Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

Just now, bestbrother said:

Just be excited that when its won on Sunday, 'its coming home' is finished. Its done then, theres no more excitement left :D

I've always said that hosts winning big tournaments should always count as half a trophy.

It's expected to happen for any relevant team.

Just now, Zeonflux said:

Goes the way of the bigger teams? The Danish free kick that they scored was just as soft as the penalty

Kane got like 3 fouls that ended up as crosses in the box by just falling down for nothing.

Edited by GunmaN1905

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to credit Denmark - what a tournament it's been for them (in both the best and worst ways).

They played well tonight in spells but looked absolutely done from about 65 mins onwards. Incredible effort from their whole squad overall though, especially after such a traumatic start.

2 minutes ago, Smallen said:

Absolutely dominated them tbh and they could only score from a miss-hit free kick.

That's a very rosy look compared to how I remember the first half. I thought the Danes were great up until maybe the hour mark and then ran out of steam. They played some lovely attacking football at times, but of course over 120 minutes England was clearly the better team.

Games an absolute bogey - you have perfectly good goals being disallowed for no reason or because someone's toenail was offside yet blatant cheating like that is not overturned. Literally every single game Italy have played there have been borderline racist tropes by the commentary team about italian players playacting and faking injury - yet every single piece of mental gymnastics is rolled out to justify Sterlings actions because its 'the good guys'

Can we stop hearing about the hand of god or lampard goal now?

I'm not gonna lie, I wanted England to get knocked out through most of the tournament for the lols. But they've won me over. My daughter wanting England to win won me over. We're in a final, it's a damn good feeling.

Just now, bestbrother said:

Just be excited that when its won on Sunday, 'its coming home' is finished. Its done then, theres no more excitement left :D

Oh no, "It's Coming Home" is never finished. Come Qatar, we'll just be singing about "17 months of hurt" instead.

1 minute ago, qwertygod said:

Games an absolute bogey - you have perfectly good goals being disallowed for no reason or because someone's toenail was offside yet blatant cheating like that is not overturned. Literally every single game Italy have played there have been borderline racist tropes by the commentary team about italian players playacting and faking injury - yet every single piece of mental gymnastics is rolled out to justify Sterlings actions because its 'the good guys'

Can we stop hearing about the hand of god or lampard goal now?

What Lampard goal? It has to be over the line. 

Just now, Bootador said:

I'm not gonna lie, I wanted England to get knocked out through most of the tournament for the lols. But they've won me over. My daughter wanting England to win won me over. We're in a final, it's a damn good feeling.

God bless mini Boots

1 minute ago, Bootador said:

I like this England side, it's like an England I grew up in, than an England that isn't. If that makes sense.

Just now, Marc Albrighton said:

Except this isnt true though, you're literally just putting something on an entire country based on what you feel. Most people here agree it was soft so if it happened in any other game we'd all be saying the same thing. Its like this is the first game of football you have ever watched.

I'm 100% sure you don't get this worked up for the myriad of terrible decisions and dives in basically every game played, i presume you're also raging at the soft freekick that led to their goal too?

Absolutely spot on. He's trying to act superior but it's transparent and really petulant

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I've always said that hosts winning big tournaments should always count as half a trophy.

Kane got like 3 fouls that ended up as crosses in the box by just falling down for nothing.

Half a trophy?

Cmon, England are in the Final on merit. They have let in 1 goal, been a good team and have good players. International football is like that.

Its not even been won yet and it should be a great advert for the game England v Italy at Wembley for a trophy.

9 minutes ago, VamPook said:

Actually I think things only went to crap when Denmark subs came in

Poulsen was especially awful

Poulsen is always awful. One of those strikers that just never looks like he's going to score. He put all his attribute points into his physicals and had nothing left for the technicals.

Just now, Marc Albrighton said:

Except this isnt true though, you're literally just putting something on an entire country based on what you feel.

Is it? A post that was just made before you replied.

I don't have UK TV, so you tell me if this is true.

3 minutes ago, qwertygod said:

As qwertygod said, English media is always trying to present EPL as men's league, with hard, but fair tackles and proper football with no diving. While Italian and Spanish league are for cheaters and divers.

I'm 100% sure you don't get this worked up for the myriad of terrible decisions and dives in basically every game played, i presume you're also raging at the soft freekick that led to their goal too?

Even when I'm watching a random league game as a neutral, it's ruined after stuff like this.

As I already said multiple times, this is on VAR.

It's good for offsides, questionable for handballs and absolutely useless for everything else.

Can you tell me the point of VAR if it's not going to overturn a call like this in one of the biggest games of the year?

21 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Had to cheat your way to the final against a team that had it's best player nearly die and was a huge underdog.

Massive achievement.

I know you're upset but you're weaponising a man's heart attack to score points on a gaming forum. Might be time for some water and a walk.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Is it? A post that was just made before you replied.

I don't have UK TV, so you tell me if this is true.

As qwertygod said, English media is always trying to present EPL as men's league, with hard, but fair tackles and proper football with no diving. While Italian and Spanish league are for cheaters and divers.

Even when I'm watching a random league game as a neutral, it's ruined after stuff like this.

As I already said multiple times, this is on VAR.

It's good for offsides, questionable for handballs and absolutely useless for everything else.

Can you tell me the point of VAR if it's not going to overturn a call like this in one of the biggest games of the year?

Maybe you should stop watching it if you hate it so much?

1 minute ago, bestbrother said:

Half a trophy?

Cmon, England are in the Final on merit. They have let in 1 goal, been a good team and have good players. International football is like that.

Its not even been won yet and it should be a great advert for the game England v Italy at Wembley for a trophy.

Don't get me wrong, these 4 teams have proven that they're the best in the tournament and they were all deservedly in the semi-final.

If England wins it, they'll win because they have enough quality.

It's just that I always separated great teams that win it at home, from really great teams that win it in a different country or continent even.

5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3541847

5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Yeah, we're not a relevant team.

I'll still be very happy for Italy if they win on Sunday. Mancini has done an incredible job, but his bottle factor must be in overdrive right now.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Don't get me wrong, these 4 teams have proven that they're the best in the tournament and they were all deservedly in the semi-final.

It's just that I always separated great teams that win it at home, from really great teams that win it in a different country or continent even.

France in 1984 are the only team to have ever won the Euros at home.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

So no Euro winner's count as they've all been won in Europe? ;) 

Just now, av3ry said:

France in 1984 are the only team to have ever won the Euros at home.

Then they won a WC in '98 at home.

Questionable red for Croatia in semi-final and then Ronaldo mysteriously almost dies before the final.

Similar to this, tbh.

Italians should be careful about what they eat.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Bryan-Cranston-Holding-in-Tears-Godzilla

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Then they won a WC in '98 at home.

Questionable red for Croatia in semi-final and then Ronaldo mysteriously almost dies before the final.

Similar to this, tbh.

Italians should be careful about what they eat.

Haha, imagine Lasagnegate 2.0 :lol: