Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Administrators

Bit of a shambles isn't it? How are fans supposed to plan or not if they are just waiting for clubs to be told by police if its going forward or not?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

On twitter he claims he was taken to St. Aldates police station, a police station that doesn't have a custody suite. In his blog post he claims it was all dealt with in the back of the van and he was de-arrested. Sounds more to me like he was taken away for his own safety and is now crying wolf.

1 minute ago, Butts said:

On twitter he claims he was taken to St. Aldates police station, a police station that doesn't have a custody suite. In his blog post he claims it was all dealt with in the back of the van and he was de-arrested. Sounds more to me like he was taken away for his own safety and is now crying wolf.

Or just out and out lying 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Butts said:

Bit scummy to be lying if that's the case tbh.

Well, no. He was arrested:

A Thames Valley police spokesperson said: “A 45-year-old man was arrested in connection with a disturbance that was caused during the county proclamation ceremony of King Charles III in Oxford.

“He has subsequently been de-arrested and is engaging with us voluntarily as we investigate a public order offence. The man was arrested on suspicion of a public order offence [under section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986].”

Section 5 applies to behaviour deemed likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

Guardian link

Edited by ginnybob

7 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Sounds like he was detained under the 'old' law... Hard to say since his tweet and blog don't quite match up. 

Section 5 would also suggest he was arrested for his reaction to those around him rather than shouting "who elected him?"

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

There's absolutely every chance the police have been heavy handed tbh. We've seen it many, many times. 

I would say there's every chance that both things are true, the police have probably been heavy handed and this fella has spotted his chance for a bit of publicity to further his cause.

Two things:

1. Unsurprisingly, inheritance tax does not apply to the royals, which shouldn't go down well in this climate but I bet it will 

2. The woman arrested for having a sign that said abolish monarchy also had F*CK written on it in massive letters so maybe she was detained for that?

43 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Wonder if London games will be allowed if away fans are banned.

It's not even like there wouldn't be fans of away clubs that are from or live in London, and also the same for London clubs, friend of mine has a season ticket at Spurs and travels from Manchester for each game, for example.

3 minutes ago, Ackter said:

Two things:

1. Unsurprisingly, inheritance tax does not apply to the royals, which shouldn't go down well in this climate but I bet it will 

2. The woman arrested for having a sign that said abolish monarchy also had F*CK written on it in massive letters so maybe she was detained for that?

That wouldn't be the first time someone has been arrested for that (the extremely prominent swearing)

It sounds like he decided to express his view which upset other members of the public attending the event
I would guess he was probably asked to leave and perhaps decided not to, stating he just wanted to express his opinion.
I would also guess the police interpret that as non-compliance and decided to arrest him and de-arrest him relatively promptly, thats probably their quickest route to removing him from the event 'lawfully'

I'm not condoning what they did but that seems like a logical way that situation would play out.

19 minutes ago, Ackter said:

Two things:

Did you miss the bit yesterday where amongst his other oaths Charles ceded all the revenues from the crown's properties to the treasury in return for the sovereign grant 
the crown retains ownership of those properties in name only, 

5 minutes ago, profii said:

It sounds like he decided to express his view which upset other members of the public attending the event
I would guess he was probably asked to leave and perhaps decided not to, stating he just wanted to express his opinion.
I would also guess the police interpret that as non-compliance and decided to arrest him and de-arrest him relatively promptly, thats probably their quickest route to removing him from the event 'lawfully'

I'm not condoning what they did but that seems like a logical way that situation would play out.

He doesn't need to comply with the police, only with the law. 

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

He doesn't need to comply with the police, only with the law. 

well the police probably said you need to comply with us because the law you are breaking is BoP (whilst applying a very low threshold to what peace actually constitutes)

As I said, not agreeing with it, but I can see how they would interpret/apply the law to get they outcome they want here.

10 minutes ago, profii said:

well the police probably said you need to comply with us because the law you are breaking is BoP (whilst applying a very low threshold to what peace actually constitutes)

As I said, not agreeing with it, but I can see how they would interpret/apply the law to get they outcome they want here.

The problem is precisely how they interpret the law to get the outcome they want. We can see why and how they have done it. What matters is whether it's right 

17 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

And the crown estate provides the government with a hell of a lot more money than they pay out as the sovereign grant I believe.

In the last year figures are available (2021/22), the Crown Estates made a net profit of £313 million - the Royal Grant for the same period is £43 million.

TOB-in-article-graphic-p8-9-v3.jpg?w=620

QUEUES to see the Queen lying in state could last 12 hours and stretch for three miles.

The Whitehall chiefs in charge of logistics for the historic five-night vigil had originally estimated that 40,000 people a day would turn up.

However, they now believe the number will be far, far higher and that many people will have to queue through the night.

They estimate numbers could far exceed the 200,000 who paid their respects to the Queen Mother in 2002.

And they say it could be closer to the million mourners who filed past Pope John Paul II when he lay in state in Rome in 2005.

The route will be lined with extra portable loos and water stations to ensure the public are catered for on their way towards central London’s Westminster Hall from Wednesday.

Mourners will pass through airport-style security and only small bags are permitted.

Medics at nearby Guy’s and St Thomas’s hospitals are on standby in case those in the queue fall ill.

Planners, who have been following the Operation London Bridge protocol, have identified a park next to Tower Bridge as the starting point for the queue.

It will then move the length of the South Bank of the Thames, passing London Bridge, Blackfriars Bridge, the Globe Theatre, Tate Modern and the London Eye.

Anyone with luggage will have to stop on the route and leave it in a park by Lambeth Palace before rejoining the queue.

Mourners will cross Lambeth Bridge before turning back to enter Westminster Hall.

That will be open 24 hours a day for mourners to pass by the late monarch’s coffin, with insiders revealing people may have to wait up to 12 hours from start to finish.

Abdication aside, the crowning of a new monarch will always occur when there is the death of the old one - to suggest no one should be able to protest against the beginning of a new reign because it is somehow be inconsiderate to the mourning of the last one is a spurious argument at best

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

That will be open 24 hours a day for mourners to pass by the late monarch’s coffin, with insiders revealing people may have to wait up to 12 hours from start to finish.

They queued for more than 20 hours for the Queen Mother, if they are expecting five times as many people this time, then it'll be a dam sight longer than 12 hours

1 hour ago, Rafalution said:

if we got rid of the monarchy the crown estate would be owned by the state, not the windsors, so that's really neither here nor there

You're forgetting the Tories would sell half of it off to their mates in Year 1, rather than protecting the revenue stream in future years.

At least the monarchy can be trusted with it.

Queen lookalike who looks nothing like the Queen now getting publicity because her appearances will now be tributes.

image.png.e537ab231105cc4f58b2bdfc77f376c3.png

In other news I'd like to let everyone know that I'm now working as a Cristiano Ronaldo lookalike.

2 minutes ago, Ackter said:

Queen lookalike who looks nothing like the Queen now getting publicity because her appearances will now be tributes.

image.png.e537ab231105cc4f58b2bdfc77f376c3.png

In other news I'd like to let everyone know that I'm now working as a Cristiano Ronaldo lookalike.

Another fruit-loop.