Have You Chosen Your FM22 Save Yet?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 23 Stunden schrieb mibsweden:

Telford was my first ever FM save back in 2010 I think it was. I was completely clueless, but I had fun.

It seems this year i have to play without IVs :(

Edited by Conardo

The Latvian league being added in has piqued my curiosity.

My opening save will be with FK Metta and the Latvian national team. Never really done this type of save before so unsure if it will become a successful or long-term nation build but with no relegation (in the game at least) it seems a good place to learn the ropes.

I have to say like above Latvia appeals. Building it up via nation and club. 

Lots of people picking the obvious but Newcastle doesn't appeal unlimited money makes it too easy. 

I dislike Arsenal but quite fancy a rebuild there. 

And I'm looking at a Bundelsliga 3 club rise. 

Currently playing with MTK in Hungary and Rapid in Romania. 

Last year I started with no club/badges & finished the save having managed Notts County, Chelsea, Real Madrid & Dortmund. I often start as a non league English team & take them to the Prem. Also done the European journeyman a couple of times. Not sure who to start with on full game release, been thinking about a Bilbao save due to their transfer restrictions.

vor einer Stunde schrieb juanfields:

Last year I started with no club/badges & finished the save having managed Notts County, Chelsea, Real Madrid & Dortmund. I often start as a non league English team & take them to the Prem. Also done the European journeyman a couple of times. Not sure who to start with on full game release, been thinking about a Bilbao save due to their transfer restrictions.

When you start a Journeyman, what is your setup then?

I'm going to go Albion Rovers or Rangers

i'm being put off of going Albion Rovers though

as there is a Ceiling for Maximum Attendance apparently

last year in the championship I was still only getting 250 fans

plus I couldn't even get the board to turn them pro or invest in anything

I might cheat a little bit and still go them or move them into the English leagues 

14 hours ago, Conardo said:

When you start a Journeyman, what is your setup then?

Usually just start as a random team, started as Parma last time I believe. Then just swap countries every couple of years, hopefully after winning the league. Completed Prem, La Liga, Bundesliga, Seria A & Liga Nos on one, tempted to try & do the same but with lesser leagues…. Maybe the scandinavian leagues & Eastern Europe.

Peterborough United, my home town, my team. Posh are nearly always my first save. 

Once I'm bored of that I'm going to try some leagues I've not managed in before. I fancy Mexico, Colombia or maybe Argentina this year, so maybe a central/south America journeyman save. 

On 23/09/2021 at 16:40, herne79 said:

This :).

It's off topic so I'll hide what I do in a spoiler here.

Hide contents

Prior to FM20 there was a workaround to use an edited database by starting a new regular game using the edited database, saving it, quitting back to the start screen and starting a create a club from there, but that hole seems to have been plugged now :(.

Anyway, this is the process I used to create Red Bull London (the same applies to any create a club):

Start a game using Create a Club, load up whatever leagues you want to but make sue you untick "Disable first transfer window activity".  If you don't untick it you can'y get any new players into your newly created club.

Tip - before you start your new club, try and get a list of the players you would like to bring into your new club.  The player search feature during the actual process is pretty limited.

Once the leagues are loaded, choose/create your manager as normal.

Select the club you want to take over from the next screen and hit "Create a club".  You'll get to this screen:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Pick a new logo from the defaults or import your own (as I have done).  Enter a new name and so on, then edit your kit how you'd like.  You can have up to 3 team kits and 3 keeper kits.

If you want to retain the existing backroom staff (assistant manager, coaches, physios etc), tick the box.

The "Edit Relationships" is where you can choose who your rival clubs are and favourite/disliked people (if you want to).

Edit Affiliations is more interesting.  You get this box pop up:

Hide contents

spacer.png

Here you can choose which clubs you want an affiliation with and what type of relationship you have.  This is what I did for Red Bull London's affiliate link with RB Leipzig (and all the other Red Bull teams):

Hide contents

spacer.png

I don't know exactly what the links are between the Red Bull clubs but that seemed a sensible place to start without making it too easy.

Once finished, then go to the next screen and choose your new "dream team".  You can keep all the existing players if you want to or remove the ones you don't want to free up budget for the ones you do (which is where some previous "scouting" of who you want in your team can come in handy).  If you can afford them you can put literally any player from the loaded database into your new club.

Tip - many (potentially) high potential young players can be had very cheaply (although that's pretty cheaty because you end up with either a team with stupid potential which walks the league and/or a load of money at the end of the season because all the big clubs make silly offers for your players).

It's worth noting that you won't be able to lever in loads of the world's best players, unless you start with a super high value club.  For Leyton Orient Red Bull London I only get £2.5m total squad budget - even if I completely clear out the existing squad.  So I won't be putting Haaland into east London any time soon (his budget value alone is £92m). 

