Madrid had won both the Champions League and La Liga the year before, so this might be the most fortunate move I'll ever get in this career.

La Liga:
Not much to say here really as the table speaks for itself. Completely dominant and never looked in any real danger of not coming home top. Barcelona matched us for the first third of the season, but our consistency throughout was magnificent.

Copa Del Rey:
This cup record I've got continues! Only Barcelona really put up any sort of fight in the Semi Final, but we despatched of them fairly comfortably 4-1 on aggregate. A tight 1-0 in the final against Granada meant we take home the Cup.

UEFA Champions League:
This was fairly straightforward, apart from the Champions League final! I thought we'd managed to achieve a very unlikely win within 90 minutes before Haaland popped up in the 90th minute. Incredibly, we held on for another 30 minutes and managed to pip PSG on penalties.

History:

image.thumb.png.793b6ac40f34b43a9b6c796e8c4e5273.png

Just after doing that round-up, I was taking a look at the Club World Cup and how the South American sides were getting on... to which I noticed the Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana hasn't been playing properly. I've had a look through the forum, but not sure there's a fix.

Anyone know if it's fixable? Otherwise I'll have to try and restart the whole challenge I guess.

image.png.6f4433894def5732543da61c364af99d.png

On 22/05/2022 at 12:42, vikeologist said:

Perhaps it can be something for people who have already completed the challenge once? Kind of like other video games where you beat the campaign normally and then a challenge mode is available. 

2039-2040

Given another lease on life with Liverpool, I made a few big moves to try and patch up my weaknesses. I needed every single dollar spent as I won the league on goal differential. 

image.png.f625f91d616b7842ea0394bbfa1bdd46.png

image.png.1868ff73d32d81f868f3b19e5fdcfa66.png

It was a nerveracking year but I get to move on from the EPL which has been my toughest endeavor to date. I only have the Serie A, Ligue 1, one more league cup, UEFA Champions League, and the Club World Cup to go in the domestic game. My international shortcomings are going to bite me as I still need the Asian Cup, the Euros, the Gold Cup, and the World Cup. That will probably take another six to eight seasons, unfortunately. 

9 hours ago, Anners said:

Just after doing that round-up, I was taking a look at the Club World Cup and how the South American sides were getting on... to which I noticed the Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana hasn't been playing properly. I've had a look through the forum, but not sure there's a fix.

Anyone know if it's fixable? Otherwise I'll have to try and restart the whole challenge I guess.

image.png.6f4433894def5732543da61c364af99d.png

If a competition doesn't start, then it's unlikely to fix itself. I haven't heard of this happening (again, because it happened once a few years ago, and killed just about every Ultimate Challenge going on at that time). Please report it, or link to where someone else has, (and everybody else check it's not happening in their game). I hope you don't have to restart, but it's unlikely to happen to only one person.

4 hours ago, remix951 said:

Perhaps it can be something for people who have already completed the challenge once? Kind of like other video games where you beat the campaign normally and then a challenge mode is available. 

Perhaps, I'd have to ask if we can have a hidden thread on the site which you can only see if you're sent a link. :p 

Edited by vikeologist

2040 - 2041

Notch another one on the tally, the long drought without an international cup is over!

image.png.42eddc83d39d9f4b268de36eba8dec26.png

Germany made it incredibly difficult, and made me sweat when they scored their goal in the 90'+4, but we were able to lock down the match. However, as the media would point out later, my squad had 15 players who were over the age of 30. The talent base in France was aging and there were not many youngsters stepping into the void. Spain came to me and asked me to helm their team into the World Cup and...vamanos!

image.png.3c9d83de49a5f52440981b1a3351f4c2.png

I had left Liverpool before the Euros and was looking for a new domestic club. I only have Ligue 1 and Serie A left to conquer and would need to have a team that could overtake PSG or Juventus, respectively. It wouldn't hurt if the team had the cash and facilities to help me win the Champions League and the Club World Cup, to boot. After sitting out a full season, I found myself back in familiar territory...

image.png.2034e35bc70b73fdc8d05faa1b2f8e73.png

Marseille had finished just seven points shy of PSG the year prior and were in the Champions League. They also gave me $100M to work with. Now, I get to work trying to take down the giant that has not lost a Ligue 1 championship in decades. 

