*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

17 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

I've read all that, was expecting something like what they changed in the match engine etc.

Well I am sure there will be videos by content creators coming out like me, but usually SI dont reveal the changelist cos its a long list and even then its a selected list that they put out

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anybody else has noticed, there are no comparisons with other players of the same position when you hover over position buttons, the ability stars, or in the tactics column, which makes things a bit difficult. You can see a general comparison between players of the same position only in "team depth chart". 

Out of interest, can anyone confirm;

1- How many levels available in both Spain & Portugal;

2- How many levels have been added in Latvia?

3- Any more new countries/leagues added?

Sorry to be a pain, appreciate any help

10 minutes ago, XaW said:

Then report it as a bug in the bugs section. That's what the Beta is for. :) 

Done :thup:

EDIT: Just realised I've added this to the wrong place, could a Mod move it to Match Engine please?

Edited by stevemc

1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

1. Portugal have 4, haven't checked Spain yet, but I assume it would be the same

2. Only the top tier, at least the first season.

3. Haven't noticed any others yet. Could be a tier here or there, but I don't remember what was in FM21 for all nations.

Just now, jja582 said:

Should I hold on to hope that St. Louis City SC (new MLS expansion team in 2023) will be in the full game? I don't see them in the beta and was looking forward to play as them in FM22.

Have you simmed to the 2023 season to see if they appear? Might be hardcoded to only appear at the end of the 2022 season ahead of 2023. 

4 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

4 in Spain

6 minutes ago, Gozzer said:

I don't know if anybody else has noticed, there are no comparisons with other players of the same position when you hover over position buttons, the ability stars, or in the tactics column, which makes things a bit difficult. You can see a general comparison between players of the same position only in "team depth chart". 

Comparisons should still be in, what screen are you on?

Also check Staff - Responsibility page to check you have a staff member assigned to providing player reports as it may rely on you having a member of staff.

7 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

1 - 4 and 4

2 - Latvia has 1 level

3 - None that I noticed but I dont have a country lsit

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

1. Portugal have 4, haven't checked Spain yet, but I assume it would be the same

2. Only the top tier, at least the first season.

3. Haven't noticed any others yet. Could be a tier here or there, but I don't remember what was in FM21 for all nations.

Looks like Denmark, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden added their 4th tiers, Romania and Turkey added 3rd tier I believe.

So feel free to ask me which are already in fm21 and which is new.

Just now, Rakuten06 said:

Looks like Denmark, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden added their 4th tiers, Romania and Turkey added 3rd tier I believe.

So feel free to ask me which are already in fm21 and which is new.

Norway had the 4th tier in FM21, but it was hardcoded as view-only.

Just now, kevhamster said:

Just playing my first match. Very impressed with the improved animation engine for the match graphics.

First goal scored was a goal unlike anything I've seen before. It seems a lot more fluid and natural. 

Sounds promising. The ME is the soul of this game for me and I'm really looking forward to an improved ME.

8 minutes ago, jja582 said:

Should I hold on to hope that St. Louis City SC (new MLS expansion team in 2023) will be in the full game? I don't see them in the beta and was looking forward to play as them in FM22.

It most likely will depend on the license, but I don't think the game normally has a license for expansion teams especially that far out normally just covers the forthcoming season - looks like Charlotte FC have made it as a 2022 expansion team, so you might need to wait for FM23 for St. Louis.

It is also possible one of the future feature blogs may cover new licenses which may confirm which expansion teams made it into the game.

Just now, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It most likely will depend on the license, but I don't think the game normally has a license for expansion teams especially that far out normally just covers the forthcoming season - looks like Charlotte FC have made it as a 2022 expansion team, so you might need to wait for FM23 for St. Louis.

It is also possible one of the future feature blogs may cover new licenses which may confirm which expansion teams made it into the game.

Gotcha, I will look out for that. Charlotte FC was in FM21 so was hoping St. Louis would be in this year.

