The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Chesterfield Season 1 Review

download.jpg.a3bcf0f0df802259f0259789ea47b356.jpg

Competitions

image.thumb.png.5e6ee4a8fc09b74a2b7d63e11201c844.png

A nice 16th place finish which is better then where Chesterfield were when I took over so I am happy.

I managed to keep them in the division which is what I was aiming for.

image.thumb.png.ad60149d3e49b8212070d86543fc52e6.png

The team luckily took well to my tactic and it showed in the results.

I am confident we will get a top 10 finish or higher next season.

Career Overview

Year                 Club                 Nation                  League                                           Position

22/23          Angered BK        Sweden               Swedish 2nd Division North         8th           

23/24         Angered BK         Sweden               Swedish 2nd Division North         2nd(Promoted Through Playoffs)

24/25          Dalkurd              Sweden                Swedish 1st Division Elite             3rd(Promoted Through Playoffs)

24/25        Chesterfield FC   England               English League Two                         16th

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues 
 0/10 domestic cups 
 0/5 club continental championships 
 0/1 club world championship 

International
 0/5 continental tournaments
 0/1 world tournaments

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maritzburg United logo.svg

Season 2021-22

Maritzburg United

So, the lure of the challenge has me back. I'm playing on FM22, and took a little while to get a first job. I headed to South Africa, taking over bottom of the table Maritzburg United on Boxing Day 2021. Three points adrift of the team above me, and 5 from the threat of relegation. Thankfully, the transfer window was about to open, and the chance to bring in some much needed reinforcements.

We started really well, going 8 unbeaten in the league (4 wins, 4 draws), taking us away from the relegation zone in the process. We also beat Black Leopards and Uthongathi in the FA Cup to qualify for the Quarter Finals as well, where we took on Orlando Pirates. 1-0 down at half time, two of our four new signings, striker Lazarous Kambole and left winger Ghampani Lungu scored three times to put us through to the Semi Finals, and extending our unbeaten run to 11 games. 

We then lost three games on the bounce, drawing us right back in to the relegation battle in the process, before the Semi Final against Amazulu. They absolutely battered us, but somehow we kept them out without ever looking like scoring ourselves, before winning 5-3 on penalties to take us through to the Final. Genuinely, I've no idea how, and if I'd been managing Amazulu I think I'd have needed a lie down in a darkened room for a while afterwards.

This was the spark we needed to sort ourselves out, and 4 wins from the final 5 games meant we finished in the dizzying heights of 10th, and definitely a respectable final position. Back-to-back wins against Sundowns and Kaiser Chiefs in the final two games impacted hugely on the title race, costing Sundowns in particular the title, as they were pipped to the post by Cape Town City, our opponents in the FA Cup final. Unlike the Semi Final, we turned up for this game, and our star striker Kambole grabbed a brace to seal a deserved 2-0 win and an unexpected cup win early in the challenge. I guess we got lucky by having an easyish run to the latter stages, but you can only beat what is in front of you, right?

The four transfers I brought in all went straight into the starting XI, creating a strong spine to the team. It was a very settled starting line up, and we stuck with one formation for the vast majority of the time. Kambole was an absolute revelation up front, and I can't believe Kaiser Chiefs let him go. He'd scored 11 in 14 games for them, and was a steal at £12k. 18 goals and 3 assists in 20 games very much tells it's own story. 

What next? The starting XI could potentially challenge towards the upper end of the table, but the squad is definitely not deep enough to sustain a realistic title challenge at this stage. The job at Sundowns came up (after I denied them a title win) and I've successfully interviewed for it. I slept on the decision, but I'm going to take it. They've got a better squad, a deep budget and will be in the Champions League next season. I'll be sad to leave Maritzburg, but career progression is the point of the challenge, so onwards we go.

Season   Team    	Position	Notes and Achievements
2021-22	 Maritzburg	10th		Took over halfway through the season in 16th. Cup winners!

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 domestic cups (Maritzburg - South Africa)

International

0/1 world tournaments

Chesterfield Season 2 Review

download.jpg.89fbd99876f4a11aee4ca2f38536bba9.jpg

Competitions

image.thumb.png.49fd97e001f1d68ed7391b5f01a9c7be.png

image.thumb.png.8f40877e5119785c4df24e77d8ba2eba.png

image.thumb.png.77c4e0478e3d61442ef3ccc9f6e8bff8.png

We smashed it this season with us being crowned League 2 Champions with a lovely 99 points for the season.

Best Player

image.thumb.png.4800330b095b4eaffe18535f64b31fca.png

Tom Cannon was our best player with 22 goals for the season.

My aim is to get a English Championship or high League One Job. 

Coventry currently need a manager so I have applied for the job.

If I can't get a higher up job I will stick at Chesterfield for another season to see how I can do in League One.

Career Overview

Year                 Club                 Nation                  League                                           Position

22/23          Angered BK        Sweden               Swedish 2nd Division North         8th           

23/24         Angered BK         Sweden               Swedish 2nd Division North         2nd(Promoted Through Playoffs)

24/25          Dalkurd              Sweden                Swedish 1st Division Elite             3rd(Promoted Through Playoffs)

24/25        Chesterfield FC   England               English League Two                         16th

25/26        Chesterfielfd FC  England              English League Two                          1st( Promoted As Champions)

Club
 0/10 domestic cups 

International
 0/1 world tournaments

Vikeologist's 2037 Flamengo Season Report 

Clube De Regatas Do Flamengo Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

Having somehow obtained the Club World Cup, it was back to the main business of winning the Cup (I couldn’t afford to fall an extra cup behind after the lack of any Mexican cup nowadays) and the Libertadores.

The league wasn’t as important, having won it with Gremio last year, but it would be nice.

We reached both finals, and so you can imagine we’ve played a lot of matches this year. (91 competitive matches in case you’re interested). I have a huge squad. The club had money. I spent it.

We won the Brazilian cup over 2 legs, but I was a bag of nerves for the Libertadores. A single match, against the league leaders at that point.

I needn’t have worried. We slaughtered them 4-0.

My work here was done, but I still had 2 league matches to go. We won them both, but so did the league leaders and we missed out on the title by 1 point.

I even had my next job set up at River in Argentina once the season here in Brazil was over. The timing was perfect, except that when it came down to it, it wasn’t. I want to get started in Europe, and although I now have to wait 6 months for the big 5 leagues to be added, at least I can probably concentrate on Brazil’s World Cup campaign.

I don’t think the Brazil squad is very strong, (only 2 players in the World’s Top 50 players) but we did at least manage to qualify top of the continental World Cup qualifying campaign.

Top Goalscorer – Endrick – 75

Almost certainly a record for me. (I’ve even added it to the moribund CSE Records thread). It is over 63 matches though, and he does take the penalties.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Endrick – 7.73

Man of The Match – Endrick - 16

MVP – Endrick

No point being churlish about it.

Domestic
Season	Team		Division	Position	MVP			Notes										
22/23	Black Leopards	S African L1	5th					Took over with 8 matches to go.Edge of relegation to edge of promotion.
23/24	Black Leopards	S African L1	1st		Kiyaam Bull 	SA Cup Q/F
24/25	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Prem	10th					Took over with 6 matches to go. Won SA Cup.
25/26	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Prem	2nd		Sphesihle Maduna	Won Confederations Cup.
26/27	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Prem	1st		Mduduzi Shabalala	League, ACL, SA Cup, S8 Cup.
2027	Atlas		Mex 1st Ap	12th					Took over after 8 matches. Lost in Playoffs Prelim
2028	Atlas		Mex 1st Cl	2nd		Connor Buck		Lost in final.
2028	Atlas		Mex 1st Ap	2nd					Lost in S/F
2029	Atlas		Mex 1st Cl	2nd		Kevin Castañeda	Lost in final.
2029	Atlas		Mex 1st Ap	3rd					Left before playoffs
2029	Pumas		Mex 1st Ap	n/a					Lost immediately in playoff plelim.
2030	Pumas		Mex 1st Cl	2nd					Won league. Lost Champions League on penalties
2030	Pumas		Mex 1st Ap	1st					League champs
2031	Pumas		Mex 1st Cl	1st		Hugo Moreno		League / NACL double.
2032	Suwon		Kor L1	2nd		Johnny		Took over in 8th with 21 matches to go.
2033	Suwon		Kor L1	1st		Johnny		League, Cup, ACL
2035	Gremio		Bra L1		11th					Took over midseason. Won Copa Sudamerica to qualify for Copa Lib.
2036	Gremio		Bra L1		1st		Kluvert Ako Oru	League, Copa Lib S/F
2037	Flamengo	Bra L1		2nd	Endrick			Club World Cup, Brazilian Cup, Libertadores. Missed out on league by 1 point.

