Have You Chosen Your FM22 Save Yet?

16 hours ago, janrzm said:

No doubt be a few thinking Newcastle will now be an attractive option. It'll be disappointing if they aren't fully up top date in game before release.  

Why wouldn't they be? Something that big wouldn't be left out of final release.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, janrzm said:

Monday deadline according to Miles on Twitter.

Coming Monday yes. The takeover is completed so will be in game. However if Bruce get's sacked after Monday then he could potentially still be manager in game at release.

8 minutes ago, Justified said:

Coming Monday yes. The takeover is completed so will be in game. However if Bruce get's sacked after Monday then he could potentially still be manager in game at release.

In some ways it would be better if Bruce was still in the game for those wanting to relieve him of his duties. 😂

10 minutes ago, janrzm said:

In some ways it would be better if Bruce was still in the game for those wanting to relieve him of his duties. 😂

I think it definitely looks more likely the game with either start with Bruce or noone if I'm honest. I can't see a sacking and a new manager in by Monday. I'm sure they're checking their options at this time but Monday seems a stretch.

My Beta save will be with AC Milan. This is to try out the new WCB role and also want to try and create a formation to prove to a friend that Target Men can be effective and Olivier Giroud will be my main man!

For my main save I will be doing a Journeyman. Had a great one on FM21 starting in South America before eventually ending up at Dortmund. This year I plan to start in Europe somewhere, maybe Scandinavia but we’ll see where I get a job offer I suppose :)

Crystal Palace look interesting this year

I will probably do a season with City on the beta to get used to the game - this save never really carries on due to some annoying bug. Fingers crossed it doesn't this year and I can play it every now and again.

I think this edition I want to keep one save throughout, and just move clubs from there. Might start in the Championship or League 1 and move up the ladder so to speak and keep it realistic, take Sunderland back to the premier league then survive, jump to an Everton type club and try and break into the top 4 and win a couple of cups ala Leicester. Then move to an 'elite club' and bounce around the top clubs when I've achieved what I want to achieve with each one.

Last season I managed to take Huddersfield from the Championship to consistent top 4 and a Champions League win, setting up a very strong infrastructure from the first team to the academy, new stadium, selling developed players for high and then re-buying young talent to develop again. 

I think I'd like to spread my time amongst a few clubs this time.

On 09/10/2021 at 02:34, Justified said:

That's easily fixed by us taking over ;)

Using go with Manchester United during beta just to mess about and look around.

Genuinely not sure on my long term save this year, I actually need some inspiration? I want to start in League One/Two with a club with decent foundations to build up from.

4 horas atrás, xLiamReynoldsx disse:

First Beta - Aston Villa
First Full Game - Rochdale (been to a few games with a mate, the mate bought me FM22 this year, only fair I take Rochdale to the Champions League*)

*end up sacked

*end up sacked after you win the Champions league 3 years in a row, the board's expectations get higher and you lose the final

Optimism is key :lol:

Thinking of trying a single long term save in FM22 (dunno why but the first save of new version always resonates, 2nd/3rd saves never find that same spark).

- Holiday for One Year, Starting with No Coaching Badges, Sunday League Football Rep, No Player/Staff Search, Masked Attributes etc.

and choose the weakest reputation/avg. attendance/longest odds newly promoted side into Conference North/South.. if I can survive that first season.

Edited by Dan_987

8 hours ago, Platinum said:

Sunderland as always. I shall not stand by and let an oil funded state gift trophies to Newcastle as long as I live.

I was thinking either Sheffield Wednesday or Sunderland as they are former champions needing two promotions to get back into the big league. After what happened in Newcastle I think it has to be Sunderland though. Your biggest rival being the richest club in the World and two leagues above you .... that is the kind of underdog game I really like. Reminds me one of my favorite saves when Man C where in league two and Man U was winning everything. Ah that feeling of finally surpassing your arch rival after many years of hard work ..... blessed. 

If there werent these kind of massive clubs playing in the third tier..... I would look at Germany were there are some huge clubs in the second league needing a rebuild. 

