Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tony85 said:

Didn't you hear about the Austria - Italy game? The Italians believed before the the game that the English ref was going to get some of their players suspended / and or knock Italy out to help England's chances.

And also the constant asking why are England playing at home in the 2nd round when no-one else was despite this all being known for ages.

Italians taking the morale high ground on corruption. :D

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Yuko  you're the only person here who has been banned from a football thread previously. So I don't think you should be accusing anyone of not having a civilized discussion

Only because the mob didn't aporove of my point of view. 

If fascism is what you guys like here and everyone in sync having the same opinions chantingn and ganging up against everyone else, maybe you should reconsider the "discussion" phraseology at the header.

Just now, Yuko said:

If fascism is what you guys like here and everyone in sync having the same opinions chantingn and ganging up against everyone else, maybe you should reconsider the "discussion" phraseology at the header.

I think this should be enough now. I wont let myself getting accused of being a fascist. Mods?

1 minute ago, Yuko said:

If you're going to start accusing people of fascism then we're definitely not going to want you around in any discussion

1 minute ago, Yuko said:

Then stop trying to shut up the person who you disagree with. 

BS needs to be called out BS, easy as that. And you are very good at BS.

Edited by Carambau

Just now, InigoPatinkin said:

He's such a shameless Anglophobe. 

Absolutely no way he comes on here ranting like he has done if that goes the other way. Can talk about not wanting iNjUsTiCe but there's no chance he holds such bitterness if it happens in any other match or to England.

Just to be absolutely clear, people aren't mocking the disagreement with the penalty. Plenty of other posters have said they don't think it's a penalty.

What's being laughed at is the complete and utter meltdown, and absolute bollocks posted about some secret, evil conspiracy to try and get England through. 

• Administrators
Just now, kopsy101 said:

Pure on the edge of my seat waiting for another funny Yuko reply 

Think you'll be there for quite a while because he's not coming back

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

Danny Makkelie is deep woke guys. It’s part of the cultural Marxist agenda.

What does that mean exactly? What has being "deep woke" and a "Marxist agenda" got to do with football?

• Administrators

Just nerds with an political axe to grind think they are clever and funny and they are neither.

3 minutes ago, InigoPatinkin said:

The entire England football team has been kneeling at the start of the match to express their disgust at the lack of Marxist representation at the top of government. This entire thing is a Marxist takeover of the British institutions by radical leftist Marcus Rashford, it's why he hasn't been starting, he's too busy working behind the scenes on the coup. 

Oh, thank God for that. I thought it was going to be something bad.

The ENT are the traditional rivals of my national team. Hence, I like to see England lose. But even I think there's Anglophobia kicking about on here. There's banter and good natured rivalry, and then there's unhealthy obsession (we know all about this in Glasgow, much to society's detriment). 

I don't enjoy the incessant coverage of the ENT, but I can understand it. If Scotland got to a major final, I'd be happy to have build up every day. They could play "I can boogie" every minute (on second thought, nah, that would be annoying). 

If England win on Sunday, there remains a team they couldn't beat...

50 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Did Hungary get any punishment for their fans blatant homophobic and xenophobic chants and signs?

But England get hit for a single laser pen....OK it was at a crucial moment...but still. 

As far as I know they're investigating, whether they'll actually do anything is another matter.

I think the problem for England on the laser front is that the Danes and the ref had already raised it earlier in the game, I'm not sure how easy it is for stewards to spot the culprit though. It will only be some kind of trivial fine anyway.

7 minutes ago, Carambau said:

What does that mean exactly? What has being "deep woke" and a "Marxist agenda" got to do with football?

If only British journalists asked themselves those questions before writing their articles.

5 minutes ago, InigoPatinkin said:

The entire England football team has been kneeling at the start of the match to express their disgust at the lack of Marxist representation at the top of government. This entire thing is a Marxist takeover of the British institutions by radical leftist Marcus Rashford, it's why he hasn't been starting, he's too busy working behind the scenes on the coup. 

Damn the "Salford School"! 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Smallen said:

If only British journalists asked themselves those questions before writing their articles.

Most probably never even read Marx in their lives which is why it always amuses me.

26 minutes ago, Pukey said:
Good to see some foreign press having a completely normal one. Marca also suggesting there's a conspiracy :D 

Honestly, as much as this is proper swivel-eyed lunacy from the Italian and Spanish gutter press I would love for it to be true. UEFA paying back Boris Johnson for scrapping the Super League by telling the referee to disallow all Italian goals.

I'd celebrate in the street just as much.

Boris Johnson stopping the ESL and winning the cup for England surely means he runs in the next election unopposed.