International
Year			Team				Achievements
23-24			Fiji				Oceania Cup S/F
24			Morocco U23			Olympics Losing Finalists
26-27			Iran				Asian Nations Cup losing finalists
27-31			Morocco			ACON S/F
							WC R2
							ACON winners.
31-32			Belgium			Euro S/F
32-34			Mexico			Gold Cup, sacked after World Cup
35-36			Australia
36-			Brazil

Challenge Progress 14/32

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues 		(S Africa, Mexico, S Korea, Brazil)			
 3/10 domestic cups 			(S Africa, S Korea, Brazil)							
 4/5 club continental championships	(Africa, N America, Asia, S America)		
 1/1 club world championship

International
 2/5 continental tournaments 		(Africa, N America)	
 0/1 World Cup		

Edited by vikeologist

Next Destination

image.thumb.png.75abc5491343cc2cbe43c65ccb5c9fed.png

download.jpg.148371e055fa2d48c09bf4fcd61b19a3.jpgdownload.jpg.64a17ccb8d3dd941dc04dce276cfe3b8.jpgdownload.jpg.9a57b021cb2abd30fc62285757c1d14a.jpgdownload.jpg.916809383811ee73d19273efda5dd9bf.jpgdownload.jpg.7b1e74de8b301ffc448a6b2e2cb5660e.jpg

image.thumb.png.f659a22fd7c80e638c10af3e32709cc3.png

I managed to get a Championship job with a team close to my heard because in real life my daughter was born in Shrewsbury hospital so I always enjoy managing Shrewsbury on FM for that reason.

For the first time in this save I am taking over a club before the season starts so hopefully I can do well with Shrewsbury and try get them promoted in my first season there.

Board expectations are to avoid relegation, develop youth players from the academy, work within the wage budget and grow the clubs reputation.

image.thumb.png.041c022f1a3e0e5771ff06fad139de1a.png

Will be interesting to see how I can do with Shrewsbury. I might stay with them for a few seasons to see if I can win the FA Cup at least before I go into a bigger job.

SuperSport United Soccer Schools – Urban Sports

Season 2025/26 Season Review SuperSport United - South African Premier League

After a surprising league win last season my plan for this year was to focus on the Champions League while also trying to ensure we finish top 2 in the league to make sure we qualified for it again. To do so I needed to add depth to the squad and that came through transfers (the highlighted ones are for this season but show up in last seasons deals because FM is gonna FM) and the main ones were me pretty much changing our midfield 3 be bringing in a new DM in Luke La Roux on a free from local rivals Sundowns, also joining on a free was Oswin Apollis from Golden Arrows. They were joined with our only signing that cost money as I spent 250k on Ethan Brooks from AmaZula. This meant last season's midfield became the back ups this season which was the depth I was looking for. At the start of this season I also took over Algeria following the ACON, had a World Cup (more on that later) to get through before I could focus on that

League

We were really good, we dominated most sides as our quality really showed, trouble was Orlando Pirates and Sundowns were matching us for 2 thirds of the season but as we entered the tricky final stages our strength in depth really told as we were able to rotate and keep people fresh and as each challenger fell away we kept on picking up points and retained our title with 3 games to go. This season was better than last even though we lost more (2 games compared to 1 last year) but we won more and drew less, in the vital stages we were just too good.

Domestic Cups

We start with the MTN8 Cup which is a cup for the teams that finish in the top 8 the previous season, I used it as part of our pre season build up which is why we only made it to the semi finals. Was annoying to lose 4-0 in the 2nd leg away to rivals Sundowns though. Next up was the Telkom cup which is for all the teams in the top flight, I used a rotated side in these games and got knocked out in the quarter finals. The main cup is the Nedbank Cup which we won last season, again I mainly used a rotated side as most games seemed to be around Champions League games but we made it to the final where we faced mid table TS Galaxy. I made the choice to go with the rotate option players seeing as they got us this far and I thought they deserved the chance to win it. They didn't turn up and we lost. That was annoying

Champions League

This was the main one for this season, we breezed through the early stages and in the groups the only real threat was Zamalek who finished runners up the previous season, we won every game in the group stages including a big 4-3 away win to Zamalek with a rotated side when we were already through. Quarter Finals were nice and comfortable, in the Semis we faced El Tunis and lost the first game 1-0 away from home, we did have 2 goals disallowed though so that gave me hope. We blew them away in the return leg and were 5 up after 30 minutes. We ended the game 7-0 winners to book our place in the final. There we would meet Zamalek again. The trouble was that it was played in June - during the World Cup so as a result we were missing 7 of our starting 11 for both games which was our GK, both CBs, all 3 midfielders and our starting right winger. This is an issue when I focused my side on home grown players. It meant both legs were to be played with a mixture of the 4 remaining starters and the rotated players. The first leg at home saw us dominate but couldn't score as it finished 1-1. 2nd leg was a crazy game as we took an early lead, The made it 1-1 just after HT and we then ahead again 3 minutes later as we once again dominated but couldn't finish then in the 83rd minute, just as I started to shut the game down they scored again, a couple of subs and a change in shape as we headed towards penalties before a 87th minute winner from our sub Matlou (in his last game for us as we're not renewing his deal) meant we were winners! Crazy to win that with back up players.

Career Overview

Year		Club			League	Position	Nation			Notes & Achievements 

2022/23		Polokwane City		NFD	 11th 		South Africa		Took over with 9 games left of the season
2023/24		Polokwane City		NFD	1st 		South Africa		Completed first coaching badge
2024/25		SuperSport United	PL	1st 		South Africa		Won Nedbank Cup and completed second coaching badge
2025/26		SuperSport United	PL	1st 		South Africa		Won Champions League and completed third coaching badge
Year		Country			Ranking		Notes & Achievements
2025		Algeria			26th 		Qualified for World Cup
2026		Algeria			26th

Challenge Overview

Club
 1/10 top domestic leagues – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United)
 1/10 domestic cups – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United)
 1/5 club continental championships – Africa 2026 (SuperSport) 

International
 0/1 world tournaments

Algeria A' national football team - Wikipedia

World Cup 2026 Review - Algeria

Group Stage

The target was to get out the group stages and that meant we had to beat Jamaica as the other team in our group was Germany. Germany beat Jamaica 3-0 in the opening game, we then faced Jamaica and dispatched them 4-0. The Germany game I took the chance to rest people on yellow cards as were were through, this backfired as my back up right got 2 yellows on the first half meaning I had to bring on my other RB who of course got booked and meant we had no RBs for the 2nd round. Germany smashed our 10 men 3-0 but we achieved the target of getting out the group

Second Round

Spoiler

USA 2-1 Algeria - we took an early lead but they ground us down but still took till the 85th minute for them to get the winner.

Third Round

Spoiler

N/A

Quarter Final 

Spoiler

N/A

Semi Final

Spoiler

N/A

Final/Third Place game  (if applicable)

Spoiler

N/A

Aftermath

Think I've done enough to keep my job but World Cup not finished yet so we'll see. ACON at the end of this season so will stick with SuperSport for the season (while looking for another job)

En 19/4/2023 a las 7:15, vikeologist dijo:

Vikeologist's 2037 Flamengo Season Report 

Clube De Regatas Do Flamengo Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

Having somehow obtained the Club World Cup, it was back to the main business of winning the Cup (I couldn’t afford to fall an extra cup behind after the lack of any Mexican cup nowadays) and the Libertadores.

The league wasn’t as important, having won it with Gremio last year, but it would be nice.

We reached both finals, and so you can imagine we’ve played a lot of matches this year. (91 competitive matches in case you’re interested). I have a huge squad. The club had money. I spent it.

We won the Brazilian cup over 2 legs, but I was a bag of nerves for the Libertadores. A single match, against the league leaders at that point.

I needn’t have worried. We slaughtered them 4-0.

My work here was done, but I still had 2 league matches to go. We won them both, but so did the league leaders and we missed out on the title by 1 point.

I even had my next job set up at River in Argentina once the season here in Brazil was over. The timing was perfect, except that when it came down to it, it wasn’t. I want to get started in Europe, and although I now have to wait 6 months for the big 5 leagues to be added, at least I can probably concentrate on Brazil’s World Cup campaign.

I don’t think the Brazil squad is very strong, (only 2 players in the World’s Top 50 players) but we did at least manage to qualify top of the continental World Cup qualifying campaign.

Top Goalscorer – Endrick – 75

Almost certainly a record for me. (I’ve even added it to the moribund CSE Records thread). It is over 63 matches though, and he does take the penalties.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Endrick – 7.73

Man of The Match – Endrick - 16

MVP – Endrick

No point being churlish about it.

