Football Manager 2022 Live Stream - 15th October 7pm BST

19 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

That's one thing about Youtubers & the like that annoys me, I don't want to be watching games in fast forward & moving through games at light speed 

I always figured if you were to play the game "full time" and not tear your hair out you had to have the ME on fast forward so the issues didn't become too noticable. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

I always figured if you were to play the game "full time" and not tear your hair out you had to have the ME on fast forward so the issues didn't become too noticable. 

There's that, then there's showcasing a game or getting viewers invested in the matches 

Game looks like the 21.5 update of FM21 but nevertheless i like what i see. Cant wait to try the Beta. 

And i also noticed an unusual amount of corners in one of their game ( over 20 ). Hopefully it gets tweaked a bit before beta otherwise this is the first ME thread in the bugs forum:D

Edited by andu1

Just now, bobbyb12345 said:

Target Forward? Could be renamed Target Man?

Assume like in cricket it's "batter" not "batsman" - with women's football coming at some point we can't have Target Man anymore.

Excited by some features, but really disappointed with the match day.

Let's talk about their main big match features that they've marketed.

1. New animation engine - New animations look great, they've said they wont be adding everything right away so I understand there's a lot of work ahead of them for the future versions.

"For example, a player moving to receive a pass in previous years would make very few movements before controlling the pass and would often ‘slide’ before they reached the ball. Adding root motion means that is a thing of the past in FM22."

This specific issue might have been fixed, but there's still a ton of sliding from players on the pitch, especially when they're in possession of the ball. Running with the ball looks weird, and in general there's still sliding present in the game. So no, it's not a thing of the past.

2. Pressing - For FM22, we’ve added pressing triggers as part of a complete overhaul of the existing pressing system. Yet the player can't choose which pressing triggers to use? I understand it was probably done because it would give even more edge to human managers over the AI managers.

It’s also worth noting that if you have a squad that is lacking stamina then playing a Gegenpress system over the course of 90 minutes isn’t the best idea in FM22. Yet they went on to play a few games on Gegenpress, scoring 3 goals per game and just rolling over the opposition teams without issues.

And like others have mentioned, bad defending, lots of goals from corners, and awful match day lighting, awful stadiums.

Still can't wait to play it, definitely sticking to 2D match view. I hope the ME gets fixed by the time game is released.

Haven't got time to watch it yet, but in terms of the M.E. can anyone tell me if there are any signs of those absolutely bizarre backwards cross-field diagonals that have been a blight on the last two editions? That was the first thing that needed eliminating :stop::herman:

I didn’t see much difference between fm21 ME and this. Maybe it’ll be different when the game is released but I doubt it. If someone did a side by side comparison and didn’t tell you which is which would you’re average player be able to tell. The press conferences look the same so most will still send the AM. I’ll see how reviews go before I even think about getting it. 

I think Pressing Triggers is either wrongly worded or Pending. Was it not just a re-wording of the pressing intensity? Maybe there is more underneath that comes into play?

In my mind, Pressing Triggers would suggest at what point the pressing would be triggered, example being at certain zones of the pitch. I'd also like that to be seperate from Pressing intensity: Press More, but initiate the pressing at either this point (already should be based on Line of Engagement), or maybe even if we press x oposition player(s) then press to cut off the options etc...

Lots of Corners + crossing, but I feel I'm more anaylising the tacitcs again here - Tactic 1 had 2 WCB, 1 of which had Cross from Byline. + 2 wingbacks (Although I can't recall their roles). GenGenpress had 2 Wingback roles at Full back, I'd expect a fair few crosses, and a high amount would go out for corners. I'd have to look at the match stats in order to asses if there were too many for me TBH.

Agree that a lot of decisions in the final third seem better. Was also good to see some of the Goals - Cut back, and hit trough the crowd. GK flapping at a cross, and a few examples of misplaced passing late on,

Animations I'd like to see again, but some looked good, some minor issues. Maybe the sliding  that has been mentioned (Not a term I've seen\heard, but now I can see what it means).

Will be interested to see how the new re-vamp of Tranfer fees plays out - For this who missed it, it was bascially that a better range is applied and can be vaired based on scouting\analyst knowledge, agent relationship, squad status, transfer status a much more.