Trophies: 24/32

Scope League Year Team
Club Premier League 2040 Liverpool
Club Ligue 1    
Club Serie A    
Club Domestic Cup 10    
Club UEFA CL    
Club NACL 2034 Cruz Azul
Club Club World Cup    

International Euros 2040 France
International Gold Cup    
International Asian Cup    
International World Cup    

Pumas/Costa Rica - 23-24 Season

download.png.2717ff8026b5974ad41877dd52fa2f04.pngdownload.png.6fefe0cf34c58983a9c0486166b6ad40.png

Competitions

image.thumb.png.e84a2870a9d7af17d86b0c853b6fd47b.png

I smashed it in my first proper season with Pumas with me inheriting such a good squad and also bringing in some good additions in the transfer windows.

I managed to win the Opening and Closing stages of the Mexican First Division and also surprising I managed to win the NACL at my first attempt. 

Opening Stage League Table

image.thumb.png.76caf052a7266f6d8bce3b96336449c7.png

Closing Stage League Table

image.thumb.png.f54d4fa1cd802c15569277e2180293f1.png

Closing Stage Knockouts

image.thumb.png.00b6d61445ccd6ca84fc3439de5e12db.png

NACL Knockouts

image.thumb.png.e07a9a7cf21d6dade03137d5dcf04b6a.png

Best Player

image.thumb.png.a83320547569bd2a47c6b67fc793a8b3.png

Angulo was amazing this season with 25 goals in 33 games. He wants to leave for a bigger club so maybe down the road I might sign him when I take over a European team.

Costa Rica

I haven't had a competitive game for Costa Rica yet but I am somehow in the Copa America which I don't understand as they are a Central American team and I also know that they played in the Gold Cup before I took over but I will just use the Copa America as a way to get used to Costa Rica and try bed in some young players ready for the World Cup and Gold Cup.

Domestic

22/23       Cancun FC              Mexican Expansion League        2nd                       Fernando Garcia

23/24        Pumas                    Mexican First Division                  1st                        Bryan Angulo

International Career

21/22        Mali                           25th           Won African Nations                         N/A

22/23        Mali                           23rd           Qualified To The World Cup           Failed To Get Past The Group Stage 

23/24     Costa Rica                   69th            No Competition Played Yet             

Challenge Progress
1/10 Leagues - Mexican First Division,  		
0/10 Cups		
1/5  Continental - NACL, 	
0/1  Worlds

0/1 Worlds

Crest.png.a67b298c5577f774ad87ee4a0064be38.png

Red Bull Leipzig: 2040/41 Review

Having won three trophies across two and a bit seasons it was fair to say we headed into this campaign as confident as possible. Winning the Europa League gave me plenty of hope and meant I was putting my focus for this season firmly on being more competitive in the league. We spent a chunk of money on new faces although raked in almost as much in sales. The biggest arrival saw us beat off competition from Borussia Dortmund to sign 21-year old Udinese winger Ezequiel Sotelo who cost us a whopping £76,000,000. I was hoping his arrival would help striker Étienne Bertram improve on his tally of 23 league goals last season. I was slightly fearful as we lost out in the UEFA Super Cup though, losing 1-2 to Manchester United in our season curtain raiser.

639469812_FinalLeague.png.8ec85eb3a7fff8536ffa90d7d31ea748.png

I wanted us to be more competitive, I certainly didn’t expect us to win the league title with three matches to spare. We enjoyed a fantastic campaign though and in the end were deserved champions. We started off brilliantly and never really looked back. Wingers Choi Seung Ryul and Ezequiel Sotelo were sublime and up top Etienne Bertram was as clinical as previously. We avoided defeat twice by drawing with Dortmund, the second a brilliant fight back to draw 1-1 away. That draw gave us a huge edge as we sat seven clear of them. They suffered a dip just as we started to string wins together and in the end a Munich defeat to Mainz saw us crowned champions. For reasons that will become apparent shortly I used the last few matches to try some younger players and give fringe players plenty of game time too.

2129019714_PokalFinal.png.bee03f71b5c6acd749439a222052cfd7.png

We managed to navigate our way to the final of the domestic cup with ease before coming up against a strong Schalke side and succumbing. We didn’t actually perform at all on the day and the victory was thoroughly deserved for a team that lost out in the final last season. I was disappointed not to grab another trophy but as it was one I already had in my collection I wasn’t too down heartened.