Domestic
22/23	Black Leopards	S African L1	5th					Took over with 8 matches to go.Edge of relegation to edge of promotion.
23/24	Black Leopards	S African L1	1st		Kiyaam Bull 	SA Cup Q/F
24/25	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Prem	10th					Took over with 6 matches to go. Won SA Cup.
25/26	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Prem	2nd		Sphesihle Maduna	Won Confederations Cup.
26/27	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Prem	1st		Mduduzi Shabalala	League, ACL, SA Cup, S8 Cup.
2027	Atlas		Mex 1st Ap	12th					Took over after 8 matches. Lost in Playoffs Prelim
2032	Suwon		Kor L1	2nd		Johnny		Took over in 8th with 21 matches to go.
2033	Suwon		Kor L1	1st		Johnny		League, Cup, ACL
2035	Gremio		Bra L1		11th					Took over midseason. Won Copa Sudamerica to qualify for Copa Lib.
2037	Flamengo	Bra L1		2nd	Endrick			Club World Cup, Brazilian Cup, Libertadores. Missed out on league by 1 point.

International
Year			Team				Achievements
23-24			Fiji				Oceania Cup S/F
24			Morocco U23			Olympics Losing Finalists
26-27			Iran				Asian Nations Cup losing finalists
							WC R2
							ACON winners.
35-36			Australia
36-			Brazil

Challenge Progress 14/32

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues 		(S Africa, Mexico, S Korea, Brazil)			
 3/10 domestic cups 			(S Africa, S Korea, Brazil)							
 4/5 club continental championships	(Africa, N America, Asia, S America)		

International
 0/1 World Cup		

How many of Endrick's 75 goals were in the state championship? My main save last year was in Brazil and I was able to make my main striker score +40 goals consistently, which about 15-20 were in the state championship against weaker teams. 75 is absolutely impressive!

9 hours ago, ANGL said:

How many of Endrick's 75 goals were in the state championship? My main save last year was in Brazil and I was able to make my main striker score +40 goals consistently, which about 15-20 were in the state championship against weaker teams. 75 is absolutely impressive!

I thought it didn't include state champ, but I think it must have. About 15 in the state champs.
Here's a screenshot.20230418183640_1.thumb.jpg.6c02274d1093b5a23154242020961e37.jpg

Edited by vikeologist

Shrewsbury Town FC Season 1 Review

download.jpg.a7eaba6541aedaab27ec891aa019ead8.jpg

Competitions

image.thumb.png.0f6afe47d5f25d6230cdf5eeb562b7e1.png

We managed to stay up which is all the board wanted but I was hoping we would do better and get into the Play Offs. The problem with that is the squad just isn't good enough to get out of the Championship.

My aim is just to stay at Shrewsbury for another season but I am also going to be applying for higher up jobs.

Best Player

Tom Bloxham

image.thumb.png.2a322982c16fa83b3a02e0d7041cdeba.png

Tom Bloxham is a Shrewsbury Town youth academy graduate who has gone on to be the main man at the club.

20 goals for the season has been his best season so far.

image.thumb.png.21e2f2714ea24ae9cfaba5bec9322704.png

Career Overview

25/26        Chesterfielfd FC  England              English League Two                          1st( Promoted As Champions)

26/27   Shrewsbury Town FC    England        English Championship                     18th 

Club
 0/10 domestic cups 

International
 0/1 world tournaments

After leading SuperSport to the champions league I stuck around while looking for a new job and took till September to find but I now find myself manager of Daegu in South Korea 

Daegu is the 3rd largest city in South Korea (behind Seoul and Busan) but their football team has never had much success, with just a single FA Cup to their name. Time to build a Korean dynasty. 

Sacked

image.thumb.png.8ecb24c0dfaf3576772052ec201341a5.png

Shrewsbury lost paitence with me keep applying for jobs so they sacked me. It was probably for the best though as I didn't want to stay there with their limited resources and I didn't want to waste time in a club that I wasn't going to win anything.[

Ideally my next job will be one where I can win something with them.

I Got My Dream Job

image.thumb.png.3dbb035174b651c63aa2e8dd2546acad.png

How I got this job I do not know but I am buzzing as I wanted Man Utd to be the team I win the Prem with and hopefully the Champions League.

Now the challenge is hotting up for me.

download.png.547c78c8e5ca4789ef79da087a96b9a5.png

download.jpg.c4b993fc11f30fa43b21e91645db12e2.jpgdownload.jpg.e0061935ec3daf920c18b88cd05b6b4d.jpg

download.jpg.d04f5fcc660e091545079847738d2692.jpg

I am a massive Man Utd fan so I will want to win something with Man Utd.

image.thumb.png.72d8ae49172b95cb4d2b62ccf3e11765.png

The reason why I got the Man Utd job was probably cos they are currently 9th in the league.

image.thumb.png.72d53a1182760d9959d138daf952379e.png

Man Utd have a good squad by the looks of it with Rashford, Casemiro, Antony, Jadon Sancho,  Dean Henderson.  Malacia, Martinez, Eriksen and Dalot from the squad that starts in the game and they also have Tonali, Scalvini and Kobel and Gabriel Barbosa.

Board Expectations

image.thumb.png.451c3219ec5f34f1451637cb1d4834de.png

image.thumb.png.55b45c079b8a9279f0b4a8a7782b7634.png

The board are very ambitious in what they want from me. I hope I can get a top half finish in my first season and build from there.

Finances

image.thumb.png.58f48f490768a68dbfaf2a29caa30ba5.png

The finances at Man Utd are amazing. Over £300m in the bank and £176m to spend.

This is going to be fun.

image.jpeg.4eeecebbaae7aff64967ea7ea7102a54.jpeg

2026 Season Review Daegu South Korea

There's not a great deal to post as I only had 8 games to play when I took over with the team sitting in 8th spot. So it was mainly about getting my tactics in and finding out the best 11. They were a better side than they had been playing as and we ended the season well with 6 wins, a draw and 1 loss. Other teams also faltered which meant we somehow found ourselves stumbling into 4th spot and a Champions League playoff place. This was quite lucky as half the wins were by a single goal and a couple of them were late wins when not playing well. Having a striker like Kim Jun-Beom (6 goals in 7 games for me) is a massive help. He'll be who I try and build around this close season. I still don't really know my best 11 and I've already lost a couple players from my squad to retirement and military service so will need some kind of rebuild over the close season if we're to try and close the gap to the top.

In terms of Algeria we're over halfway through our ACON qualifying group and sit top with 3 wins and a draw. The draw was the most frustrating game ever. An xG of over 4, a missed pen and 2 disallowed goals in a 0-0 draw with Mauritania almost had me punching my screen. But we only need 1 point from final 2 games to qualify so should make it. 

Career Overview

2022/23		Polokwane City		NFD	 11th 		South Africa		Took over with 9 games left of the season
2024/25		SuperSport United	PL	1st 		South Africa		Won Nedbank Cup and completed second coaching badge
2025/26		SuperSport United	PL	1st 		South Africa		Won Champions League and completed third coaching badge
2026		Daegu			KL	4th		South Korea		Took over with 8 games to go
2026		Algeria			26th	

Challenge overview

Club
 1/10 top domestic leagues – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United)
 1/10 domestic cups – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United)

International
 0/1 world tournaments

Manchester United Season 1 Review

download.png.6a9369c7ec928d14538daf4c60c3cb67.png

Competitions

image.thumb.png.5367b5e9f4500f0b5d6a6c53ef948cb8.png

As you can see I managed to get my first troph for the challenge by winning the FA Cup. I also managed to win the UEFA Europa League and got a 3rd place finish in the league.

image.thumb.png.7f0808429586ed77f052ea554ebac13a.png

image.thumb.png.77fbff239d036d5c41d32e93c30b7cb4.png

Best Player

Marcus Rashford

image.thumb.png.ad2074a995dc65eb1b503b304587ff9d.png

Rashford was amazing for us with 50 goals and 7 assists with an average rating of 7.55 

Career Overview

26/27   Shrewsbury Town FC    England        English Championship                     18th 

27/28  Manchester United  England              English Premiership                          3rd(Won FA Cup & Europa League)

Club
 1/10 domestic cups - English FA Cup 

International
 0/1 world tournaments

Vikeologist's 2038 World Cup Brazil Report 

Brazil National Football Team HD Wallpaper | Background Image | 2560x1600

My third World cup in a row, and hopefully this ends better than 4 years ago where my Mexico side were knocked out in the second round, and I was sacked, depriving me of a chance to win the Copa America with Mexico.

A spicy group stage feature is that we face Australia, who I quit to take over Brazil, because I was bored waiting 4 years for the Asian Cup, and didn’t think they were good enough to win probably.

We have to reach the Q/F to preserve my job.