Didn't get far enough in to see regens, or youth intake, or Transfers -That would have been worth seeing as they mentioned deadline day as a feature.

Looking forward to seeing how Dynamic youth works as well - Again for anyone who's missed that's countries\clubs based in that nation doing well and the youth rating\importance improving, assumably it might also decline if a country struggles

6 minutes ago, plcarlos said:

I think Pressing Triggers is either wrongly worded or Pending. Was it not just a re-wording of the pressing intensity? Maybe there is more underneath that comes into play?

In my mind, Pressing Triggers would suggest at what point the pressing would be triggered, example being at certain zones of the pitch. I'd also like that to be seperate from Pressing intensity: Press More, but initiate the pressing at either this point (already should be based on Line of Engagement), or maybe even if we press x oposition player(s) then press to cut off the options etc...

Pressing triggers are stuff like opposition player taking a bad touch, being on his weak foot, bad pass, etc.

What I kinda wanted to be included, was different types of counterpress.

For example, you have space oriented, ball oriented, man oriented and passing lane oriented counterpress.

Right now I'm not sure what we have in game, seems like just a man oriented counter press.

Edited by (sic)

32 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Pressing triggers are stuff like opposition player taking a bad touch, being on his weak foot, bad pass, etc.

What I kinda wanted to be included, was different types of counterpress.

For example, you have space oriented, ball oriented, man oriented and passing lane oriented counterpress.

Right now I'm not sure what we have in game, seems like just a man oriented counter press.

In the FM blog it says "There’s also a new opposition instruction built around pressing triggers that you can use to target players in the opposition backline who are weak on the ball.", but they didnt show this in the live stream

4 hours ago, rdbayly said:

I think what disappointed me the most was the fact there was zero need for any in game management, despite the fact they went full high press for 90 minutes (which was a complete change of system that was unfamiliar to the players).

In trying to forcefully show the impact of fatigue on accuracy, first touch and pressing effectiveness; they demonstrated nothing of the sort and steamrolled the AI.

Also, most teams in the Championship have players that can hurt the opposition, but the AI once again was ridiculously passive on the counter.

Aside from some nice new animations, I thought I was watching last year's stream.

And don't get me started on that match day UI. To double down on last year's decision is absolutely baffling.  

Yea and tbh, I think the whole roll out have been disappointing. Even the audio was bad in the stream…

At this point, FM is going to sell from its name. Lol I bought the game when pre order was announced not even knowing what the features were going to be. I assume many others did so as well.

Yeah, sorry guys, won’t be buying this years. Loved last years and the improvements made - especially in the ME - but some open goals haven’t been addressed this year as well as not being braver on changing up some components.

It’s just not enough to make me want to buy it with the same problems lingering. I mean, the match UI :seagull:

30 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Apparently that was the latest Me build and Miles was very happy with it. We shall see during beta.

Yea this worries me, its like they see a different ME, just by watching these few games to me it looks like corners and crossing are over powered and gegenpress is still a plug a play cheat tactic. I really hope I'm wrong.

This is the first year in about 10 to 15 years I haven't pre ordered, I'm waiting to read feebcack from the community first. 

Edited by Weller1980

5 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

That purple skin that doens't work together with the club colours is just pure awfull..

Luckily we have heroes in the shape of the skin creators. Every single year they do gods work and release game changing skins. Can't remember the last time I stuck with a base skin. 

This purple era has been one of the worst though.

20 minutes ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Luckily we have heroes in the shape of the skin creators. Every single year they do gods work and release game changing skins. Can't remember the last time I stuck with a base skin. 

This purple era has been one of the worst though.

Amen to that. I actually find the base skin quite jarring and year on year its a missed opportunity to improve the game in a relatively simple way. In all honesty. I probably would not play the game without the Flut Skin and other community mods.

17 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

For a moment I thought I was watching FM 2021 live

Sure, there's a lot to criticise, but if you didn't notice the player animations being vastly different, then you might need to take a trip to the optician.

I've watched for the fourth time this morning and animations aside the ME looks a worry on several fronts. Chris Basham was ripping it up down the flank......

Pet hate of mine that I didn't mention yesterday. Transfer activity......seriously, in what universe do Anderlect, CSKA Moscow and AZ make a transfer bid for Basham. This kind of random out of context activity is the ultimate immersion killer.

