Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

2 hours ago, DP said:

I’m seeing far too many people winning the league with Arsenal in season 1. Bit off. 

That's what happens when a proper manager takes charge, rather than the fella who used to put the cones in and out for Pep ;)

Edited by Mr U Rosler

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 ore fa, DP ha scritto:

I’m seeing far too many people winning the league with Arsenal in season 1. Bit off. 

I'm having Man Utd/City being particularly consistent in CL instead. As much as Chelsea or Liverpool. No way a German, Spanish or Italian team winning the damn cup.

I re-started season one 4 times and had 4 EPL winners: Liverpool, Chelsea, Liverpool, City. Utd semifinalist twice.

I had a look at Man Utd players, noticed this 23 yrs old player named Wan-Bissaka having 20 on tackles. 

Van Dijk has 17. Sergio Ramos has 18. 

Just wondering, meanwhile I keep testing. I'm sure I'm the only one experiencing this.

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

And yet a lot of people were saying that the Arsenal players were rated too low when we first released the game. Can't win it seems :seagull:

A lot of people were saying that the Arsenal prospects and young players were rated too low, and it was mostly a dispute over their ceilings rather than what they are now.  Many of those same people were saying that Arsenal's experienced players, like Alex Lacazette, Hector Bellerin and Granit Xhaka, were rated too highly.  And fortunately some changes were made, especially to Lacazette's and Bellerin's speed stats. 

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Vali184:

We are the beta testers until march every year.

and be left with a not finished product anyway, after they tell us that some broken things will not be fixed.

its kind of frustrating somehow. They should change those things. 2 week beta is way to late.

Edited by KiLLu12258

2 часа назад, Neil Brock сказал:

And yet a lot of people were saying that the Arsenal players were rated too low when we first released the game. Can't win it seems :seagull:

Arsenal fans said that? :lol:

Overrated players have been at Arsenal in recent years. High speed, extra mental, key games 15/20, godlike Ozil.

upd - And yes, I wrote about this in research/database threads. Shared official EPL stats where Bellerin and other no are so fast. Didn't change something in next update so I stopped to waste my time. It simpler for me to use own DB
In fact, DB changes sometimes are very ponderous. For example, in FM20 Spanish club Almeria has the new board, suggar daddy. But he left club after few months because researcher used 18 instead 180 (there are 0/200, no 0/20) so suggar daddy left own club ASAP in FM20. I wrote about this problem twice but this issue exist from FM20.1 for today

Edited by Novem9

Maybe City are a bit overrated? :) First season league table full detail. And no , Liverpool are not underrated, they just won the Champions league by beating Lazio 4-0

Also Werner was topscorer with 35 goals :eek:

image.thumb.png.9218b91477e882038cb8fbb2a5b8594e.png

Edited by andu1

1 minute ago, andu1 said:

Maybe City are a bit overrated? :) First season league table full detail. And no , Liverpool are not underrated, they just won the Champions league by beating Lazio 4-0

image.thumb.png.9218b91477e882038cb8fbb2a5b8594e.png

Seems to be a pretty good chance of Liverpool, Man City or Man Utd winning first season. Liverpool had a clean sweep of everything in my Salford save. Also won my Saint-Etienne save, though didn't grab the cups. In my original beta save with West ham Man City won first season.

IRL City aren't firing on all cylinders yet, but it's pretty reasonable to expect them to be title contenders in FM first season and will be up there competing at the end of the season IRL.

Afraid I'm done with 21 for now. Will revisit it after the later patches, but this is once again Switch-play-to-the-flanks-and-wingplay Manager as the game stands. A massive amount of work - boosting certain attributes to god tier status, giving players certain PPM's to just keep the play simple, and a truckload of TI's and PI's to kill wide play - alleviates it a little, but you're fighting a losing battle against what is hardcoded. Playing proper patient considered methodical build up and football, with fairly realistic patterns and sequences of possession and play, is a nigh on impossible task.

Back to saves on either 15 or 17 for me.

Il y a 3 heures, Neil Brock a dit :

Nah Saka potential is too low IMO.

He's been our best player 

However Xhaka, Willian, Pepe, Lacazette, Bellerin, Ceballos are all overrated.

10 minutes ago, mp_87 said:

Afraid I'm done with 21 for now. Will revisit it after the later patches, but this is once again Switch-play-to-the-flanks-and-wingplay Manager as the game stands. A massive amount of work - boosting certain attributes to god tier status, giving players certain PPM's to just keep the play simple, and a truckload of TI's and PI's to kill wide play - alleviates it a little, but you're fighting a losing battle against what is hardcoded. Playing proper patient considered methodical build up and football, with fairly realistic patterns and sequences of possession and play, is a nigh on impossible task.

I disagree, I got plenty of through balls. One - twos in the midfield and slow build up.

You just need the right tactic and right players.

Gegenpressing won't do it.

1 hour ago, Sharkn20 said:

I disagree, I got plenty of through balls. One - twos in the midfield and slow build up.

Yes, the through balls and the game speed are what keep me playing FM21 instead of FM20. Even still, I might revert a version because I hate not having match analysis when I want/need it and because of a few other small things that bother me.

2 hours ago, mp_87 said:

2 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

You just need the right tactic and right players.

Gegenpressing won't do it.

Same here. Plenty of through balls and play through the centre. Good crosses etc.
Quick play, slow play.  You name it.

If something doesn't work i tweak. If it still doesn't work i will get other players in, as the players that are playing obviously aren't up to the task i'm giving them.
If it continues the same way with the players i want/need, i'll revise my tactics. They simply aren't working. As simple as that.

The right tactics, players, familiarity and cohesion is very important.
That's my experience with FM21 so far. Been at many clubs already where i've been sacked or i've resigned.
Players were crap. Never got to the point they worked well together. Couldn't get players in and i was doomed.
Now i've managed to get more time with a club. The players i want/need to and they're familiar with the tactic and working well together.
Dominated the league and got promoted. The hard work begins now.

All of that in a sensical way.
In my experience that part is perfectly fine.
One have to remember as well though that there is a difference between differnt countries and leagues. My style in Sweden might not work so well in Brazil.

3 hours ago, Overmars said:

Yes, the through balls and the game speed are what keep me playing FM21 instead of FM20. Even still, I might revert a version because I hate not having match analysis when I want/need it and because of a few other small things that bother me.

It is there... Hidden

Go to tactics while u play the match, click in opposition, click in best performance, go to the blank box at the top left, hoover there, go to teams... voilá... Thank me later.

5 hours ago, mp_87 said:

Wasn't the ME considered quite good this year until like yesterday?  Did it change? I certainly liked it a lot, but I didn't play any games in about 3 days

Edited by SCCP1910

5 minutes ago, SCCP1910 said:

Wasn't the ME considered quite good this year until like yesterday?  Did it change? I certainly liked it a lot, but I didn't play any games in about 3 days

ME is great. :D "still".. miles away from any previous FM's.

Nice examples XaW. 

I've been very critical of the ME in the past, but this is without doubt the best one I've seen so far. Other issues, such as the newgen problem should be SI's priority at this point. 

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Or perhaps against more settled defence? Featuring good movement from the midfielder into space and notice how the striker pulls away from the DC towards the full back to get some space to receive the ball and turn.

inhBiEL.gif

Very nice goal and I'm seeing this sort of thing in my save too. F9 dropping deep, receiving the ball, turning and playing in the IF to finish the move off. :thup:

Edited by craigcwwe

4 hours ago, Bobek said:

Am I the only one who cant score goals from corners? I have around 20+ corners in every match and I dont have any good chances.. 

I just saw my first one playing on extended play on 3D . I was getting concerned but i google the goals from corners ratio and was surprised how low it actually is . Some say 2.5 to 32% and some say 13% 

+---------------------+---------------+--------------------+------------+
|         Team        |  Goals Scored | Goals from Corners | Percentage |
|        Arsenal      |       14      |          1         |    7.14    |
|      Aston Villa    |        7      |          2         |   28.57    |
|        Chelsea      |       21      |          1         |    4.76    |
|        Everton      |       17      |          2         |   11.76    |
|        Fulham       |       19      |          3         |   15.79    |
|        Liverpool    |       12      |          1         |    8.33    |
|    Manchester City  |       18      |          3         |   16.67    |
|   Manchester United |       24      |          6         |   25.00    |
|    Newcastle United |       11      |          0         |    0.00    |
|      Norwich City   |        7      |          1         |   14.29    |
| Queens Park Rangers |        7      |          0         |    0.00    |
|       Reading       |       11      |          0         |    0.00    |
|      Southampton    |       14      |          3         |   21.43    |
|      Stoke City     |        8      |          2         |   25.00    |
|      Sunderland     |        6      |          0         |    0.00    |
|     Swansea City    |       14      |          1         |    7.14    |
|  Tottenham Hotspur  |       17      |          3         |   17.65    |
| West Bromwich Albion|       13      |          3         |   23.08    |
|   West Ham United   |       12      |          2         |   16.67    |
|    Wigan Athletic   |       10      |          2         |   20.00    |
|        Total        |      262      |         36         |   13.74    |

2010/11 Ratio of Corners to Goal in the EPL

4 hours ago, Artin said:

@XaW what do you use to save those GIFs?

I use "ScreenToGIF", a free software I found while trying to figure out how to record a GIF. There are probably better tools, but it works. After that I upload them to imgur and post the .gif-link in here.

I love most of the game this year except set pieces. Throw-ins are just bizarre, more often than not the player throwing the ball just tries to throw it straight into an opposition player. I've had more goals against me from my own offensive throw-ins than from corners. Which leads me to the next set piece that just have turned impotent. A lot of corners each game yet I rarely see anything dangerous (just lost in extra time against Stoke thanks to 2 corner goals from them in short order, but other than that :P) from them. Penalties are also strange. But I'm playing Oxford United and we might not have good enough penalty takers. But I see less than 50% conversion rate on penalties. Those penalties we do put away are never winning goals but rather 3-1 or 2-0. So this might have to do with my players Mentals.

Otherwise, a great improvement on FM20!

13 hours ago, XaW said:
13 hours ago, XaW said:

I'm seeing a lot of varied goals, and I really like the ME. I just had this beauty of a threaded ball through and a perfect slot into the corner.

5cVMZgX.gif

@Neil BrockHow the net moves so erratically is beyond me and it has been like this since FM20. Can you please bring it up with the ME or art team as its these little things that count.

Doesn't just happen on goals either I've seen the ball hit the post and it still moves. It is particularly confusing when you're watching a penalty, it hits the post but the net jumps up like this and you have to take a moment to decipher what on earth just happened.

5 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Anyone played in Serie C? I won my group and now 3 group winners should be playing against each other but for some reason Juventus is one of them. Am I missing something or it should be bug?

20201222133646_1.thumb.jpg.97954adce7414a6ad582fe1dd252d4ed.jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They need some sparring games.

1 hour ago, saihtam said:

Anyone played in Serie C? I won my group and now 3 group winners should be playing against each other but for some reason Juventus is one of them. Am I missing something or it should be bug?

They do have a B team in Serie C - might be them - assume you've applied a name fix from somewhere, may not have quite worked correctly?

1 час назад, saihtam сказал:

20201222133646_1.thumb.jpg.97954adce7414a6ad582fe1dd252d4ed.jpg

2 минуты назад, duesouth сказал:

They do have a B team in Serie C - might be them - assume you've applied a name fix from somewhere, may not have quite worked correctly?

THIS! Check their squad

26 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Another question regarding assistant manager. Playing Serie C and it shows Assistant coach not manager and I can have them several ones. Is this unique to Italy or something is wrong?

This was a rule update for FM21 as some leagues in real life allow multiple assistants.

Anyone else experiencing super saves from opposition GK? After the update, I've played about 20-25 games, and in probbably 10-12 games opposition GK had superman saves where I shot 10-15 times on goal and nothing... I've had games with 4 xG but nothing went in...weird

Also no penalties, no free kick goals, no corner goals (neither me or the opponent)...

I forgot to mention, my striker has 15 DRI, 15 FIN, 15 COMP, 18 PACE... 3 goals, and last season he was best league scorer :)

45 minutes ago, duesouth said:

yes you are correct. Juventus u23 won group A.

Thanks for the info.

2 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

To be fair, we weren't that far off in the past. But then SI scrapped the graphics engine for a new one and that's when 2D started going downhill.

Your image would be an absolute dream, but I'm not holding my breath 2D will get that much attention any time soon. For some weird reason, SI seem to be obsessed with forcing everyone over to 3D. :rolleyes:

If they were, and I'm emphasising if because I doubt it's that simple, why would that be weird?  If no-one played 2D anymore, they wouldn't have to keep maintaining it and it could be removed.  Makes perfect sense if that's what they were going for.

7 minutes ago, forameuss said:

If they were, and I'm emphasising if because I doubt it's that simple, why would that be weird?  If no-one played 2D anymore, they wouldn't have to keep maintaining it and it could be removed.  Makes perfect sense if that's what they were going for.

I wonder if introducing a 'blimp cam' above the 3D pitch would work.  Would be top-down players rather than dots (which would give a bit of a Sensible World of Soccer vibe), but would at least give you a top down of the stadium around the pitch.

Edited by rp1966

30 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

I wonder if introducing a 'blimp cam' above the 3D pitch would work.  Would be top-down players rather than dots (which would give a bit of a Sensible World of Soccer vibe), but would at least give you a top down of the stadium around the pitch.

Yeah, that could definitely work (disclaimer: maybe it won't, I don't know) to have a 2D option in 3D.  Would that not be quite a desirable view for the tactical pervert managers out there in real life football?  Certainly the best way of observing shape, and a more exaggerated version of managers sitting high in the stands.

Core point stands though - it would make a kind of sense to try and "force" everyone towards 3D, because it's always nice to reduce complexity.  However, it's rarely that simple.  Place I used to work at kept up support for IE6 until a ridiculously late time, even while they were putting in pointlessly obfuscated fixes for things that should just work.  Apparently "just tell them to move" wasn't an option.