Note that that £2.5m is for my entire playing squad from U18s up to my senior squad.  So upwards of 50+ players.  Usually I'll either just keep the entire playing staff and have at it, or remove just the players which have a value and start from there.  Players with value tend to only be your senior squad players and a few younger players - if I only remove them then pretty much all players in the youth teams will remain and I only need focus on (and spend my budget on) bringing in my new senior players.

btw - you still need to abide by league rules.  So for example in League Two where Leyton Orient play, you have to have 7 players trained by a club in England in your match squad, so I can't fill Red Bull London with 50 Brazilians.  It's worth noting however that at this point only you can ignore Work Permit issues, so if you do want to bring in someone who would normally fail a WP, you can.

Personally I treat it a bit like "money ball" - finding some good value in amongst the lower league players.

That's pretty much it :thup:.

Thanks for such a detailed response. Its a real shame you can't do create a club with an edited database

Danubio, in the Uruguayan segunda division. They were relegated for the first time since 1970, after having won their last title in 2014. So quite a fall from grace in recent years.

Have always been a fan of Uruguayan football, but never managed there. Only the NT on more than one occasion. So look forward to it. 

Will probably post about it in career updates. 

14 hours ago, Piksi#10 said:

Danubio, in the Uruguayan segunda division. They were relegated for the first time since 1970, after having won their last title in 2014. So quite a fall from grace in recent years.

Have always been a fan of Uruguayan football, but never managed there. Only the NT on more than one occasion. So look forward to it. 

Sounds like a good save. Might take a look myself.

Started a beta save with FC Magdeburg in 3.Liga and will likely go with them on full release unless there's a Day 1 lower German league release so that I can go with Carl Zeiss Jena.

One thing I'm definitely doing is applying data analysis to everything within the game - decided to make FM22 the year I choose head over heart. Most important for my squad will be their mental attributes. Unless they meet all of the correct criteria then they're not getting in the team or being signed for the club.

23 hours ago, Piksi#10 said:

Defensor Sporting are down there too. A club with an amazing youth setup. 

I'm waiting for a few databases to be made in the editor's hideaway before getting into a save. Mainly, the rest of South and Central America, with some additional lower leagues in Argentina and Brazil. When that happens, I'm going to play as Claudio Pizarro and start unemployed, probably taking a first job in Peru and going from there. Then I'll try and have a realistic career with the ex-Bayern and Werder striker. 

Did this playing as Tymoshchuk last year and really enjoyed it. Ended up playing in Slovenia, Russia, Hungary, Czechia, England, and then Portugal. 

Every year I am always drawn to the same saves - European lower leagues with the aim of one day reaching the Champions League. 

I know these saves are very popular, so who’s everyone going with for FM22? In the past I’ve tried Santa Clara (Portugal, when they were in the second tier), Le Havre, Pro Vercelli, Falkirk and Southport (which is usually my long term save every year) and many more with varying degrees of success. 

Interested to hear who you’re going for and if there’s a reason behind it (fallen giant etc…)

1 hour ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

I'm waiting for a few databases to be made in the editor's hideaway before getting into a save. Mainly, the rest of South and Central America, with some additional lower leagues in Argentina and Brazil. When that happens, I'm going to play as Claudio Pizarro and start unemployed, probably taking a first job in Peru and going from there. Then I'll try and have a realistic career with the ex-Bayern and Werder striker. 

Did this playing as Tymoshchuk last year and really enjoyed it. Ended up playing in Slovenia, Russia, Hungary, Czechia, England, and then Portugal. 

I would love to get my hand on a Brazilian lower league database, am hoping to do a save where I try to win every State Championship in Brazil but I need Serie D to be active to make it easier vs. hoping teams from weaker states get promoted to Serie C. I saw there was a database for FM20 but couldnt see anything for FM21, hope there is something for FM22!

2 minutes ago, corinthiano said:

I would love to get my hand on a Brazilian lower league database, am hoping to do a save where I try to win every State Championship in Brazil but I need Serie D to be active to make it easier vs. hoping teams from weaker states get promoted to Serie C. I saw there was a database for FM20 but couldnt see anything for FM21, hope there is something for FM22!

Fingers crossed. 

I'm going with Sporting CP- want to see if I can build on their title run and make them a force in European competition. Also making a return to full fat after 4 years on Touch. Actually kind of enjoying it so far on the Beta. 

I've been playing 1860 Munich in Beta, but I'm not really feeling it after a season and a half, not sure why. 

I have finally figured out why I default to Everton every year, however... It's because by the time FM comes out they're always in a bad run after flattering to deceive for a month or so. I was mighty tempted again last night. 

Eibar are tempting me, as are Vitesse and AA Gent as my local team over here.

On 28/10/2021 at 12:27, DasMagicMullet said:

Started a beta save with FC Magdeburg in 3.Liga and will likely go with them on full release unless there's a Day 1 lower German league release so that I can go with Carl Zeiss Jena.

One thing I'm definitely doing is applying data analysis to everything within the game - decided to make FM22 the year I choose head over heart. Most important for my squad will be their mental attributes. Unless they meet all of the correct criteria then they're not getting in the team or being signed for the club.

