Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Synthahols_for_Girls said:

The larger issues will be if / when he goes senile 

It's pretty amazing how none of the royal family (from what I can remember) seem to get alzheimer's or any other common issues that people get. It can't just be luck that they live so long, are we putting that down to just constant medical checkups and catching stuff incredibly early or them having access to treatments/drugs etc. that the general public don't?

I know that George VI died young but he smoked like a chimney.

This is all getting very conspiracy theory like, maybe I should go to bed...

Edited by Harryseaess

13 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

It's pretty amazing how none of the royal family (from what I can remember) seem to get alzheimer's or any other common issues that people get. It can't just be luck that they live so long, are we putting that down to just constant medical checkups and catching stuff incredibly early or them having access to treatments/drugs etc. that the general public don't?

It's the lizard blood mate

3 minutes ago, scott MUFC said:

helps they don't eat rubbish and are always active.

Not sure you could say the same of the George's and bar the one who went mad, they went on for a while 
Interesting addition to the bloodline was the queen mother, who had a couple of close relatives that went mad did she not 

4 minutes ago, Synthahols_for_Girls said:

Not sure you could say the same of the George's and bar the one who went mad, they went on for a while 
Interesting addition to the bloodline was the queen mother, who had a couple of close relatives that went mad did she not 

Prince Philip's mum was a bit of a nutter as well wasn't she?

Yep, just had a look and it appears she was a paranoid schizophrenic.

Edited by Harryseaess

3 minutes ago, Ackter said:

It's amazing what hundreds of people seeing to your every need and having no sense of reality will do for your health.

Yeah, they must spot cancer etc. in its very early stages and have it gone before any normal person would even know something was wrong.

Bet they have a full medical MOT every Monday morning or something.

51 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

They won't be the only ones who do this and quite a few will likely choose against retaining King Charles III as their sovereign.

Tbf I don't think it's anything to do with Charles, it's just that it's 2022 and a lot of countries were already looking to move away from this system.

9 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Tbf I don't think it's anything to do with Charles, it's just that it's 2022 and a lot of countries were already looking to move away from this system.

Some have been, others had decided to not do so out of respect of the Queen. It's those countries that may now be more likely to hold referenda on the subject too.

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Yeah several countries have mentioned doing this. The timing has been largely coincidental tbh, and less to do with King Charles. 

It's also an element of some countries had always held the view that they'd have this discussion when the Queen passed. So it's inevitable that those discussions will start up again as a direct result.

8 hours ago, Synthahols_for_Girls said:

I think (and this is from my vague recollection of The Crown rather than any factual sources) that the Queen's mother had 2 nieces, daughters of her brother's wife with quite severe learning difficulties and then they had a few cousins who were also institutionalised too, however as these all came from the brother's wife's side of the family, it was assumed the gene for this was all in her side of the family and not passed on by the Queen Mother through her blood to the Queen etc. 

Edited by PaulHartman71

13 hours ago, Mr_Whippy said:

The obvious answer would be a new BH every year on the death of/funeral date (or closest Friday/Monday).

There won’t be as it ‘won’t be productive’ to give us an additional BH  :rolleyes:

What they could do is introduce one on the ' Kings Birthday'. Similar to what they did with the Queen but make it an official BH.

2 hours ago, mrw072 said:

What they could do is introduce one on the ' Kings Birthday'. Similar to what they did with the Queen but make it an official BH.

Can we not just decide on a date first and then decide what it's for? There's not a single bank holiday in the 3 months between last Monday in may and last Monday in August, i.e what most people would describe an the nicest time of the year

8 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

Can we not just decide on a date first and then decide what it's for? There's not a single bank holiday in the 3 months between last Monday in may and last Monday in August, i.e what most people would describe an the nicest time of the year

We need a couple. Sneak another in there between May and August but we need something between August and Christmas as well. Too long a gap. 

10 hours ago, Harryseaess said:

Considering the amount of in-breeding you'd have thought genetic disorders would be more prevalent. Either that or having access to instant healthcare, a royal diet and not having to worry about bills or everyday life has significant advantages. 

I know it'll won't be the easiest thing to stomach after 4 days of non-stop saturation coverage on Royal matters; But There is a documentary somewhere of two cousins of the Queen who were locked away from society to for life who were severely mentally disabled, who weren't ever known about until they were elderly. Perhaps there are more.

3 hours ago, Weezer said:

Well Canada and others are going to have to print new currency soon might as well kill two birds with one stone and put an elected head of state on the new ones

10 minutes ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Considering the amount of in-breeding you'd have thought genetic disorders would be more prevalent. Either that or having access to instant healthcare, a royal diet and not having to worry about bills or everyday life has significant advantages. 

I know it'll won't be the easiest thing to stomach after 4 days of non-stop saturation coverage on Royal matters; But There is a documentary somewhere of two cousins of the Queen who were locked away from society to for life who were severely mentally disabled, who weren't ever known about until they were elderly. Perhaps there are more.

Royal family inbreeding always brings me to the Habsburgs and this mess of a family tree. 

Charles II was completely ****ed by it all.

Screenshot_20220911_130714_com.onelouder.baconreader.png

1 minute ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Well Canada and others are going to have to print new currency soon might as well kill two birds with one stone and put an elected head of state on the new ones

Don't canada have beavers or otters etc on their money?

The genetic disorders thing will probably become less common now that more recent generations have married "commoners" and diversified the gene pool a little bit. Maybe the thing about the queen's cousins factored into that.

Edited by Heartwork

36 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

They don't want you to have a BH during the time of year you want one, they want them at a time you'll more likely work it instead.