[FM21] [WIP] E20 - England to Level 20 (maybe 21)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 21/01/2021 at 17:49, godlessshoes said:

Amazing work Dan, really enjoying playing as my local club, even though it's not the one i support,

Just something I have noticed - i'm playing at Level 10 (Hellenic Dvision One East specifically) and a lot of the 'preseason' messages like choosing my captain, pitch dimensions and expectations were after the start of the first season - 5-7 games deep in fact. Is this just because of the COVID adjustments in the first year?

Also, i wait for your database every year and im amazed at the level of work you go to - do you have a paypal or anyting i can thank you on?

There's a link on his twitter

Edited by Brother Ben

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dan, can I get permission to merge my Isle of Man database with this one to get a playable FC Isle of Man with the national DB for me to host in my thread? I'll give full credit, of course. It just saves me the job of re-creating England just to make 1 team correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Andy, an FM addict.

Specifically a lower league Danfile addict. I quit and uninstalled everything 2 years ago after 2 decades of non-stop play. But being an addict, I've come crawling back. Steam won't allow me to unlock an FM21 key due to living in the wrong part of the world, so I went back and reinstalled the last one I bought, FM19 together with my old DanBHTFC file. Happily noodling away in Devon & Exeter Division 7, level 19 like I've never been away. No point posting in the FM19 thread, and I won't clog up this FM21 one - I'm just dropping in to say I've been using Dan's files for many many years now and I couldn't play FM without one.

Cheers Dan, KUTGW!

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Hi, I'm Andy, an FM addict.

Specifically a lower league Danfile addict. I quit and uninstalled everything 2 years ago after 2 decades of non-stop play. But being an addict, I've come crawling back. Steam won't allow me to unlock an FM21 key due to living in the wrong part of the world, so I went back and reinstalled the last one I bought, FM19 together with my old DanBHTFC file. Happily noodling away in Devon & Exeter Division 7, level 19 like I've never been away. No point posting in the FM19 thread, and I won't clog up this FM21 one - I'm just dropping in to say I've been using Dan's files for many many years now and I couldn't play FM without one.

Cheers Dan, KUTGW!

Where exactly are you based? I'm from Malaysia and able to buy FM21 via Steam and works well. 

3 hours ago, Eggie86 said:

Where exactly are you based? I'm from Malaysia and able to buy FM21 via Steam and works well. 

Cambodia. I guess we're not "developed enough". I may be the only customer in the country so not economically viable!

I've seen gone back over old private messages on here, and now I recall I could only activate FM19 because a mod here kindly did  it on his own PC - unofficial, but no harm done.

Maybe I'll try again when Dan's finished his FM21 file. I'll be happy with my FM19 19-level career for a while yet!

Nice one dan. Thinking out loud maybe don’t put the full level (divisions ie 72 in level 12) put 40 ish then you could possibly do down to level 20. Ye people won’t be happy there team not in it they can all way add the team them self not hard.

I made my own version of level 20 with this fill I removed 8 leagues in level 12 and just added them to make level 20, I’m not to fussed it not 💯. Level 11 down I don’t really follow, just like building my team reputation up as I put my own team (CPD Bangor CIty) on a 13 year transfer ban and give my team players I know in real life (there in there 30s tho haha).

one day you will stop making these files I’ll be so gutted. I think this will be the last time I use the file. If/when I ever start again (in future fms) I’ll do a save using obscure teams like Mongolia or geeenwood. Unless when you fin this file I hope it’ll work on fm22 with a few tweaks would be cool if it works like previous fms have.

thanks Dan for these files you’ve done. Can’t tell you how they have helped me escape real life. Hope you keeping well and safe (and everyone else reading this) 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿😊👍

2 hours ago, Howie8217 said:

one day you will stop making these files I’ll be so gutted. I think this will be the last time I use the file

Howie, you'll do like i'm doing - stop buying new upgrades to FM, and just keep making new careers using Dan's last file - should get a decade of pleasure out of it easy!!

48 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Howie, you'll do like i'm doing - stop buying new upgrades to FM, and just keep making new careers using Dan's last file - should get a decade of pleasure out of it easy!!

I’d be happy to play FM19 that file, but there a few things I’d miss like match engine is noticeable tactics and some small bits. But I all ways get the new fm for the sake of it I’m going to try and stop lol

2 hours ago, OptimusPrime said:

Have you thought about getting a vpn?

Tried that - system's too smart. Although I later saw deep in Steam settings a thing where you can lie about your location, which might work in conjunction with vpn. But I've already got my refund, and I'm not going to pay out for FM21 again unless I'm 100% sure I can get it activated.

On 05/03/2021 at 20:26, Lenzar said:

Is there a reason that the county FA Cups aren't in the database?

Can't add specific teams to cups at the moment, only leagues, plus County Cups is ok if this was only down to Level 10 as then the same teams play in the competition every season, because my database goes low down County Cups will not work 

Not sure if this is something you can fix, but I noticed a bit of weird sideways movement followed by relegation. 

Nostell MW start in the Northern Counties First Division which is Level 10 and they are based near Wakefield.  

After the first season, they were moved to the East Midlands Counties League which they then got relegated from and ended up in the Lincolnshire League on Level 11

This would never happen in real life but not having the best knowledge of the current editor wouldn't know if it is a longtiude/latitude issue or something else.   it is the only example I have noticed, but I am sure there must be more. 

On 14/03/2021 at 17:35, Pompeyboyz said:

Not sure if this is something you can fix, but I noticed a bit of weird sideways movement followed by relegation. 

Nostell MW start in the Northern Counties First Division which is Level 10 and they are based near Wakefield.  