Edited by coppicat

After a couple of FMs managing in Europe, I think I'm returning to the English setup this time around.

A lot of people will be going for Wrexham. For this reason (and a few more) I think I'll be opting to manage Chester in FM22 to see how far I can take a NLN outfit. 

I now always play one save but two managers. 

One will be a journeyman save move around. 

The other will be smaller European nation somewhere scandi or Eastern Europe one club trying to push in Europe raise league status and cause some upsets in UCL. 

Don't have time for two saves. So lets me play two different ways. 

No not 100% sure yet.

Thinking about AS Roma again, as usual. Then again, it could be fun to do something different. Sunderland, or Notts Co..

Also been looking a little at Mexico, specifically Club América.

Edited by mibsweden

On 18/10/2021 at 22:10, fc.cadoni said:

As always, 7 years now, 1 save per FM version.

- Unemployment
- No coaching badge
- Sunday League Football

Do you load any particular nations for this? I'm doing the same this year with all the divisions loaded in:

• England
  • France
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • Netherlands
  • Northern Ireland
  • Wales
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Scotland

On a medium database looking at around 50k players.

BETA = Telford

Till .3 = Telford

After .3 = Telford

Dont know the club. Coming from Germany. But without a reaaon i start with AFCT several years ago for the first time and its a good place to start a career :) Doing this now every year.

2 hours ago, bakersdozen22 said:

Do you load any particular nations for this? I'm doing the same this year with all the divisions loaded in:

• England
  • France
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • Netherlands
  • Northern Ireland
  • Wales
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Scotland

On a medium database looking at around 50k players.

Similar. UK, Germany, Brasil, Argentina - usually Top 15 countries with high Youth Rating & Game Importance.

FM21, for first time I have started from Spain which was a big surprice; because I am setting up my profile as Greek and English as second language. Not even know Spanish lol. Spend 4 years at Cadiz B, trying to build my rep and coaching badges. Then went to UK for some extra rep, taking League Two team until Championship. After this; I was waiting a year until my favorite team in real life to open position, FC Aris Thessalonikis. Won Europa League, Final CL (not won), mutliple domestic league & cup.. And then retire; nothing else excited to me after this. Usually took me a year (from when FM release until August) to complete my save. I am freaking boring as hell to take from the start my fav team in real life; but everyone play the game different. :)

Since fm21 I began to like playing multiple teams on one save, in this way the game is more fun and deep for me. The main thing is you won't be bored after 2-3 seasons after winning everything as you got 3 clubs to manage and you can't win CL with all of them every season.

So for FM21 I have chosen 3 clubs:

Arsenal and Barcelona - these are my 2 favourite clubs. It will be fun and hopefully a bit harder than in FM21 to rebuild them and bring successes back. With Arsenal I will focus on bringing young players, while with Barca I will use mostly la masia, plus will try to sign in the nearest future 3-4 big names if possible (De ligt, Salah and Mbappe, if he's not set wanting to join Real as he wants in real life).

Newcastle - here I will try to sign my favourite big players and build a dream team. I'm excited to see if my young Arsenal will be able to win over rich Newcastle.

Edited by gggfunk

23 hours ago, Conardo said:

BETA = Telford

Till .3 = Telford

After .3 = Telford

Dont know the club. Coming from Germany. But without a reaaon i start with AFCT several years ago for the first time and its a good place to start a career :) Doing this now every year.

Telford was my first ever FM save back in 2010 I think it was. I was completely clueless, but I had fun.

1 hour ago, sufcdan said:

Not sure if this has been asked in this thread but I’m wondering just how many people start a full on save with longevity. Or do the majority not start a proper save until the full game?

Every year my beta save has turned into a longevity save. I'm talking at least 7-8 seasons long. 

5 hours ago, sufcdan said:

Not sure if this has been asked in this thread but I’m wondering just how many people start a full on save with longevity. Or do the majority not start a proper save until the full game?

I won't be starting until the full release.

Man Utd will be my first save, just a fun one. My main save will be with Bayer Leverksuen

Edited by Gee_Simpson