FM21 What season are you up to and which team?

Hi guys!

As FM has been out a few days and having already seen someone already post a 204/25 season review I wanted to know what season you are up to and what teams you all are. Also what have you enjoyed (new feature or just good moments) so far :)

Haha well thats better than me. I am working 7 days straight and havent had much time yet. Start my usual save joining big clubs to have a look around and see ratings etc and also just trailing my journeyman unemployed save. Which leagues to load etc so havent played a game or pressed continue yet!

8 league games into the first season with Fortuna Sittard. To be honest, I've spent more time on here moaning about the matchday UI than I have actually playing it :lol:

I would be further on, but I'm also still enjoying my Stirling save on FMT20, so been playing that a lot too. 

2023 Kaiserslautern. Currently trying to get us promoted to the Bundesliga and failing :lol:

Most fun I've had so far is just playing the free agent market, have managed to assemble a fairly good squad for our league. And of course trying to develop my best regens.

Enjoying watching the games way more than last year, extended highlights seem to be more like comprehensive (think matches are taking about 15 minutes).

Started unemployed, joined Skovde AIK in Sweden after about 12 games, got them promoted in the play offs, now just about. to start 1st season in First Division Elite. Date time it's only March 21.

Loving the types of goals I'm scoring, real placement of shots and headers. Maybe it's because I'm not used to the match play yet, but I'm not seeing a highlight come up and automatically know if a goals coming or not and who for.

Managing Sunderland in the first season with half left we are currently second place behind Blackpool.

The first couple of games were tough as we did not score a single goal!
But then one of the things I love about FM made us go unbeaten for 9 games and that was picking up some random striker on a free transfer and he just turned our luck since joining!
His name is Kaylen Hinds if you are intrested 😀

I am 8th in the prem with my created club after 10 games with a game in hand. My team is literally Crystal Palace with a new name. Although, I have had a fairly easy start to the season. The only "big 6 teams" I played are Tottenham and Liverpool away, I lost them both by one goal. Zaha has 16 in 13 games for me so far!

20201114121225_1.jpg

20201114121127_1.jpg

20201114121211_1.jpg

41 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I'm still preseason of my Deportivo save (which I plan to be a long one so no rush). Not helped by the fact that I accidentally started in with English early preseason and games are not starting to mid october in my league!

Haha happens to all of us!

4 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I have 13 friendlies to play before my first match :lol:

:eek::eek::eek:

For anyone interested I'm still trialling. All leagues (minus 5 I know I wont want to play) and 125k+ players. Just became the boss of new caledonia and think I can get them to the world cup! Turned down Nantong (China), Chennai and Tiddum Road (India) and Central Espanol (Uruguay).

I'm just about to start my second season with Leeds. We finished 3rd and have Champions League football to look forward to... Except I'm stuck in an endless loop on the pre-season meeting screen and can't progress. That's the beta for you I suppose...

Started as my.club Everton, couldn't sign anyone as you never can in first season as you don't have much budget and clubs won't buy your players

Was doing ok, in 8th after 33 games, got sacked because Europa League Qualification became impossible.

2 weeks later got the Leicester job, who were bottom of the league and already relegated.

11 games with Leicester in the championship currently top, with a much changed Leicester side as most had to be sold.

Big players like Ndidi, Tielmans, Perreria, Solanciu, Schmichael, Gray, Barnes, Perez, Castange, have all left.

Only Vardy, Justin, Evans and Maddison stuck around.

Managed to sign Danny Rose, Phil Jones, Lingaard, Anthony Gordon (loan) James McCathy.

Jamie Vardy is still tearing it up with 7 goals from first 11 games, really enjoying this 

Got fired after two seasons in a save but that wasn’t too much of a problem as it was just getting a feeling for the game.

My actual save is a created club. Looked at a list of German cities that are poor/have a low GDP and bottom of that list was a city called Suhl.

Born from this was FC Suhl 20. A club created in the hopes of raising the fortunes and economy of this beautiful - yet desperate - city. A city which, in times past, was a leading manufacturer of metal-works. Inspired by this, the team has adopted the nickname “Die Schmiede” (translated to mean The Forge/The Blacksmiths).

Located nearby the Großer Beerberg mountain range, they play at the Beerberg Stadion.

Edited by SMV90