Edited by janrzm

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Sure, there's a lot to criticise, but if you didn't notice the player animations being vastly different, then you might need to take a trip to the optician.

They are massively improved, first touch has made a huge difference and it does sound like they can really take these to the next level in future releases. That said, I was hoping foot sliding was a thing of the past but it was very evident still. 

Edited by janrzm

Just now, janrzm said:

They are massively improved and it does sound like they can really take these to the next level in future releases. That said, I was hoping foot sliding was a thing of the past but it was very evident still. 

Yeah, of course it can be improved, but how the players touch the ball and the movement is much more natural than FM21. Ice skating is at least not as noticeable as before, I think.

1 minute ago, janrzm said:

That said, I was hoping foot sliding was a thing of the past but it was very evident still. 

Yeah, I noticed it quite a few times. Maybe it's improved compared to last year but SI seem to have overstated how much they improved on that front.

7 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Yeah, I noticed it quite a few times. Maybe it's improved compared to last year but SI seem to have overstated how much they improved on that front.

So it seems. It really did sound like it had been eliminated in the Nic Madden interview. There were similar slightly misleading (or just not clear enough) comments about pressing triggers. I was hyped thinking we'd have some options to control/fine tune these but its not the case. Probably just needs more caution/clarity around statements like these.

Edited by janrzm

11 hours ago, Platinum said:

Same inlrefer the new match UI bar the issues below which really should be fixed tbh:

- Cant access assistants feedback during a highlight

- Touchline tablet becomes transparent when the ball is behind it (very annoying)

- Touchline tablet takes up half the screen and cant be resized to the size we want

If it's the same as last year then the Touchline Tablet can be scaled down by dragging it.

Watched a few in-match moments and there were two things that caught my attention immediately.
1. Animations were improved.
2. "Ice-skating" was worse than FM21.

Now, i haven't sat down and given it a proper look, so it might be the wrong impression, but the ice-skating seemed to be prevalent.
I don't see that much in FM21, although i am, by no means, saying it is not frequent.

No change to the match screen UI is very disappointing. I still find it terrible as you have to be all over the place.
I hope we're able to change players around by clicking and dragging on the match screen directly instead of having to go the tactics screen.
That would be some improvement.

Data Hub sounds nice but i'm unsure of how often i'll actually be using it.

In general i'm not really that hyped for this release yet, but that could change, of course.

Looking forward to the Beta though.

30 minutes ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Imagine if they just came out and said "Right lads, we've overhauled the tactical and transfer AI, overhauled the rating system, overhauled all the dynamics, gave international management an upgrade and improved the match engine". 

Boom. Done and dusted. Give us your money and see you next year.

I think this is what the majority is waiting for, but somehow these improvements are the most elusive, every year.

I get that casuals want to press a few buttons and win, but these aren't the people that'll be playing this game 10 years or even 3 years down the line, for the most part anyway. We will though. Maybe it's time to appease for us for a change.

I’ve already said I won’t buy the game this year and watching this footage hasn’t changed my mind. It’s just not different enough. Ok, new animations, the squad/stat hub is definitely an improvement but not enough for me to want to spend my money on tbh. It looks almost identical to 21. 

1 hour ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Imagine if they just came out and said "Right lads, we've overhauled the tactical and transfer AI, overhauled the rating system, overhauled all the dynamics, gave international management an upgrade and improved the match engine". 

Boom. Done and dusted. Give us your money and see you next year.

I think we got a glimpse of that type of reaction when they announced dynamic youth ratings…Something people actually wanted. 

If the rest of the game doesn’t work like football then everything else is fluff. Take player pathway for example. Update from squad status but it really didn’t add anything to the game…You still can have 11 star players on your team, yes they will complain eventually but definitely not soon enough. It even then it’s pretty easy to resolve especially if you start out with a higher rep.

You can also still lure a new player to a squad with yet another star status. He should be aware of the potential playing time with a team…

14 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

There's that, then there's showcasing a game or getting viewers invested in the matches 

But on the flip side for Youtubers and Streamers, viewers often want to see "progression" in manageable chunks (30 min video or 2/3 hour stream) Playing matches on a slower speed would slow down overall progression which could disengage a viewership on a longer term basis

23 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

You can also still lure a new player to a squad with yet another star status. He should be aware of the potential playing time with a team…

This type of thing would add a lot. I think it will come as AI improves. Increased AI awareness and the AI of individual players/staff having individual needs and issues that are tailored to the situation they are in.

I can only imagine the level of AI depth this would require so I can see why it maybe isn't as detailed right now but I too would love to see this kind of thing more in the future!

1 hour ago, BrightLad5 said:

This type of thing would add a lot. I think it will come as AI improves. Increased AI awareness and the AI of individual players/staff having individual needs and issues that are tailored to the situation they are in.

I can only imagine the level of AI depth this would require so I can see why it maybe isn't as detailed right now but I too would love to see this kind of thing more in the future!

maybe it requires the AI idk. But I don’t see how checks cant be implemented like the AI does when it knows that they have a certain amount of homegrown players, foreign players, etc.

There should be checks for amount of stars, important, first team regulars, etc on a team. This also should show up on scouting reports under potential cons and the agent should be aware of it. Maybe even ask for more money.

People moaning about the ME should remember what the setups were here. A wing-play tactic that didn't look like it was ever going to produce much in the way of central play, imo. Then there's trying a wing-play tactic against teams who, for the most part, you know will be on the cautious side against you and using someone as Brewster (who isn't dominant in the air) as the lone striker.

Almost any other plan will be a step up from that, imo.

I can't remember if they mentioned or showed this anywhere, but what highlights level were they playing in? We may have missed a lot of pass into space attempts (especially since there's more misplaced/overhit/inaccurate passes) purely because of the highlights level. I don't think the poor tactical familiarity (gegenpress tactic) helped either. That third goal against Nottingham Forest was a very nice move and it shows what the ME can do - with a better setup and a team that's more familiar with the tactic, we're going to see more moves like that, I'm sure.

There were nice moments in there though and I enjoyed the animations.

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

People moaning about the ME should remember what the setups were here. A wing-play tactic that didn't look like it was ever going to produce much in the way of central play, imo. Then there's trying a wing-play tactic against teams who, for the most part, you know will be on the cautious side against you and using someone as Brewster (who isn't dominant in the air) as the lone striker.

Almost any other plan will be a step up from that, imo.

I can't remember if they mentioned or showed this anywhere, but what highlights level were they playing in? We may have missed a lot of pass into space attempts (especially since there's more misplaced/overhit/inaccurate passes) purely because of the highlights level. I don't think the poor tactical familiarity (gegenpress tactic) helped either. That third goal against Nottingham Forest was a very nice move and it shows what the ME can do - with a better setup and a team that's more familiar with the tactic, we're going to see more moves like that, I'm sure.

There were nice moments in there though and I enjoyed the animations.

^^ This + just a few settings they had:  Focus play on both wings, Overlap on both sides, Extremely wide and they did say they were going for wing play. 2 Wingbacks, 1 winger + 1 WCB had PI's of Cross more often, Cross from Byline. Its almost "Anti-Central" play

It was extended highlights

Edited by plcarlos

8 minutes ago, plcarlos said:

^^ This + just a few settings they had:  Focus play on both wings, Overlap on both sides, Extremely wide and they did say they were going for wing play. 2 Wingbacks, 1 winger + 1 WCB had PI's of Cross more often, Cross from Byline. Its almost "Anti-Central" play

It was extended highlights

Yes, but it doesn't explain the lack of central play from ai teams? 

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

We may have missed a lot of pass into space attempts (especially since there's more misplaced/overhit/inaccurate passes) purely because of the highlights level.

I don’t think that’s the case, they had above 85% (90% even at some time) pass competition rate even at „slightly more direct passing“. The median of a championship side is around 70% IRL and the better teams around 80%.

So either the stats and how they are calculated are broken or the stamina/ inaccuracy model is ever so slightly that it doesn’t have any real effect. And just from visuals it’s the latter one. 

21 hours ago, RVL76 said:

and?

And, it is not realistic. 

In 2018-2019 there were an average of 10.3 corners per game in the Premier League (I don't have stats for the Championship or I would have compared like for like). Teams scored in 3.7% of these corners - or in other words they scored a third of a goal per game. 

So to register 3 goals from corners should take an average of 10 games.

Hopefully they address this for the full release.