Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Must end with Holly and or Phil leaving the show, it's pretty ridiculous the hole they are digging and it's not reflecting well.

Stupid thing is if they had simply apologised at the start, explained they were offered it and didn't consider how it would look to others and promised to take into account how their actions could be perceived in future, this wouldn't have got so out of hand. But royalists in particular seem incensed about it and every time they open their mouths they dig themselves into a deeper hole.

13 hours ago, Heartwork said:

I understand why people on the left don't like him but no idea what oche had against him

To answer your questions. I know a few people who have worked in the TV industry and they all say he's the type of person who treats people like they are something off his shoe, Like Richard Keys. I never been a fan of his anyway 

8 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

To answer your questions. I know a few people who have worked in the TV industry and they all say he's the type of person who treats people like they are something off his shoe, Like Richard Keys. I never been a fan of his anyway 

I’ve heard Gordon the Gopher’s autobiography is going to be explosive. 

48 minutes ago, m_fenton said:

And we scoffed at those people recording the procession :lol:

15 minutes ago, Weezer said:

All that expensive pomp and ceremony and now they want it erased from the records?! :D 

Aside from anything else, those events aren't just symbolic. They're public records of the changing of the Head of State, who still signs off on legislation etc. It's like the government ordering that recordings of Parliament get deleted, or vetoing what the public see from them.

Aren't some of you suggesting something that isn't actually happening? The footage won't be deleted. It will still exist and won't have to be hidden away secretly. But you will have to ask permission to use any of the additional material which wasn't inside the original hour you had submitted to the Royal household.

Not that it makes it much better but it's not quite the same thing as implied above.

55 minutes ago, Tony85 said:

Aren't some of you suggesting something that isn't actually happening? The footage won't be deleted. It will still exist and won't have to be hidden away secretly. But you will have to ask permission to use any of the additional material which wasn't inside the original hour you had submitted to the Royal household.

Not that it makes it much better but it's not quite the same thing as implied above.

They'll only retain an hour of it, so yes the rest will be deleted. Otherwise they'd be retaining more than an hour of it. A copy might exist with the royal family, but so far as the public are concerned it's deleted.

On 21/09/2022 at 17:40, Confused Clarity said:

What is it specifically that makes Schofield a piece of work in your eyes?

Didn't he groom a 17 year old for years and when it became public knowledge, announced that he was gay, which conveniently meant the nation forgot he was grooming teenagers as an almost-60 year old man? 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Confused Clarity said:

That seems like a fairly slanderous comment that you'd better be prepared to back up .

It's a question, not a comment. Not really fairly slanderous when you consider what the public discourse was with the circumstances and details were at the time.

Definitely not slanderous to ask questions. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, decapitated said:

It's still slanderous/libellous to ask it! If you've no actual proof then you have to be careful as such slurs against LGBT celebrities are sadly not unknown. 

You're right, but unfortunately it's come from somewhere, it's a bit unfair to assume and part blame on @JD nawrat tbh

Besides, even if it is slander, i doubt Schofield has a strong case that some random guy on the football manager forums caused damage to his reputation :D

e: and just to be clear here, i was genuinely just asking a question, it wasn't an accusation. Believe it or not, i couldn't give a toss about Phillip Schofield. I don't keep up to date with him or his career/life events. 

Edited by JD nawrat

3 minutes ago, JD nawrat said:

Besides, even if it is slander, i doubt Schofield has a strong case that some random guy on the football manager forums caused damage to his reputation :D

What if it blew up on Reddit or something because someone posted 'inside info' on here about a celebrity? From another thread there is already a lot of pure rumour going round about Darren Grimes based on no attributed sources whatsoever. And in the grand scheme of things nobody cares about Grimey.

Edited by The_jagster

Just now, The_jagster said:

What if it blew up on Reddit or something because someone posted 'inside info' on here about a celebrity? From another thread there is already a lot of pure rumour going round about Darren Grimes based on no attributed sources whatsoever. And in the grand scheme of things nobody cares about Grimey.

I actually only heard about this because i saw people talking about it on reddit last week in response to the queue skipping thing :D

1 hour ago, JD nawrat said:

e: and just to be clear here, i was genuinely just asking a question, it wasn't an accusation. Believe it or not, i couldn't give a toss about Phillip Schofield. I don't keep up to date with him or his career/life events. 

Even without that he is a massive dickhead anyway 

Official cause of death if "old age"

In other news, a bunch of right wing lunatics have decided on behalf of the Royal Family that a statue of the Queen MUST be put on the fourth plinth at Trafalgar Square. Sadiq Khan has said that it is up to the Royals to decide where any statue goes and he will instruct the GLA to back any decision they make, which hasn't happened yet. Right wing press lose their **** and claim Sadiq Khan refuses to put a statue of ER2 in Trafalgar Square cos he hates Britain. You know, the usual thinly veiled racism.