Group Stage

Spoiler

Brazil          6-1    Australia

Brazil          0-1    Sweden

We were awful against Sweden, but because they lost to Australia, we actually topped the group. Not necessarily a good thing as next we’re up against hosts South Africa.

Second Round

Spoiler

Brazil          3-0    South Africa

That looks like a good result, but our last two goals came in second half injury time. Worrying.

Next up Belgium who are also having a very up and down tournament.

Third Round

Spoiler

Brazil          3-1    Belgium

We made heavy work of it, but at least my job should be safe, if I still want it. Next is Netherlands who haven’t conceded a single goal yet.

Quarter Final

Spoiler

Brazil          1-0    Netherlands

We had an early penalty, which we failed to convert. After 60 minutes, they had a player sent off. The referee was all but wearing a Brazil shirt, but it was the 85th minute that we finally managed to break them down. A win’s a win, I guess.

Argentina surprisingly knocked out top seed, France, so it’s a Superclassico next.

Semi Final

Spoiler

Brazil          1-2    Argentina

We were a bit unlucky to go 2-0 down. We pulled a late goal back, but it wasn’t enough.

Final / 3rd Place Playoff

Spoiler

Brazil          1-0    Wales

After The Tournament

Spoiler

Honestly I thought there was more chance of my being sacked than winning this. It’s not the greatest Brazil pool of players, but they are quite young. If France had sacked their manager, there’d have been a choice to make, but I’m happy to stick with Brazil and hopefully win the Copa America in 2 years. France did eventually sack their manager, and they even offered me the job without applying, but I’m unsure whether I’d get a second chance at being Brazil manager, so I’m going to stay. Also adding all the players from the big 5 leagues may change the balances of power, although no new Brazilian stars so far.

I hoped the international manager vacancies would create a big job opening in Europe. I was tempted by Wolfsburg, but I wanted to see who would lose their manager for the France job.

Nobody apparently. It’s November, and France still don’t have a manager. It’s no wonder it takes me so many seasons to complete this challenge. I spend half my time without a club job because I’m so fussy.

On 09/03/2023 at 22:46, SkyjumperTalon said:

Turns out I was wrong!! We did qualify for the Club World Cup and somehow we've ended up winning it. 

I've got an offer from Juventus which I will take, now that I've achieved everything that I think is reasonable. I don't think it's worth sticking around at Barca for another year just to try to win the UCL, simply because you never know when another job offer like Juventus comes around.

Challenge Progress
Club: Juventus

Domestic Leagues 8/10 (3 Big 5)

2022: India (Aizawl FC)
2024: Indonesia (Persib Bandung)
2027: South Africa (Orlando Pirates)
2030: South Korea (Daegu FC)
2032: Mexico (CF Monterrey)
2034: France (Paris Saint-Germain)
2037: Germany (Bayer Leverkusen)
2040: Spain (FC Barcelona)

Domestic Cups 6/10
2025: Indonesia (Persib Bandung)
2026: South Africa (Orlando Pirates)
2031: South Korea (Daegu FC)
2041: Spain (FC Barcelona)

Club Continental 3/5
2028: Africa (Orlando Pirates)
2031: Asia (Daegu FC)
2033: North America (CF Monterrey)

Continental 2/5

2027: Africa (Senegal)
2031: North America (USA)
2040: South America (Brazil)

Global 1/2

2041: Club (FC Barcelona) 

TOTAL PROGRESS: 21/32

image.png.faaefd80be15002edb44f9581fb0524b.png

Club

A very successful season, although we are still yet to win that elusive Champions League. We lost in the semis to Manchester City, and a somewhat close title race saw us really fatigued in the midst of cup, continental, and league competitions each having matches nearly every week.

I'll stick around in an effort to win the champions league, only until a good job offer in England comes up. We'll see what happens.

Country

Final Preparations being made for the 2042 World Cup. We're ranked 3rd in the world, behind France and Argentina, the latter of which we dispatched easily in 2040 in the Copa America.

Challenge Progress

Domestic Leagues 9/10 (4 Big 5)
2042: Italy (Juventus)

Domestic Cups 7/10

Club Continental 3/5

Continental 3/5

Global 1/2

TOTAL PROGRESS: 23/32

image.png.a59eac88169250a33eabc8b394e62a2f.png

image.png.bfa76e4b5fdf155cd7cb7859afa2d58a.png

image.thumb.png.10aad4f1f87b5872455c969ccdd92e2b.png

Edited by SkyjumperTalon

Image result for cruz azul

2034/35 - Cruz Azul - Mexican First Division

The main objective with this club is to win the NA Champions League which then only leaves me with Europe left. My second full season gives me the opportunity to complete my objective.

The club isnt flushed with cash so have had to behave very diligently in the transfer market looking for really cheap but quality foreign players as attracting Mexican talent is just not affordable at this point. 

In the league, we won both the opening and closing stages. The opening stage was from finishing first position after 17 games, the closing stage was from finishing 3rd. 

2023-04-21.thumb.png.3584a98333c86ad736a9cef8b27d5955.png

The all important champions league, we won all four group games to finish top of the group. In the second round, we were fortunate to get MLS opposition in Atlanta Utd. We beat them 2 - 0 away and 3 - 2 at home. In the QF, again we were fortunate to play against another MLS side in Montreal. We beat them comfortably 2 - 0 at home although didnt really take advantage of our dominance. In the away leg we scored early in what finished a 1 - 1 draw.  In the semi we finally played a Mexican side in Atlas. The 1 - 1 draw in Monreal started our slump of form where we didnt win a game in 8 games.  Unfortunately our semi final matches were in that period losing to Atlas 1 - 0 away and then in the home game, we gave away a penalty in the 9th and could only manage 1 goal to knock us out.   Atlas would go on to win it over Chivas on pens.

Really disappointed with the way the semis played out.  We go again next year

image.png.4058c2ac90cbb38d7e191a6534ec0ca4.png

Edited by SkiIIs

106808.png.3b421350ccfb7474aee710b22b350c2c.png

Crispypaul
Ulsan
K League 1

League - Summary 1 | Summary 2 - a surprise as we gradually went up the table then won right at the end

KFA Cup - Fixtures - all the way to the final, facing a 2nd tier side when we lifted the trophy

Transfers - an overpriced purchase before I joined, then lost a couple of players to minimum fee clauses to the Middle East

Finances - no issues here

Squad 

Key players:

Lee Hyun-Ju - solid central midfielder

Jesus Vallejo - a solid if too expensive centre half

Martin Adam - experienced striker although wants a new challenge

Astrit Selmani - a bosman signed by the previous manager

Future - the AFC Champions League runs on a winter schedule so we're not playing in this until Autumn 2029, so i'll be here at least another season and a half

International - a few USA games

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division			Position			Notes						
2022/23	 All Stars 		South African NFD	 	3rd				Promoted through playoffs
2023/24	 All Stars		South African PSL		4th				
2024/25	 All Stars		South African PSL		1st				Won MTN8, Telkom, Confed Cup
2025/26	 All Stars		South African PSL		1st				Won MTN8, Telkom, Nedbank, CL, resigned
2026	 St Louis City FC	MLS				6th				Lost in SF playoffs
2027	 St Louis City FC	MLS				1st				Won MLS Cup, CL, Open Cup
2028	 Ulsan			K League 1			1st				Won KFA Cup

International
Year	   	Team				Achievements
2023/24		Ghana
2024/25		Ghana				Qualified for AFCON, sacked!
2025/26		Senegal				Qualified for World Cup
2026		Senegal				World Cup SF
2027		Senegal				Won AFCON, resigned
2027		USA				Joined after Gold Cup
2028		USA	

Challenge Progress

Club
 3/10 top domestic leagues (All Stars, South Africa, 24/25; St Louis City, USA, 2027; Ulsan, South Korea, 2028)
 3/10 domestic cups (All Stars, South Africa, 24/25; St Louis City, USA, 2027; Ulsan, South Korea, 2028)
 2/5 club continental championships (All Stars, Africa, 25/26; St Louis City, North America, 2026/27)

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Senegal, Africa, 2027)
 0/1 world tournaments

Fédération Algérienne de Football Logo PNG Vector (AI) Free Download

2027 African Cup of Nations Report - Algeria

Group Stage

Spoiler

Algeria 1-0 Togo. A fairly routine win really as we battered them but could only score once

Cameroon 0-2 Algeria. Our toughest test, a poor first half so needed to make some changes, two of the subs both scored either side of us getting a man sent off (a recurring theme)

Congo 0-0 Algeria. A semi rotated team as I looked to avoid suspensions (lol) and rest key players meant a dull draw. It was enough however to win us the group

Second Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Algeria e3-2 Ivory coast. A mental game that saw us take an early lead before having a CB sent off, we doubled the lead with 20 mins to go. Goals in the 76th and 79th minute drew them level before they had a man sent off in the 80th minute, extra cam and we had our other starting CB sent off before a 108th minute winner saw us through.