1461432685_CLFinal.png.4312cb219fbfe3599180fa2b00cd265b.png

Our pain in the Pokal was almost immediately forgotten though as a tremendous second half display saw off Manchester City to lift the clubs first ever Champions League crown. We found ourselves on the back foot for the entirety of the first half before coming out after the break and performing as though we had been possessed. In the end the 3-0 score line certainly didn’t flatter us and we walked away with the most unlikely of trophies.

1627452565_CLCelebrations.png.764bd9f0003a18a22d7ec52fd4c4491a.png

Winning the Bundesliga and the Champions League make this my most memorable campaign so far and I am absolutely over the moon. I did expect us to be much more competitive in the league but to win both of them is a real shock to me. I definitely didn’t expect us to even come close in the Champions League. That means a clean sweep here in Germany though and time to move on for new pastures and an attempt to crack yet more trophies elsewhere.

550997528_TrophiesWon.png.3b849e7f494c8729230f435be79aee78.png

To take over a team that had previously won no major honours and leave with a handful of trophies with extremely pleasing. I managed to build a superb young squad and I leave RB Leipzig in very promising shape for a potential future of dominance. There are some really talented young players and plenty of money in the bank. This club could go on to win a whole host of major trophies over the next few years.

For me that was it though and after a failed attempt at trying to win the Club World Cup (we were knocked out in the quarter finals by Real Madrid) I moved on to the next challenge in my managerial career.

2021697643_BarcelonaTakeovver.png.e68b7f7f3f383aec79fbd55b3e7f77aa.png

This is a fantastic opportunity for me and it was one I was excited by the moment they dispensed with the previous manager. Thankfully they liked what they heard in my interview and shortly after I was offered a four year contract to take the helm. Barcelona endured a difficult campaign finishing trophy free and just 3rd in the La Liga table. Real Madrid are the dominant team in Spain and it’s now my job to try and topple them with the Catalans. I'm confident in my abilities to do so but it certainly won’t be easy. I inherit a side with attacking options aplenty but a real lack of defensive players. In fact the first team contains just three natural defenders and just one defensive midfielder. I’ve been handed £130,000,000 transfer budget though and with no worries about the attacking end of the field I can focus all of my attention into trying to improve the defensive side. This isn’t an easy challenge but I have taken over one of the biggest clubs in world football and I cannot wait to sink my teeth into it.

2040/41	Red Bull Leipzig	Bundesliga			1st (C)	Bundesliga Winners, Champions League Winners
2041/42	FC Barcelona		La Liga				tbc

2030-2031		Nigeria
2034-2035		Iran
2038-2039		Ivory Coast
2039-present	South Korea	(East Asian Cup 2040)

3/10 Top Domestic Leagues		(SA Premier League 2026/27, Chinese Super League 2034, Bundesliga 2040/41)
3/5 Continental Championships		(NA Champions League 2030, Asian Champions League 2036, UEFA Champions League 2040/41)

0/1 World Tournament 

TOTAL: 11/32

Costa Rica Copa America Review

image.thumb.png.31aabf7bed79ec2f3dabac24ce351bc7.png

Well it started badly with a 5-0 loss to Brazil and a 4-2 loss to Venezuela but then we rallied back with victories over Peru and Columbia but the journey ended when we lost 4-0 to Ecuador but we managed to qualify for the Quarter Finals. The problem was we had to play Argentina who thrashed us 6-0 in the Quarter Finals.

image.thumb.png.d789474acc4aa5adbf5f9cc30721133b.png

Overall we performed better then expected so hopefully this will help us in the Gold Cup and World Cup.

I have resigned from Pumas as I have achieved everything I need to in North America.

I have got rid of the North American leagues and added China and South Africa leagues as that is where I am playing to go next in my career.

New Club Job

image.thumb.png.435a52ca35d261b34c7ae53cc0730832.png

download.png.d9b01b4686dcb2c1c801577c1f269e44.pngdownload.jpg.aa06f7cdbfbb64ee77ea216de1bb54e6.jpgdownload.jpg.4376d3e21236859c662a1d70a6d48853.jpg

download.jpg.6c8880f8e670563e2dbc78425c8e6206.jpg

They play their football in the beautiful 70,000 capacity stadium called Moses Mabhida Stadium. 

download.jpg.4ff6e761cd00e29bf7a1fac685040c19.jpg

image.thumb.png.62730b2fe260c6cd42654caf8873fb64.png

Their one and only South African Premier League title was in 1973. I am hoping to change that.