Listened to a podcast about Magdeburg in the Cup Winners Cup beating AC Milan with only East German players. Tempted to try that as a challenge. 

My plan is to go for only one big save, and this will be with 12 clubs at the same time.

I want to manage in all best 7 European leagues so I can control the whole football world in my save. In this way, finally I'll be able to sign all my favourite players, which was impossible when playing 1-2 teams.

So my choice is:

Premier League - Arsenal (my favourite club ever), Newcastle (no need to explain why), Man Utd (can't resist not playing Greenwood, Rashford and CR7), Liverpool (Mo Salah!!)

Bundesliga - Dortmund (really like the club)

Ligue 1 - Monaco (will try to dethrone PSG)

La Liga - Barcelona (my 2nd favourite club), Athletic (always fun to play with their restrictions)

Serie A - Milan (let's bring back the glory days)

Portugal - Benfica (so many wonderkids there, will focus on signing more and selling them for big cash!)

Holland - Ajax (my 3rd favourite club)

Also, as I'm Polish I have to choose a PL team as well, it will be Zaglebie Lubin as I live really close to this city.

1 hour ago, gggfunk said:

My plan is to go for only one big save, and this will be with 12 clubs at the same time.

I want to manage in all best 7 European leagues so I can control the whole football world in my save. In this way, finally I'll be able to sign all my favourite players, which was impossible when playing 1-2 teams.

So my choice is:

Premier League - Arsenal (my favourite club ever), Newcastle (no need to explain why), Man Utd (can't resist not playing Greenwood, Rashford and CR7), Liverpool (Mo Salah!!)

Bundesliga - Dortmund (really like the club)

Ligue 1 - Monaco (will try to dethrone PSG)

La Liga - Barcelona (my 2nd favourite club), Athletic (always fun to play with their restrictions)

Serie A - Milan (let's bring back the glory days)

Portugal - Benfica (so many wonderkids there, will focus on signing more and selling them for big cash!)

Holland - Ajax (my 3rd favourite club)

Also, as I'm Polish I have to choose a PL team as well, it will be Zaglebie Lubin as I live really close to this city.

And how do you do transfers? Seems like there are a lot of mixed interests..

6 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

And how do you do transfers? Seems like there are a lot of mixed interests..

Not really, actually I've been preparing for this for last couple of days. I've made big lists of players I wanna sign, thinking which one would suit to which team, etc. There will be not many transfers between my clubs, and when they are, I will try to keep them realistic. There will be definitely no cheating as I want this save to reflect the real world as much as possible.

Figured out my first save, but would appreciate some help.

Will start in the lowest possible Scottish division. The idea is to get them to the top tier and then make a switch to preferably Celtic. Then make a switch to a PL club like Everton, Leeds or perhaps Newcastle if they're struggling and take them to the top of England. 

Problem is, I have no clue which side to select. I've had a run with Edinburgh City in a much older version when I had a similar plan in mind (hint: it failed), so not sure if I'll do that again. Thinking of Albion Rovers this time, more of a challenge as they are predicted 10th out of 10, but they're like 6th irl so perhaps they're not as bad? 

4 minutes ago, Yuko said:

Will start in the lowest possible Scottish division. The idea is to get them to the top tier and then make a switch to preferably Celtic. Then make a switch to a PL club like Everton, Leeds or perhaps Newcastle if they're struggling and take them to the top of England. 

Problem is, I have no clue which side to select. I've had a run with Edinburgh City in a much older version when I had a similar plan in mind (hint: it failed), so not sure if I'll do that again. Thinking of Albion Rovers this time, more of a challenge as they are predicted 10th out of 10, but they're like 6th irl so perhaps they're not as bad? 

Stenhousemuir could be a good choice, a fair few Norwegian supporters in real life and weirdly got a shoutout from Clay Davis off of The Wire a couple of weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Yuko said:

Kelty Hearts would be a good shout in League 2. Thats the team i'm going after my NI adventure.

5 hours ago, parsdaft1982 said:

Kelty Hearts would be a good shout in League 2. Thats the team i'm going after my NI adventure.

They're the favorites iirc and I want it to be a bit of a challenge. Not sure how easy it'll be of course, could be complete parity amongst the clubs. 

7 hours ago, DasMagicMullet said:

Stenhousemuir could be a good choice, a fair few Norwegian supporters in real life and weirdly got a shoutout from Clay Davis off of The Wire a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers, will look into that, sounds awkwardly interesting enough to gain my attention :D 

Gonna start with Barnsley this year. I really like what they did last season and I’m going to try and bring Dike back. Also maybe years down the line id like to manage in Spain. A club like sociedad or athletic Bilbao. 

Edited by Pattric_b

I've got a few save ideas i'm looking at firstly Red Star Belgrade as I think it may be fun with the new dynamic youth rating to try and turn the club and Serbia into world beaters but for the first time in many years i'm considering starting with the team I support which is Leyton Orient I will probably do both but my heart says start with the O's.