Quarter Final (If applicable)

Spoiler

Senegal 1-3 Algeria. We totally out played them, their goal was an OG but it still took 2 goals in the final 5 mins to win the game. The worst thing from this was an injury to skipper and star man Ismael Bennacer which would rule him out for the rest of the tournament

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Algeria 2-1 Egypt all 3 goals came in the opening 13 minutes, though we did miss a pen later on. Our depleted and tired squad held on to make the final

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Algeria 2-1 Ghana. Not too different from the semi final apart from the goals coming in the final 10 mins of the first half. They pulled one back just after the break but never really looked like getting a second. We lost another DM to injury this game but I guess the plus point of so many red cards was that we did have some freshness for the final which is probably why we were able to keep them at bay to win it

Aftermath

Spoiler

I have resigned with that won. Mexico are looking for a manager after losing the Gold Cup so have applied for that now. 

10 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Sorry but I have decided to not finish doing this challenge as I am really struggling to enjoy playing Football Manager lately so I am having a break from FM for a few weeks. 

Cheers for anyone who followed my progress.

Hope you enjoy your timeout. Any plans for what you're going to do with your time instead?

390.png.40749294d88b0320443c44f88c7f0080.png       

USA
Gold Cup 2029

Group Stages -  Table

Won all 3 games, hardly a surprise

Quarter Final

Spoiler

Costa Rica 1 USA 3 - the sending off helped.  Next up is Panama 

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

USA 4 Panama 1 - not difficult.  Surprise package Jamaica next who beat Mexico

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

USA 2e Jamaica 1 - needed extra time to beat a dogged Jamaica team, now largely consisting of English-born players, to lift the trophy I will stay for the World Cup next season

4 minutes ago, Crispypaul said:

390.png.40749294d88b0320443c44f88c7f0080.png       

USA
Gold Cup 2029

Spoiler

Congrats on making it to the leader board again. I used to make a song and dance about it, but honestly, I've run out of fun ideas, so I'm just glad to have someone to add, because it's a bit sparse at the moment.

106808.png.3b421350ccfb7474aee710b22b350c2c.png

Crispypaul
Ulsan
K League 1

League - Summary 1 | Summary 2 - smashed the league this season

KFA Cup - Fixtures - 10-0 defeat of Suwon on aggregate in the final.  We've basically sewn up domestically

AFC Champions League - Fixtures | Table - won all of our games to top the table, weirdly we face SH Port in the next round?

Transfers - lost two players to Arsenal and Dortmund but at least they got loans back

Finances - I think there is a background sugar daddy as he throws money in every season

Squad 

Key players:

Kevin Deeromram - experienced Thai left back

Majed Al-Harthi - excellent Iranian centre half

Heung Min-Son - an obvious signing after being released from Juventus, although now playing midfield

Astrit Selmani - still scoring

Arian Kalantari - absolutely brilliant Iranian striker from, err, Stockport.

Oh Hyeon-Gyu - bought from Seoul, very prolific

Future - we should be able to win the CL next season

International (USA) - we've qualified for the 2030 World Cup where we face Slovakia and Ghana

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division			Position			Notes						
2022/23	 All Stars 		South African NFD	 	3rd				Promoted through playoffs
2023/24	 All Stars		South African PSL		4th				
2024/25	 All Stars		South African PSL		1st				Won MTN8, Telkom, Confed Cup
2025/26	 All Stars		South African PSL		1st				Won MTN8, Telkom, Nedbank, CL, resigned
2026	 St Louis City FC	MLS				6th				Lost in SF playoffs
2027	 St Louis City FC	MLS				1st				Won MLS Cup, CL, Open Cup
2028	 Ulsan			K League 1			1st				Won KFA Cup
2029	 Ulsan			K League 1			1st				Won KFA Cup

International
Year	   	Team				Achievements
2023/24		Ghana
2024/25		Ghana				Qualified for AFCON, sacked!
2025/26		Senegal				Qualified for World Cup
2026		Senegal				World Cup SF
2027		Senegal				Won AFCON, resigned
2027		USA				Joined after Gold Cup
2028		USA	
2029		USA				Won Gold Cup, qualified for WC 2030

Challenge Progress

Club
 3/10 top domestic leagues (All Stars, South Africa, 24/25; St Louis City, USA, 2027; Ulsan, South Korea, 2028)
 3/10 domestic cups (All Stars, South Africa, 24/25; St Louis City, USA, 2027; Ulsan, South Korea, 2028)
 2/5 club continental championships (All Stars, Africa, 25/26; St Louis City, North America, 2026/27)

International
 2/5 continental tournaments (Senegal, Africa, 2027; USA, North America, 2029)
 0/1 world tournaments

Image result for cruz azul

Season 2036/37 - Cruz Azul - Mexican First Division

It's really only the champions league that we're playing for this season.  In the group stage we beat our three MLS opponents and drew with Chivas to top the group.  Like last year we were fortunate to have been drawn MLS opponents in the second round and quarters.  In the second round we had Houston away in a tough game where we drew 2 - 2 in a fixture that away goals matter.  I need not have worried as we won the home leg 5 - 0.  Next was Inter Miami where we won 2 - 0 away first up then paired that up with a 7 - 0 win at home. 

The semi was going to be harder playing against Mazatlin who were 8th in the closing stage and finished 5th in the opening stage. The first game was at home, we were the better team for the majority of the game but just could not score.  Their player received a second yellow card in the 87th minute and for the remainder of the game i went attacking and Parada our saviour plucked a 90th minute goal to give us a 1 - 0 lead going into the away leg.  We scored 2 goals in three minutes in the first 25 minutes to all but secure our place in the final. We ended up winning the game 3 - 2.  In the final we played Pumas and my left back and left wing were both suspended for the final which was played at home.

We conceded first in the 13th minute and i immediately thought not another year to spend in Mexico.  However we immediately equalised then were given two penalties before half time to go into the break 3 - 1 up.  We won the second half 3 - 1 as well to lift the trophy in front of our home fans!

We also won the opening stage and the Campeones Cup in pens for good measure. 

Currently playing the closing stage as there are no good jobs out there in Europe but most of the top leagues havent finished their season off yet, hopefully something good pops up.

2023-04-29(1).thumb.png.2e484b195a5fc8ad8e372d055eb2ff1c.png

image.png.d634b091012d549388d8c525f524096c.png

Edited by SkiIIs

Daegu FC - Facts and data | Transfermarkt

2027 Season Review - Daegu FC South Korea

Taking over with 8 games to go last season meant that I was able to firstly judge who I wanted from the squad and where I needed to bring players in. It also gave me a running start on planning as I spent the final few months of last season scouting players. This meant that during the off season I was able to get ahead and bring in my targets. The main ones being young CB Koo Joon-Young for £185k from the second league. I also spent 700k bringing in CM Kim Jae-Kwon from Busan. I had my full quata of foreign players so had to wait till the summer to move a couple on, this meant I was also able to add in South African CB Samkelo De Villiers for 450k from Sundowns.

This added quality meant I fancied us to really push for the title this season, I thought Jeonbuk (winners of 12 of the last 14 titles) would still be too strong but felt we could give them a run. I was right as we dominated the league and won it by a massive 12 points. Jeonbuk only lost 3 games this season (same as us) after they lost 9 while winning the title last year, they just drew too many while we found a way to win games. The real reason behind our success is star striker Kim Jun-Beom with 30 league goals in 33 games (and 45 in 46 for the season) just a monster at this level and he was already here when I took over. He came through the youth ranks and I have another 18 year old who just scored 79 goals at youth and reserve level this season. I love this club.

In the FA Cup we had a pretty easy run to the final where we faced Jeonbuk. At home in the first leg we blew them away with a 4-0 win, I have no idea what happened to them in this game, I thought the return would be a formality but we found ourselves 3-1 down just before HT. A quick goal from us before the break and one right after eased my fears but we then went down to 10 men, a goal from a corner gave us the lead on the night and they never got close again to give us a domestic double.

In the Champions League we made light work of our group, we're into the next round but the Champions League runs from Sept-May while our season runs Feb-Nov so will have to wait for that. Think the Saudi sides are still too strong for us but if I get the right players in this off season who knows? I might be able to knock the domestic side of Asia off really quickly.