Board Expectations

image.thumb.png.5ac274f4ec33b0319a991ea348ad95fd.png

Pretty straight forward expectations with us needing to sign players under 23 years old, work within wage budget and sign players to sell for profit. As Amazulu are currently 13th in the league my only expectation this season is not to get relegated. 

I want to try get a top 6 position in my first season with it building up to us having a title challenge next season.

image.jpeg.c19eebb124009ecfed3973caecec8351.jpeg

Charlton Athletic 2046/47

Competitions

Premier League - League Table    Results 1    Results 2

Its been a horrible season. We started poorly and didn't really get going until a decent run of form in November/December. The turn of the year came and we went back into "Cant win, Wont win" mode and it seriously looked as if we may be facing a relegation battle. A tactical shift back to the 4231 proceeded and we managed to avoid defeat in our last 11 league games to finish in a respectable 11th.

F.A. Cup - Results

Last seasons fairy-tale win was always going to be hard to replicate but we done well getting to the last 8 before losing to Leicester 4-2 AET.

EFL Cup - Result

A poor match against West Ham which we deservedly lost.

Europa League - Results

We done well to get out of a group containing Sporting, Shaktar and Plzen. We then saw off Anderlecht and PSV before falling in the QF to group winners Sporting.

Community Shield - Result

The season opener and we gave Man City a decent game but they was just too strong for us and them winning on pens was justice for a game they should have won in normal time.

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers

Young and high potential but still very naïve and I am debating with myself whether to bring in some experienced heads this summer or give them another season to develop into what I hope they can be. Key men this season were:

Nick Cooper (CB) - Signed in the summer from Wolves. The English CB had a really good debut season and at 22 should get even better over the next few years. He picked up the EPL YPOTY award and also chipped in with 6 goals but at 6ft 4, I am hoping to get more from him in that area.

Jonathan Steindl (CB) - The Serbian CB had another good season and has developed into one of the best young CB's in the world. He is also linking up really well with Cooper and I am hopeful they can both be mainstays for years to come.

Ruben Real (AMR/L) - The Portuguese winger actually started the season terribly and was out of the side for a bit before moaning about wanting to leave due to Porto showing interest. I managed to keep hold of him and Im glad I did as he really stepped it up after this and was a key reason to our good form at the end of the season. 7 goals and 15 assists from 37 starts is a decent return.

Next Season

This season has been a bit disappointing. Even though I know we over achieved last season, I still expected to improve and show some progress and we haven't really managed to do that. I do however rate my squad and am hopeful next season should be a lot better for us. We are moving back home following the completion of our stadium upgrade which will take the capacity of "The Valley" to 37008 from 24672. This should help us with some more income etc and we have also been upgrading the clubs Facilities as often as we can.

Club Career
							Leagues			Cups
Season	Nation		Division	Club		1st	2nd		1st	2nd	Cont.	CWC	Other Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22	S.Africa	Gladbank Champ	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		n/a	n/a	n/a	n/a	Promoted to DSTV Premiership
2022/23	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	5th	n/a		SF	QF	n/a	n/a	Achieved National C coaching badge
2023/24	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	5th	n/a		RU	SF	n/a	n/a	Achieved National B and A coaching badges.
2024/25	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		SF	WIN	n/a	n/a	Achieved Cont. C License and started B license.
2025/26	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		SF	QF	WIN	n/a	Achieved Cont. B License and started A. Resigned on 6/6/26
2026/27	Mexico		Liga MX		Tigres UANL	1st	1st		WIN	R1	WIN	n/a	Achieved Cont. A License and started Pro License.
2027	China		CSL		Guangzhou FC	3rd	n/a		R1	n/a	n/a	n/a	Hired on 12/7/27. Finished Pro License.
2028	China		CSL		Guangzhou FC	1st	n/a		WIN	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won treble. 
2029	Brazil		Serie A		Corinthians	3rd	n/a		SF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Hired on 11/06/29. 
2030	Brazil		Serie A		Corinthians	1st	n/a		WIN	WIN	WIN	n/a	Left at end of contract on 30/12/30.
2031/32	Holland		Eredivisie	Feyernoord	2nd	n/a		Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won KNVB Beker and Europa Conference League
2032/33	Holland		Eredivisie	Feyernoord	2nd	n/a		RU	n/a	GS.	n/a	Won Europa League and Johan Cruuf Schaal.
2033/34	Holland		Eredivisie	Feyernoord	1st	n/a		R2	n/a	L16	n/a	Won League and UEFA Super Cup. Left at end of contract.
2034/35	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	5th	n/a		SF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won UEFA Europa Conference.
2035/36	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	2nd	n/a		SF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Lost in Europa League QF.
2036/37	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	2nd	n/a		SF	n.a	RU	n/a	Lost in Champions League Final.
2037/38	Spain		La Liga		Atletico Madrid	1st	n/a		Win	n/a	RU	3rd	Lost in Champions League Final (Again), left at end of contract.
2038/39	Germany		Bundesliga	B Leverkusen	3rd	n/a		RU	n/a	GS	n/a	Took over  in June.
2039/40	Germany		Bundesliga	B Leverkusen	1st	n/a		WIN	n/a	L16	n/a	League and Cup Double.
2040/41	Italy		Serie A		Juventus	1st	n/a		WIN	n/a	WIN	WIN	Won Serie A, Coppa Italia, Champions League and Club World Cup.
2041/42	France		Ligue Un	O. Marseille	3rd	n/a		WIN	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won Coupe de France and Europa League.
2042/43	France		Ligue Un	O. Marseille	1st	n/a		SF	n/a	GS	n/a	Won Ligue Un, Trophees Des Champs and UEFA Super Cup.
2043/44	England		Championship	Charlton Ath.	10th	n/a		R3	R2	n/a	n/a	Took over on 30/10/2043.
2044/45	England		Championship	Charlton Ath.	1st	n/a		R5	R4	n/a	n/a	Promoted from Championship to Premier League
2045/46	England		Premier League	Charlton Ath.	10th	n/a		WIN	R3	n/a	n/a	Won The F.A Cup.
2046/47	England		Premier League	Charlton Ath.	11th	n/a		QF	R2	n/a	n/a	Lost in Europa League QF.