I like the small changes that show that women's football is on the horizon - Target Forward instead of Target Man, People Management instead of Man Management. They're small changes but it shows the depths that they're going to in order to make women's football fit in.

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

Does it seem a bit unresponsive to other people when pressing buttons?

Also, another year another awful UI...

May I ask how many researchers Huddersfield have? Simple things like Micah Obeiro who had a loan spell at Halifax last season not having it on there

If there are issues with the Huddersfield data please post them here with any links/proof to validate the data: 

6 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Does it seem a bit unresponsive to other people when pressing buttons?

Also, another year another awful UI...

May I ask how many researchers Huddersfield have? Simple things like Micah Obeiro who had a loan spell at Halifax last season not having it on there

It seems to be freezing for short periods of time for me. On a lenovo legion 5 with R7 5800h and rtx3060 so that really shouldn't happen.

Is it just me loading up more leagues than usual, or is there more GREAT staff members being created this year? Found these two gems who I'm quite obviously signing:

Spoiler

1931611066_NicolasMontrichard_Profile.thumb.png.41beb2ad9823614b810f47364c6952f9.png

1739810981_BilalAslan_Profile.thumb.png.545a729065072509e212fdaaa0903b0e.png

3 minutes ago, Super Bladesman said:

First goal for my Blades in FM22... a cross from my wide centre back headed in at the far post. Happy days. All looking very good so far.

It's good to reminisce 😂

I don't know if I have the mental fortitude to deal with a Wednesday save....

Edited by janrzm

(This point is quite specific but not a bug so thought I should put it here instead)

Would it be possible to incorporate the possibility to use the wide centre-back roles in a 4 at the back when a half-back is in use at DM? Would allow us to use the role while using a system that is 4 atb out of possession and 3 atb in possession (like many teams are currently doing irl). Thanks!

• SI Staff
31 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

If there are issues with the Huddersfield data please post them here with any links/proof to validate the data: 

It's missing a one-game loan at Halifax in his history. I've fixed it for the release database. 

Just now, Domoboy23 said:

is it not possible anymore to see the attributes on this page without having to click on the player? image.thumb.png.651ed8f90a62c92fdcae237fa350c584.png

Without knowing for sure I think you can hover over the "i" to the left of Branislav Ivanovic's name. But yeah, that's a ton of blank space

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

is it not possible anymore to see the attributes on this page without having to click on the player? image.thumb.png.651ed8f90a62c92fdcae237fa350c584.png

Hover over the 'i' next to the player's name. 

Looking good, I'm not overly excited by the pink and purple highlights on this years skin tho.

I'll also confirm it runs well on Linux using Proton.

Edited by Sterling

3 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Looking good, I'm not over excited by the pink and purple highlights on this years skin tho.

I'll also confirm it runs well on Linux using Proton.

Glad I am not alone. Pink / purple combo is so .. intense, kind of hurting my eyes. 

Eh, another couple of weeks spent in the skinning dungeons forums :lol: 

Although I really like the uncertainty of the new transfer negations and the agent playing a bigger role (as in real life), I wonder why you just should not click on the top dialog box every time, as you get the most information? What is the reasoning behind this, does the player side expect an offer then? In every dialog with the agent, they're just getting concerned over me not being interested that much, resulting in not specifying their demands. 

Have to say quite impressed with the ME so far. Also still not a fan at all of the match UI but I do appreciate now being able to see the weather and attendance during the game to get a bit more immersion.

Still think the UI during matches and out needs a bit of an overhaul. Having to scroll on sections you shouldn't need to, the above image of the scout centre when last year you could click a tap for attributes (I know you can hover over the i but no where near as clean looking as last year). Will upload the scrolling issue shortly. Hopefully also the game now remembers filters and views on the match screen squad when editing them but not able to confirm yet. Looking forward to Rensies skins! Also noticed not many player pictures this year, is this due to it being a beta or not as many clubs submitting?

Really like the new squad introduction with the text alongside the stars. Looks promising so far!

Edited by Domoboy23