Career Overview

2027		Daegu			KL	1st 		South Korea		Won the FA Cup
2026		Algeria			26th		
2027		Algeria			15th		Won Cup of Nations

Challenge Progress

Club
 2/10 top domestic leagues – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United), South Korea 2027 (Daegu)
 2/10 domestic cups – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United), South Korea 2027 (Daegu

International
 1/5 continental tournaments – Africa 2027 (Algeria)
 0/1 world tournaments

Vikeologist's 2039/40 Manchester United Season Report 

Manchester United Wallpaper 4K - Manchester United 4K Wallpapers ...

I was without a club job for a year and a half, waiting for something that would satisfy my inflated ego.

Finally the Manchester Utd job came up.

They hadn’t won anything for 23 years, but I put a stop to that with a League and Carabao Cup double.

The only thing remaining was a Champions League final against Bayern. We’d already got past our main competition, Manchester City, in the semi-final. Therein lies the problem. English sides are dominant in Europe, so if we don’t win this final I’ll have a choice between staying for another season just to win the CL, or hoping I can do it at some point in one of the other big 4 Euro leagues. Let’s hope that decision is academic.

Champions League Final

Spoiler

Manchester Utd             4-1    FC Bayern München

And there we are. One season and done, and the last tricky club cup ticked off.

Also the Pentagon. I get really annoyed when idiots on Twitter or wherever say that the Pentagon is ‘impossible’. I do wonder whether being able to take international jobs makes it easier or not though. Having an international job makes it harder to get a club job, but winning international trophies boosts your reputation.

So, now I’m definitely going to quit. Might stick around a month to see if a plum job comes up, but I’d like to remove the English league before next reset.

And of course I have the Copa America coming up. I must admit I took off all my Brazilian players (apart from my goalie) in the Champions League final once we were a few goals ahead to avoid injuries.

Top Goalscorer – Diego Esedin – 59

Not quite Endrick’s 75 goals at Flamengo, but pretty sure he played a lot less matches. (Yes, 47 starts as opposed to 61). It’s unusual for me to have strikers score this many, even though I only play 1 striker.

Unfortunately he’s Argentinian, so he may come back to haunt me soon.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Diego Esedin  - 7.63

Man of The Match – Diego Esedin  - 14

MVP – Diego Esedin

He’s not actually close to being my best player, but obviously, he was helpful, and did score a hat trick in the Champions league final - which was nice.

Domestic
23/24	Black Leopards	S African L1	1st		Kiyaam Bull 		SA Cup Q/F
2032	Suwon		Kor L1		2nd		Johnny			Took over in 8th with 21 matches to go.
2033	Suwon		Kor L1		1st		Johnny			League, Cup, ACL
2037	Flamengo	Bra L1		2nd		Endrick			Club World Cup, Brazilian Cup, Libertadores. Missed out on league by 1 point.
39/40	Man Utd		Eng Prem	1st		Diego Esedin		League, Carabao Cup, Champions League

International
Year			Team			Achievements
23-24			Fiji			Oceania Cup S/F
24			Morocco U23		Olympics Losing Finalists
26-27			Iran			Asian Nations Cup losing finalists
27-31			Morocco		ACON S/F
						WC R2
						ACON winners.
31-32			Belgium		Euro S/F
32-34			Mexico		Gold Cup, sacked after World Cup
35-36			Australia
36-			Brazil		WC S/F

Challenge Progress 17/32

Club
 5/10 top domestic leagues 		(S Africa, Mexico, S Korea, Brazil, England)			
 4/10 domestic cups 			(S Africa, S Korea, Brazil, England)							
 5/5 club continental championships	(Africa, N America, Asia, S America, Europe)		

International
 0/1 World Cup		

Edited by vikeologist

Vikeologist's 2040 Brazil Copa America Report 

Brazil National Football Team HD Wallpaper | Background Image | 2560x1600

I might have to win to keep my job and have another go at the World Cup in 2 years’ time.

Group Stage

Spoiler

Brazil          3-1    Colombia

Brazil          3-0    Bolivia

Brazil          5-0    Ecuador

Brazil          4-0    USA

Brazil          6-3    Peru

Super easy. Chile next.

Quarter Final

Spoiler

Brazil          4-1    Chile

Semi Final

Spoiler

Brazil          3-1    Colombia

We had a real scare. We were dominating the match, but without any end result when totally against the run of play, the ball hit the hand of one of our players in our box. Penalty. 1-0 down and with less than 15 minutes left we were heading home.

I threw absolutely everything at them in what can only be described as a kamikaze attack and we equalised. In the last 5 minutes we scored two more and they had a player sent off, so the scoreline looks respectable, but this was very nearly a nightmare.

Anyway, as expected, it’s Argentina waiting for us in the final.

Final / 3rd Place Playoff

Spoiler

Brazil          2-1    Argentina

They scored first when we made a mistake in defence and my most recent MVP Diego Esedin was there to take advantage.

It did look as though Argentina might dump us out of the second tournament in a row, but we fought back. It was a very close match. This is actually my 4th match in charge of Brazil against Argentina, and my first victory, even though our results against other teams are better than theirs.

After The Tournament

Spoiler

My plan is to stay at Brazil and try to win the World Cup, but if a top European national job comes up, I shall have to consider it, since I obviously need to win the Euros.

Oh, the latest Euros have finished and Spain had a disastrous early exit, so I guess I’m going to apply for that job. It’s tempting to think that I can win the WC with Brazil, and maybe I can, but Spain have much better players.

Left winger Fabão has been with me for the last 7 trophies I’ve collected for this challenge. He was at Flamengo when I took over. I brought him to Man Utd, and of course he’s now a starter in the Brazilian side.

Anyway, I have a new club job already. Just before the final I became the manager of Inter Milan. (Given the timing, I haven’t done one single thing regarding the club yet, but they look ok).

Anyway, I’ve won the Premier League, Champions League and Copa America today, so I think that’s quite enough. I’ll deal with Inter and maybe Spain another day.

Domestic
2037	Flamengo	Bra L1		2nd		Endrick			Club World Cup, Brazilian Cup, Libertadores. Missed out on league by 1 point.
39/40	Man Utd		Eng Prem	1st		Diego Esedin		League, Carabao Cup, Champions League
40/41	Inter			It Ser A

International
Year			Team		Achievements
						WC R2
						ACON winners.
35-36			Australia
36-			Brazil			WC S/F, Copa America

Challenge Progress 18/32

Club
 5/10 top domestic leagues 		(S Africa, Mexico, S Korea, Brazil, England)			
 4/10 domestic cups 			(S Africa, S Korea, Brazil, England)							

International
 3/5 continental tournaments 		(Africa, N America, S America)	
 0/1 World Cup		

Edited by vikeologist

Incidentally, on the subject of taking over Spain, I'd like to take you back to my FM18 Ultimate challenge.

Every thing was going swimmingly. It was 2041. I had won everything except the Euros and Asian Cup. Completion was in my sights. To be clear, I'd already won both the World Cup and Confederations Cup with Brazil. Didn't need them.

42-44    Holland                Euro Q/F Sacked
46-47    China                Asian Cup S/F Sacked
50-58    Spain                Won 3 Nations Leagues. the Confederations Cup and the World Cup  (and was runner up in all 3). But lost 2 Euros Finals. Pretty sure the second one was on penalties.
58- 59   Australia            Asian Cup R/U

This is the closest I've ever come to FM breaking me. I was seriously really depressed, so I have a lot of sympathy for people who need to step away from the game / challenge, and would never try to talk someone out of stepping away.

That's how my challenge ended that year.

4 hours ago, vikeologist said:

This is the closest I've ever come to FM breaking me. I was seriously really depressed, so I have a lot of sympathy for people who need to step away from the game / challenge, and would never try to talk someone out of stepping away.

International management has always been really difficult and random. Maybe it's a lack of care SI have put into it over all these years, we all know a myriad of little bugs and inconsistencies specific to international management. Then again, it's seemingly quite random even in real life, so...

One thing is for sure, this challenge wouldn't be even near to what it is now if it was only clubs.

10 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Incidentally, on the subject of taking over Spain, I'd like to take you back to my FM18 Ultimate challenge.

Every thing was going swimmingly. It was 2041. I had won everything except the Euros and Asian Cup. Completion was in my sights. To be clear, I'd already won both the World Cup and Confederations Cup with Brazil. Didn't need them.

42-44    Holland                Euro Q/F Sacked
46-47    China                Asian Cup S/F Sacked
50-58    Spain                Won 3 Nations Leagues. the Confederations Cup and the World Cup  (and was runner up in all 3). But lost 2 Euros Finals. Pretty sure the second one was on penalties.
58- 59   Australia            Asian Cup R/U

Ouch!!! That has got to bloody hurt!

Im in the middle of trying to win the AFCON for the first time, with my 5th nation....

Edited by SkiIIs

image.png.08b05f891b6b8df81c430c7ef0c2bccb.png

2037 AFCON - Egypt

Lost count how many times ive tried for this tournament but its with my 5th different nation.