International Career

Year	Nation		F.Rank	NL	Cont.	WC	Other Achievmennts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023	Ivory Coast	56th	n/a	n/a	n/a	Took over on 10/09/2023
2024	Ivory Coast	41st	n/a	n/a	n/a	Qualified for 2025 AFCON
2025	Ivory Coast	25th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won 2025 AFCON. Resigned on 2/10/25.
2030	Mexico		21st	n/a	n/a	n/a	Hired on 21/07/30.
2031	Mexico		16th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won 2031 Gold Cup and then resigned.
2032	South Korea	21st	n/a	n/a	n/a	Took over on 20/06/2032
2033	South Korea	16th	n/a	n/a	n/a	Climbed to 16th in FIFA Rankings, won EAFF E-1 Championships.
2034	South Korea	15th	n/a	n/a	QF	Got to World Cup QF.
2035	South Korea	15th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won 2035 AFC Asian Cup. Resigned on 12/02/2035.
2036	England		7th	GS	n/a	n/a	Hired on 13/7/2036
2037	England		5th	n/a	n/a	n/a	Qualified For 2038 World Cup.
2038	England		3rd	n/a	n/a	RU	Lost In World Cup Final To Spain.
2039	England		4th	GS	n/a	n/a	Qualified for EURO 2040.
2040	England		4th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won EURO 2040.
2041	England		3rd	GS	n/a	n/a	Qualified for World Cup 2042.
2042	England		1st	n/a	n/a	WIN	Won World Cup 2042 and then resigned.
2043	Brazil		2nd	n/a	n/a	n/a	Took Over on 20/07/2042 after World Cup.
2044	Brazil		2nd	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won Copa America 2044 and then resignrd.

Challenge Progress

Club
9/10 Top Domestic Leagues
DSTV Prem 24/25 - Cape Town Spurs.
Liga MX 26/27 - Tigres UANL.
CSL 2028 - Guangzhou FC.
Brazil Serie A 2030 - Corinthians.
Eredivisie 2033/34 - Feyernoord.
La Liga 2037/38 - Atletico Madrid.
Bundesliga 2039/40 - Bayer Leverkusen.
Serie A 2040/41 - Juventus.
Ligue Un 2042/43 - O. Marseille.

10/10 Domestic Cups
Telekom Cup 24/25 - Cape Town Spurs.
Copa MX 26/27 - Tigres UANL.
CFA Cup 2028 - Guangzhou FC.
Copa Do Brasil 2030 - Corinthians.
Toto KNVB Beker 31/32 - Feyernoord.
Copa Del Rey 2037/38 - Atletico Madrid.
DFB Pokal 2039/40 - Bayer Leverkusen.
Coppa Italia 2040/41 - Juventus.
Coupe De France 2041/42 - Marseille.
The F.A. Cup 2045/46 - Charlton Athletic.