After the first season, they were moved to the East Midlands Counties League which they then got relegated from and ended up in the Lincolnshire League on Level 11

This would never happen in real life but not having the best knowledge of the current editor wouldn't know if it is a longtiude/latitude issue or something else.   it is the only example I have noticed, but I am sure there must be more. 

You can set in the database which leagues teams are supposed to go in at which level.

16 minutes ago, Ellis_D said:

You can set in the database which leagues teams are supposed to go in at which level.

This is not to do with promotion and relegation though on the first part.

Nostell MW were mid table and ended up moving for no reason the next season. 

It is a geographical issue within the editor where you can set the longitude and latitude of leagues or teams and it sorts this out.  

2 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

This is not to do with promotion and relegation though on the first part.

Nostell MW were mid table and ended up moving for no reason the next season. 

It is a geographical issue within the editor where you can set the longitude and latitude of leagues or teams and it sorts this out.  

Yes bit the point I am making is, if it is set in the database that at Level 8 they will play in League A, they will stay in that league the next season (unless promoted or relegated) and not move over to random leagues. I had this issue myself a few years back and this is the way to resolve the issue. It's very time consuming to do it with every team, of course, so I just do it with the team I am managing and a few others.

6 minutes ago, Ellis_D said:

Yes bit the point I am making is, if it is set in the database that at Level 8 they will play in League A, they will stay in that league the next season (unless promoted or relegated) and not move over to random leagues. I had this issue myself a few years back and this is the way to resolve the issue. It's very time consuming to do it with every team, of course, so I just do it with the team I am managing and a few others.

I have just been playing with the editor again and see what you mean now. 

At level 9 Nostell MW are correctly set in the region for the Northern Counties Premier League but they are not set at level 10 for anything. So due to this not being locked down, it meant they ended up shifting, even though they shouldn't have.

As you say, very time consuming 

Yeah exactly mate. It would mean Dan editing them from levels 10 downwards, how many teams? There must be thousands, would take forever. Hence why I just stick to my club plus a few of our rivals, to make sure we end up in the same leagues if we go up.

It's the latitude/longitude of the stadium they play in which causes this issue, with these databases I run a quick soak season, check which teams have geographically shifted where they shouldn't, check their location details on the datafile and input them when missing. Also worth setting the parameters of each league geographically (n,s,e,w towns) to keep a clear lock on this kind of movement.

What I’ve found over the years is that if clubs are already on the database they’re more likely to move around divisions than created ones. But you need accurate north east south west boundaries, regional divisions, next division set, minimum and maximum number of teams in divisions to make it as close to perfect as possible.

You can mass add/edit regional divisions now so you don’t have to do them individually.

7 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

hey all... I have taken @Dan BHTFC database file from the Opening post and re-verified it due to the update and saved it... no errors in editor so it should be good to go for those who want to use it while Dan does more levels

E21 - England to Level 12 (most League Cups).fmf 1.84 MB · 0 downloads

Dan’s posted an update to his file on his twitter

4 hours ago, dbrown6 said:

Hi Dan, 

This is amazing, but when i went to play it, it says that there was a problem with teams in one of the devon leagues 

image.thumb.png.f6d6ba990b94599c90ea682736e0aed8.png

Are you using any other editor data files along with Dan's? From your screenshot it looks like you've got an error with USA as well.

3 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Are you using any other editor data files along with Dan's? From your screenshot it looks like you've got an error with USA as well.

Yeah i was, I was using a canada one that i made in which i move toronto II into a bigger CPL. 

4 minutes ago, dbrown6 said:

Yeah i was, I was using a canada one that i made in which i move toronto II into a bigger CPL. 

That might be the issue, loading two nation rules up with created competitions at once as there might be an competition ID conflict. Are you able to run Dan's file on its own?

2 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

That might be the issue, loading two nation rules up with created competitions at once as there might be an competition ID conflict. Are you able to run Dan's file on its own?

Just tried to load it up, with dan being the only editored creation on. Yes it did work

54 minutes ago, cbz1979 said:

I remember for the 2019 database, somebody also made a club badge file to go alongside it....is anyone doing this again this year? Have looked but cant see anything 

MikeyStephenson.  I've gone back to FM19. I reloaded Dan's file and Mikey's logo pack. The logos at the lower levels are out of sequence now, which leads me to assume he updated the config file for a later version - maybe this one. The original link is here:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/457905-fm19-england-level-19-all-leagues-team-logos/

- he may have reposted an up-to-date link in another thread.

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

MikeyStephenson.  I've gone back to FM19. I reloaded Dan's file and Mikey's logo pack. The logos at the lower levels are out of sequence now, which leads me to assume he updated the config file for a later version - maybe this one. The original link is here:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/457905-fm19-england-level-19-all-leagues-team-logos/

- he may have reposted an up-to-date link in another thread.

Ahh thank you, I might have to play and add them in to this 2021 version :-) 

17 minutes ago, FooDragon said:

Has anyone tried a network game using this? Having some issues with a friend, in that whoever joins has their game crash when selecting "Choose Team".

Any ideas?

Do all people involved have the same files installed?

Might be if not, that one persons version of FM is not able to recognise the file and hence the crash

On 22/03/2021 at 20:58, Danchinaski said:

There's an issue with this which causes created teams to have no pre-season friendlies, but several friendlies arranged during the season. Is there any possibility this can be rectified?

I'm assuming nobody else is having this issue? If there's any way to fix it please let me know, it's a save-spoiling quirk for me and I'd like to remove it before starting a save. 

I downloaded and started a career with the other England Level 11 update but the team I want to use London Samurai Rovers doesn't produce japanese regens unlike previous years ,can you give me info about that team and Japanese regens?