The campaign started off with a 3 - 0 loss DR Congo which immediately lowered my expectations. I had a perfect record with Egypt for two years so to call it a shock is an understatement. We then won our next two games to qualify in second position from the group.

We then faced the host nation Algeria in the second round and easily dispatched them 3 - 0. We then beat Cameroon 5 - 0 and Mali 3 - 0 to build momentum heading into the final. 

It's at that point i realised how stacked our opponents were in the Ivory Coast with three players worth over 100m and other stars playing for big clubs such as Ajax, PSG and Arsenal. We rightfully got smashed 4 - 0.

Have lost count how many attempts and how many final losses in this tournament now and too angry to even go check.   

Edited by SkiIIs

image.png.08095cd7cb30f945d4aebf49b4d0dd2c.png

2028 Season Review - Daegu FC South Korea

After doing a league and cup double last season the focus this year was on the Champions League. We stumbled through the second round against Thai side Buriram United before a comfortable win over Brisbane Roar in the Quarter Finals. This set up a semi final against league rivals Jeonbuk, a comfortable 3-0 away from home in the first leg meant that the 1-0 loss at home didn't matter, though I was worried when they scored after 8 minutes. The main competition in this was the Saudi sides and namely Al-Hilal who had won back to back champions leagues. Al-Nasser (without Ronaldo these days) beat them in the Quarter Finals though, then beat another Saudi side Al-Sadd in the semis to set up the final against us. The home leg was a tough battle as despite us dominating chances we didn't look like scoring aside from a pen midway though the first half, our CB De Villiers popped up with a much needed 2nd just before FT. In the return game they never really laid a finger on us but, aside from a goal midway through the first half again, we couldn't score. However it was enough to secure the title.

With that won it was time to move on but with still half a season left on my contract I decided to play on and wait for a job to come come up instead of the much more sensible idea of resigning and going on holiday but as I chose to stay in we had a title to defend and defend it we did. Going unbeaten in the league all season and winning the title in the first game after the league split. We also made our way to the semi finals of the FA Cup again. Now the smart ones reading will see that the season isn't over and the cup stopped at the semi final stage and that's because in October I got a new job as I move over to Europe to take over a struggling FC Nordsjælland side that sit bottom of the league after 12 games.

Over the summer there was a European Championship as well as a Copa America so I was hoping for a new international job and there were a lot going but the one I got was one I wasn't even thinking of as the USA fired their manager after a poor showing in the Copa America. With the Gold Cup just a year away and this US team pretty stacked this could be a nice little quick spell. Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever managed them as I usually end up with Mexico so this could be fun.

Career Overview

2022/23		Polokwane City		NFD	11th 		South Africa		Took over with 9 games left of the season
2028		Daegu			KL	1st 		South Korea 		Won Asian Champions League. Completed B licence. Started on A licence.
2026		Algeria			26th		
2028		USA			12th 

Challenge Progress

Club
 2/10 top domestic leagues – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United), South Korea 2027 (Daegu)
 2/10 domestic cups – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United), South Korea 2027 (Daegu
 2/5 club continental championships – Africa 2026 (SuperSport), Asia 2028 (Daegu)

International
 0/1 world tournaments

On 23/04/2023 at 17:09, SkyjumperTalon said:

Club

A very successful season, although we are still yet to win that elusive Champions League. We lost in the semis to Manchester City, and a somewhat close title race saw us really fatigued in the midst of cup, continental, and league competitions each having matches nearly every week.

I'll stick around in an effort to win the champions league, only until a good job offer in England comes up. We'll see what happens.

Country

Final Preparations being made for the 2042 World Cup. We're ranked 3rd in the world, behind France and Argentina, the latter of which we dispatched easily in 2040 in the Copa America.

Challenge Progress

Domestic Leagues 9/10 (4 Big 5)

Domestic Cups 7/10

Club Continental 3/5

Continental 3/5

Global 1/2

TOTAL PROGRESS: 23/32

image.png.a59eac88169250a33eabc8b394e62a2f.png

image.png.bfa76e4b5fdf155cd7cb7859afa2d58a.png

image.thumb.png.10aad4f1f87b5872455c969ccdd92e2b.png

Lost in the semifinal of the 2042 World Cup.... I'm absolutely gutted. An 83rd minute strike from I think one of my former players sent the match to penalties, I just couldn't close out the game.

Don't know if there's going to be a team like this Brazil team I've been managing for the past few years. I'll see what jobs will become available after the World Cup, hopefully I can pick up a good European job.

Looks like I'll be moving to Liverpool. 

FC Nordsjælland Logo PNG vector in SVG, PDF, AI, CDR format

2028/29 Season Review FC Nordsjaelland

I took over after 11 games, so around a third of the season was gone, with the team bottom with only 7 point. However you could see they were not a bad side just underperforming, so we got down to it and the first target was to get into the top 6 for the Championship playoff group, we managed that but the sides in there were, in the main, still a bit too good for us. We managed to grab points from the top 2 but couldn't really beat the sides above us so in the end we finished a very good 4th place, taking 43 points from the 21 games we had. This meant we had a final playoff against AaB who finished top of the relegation group to see who would get the final European spot, we cruised it 3-0 to give us European football next year.

In the cup we had a great run to the final but, despite battering them really, we lost in extra time to FC Midtjylland in a killer blow.

It's going to be a very busy summer as I look to move on a lot of old players and rebuild this squad while also trying to win the Gold Cup with USA 

Career Overview

2028		Daegu			KL	1st 		South Korea 		Won Asian Champions League. Completed B licence. Started on A licence.
2028/29		FC Nordsjaelland	SL	4th		Denmark			Cup runners up
2026		Algeria			26th		
2028		USA			12th 
2029		USA			11th 	

Challenge Progress

Club
 2/5 club continental championships – Africa 2026 (SuperSport), Asia 2028 (Daegu)

International
 0/1 world tournaments

United States Soccer Federation - Wikipedia

2029 CONCACAF Gold Cup Review - USA

Group Stage

Spoiler

El Salvador 1-4 USA - comfortable as you'd expect from us

Guadeloupe 1-6 USA - comfortable again but started to worry about the lack of clean sheet

USA 0-1 Costa Rica - a rotated side that had a defender sent off after 6 minutes, we battered them but couldn't score and gave away a late pen to lose the game and the group

Quarter Final

Spoiler

USA 4-0 Trinidad & Tobago - felt for Trinidad as they managed to top their group which had Mexico in it and their reward was us. We clicked here and won this easily

Semi Final

Spoiler

USA e2-1 Canada - an annoying game, we scored early, they scored 90 seconds later and for the next 80 minutes we hammered away but couldn't score, extra time came and on the stroke of HT we broke form a Canada corner and scored to win the game

Final

Spoiler

USA 3-1 Mexico - the big one, they had a man sent off after 5 minutes and we scored twice before the break to make it a comfortable day. They pulled one back in injury time before we scored right from the kick off to restore the the 2 goal lead

Aftermath

Spoiler

This was honestly a nightmare, trying to prepare for a new season while making massive changes to the team at the same time as this was going on was something I did not enjoy, thankfully there's no tournament for a bit so could have a good couple of seasons to focus on the job I've got on my hands in Denmark

Career Progress 

2028/29		FC Nordsjaelland	SL	4th		Denmark			Cup runners up
2026		Algeria			26th		
2028		USA			12th 
2029		USA			11th 		Gold Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

International
 2/5 continental tournaments – Africa 2027 (Algeria), North America 2029 (USA)
 0/1 world tournaments

Image result for man utd

Season 2037/38 - Manchester United

First season at Man Utd, having assessed the team we were really top heavy having 3 gun strikers and then some decent players around them.  My initial thoughts that we werent really strong enough to challenge on all fronts as our depth fell away really quickly.  In the end we didnt get any ticks off the challenge this season but it was an enjoyable season nonetheless. 

The league was an exciting battle between ourselves and Arsenal. First half of the season we found ourselves first but then lost to them away 2 - 0 which saw them overtake us and never look back. We finished second with 91 points which was a record for the non title winners. 

In the Champions League, we were knocked out in the QF's by Newcastle on penalties. It's a shame away goals dont count as we would have progressed drawing 0 - 0 at home then 1 - 1 away.

We made it to the Final of the FA Cup where we faced Tottenham. Before this season, Spurs had won the league 4 times in a row and surprisingly have a very strong team. We went into the break 1 - 1 then conceded in the 62nd minute then copped a red card 3 minutes later.  We managed to pull one back in the 91st but it was a consolation only.   Tottenham then offered me an interview however i asked for more transfer funds and wages and was unsuccessful.