5/5 Continental Championships 
CAF Champions League 25/26 - Cape Town Spurs.
CONCACAF Champions League 26/27 - Tigres UANL.
AFC Champions League 2028 - Guangzhou FC.
Copa Liberatores 2030 - Corinthians.
UEFA Champions League 2040/41 - Juventus.	

1/1 Club World Championship
CWC 2041 - Juventus.

International
5/5 Continental Tournaments
2025 AFCON - Ivory Coast.
2031 Gold Cup - Mexico.
2035 AFC Asian Cup - South Korea.
2040 EURO'S - England.
2044 Copa America - Brazil

1/1 World Tournament
World Cup 2042 - England.

31/32

Edited by BigJack

Domestic Cup 3 (6/32 overall) is in the bag! The Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup is mine:

566943275_Screenshot2022-05-31at08_54_33.thumb.png.122d232cb63b63db0d697c21edc7bd2b.png

It's starting to speed up now. I have a good reputation and am ~4 months away from grabbing my Pro licence. Adaptability never seems to shift, which is weird.

1797236895_Screenshot2022-05-31at08_59_17.thumb.png.47093d53b91a2ba9d6414149ee843edc.png

I've also recently started managing the USA, not much to report on that front yet, as it's a couple of years until any tournament of note.

MLS is a weird league to manage in, but I've just about wrapped my head around its cacophony of unusual rules. Currently doing well in the MLS and have qualified for this season's playoffs. The cup win gives me continental qualification, so I've got at least another year of trying to get the MLS if I miss out this season. 

Here's the year-by-year:

624128314_Screenshot2022-05-31at09_04_11.thumb.png.b4d55072875752b96898b551b8dcabb8.png

and my challenge progress:

227451703_Screenshot2022-05-31at09_02_27.thumb.png.7539a8548c39a77e911921936e7c1fa2.png

Amazulu/Costa Rica - 24/25 Season Review

download.png.9803f1d861e0eaf1dac3769966a805f2.pngdownload.png.040836d44465521959a6cfb44f39f954.png

Amazulu

Competitions

image.thumb.png.857b704c78b93df2a9e8e032e633f8a2.png

A Nice 3rd place finish for Amazulu in my first proper season in charge. I barely lost a game once I took over.  We just didn't have enough to win the title but I am certain next season we will.

I did manage to win the African Confederations Cup which I assume is the African version of the Europa League but I could be wrong. I also won my first domestic cup by winning the South African FA Cup with a 2-1 cup final win Vs Stellenbosch.

image.thumb.png.a955a9927899fd70ec9ded38b7aff622.png

Key Player - Victor Fakude - 18 Year Old South African Striker

image.thumb.png.9ebf13299dcbe7298a0b5e4522643670.png

Fakude was my star striker with 32 goals in 40 games. He is a player I want to bring along with me to whichever club I go to after my South African adventure is over.

Costa Rica

Not much to say about Costa Rica since our Copa America journey ended but that will change very quickly as I have World Cup Qualifying and Gold Cup fixtures to play. I am hoping to do well in the Gold Cup and hopefully win it so I can tick that one and leave the Costa Rica manager's position as I can't see me winning the World Cup with them.

Domestic

22/23       Cancun FC              Mexican Expansion League        2nd                      Fernando Garcia

23/24        Pumas                    Mexican First Division                  1st                       Bryan Angulo

24/25        Amazulu                South African Premier League    3rd                      Victor Fakude

International Career

23/24     Costa Rica                   69th            No Competition Played Yet             

24/25     Costa Rica                   63rd            Got To The Quarter Finals Of Copa America

Challenge Progress
1/10 Cups - South African FA Cup,		
1/5  Continental - NACL, 	
0/1  Worlds

0/1 Worlds

Starting this challenge now I've got a fixed PC which should be able to handle going into the future. I'll be documenting it more in-depth in this thread but providing regular updates here when I complete a milestone. I'm doing something slightly different since I like building clubs and did the Hexagon Challenge last year.