39 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Good to see some foreign press having a completely normal one. Marca also suggesting there's a conspiracy :D 

So are Gazzetta in the pocket of Juventus?  What was their reaction to the Super League and the swift destruction?

And how much of a role did Boris actually have in the scrapping of it anyway?

10 minutes ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

Exactly!!!

Jensen alone could definitely be seen to be careless, and he body checks him, which can be seen as impeding a player with contact. Now personally I think that's soft to give, but it literally fits the definition of a penalty, we see them given and VAR basically never overturns them at that point

I'm probably as biased as you can get to yesterday's game and results, but some of the bitterness here and in the medias is beyond me.

Yeah, it was a soft penalty and a very painful way to loose for Denmark, but making it to the "robbery of the century" or create some BS conspiracy theories? :D 

26 minutes ago, InigoPatinkin said:

Overthrowing the wonderful capitalist institution of the European Super League, with notorious left wing rabble rouser Boris Johnson

8 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Jensen alone could definitely be seen to be careless, and he body checks him, which can be seen as impeding a player with contact. Now personally I think that's soft to give, but it literally fits the definition of a penalty, we see them given and VAR basically never overturns them at that point

Having gone through the thread this morning without seeing the actual incident I was expecting a ridiculously bad decision where a penalty was awarded for a ridiculous dive where no defender was even close to Sterling and ended up scratching my head at the seething anger. 

Not sure why this isn't featuring more in the chat tbh. This is a clear penalty for me.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/prmbdg

Edited by Crazy_Ivan

Just now, Crazy_Ivan said:

Having gone through the thread this morning without seeing the actual incident I was expecting a ridiculously bad decision where a penalty was awarded for a ridiculous dive where no defender was even close to Sterling and ended up scratching my head at the seething anger. 

Not sure why this isn't featuring more in the chat tbh. 

Because Kane has fouled Poulsen just before that clip (you can see him on the floor), which is what the ref has given, so the challenge in the box doesn't need looking at.

1 minute ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

Not sure why this isn't featuring more in the chat tbh. This is a clear penalty for me.

Interesting because actually most went the other way, myself included. I thought Kane caught the defender

1 minute ago, Reggiana said:

Because Kane has fouled Poulsen just before that clip (you can see him on the floor), which is what the ref has given, so the challenge in the box doesn't need looking at.

But if that's true why is there a VAR penalty check at all? And why is the free kick taken from the spot of the collision between Kane and the Danish player on the edge of the box, not the spot of the original foul?

3 minutes ago, Reggiana said:

Ok, so the commentator here said differently so I didn't realize that.

15 hours ago, Bigwig said:

Pretty much all of Denmark’s subs seem to have been huge downgrades.

They haven’t really been in the game since Dolberg and Damsgaard went off. 

Hindsight is 20/20 but their manager made a mistake in taking off both Damsgaard and Dolberg at the same time. They were both having good games and their replacements were really poor. Helped turn the momentum our way about 60/65 mins in after those subs were made and the rest of their team tired.

14 hours ago, ginnybob said:

Hopefully Sterling is alright for the final after that leg breaker challenge for the pen. 

Do you think he'll ever be able to play again Ginny?

14 hours ago, Wiggins Top Boys said:

England won a semi final

Words you never thought you'd hear. 

13 hours ago, Anthrax Dave said:

I wonder how many people are going to be "off sick" on Monday, regardless of the result!

Oh no doubt there's going to be chancers who've never watched a lick of football in their lives taking the day off. 

2 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

As we've talked last night, English media and EPL fans are always trying to promote EPL as the most physical league where refs don't blow their whistle easily. Hard, but fair tackles and great sportsmaship.

This is codswallop btw. Have a look in any match thread for the PL and there's always numerous posts about a dive or players cheating. 

The league is more fast paced and physical than any other league with only the Bundesliga having the same sort of style but the refs get conned by diving and cheating all the time, just like in any other league. 

2 hours ago, Haguey said:

Honestly I'm glad our team is finally streetwise and play the same game as everyone else in the world.

It was a valid criticism for a long time, especially so in the last 10/15 years. Of course nobody wants to see diving and cheating in the game but until the authorities take a stance on it then not much is going to change. 

2 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

What it comes down to gunman is that you can't accept people having a different opinion to you or the possibility you might be wrong. So you have spent the last 14 hours having the kind of meltdown even a toddler would be embarrassed about. You've argued yourself into absolute knots, the low point being your bizarre point about the red card against blanc

Nah, I'd say his lowest point was the post he made referencing Eriksen's cardiac arrest as a way to score points after being bitter about England winning. 

53 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Wait, an Italian newspaper is taking the moral high ground on cheating?! :D That really is something.