With Egypt, we played the World Cup where we were knocked out in the second round by eventual runners up Portugal.   After the World Cup i decided to apply to some bigger nations and now find myself leading Brazil. .

image.png.c702f4bc5673c58105055cef04742f07.png

Edited by SkiIIs

Vikeologist's 2040/41 Inter Milan (and Spain) Season Report

The Evolution of the Inter Crest - C.F. Classics

Luckily after leaving Man Utd, a suitable job came up in one of the other 4 big nations.

We won the league easily, but that still left the cup. Lose in the final and I’d probably have had to stay another season, but we won that easily.

That just left the champions league final against my old Man Utd team. Don’t need to win it again, but we did, which was nice. 2 in a row. (For me).

Obviously looking for a big job in Spain, Germany or France next. Will be progressively fewer suitable jobs.

Top Goalscorer – Federico Nocera – 37

A bit of a misleading total. I use 1 striker and rotated two of them. Between them they scored 72 goals despite rarely if ever being on the pitch at the same time.

Nocera was 32 when I signed him and has well over 100 caps for Italy, but had never previously played in the country at all, having presumably grown up in Australia. He had quite the homecoming.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Dániel Kis – 7.94

Not sure if this is a record for my save. Attacking midfielder.

Man of The Match – Dániel Kis – 11

MVP – Dániel Kis

Going perfectly at club level which is more than can be said for my International career.

Left Brazil (who thanks to Copa America success with me are now ranked 1 in the world) for Spain who seemingly have much better players, but it’s not translating to results. We finished second to a not particularly good Belgium in the nations League and we’ve already managed to draw against 59th ranked Romania in World Cup qualification. Worried I made a big mistake.

Domestic
40/41	Inter		It Ser A	1st		Dániel Kis		League and Cup double, plus Champions League.

International
Year			Team		Achievements
						WC R2
						ACON winners.
35-36			Australia
36-40			Brazil			WC S/F, Copa America
40-			Spain

Challenge Progress 20/32

Club
 6/10 top domestic leagues 		(S Africa, Mexico, S Korea, Brazil, England, Italy)			
 5/10 domestic cups 			(S Africa, S Korea, Brazil, England, Italy)							

International
 3/5 continental tournaments 		(Africa, N America, S America)	
 0/1 World Cup		

Edited by vikeologist

800px-Club_Am%C3%A9rica_logo.svg.png

CLUB AMÉRICA 2035/36

After joining América and taking them out of the bottom in the last games last season, and after getting to know my players, I was surprised about the results before my arrival, as I felt that the squad had a lot of quality. Well, this was confirmed by my first transfer window at the club:

cca3af9d08c30dbe53b50cb9faa35a60.png

61 MILIONS!!!! In player going out, and 6 starters going out to european clubs. My approach was to loan back almost all of them, as I didn't have a good scouting knowledge to replace them with mexican players. Now, at the end of the season, and with all the loans ending, is where the fun will start as I will have to replace them... While trying to build a team to fight for NACL.

APERTURA 35/36

409e7a6aa30bfed7bcf36f44520408d3.png

14123e0de39c77c40e05030cc8fee66b.png

Smashed all the rest during the group stage - and it was absolutely key. I was flying over mexican football, but then the January transfer window opened - and players wanted to leave for european teams. As selling them would break my team, I denied all the transfers... and players got unhappy, teammates got unhappy and there were a pair of mutinies. Knockout stages were difficult - so, were I was flying, now I was struggling to get good results: in fact, beat QF and SF by coeficient (as being the best team in league table) and the final only by penalties. Lesson learnt: a happy player is better than a moody star player.

CLAUSURA 35/36

ebc10f962b21a659b075d56a277bace5.png

2ac49d35b59d942aa1aae4a2c7c0915e.png

Happy players, flying ANGL, happy ANGL. Lesson totally learnt.

COPA MX

Just an advice, as I didn't know before taking over América: Copa Mx is being replaced by Leagues Cup, a competition between mexican and MLS teams. I suppose this one doesn't count as a domestic cup? @vikeologist Didn't won it neither.

Anyway - next season, NACL as next goal, busy transfer market in which I have to replace half of my squad... Lets go!

e8b64612376bd511e7549861b8a77308.png

adc7e9cd810139c5bf26197f4bda7346.png

Title count: 5/32

18 minutes ago, ANGL said:

COPA MX

Just an advice, as I didn't know before taking over América: Copa Mx is being replaced by Leagues Cup, a competition between mexican and MLS teams. I suppose this one doesn't count as a domestic cup? @vikeologist Didn't won it neither.

no. doesn't count,

Edited by vikeologist

It's been a while, but I think I'm coming back to this save. My last update was when I left Vasco de Game to go to Chelsea mid-Premier League season. With Chelsea mid-table, I thought it would be a 3.5 season job, but it only took 1.5 seasons in the end. Easily the most success I've ever had with a club in such a short period of time.

Season 2027/28 - Joined in January

I joined Chelsea in January 2028, with them in 9th in the Premier and got knocked out the cup in my first game. However, we were still in the Europa League and with 4th in the Premier League most likely out of the question, that seemed to be the best route to the Champions League, We beat Hertha, Anderlecht and Barcalona along the way and then beat Leverkusen in the final. We also managed to sneak up to 5th in the league. Despite not having the best squad in January, they did have quite a bit of money. I went and plundered a lot of the players from Brazilian clubs that I'd played with and against in my time with Vasco de Gama, including my career striker Santiago Soto, who just fits my formation perfectly. We also sold on a lot of the deadweight, making almost 200m that way.

image.png.359e922758fd01b108fd5cf96452e679.png

image.png.9741da45b88cbaee7d741017dacead68.png

Season 2028/29

We were aggressive again in the summer and spent >450m and sold >400m. My aim was to build a champions league winning team, with this season giving them a year to adjust and then another 2 seasons to win it. I don't know why but I've always struggled to win the champions league, even with mega teams. However, this team managed to almost win everything, 5 trophies, in its first season - Super Cup, Charity Shield, Premier League, Carabao Cup, Champions League and Club World Cup. I've never seen anything like it in one of my saves. The squad wasn't even the best. A lot of luck along the way. In particular, it's the first time I've ever won the Club World Cup in any save since Championship Manager 97/98 days. I've always struggled with the lack of fitness/shape. We then took Mexico to an incredible lucky Gold Cup win against Canada in the finals. We therefore managed to tick off 5 of the challenges for this list. 

After that we moved on to Juventus who have by the far the strongest team in Italy. Hopefully, a year then and then move on to another European team. I've taken the creenshots whilst at Juventus hence Chelsea aren't highlighted, but have included my career milestones as proof. 

image.png.ff0b49365b34c551ea271e3760c3afb0.png

image.png.6b36bc78288a97e14e0fc57582ac1501.png

image.png.1b1cb98a1df35adedc3256d84646c5b8.png

image.png.09b57baecc697e8424cf37f440fb06fa.png

image.png.eb3bf967ab0e1e41d432d2a17a23435f.png

image.png.7c0a4a9b69cff87e37ff2d96d453707f.png

image.png.49c967500957879e0ab3d442ef7bdba3.png

image.png.25873850dd7e38ed78e051d36775b865.png

image.png

Edited by leyrtj

5623165.png.1f98266a5093be47e8b26ef954987826.png

Neroca FC 2022/2023 Season Review

Its time for my first attempt at this challenge as I was looking for a different challenge. This is my profile at the start.

It took me until Feb/23 to get a positive response. I took over the club with 7 games to go and with the mission of avoiding relegation from Hero-I.
We finished 10th, safe and sound from relegation. The board offers me an award in the form of a National C License.
With practically all the squad leaving at the end of the contract, I expect a busy transfer window.

Season     Team     Position   Notes and Achievements
2022/2023  Neroca	 10th	   Got National C Licence

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues ()

0/10 domestic cups ()

0/5 club continental championships ()

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/1 world tournaments ()

Edited by The7Striker

Season 2029/30

Juventus already had a team which was already far above anyone else in Serie A. I made a couple of purchases but they weren't really needed. Serie A and Coppa Italia were won quite easily, other than being 1 - 0 down at half time in the cup. We lost in the quarter finals of the Champions League to the Chelsea team I built - they won the quintruple this year. Lucky I don't need to win the champions league again! At the end of the season the Real Madrid job was available so off I go to them. The only issue is that they want me to win La Liga after finishing 6th last season. It might be possible but could be a first sacking if not.

image.thumb.png.5cb6deececf02245dd364c0c14d84ccc.png

image.thumb.png.70fdc912bbb1d4d3eee2b69048bbaaae.png

image.thumb.png.8530389026b23a94905a7b62a1077885.png

image.png.31cd370430b97fdbca8e00d116f9d97c.png