Manager Profile

Spoiler

20220601004839_1.thumb.jpg.0ac9a29b69bb01861a9a3cf9468a2485.jpg

Costa Rica Gold Cup Journey

image.thumb.png.5086f6bb849b51d252cc7a2bb544246a.png

image.thumb.png.b43ec0e11d8c2610644f681f5080df45.png

A weird tournament with us having to face USA and Mexico quarters and semi's who we managed to beat them both and then get Suriname in the final who didn't have many good players. We managed to beat Suriname in the final 3-1.

image.thumb.png.eff0c48b72d3f3377020902f6813f480.png

I have resigned from Costa Rica as I want to try find a team like China, Japan or South Korea to try win the Asian Cup but I could also look for a team that could do well in the World Cup and maybe win it.

USA national team job is available and seems quite a tasty proposition. 

International Career

24/25     Costa Rica                   63rd           Got To The Quarter Finals Of Copa America

25/26     Costa Rica                    45th            Won The Gold Cup

Domestic

22/23       Cancun FC              Mexican Expansion League        2nd                      Fernando Garcia

23/24        Pumas                    Mexican First Division                  1st                       Bryan Angulo

24/25        Amazulu                South African Premier League    3rd                      Victor Fakude

25/26        Amazulu                South African Premier League     1st                      Victor Fakude

Challenge Progress
1/5  Continental - NACL, 	
0/1  Worlds

2/5 Continental - African Nations, Gold Cup, 
0/1 Worlds

I'm going to have to abandon my FM22 Ultimate save and go back to my national challenge. Just too many bugs. I came across one where the game started adding new leagues with all divisions, and I couldn't stop it, (could only make it so only the top division for each nation loaded) so I had 8 nations loaded. It's a challenge killing bug for me, and I was only in the early stages anyway.

I'll give it another go on FM23, which hopefully will be less buggy, even at beta stage, than the game is now. I'm glad for all of you that don't seem to be encountering lots of bugs though. Clearly I have a talent for breaking the game.

I know I'm behind on updating the leader board. Will get to it soon.

4 hours ago, SaintsFCFan7498 said:

Starting this challenge now I've got a fixed PC which should be able to handle going into the future. I'll be documenting it more in-depth in this thread but providing regular updates here when I complete a milestone. I'm doing something slightly different since I like building clubs and did the Hexagon Challenge last year.

Manager Profile

Reveal hidden contents

20220601004839_1.thumb.jpg.0ac9a29b69bb01861a9a3cf9468a2485.jpg

Good luck with this. Obviously a challenge with your extra rules, but I guess it depends on how successful you are. You might finish it quicker than I ever have with the low hanging fruit.

On 29/05/2022 at 19:57, goonergez said:

2040/41	Red Bull Leipzig	Bundesliga			1st (C)	Bundesliga Winners, Champions League Winners
2041/42	FC Barcelona		La Liga				tbc

2030-2031		Nigeria
2034-2035		Iran
2038-2039		Ivory Coast
2039-present	South Korea	(East Asian Cup 2040)

3/10 Top Domestic Leagues		(SA Premier League 2026/27, Chinese Super League 2034, Bundesliga 2040/41)
3/5 Continental Championships		(NA Champions League 2030, Asian Champions League 2036, UEFA Champions League 2040/41)

0/1 World Tournament 

TOTAL: 11/32

i just took a little vacation |  I'M BACK | image tagged in i'm back | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

On 01/06/2022 at 05:11, vikeologist said:

I'm going to have to abandon my FM22 Ultimate save and go back to my national challenge. Just too many bugs. I came across one where the game started adding new leagues with all divisions, and I couldn't stop it, (could only make it so only the top division for each nation loaded) so I had 8 nations loaded. It's a challenge killing bug for me, and I was only in the early stages anyway.

It’s funny you say this as I have encountered this recently but didn’t know if it was just me messing up. I try to only run two or three top flight leagues at a time (at this stage of the challenge) but every time I add a new nation it adds all the playable leagues. It really slows my game down but I’m just trying to grind through a season and then remove the leagues I don’t want. It’s very irritating and it’s also very new. 

On 01/06/2022 at 05:18, vikeologist said:

Good luck with this. Obviously a challenge with your extra rules, but I guess it depends on how successful you are. You might finish it quicker than I ever have with the low hanging fruit.

Had an unsuccessful start initially but then realised I forgot the Editor Data files for the Real Name fix so went and restarted after holidaying to the 1st of November. Built clubs from lower divisions before so I have a plan for that but don't do much International Management and a World Cup is every 4 years.

MLS is done! After my last minute, crazy tight win to win the China SL a with Sichuan Jiuniu, this was another crazy tight last minute one.

MLS has a playoff system, and I won the shield on the final day. Then waltzed through the playoffs until the final. After absolutely dominating the game, with a mistake from my usually reliable captain Callum Connelly putting me 1-0 down, substitute Domen Črnigoj squared for recent waiver list pick-up Cade Cowell to equalise in the 90+2 minute.

We then held out for a penalty shootout.

Either way...

226888175_Screenshot2022-06-02at15_51_14.thumb.png.da20a6f14d14e783af03c431140e9534.png

On to the CONCACAF Champions League next season. The hardest thing will be holding onto this team, with European clubs sniffing after Lasse Davidson - my superstar - and a few of my other top players.

Amazulu 25/26 Season Review

download.png.b65d98ad3e35c1e26cd746c1fd590324.png

image.thumb.png.9f7b9c7b87b9d6a7a4e0a6c57496a8a5.png

I managed to win the South African Premier League title in my 2nd season with Amazulu. My only aim next season with Amazulu is to win the African Champions League in my first attempt as I don't want to stay in South Africa any longer then I have to.

image.thumb.png.b9f74f057a155f09f459863346fa9cd1.png

I didn't win any other competition. 

Best Player - Victor Fakude - 19 Year Old South African Striker

image.thumb.png.5b2974607e21a34a4e0ddd8be5fa3742.png

Fakude had another stellar season for me with 32 goals in 32 games. I am determined to bring him with me at every club I go to.

Internationally I have yet to find a decent International management job worth going for. Hopefully that will change.

International Career

24/25     Costa Rica                   63rd           Got To The Quarter Finals Of Copa America

25/26     Costa Rica                    45th            Won The Gold Cup

Domestic

25/26        Amazulu                South African Premier League     1st                      Victor Fakude

Challenge Progress
2/10 Leagues - Mexican First Division, South African Premier League,		
1/5  Continental - NACL, 	
0/1  Worlds

2/5 Continental - African Nations, Gold Cup, 
0/1 Worlds

2041 - 2042

Veni, vidi, vici -- I came, I saw, I conquered. PSG had a vice grip on Ligue 1 for twenty straight seasons. That ended when I returned to Marseille to finish what I had started.

image.png.b07853e2eb0b82a26208ffc7b3473c7d.png

We also beat PSG in the Coupe de France final on penalties. We almost had an invincible season except for a 1-0 loss to Nice on the last day of the season. 

image.thumb.png.e477af35b07bcb6311ff6b5ca37ea463.png

With the Ligue 1 trophy securely in my cabinet, it's time to bid adieu to France and set my sights on Serie A. The hope is to work on my international management while waiting for one of Inter, AC Milan, or Juve to open up. While my sights will be on the domestic title and the league cup, I will have to build this team into one that is capable of winning both the Champions League and the Club World Cup which will be a departure from my turn-and-burn strategy up to this point of the challenge. I still have the World Cup this year as well in which my Spanish side will have as good a shot as any to come away with the crown. 

Trophies: 25/32

Scope League Year Team
Club Ligue 1 2042 Olympique de Marseille
Club Serie A    
Club Domestic Cup 10    
Club UEFA CL    
Club NACL 2034 Cruz Azul
Club Club World Cup    

International Gold Cup    
International Asian Cup    
International World Cup    

Trophy 26!

image.png.082081b6cf059a692ecc0cfa5c2ba50b.png

Scope League Year Team
Club Serie A    
Club Domestic Cup 10    
Club UEFA CL    
Club NACL 2034 Cruz Azul
Club Club World Cup    

International Gold Cup    
International Asian Cup    
International World Cup 2042 Spain

2042-2043

After the World Cup, I left Spain and found myself completely detached from both club and country. Fortunately, South Korea, a perennial Asian Cup contender, fired its coach after a poor performance in the World Cup...

image.png.bafeb10c6e4449e10245e03833c08c24.png

and the Asian Cup was right around the corner...

image.png.b50115504194a4ad8af387d97951cef5.png

With a win in the Asian Cup, my last international stop was to go back to North America to contend for the Gold Cup. 

image.png.c19a33a3b011179de36509b0bc522478.png

The USA is the second best team in CONCACAF at the moment, having been bumped out of the Gold Cup by Mexico in 2043 and not winning the competition since 2025. Mexico is the second best country in the world and it will take a big effort to unseat them. 

Trophies: 27/32

Scope League Year Team
Club Serie A