Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Gotcha. Hidden away where the thing you're protesting isn't actually happening.

So pretty much the way the government wants protests to function going forward.

The thing they're protesting isnt happening where these people are doing these things. 

This is a long drawn out overblown funeral. Go protest the coronation, go protest public appearances where their mum isn't dead in a box.

These people aren't protesting anyway, theyre using protest as an excuse to be a bunch of ***** to loads of people ad to be the centre of attention.

This is essentially no different to me going into the Dr. Who thread to say it sucks.

Edited by Ackter

Just now, Ackter said:

These people aren't protesting anyway, theyre using protest as an excuse to be a bunch of ***** to loads of people ad to be the centre of attention.

I do agree with the general point you are making but this is the same logic that means people aren't actually grieving but pretending to be sad about an old woman dying. A lot of protesters are attention seekers but still believe in the cause.

35 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Instead of abolishing the monarchy we should be more focused on trying to abolish the police force and replacing them with competent, semi-intelligent individuals.

Thing is, most competent semi-intelligent people don't want to stand and be abused by drunks in town on a Saturday night, or on a Saturday afternnon on football duties, or have bricks chucked at them for just turning up to a 999 call.

1 minute ago, The_jagster said:

I do agree with the general point you are making but this is the same logic that means people aren't actually grieving but pretending to be sad about an old woman dying. A lot of protesters are attention seekers but still believe in the cause.

That's there's only like 5 people doing the "protesting" has me highly questioning their motives.

Protests are usually organised and follow strict rules.

THere'll be a huge % of people there only pretending to grieve as well, but there's more than enough crazy people there who are genuinely grieving.

11 minutes ago, Ackter said:

The thing they're protesting isnt happening where these people are doing these things. 

This is a long drawn out overblown funeral. Go protest the coronation, go protest public appearances where their mum isn't dead in a box.

Alongside a funeral we've simultaneously been forced to have a new monarch. That didn't wait for people to have a grieving period.

Edited by ginnybob

1 minute ago, Ackter said:

That's there's only like 5 people doing the "protesting" has me highly questioning their motives.

Protests are usually organised and follow strict rules.

THere'll be a huge % of people there only pretending to grieve as well, but there's more than enough crazy people there who are genuinely grieving.

That we've heard about being arrested, it might be that more people have protested with no further action. The one in Oxford wasn't an official ceremony but where each village/town/city had its own commemoration.

2 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Alongside a funeral we've simultaneously been forced to have a new monarch. That didn't wait for people to have a grieving period.

Yes, so go protest the coronation when it happens, or a public appearance that's not leading up to a funeral. The only thing you're doing by protesting now is upsetting people and reducing the effectiveness of your protest.

9 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

Do you support the protests of the Westboro Baptist Church at soldiers funerals?

Are the people protesting right now protesting against the person who died? Or are they protesting against the monarch coming in, which is a simultaneous act?

Edited by ginnybob

1 minute ago, Harryseaess said:

They’re protesting the monarchy, so yes. And the Westboro Baptist Church protest against all soldiers etc. not just the one who’s funeral they’re at.

They have a right to protest. Funnily enough being a dick isn't a reason to be arrested, otherwise there would be a few people on this forum in trouble.

1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

They have a right to protest. Funnily enough being a dick isn't a reason to be arrested, otherwise there would be a few people on this forum in trouble.

Of course, but if you protest at a funeral or when a coffin is being paraded then you’re ****ing scum.

4 hours ago, titchuk said:

Not sure I was expecting the monarchy to be quite as popular as it is 

the ABC1C2DE grading system is based entirely on occupation. I don't think its what people mean when they say about differences in social class here. There's also an issue in chucking them altogether, it wouldn't surprise me at all if support was highest among AB and DE and lower in C1 and C2 but it's impossible to say from the above image whether that is true or not. How ever you want to define 'Upper Class' - it's probably going to be 5% max of the population and a massive pro-monarchy opinion among them is easily swallowed up by these groupings. 

Edited by Rafalution

1 hour ago, anagain said:

They weren't all out shouting about abolishing the monarchy last week or the week before?

Loud mouthed milennials or gen z trying to grab attention or get the police some more negtaive attention when they're just doing their job.

Yes, I'm old. :kriss:

As it's not possible to downvote on here I made this, especially for you: image.png.647f4d5a218ae7b9b41a0fb2e3dae1f5.png

Edited by Rafalution

21 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

the ABC1C2DE grading system is based entirely on occupation. I don't think its what people mean when they say about differences in social class here. There's also an issue in chucking them altogether, it wouldn't surprise me at all if support was highest among AB and DE and lower in C1 and C2 but it's impossible to say from the above image whether that is true or not. How ever you want to define 'Upper Class' - it's probably going to be 5% max of the population and a massive pro-monarchy opinion among them is easily swallowed up by these groupings. 

I think Upper Class is generally considered to be about 1% of the population max and as you've put statistically insignificant. Not necessarily the richest 1% but the small subset of people who can essentially live off wealth and investments with wealth in the family.

2 hours ago, anagain said:

They weren't all out shouting about abolishing the monarchy last week or the week before?

Loud mouthed milennials or gen z trying to grab attention or get the police some more negtaive attention when they're just doing their job.

Yes, I'm old. :kriss:

The police are pretty good at generating their own negative attention, given that in the last week alone they battered an 80 man after wrongly turning up at his own house, and then shot dead an unarmed man. And it's pretty obvious that in these examples, with the possible exception of the 22 year old in Edinburgh, they are doing it badly 

I'm not sure about that weirdo heckling Prince Andrew calling him a "sick man" sure he's got his opinion and I tend to agree with him but there is a time and place for it and the way he was pulled back was hilarious and well deseved as this isn't a day of heckling a guy like Prince Andrew it's another day of sorrow for that coffin going to St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh

Heckler pulled back after heckling Prince Andrew

Also I might be a British man and I'm not a BIG fan of the royals I wouldn't wish them any harm or anything else devious, I'm proud of the royals but we know all these anti-royalists are treasonists pigs and those who hate the queen and the royals who are human beings like us and should be treated with respect and if you're going to heckle during these times of sorrow I really pity you 

6 hours ago, Tony7 said:

My brother thinks he’s ok this is his exact words when I said what do you think to Prince andrew as I recall you saying he is innocent despite saying never sweats, never met this girl and paid £12 million to someone he never met 

when he was younger he had a fling with a 17 year old girl. If it was in UK it would have been legal but In america if your a korman you can have loads of wives, if you’re 16 you can buy a sub machine gun but cannot buy a beer 

the girl accepted money from Epstein but after his death she wanted more and the American legal system went along with her any other legal system in the world would have dismissed it. He was naive but not a pervert. So I’m implying he is just shows that. Judge people by what the media highlight. I am sure footballers who have lost their  reputation because girls report them for rape are guilty without trial 

The girl was probably one of those groomed by Maxwell & Epstein they were given the impression they were going to become stars and one of the biggest names in the business, they were taken to islands they had no escape from and were coerced into doing things to a fat old man and his associates, she was older than many of the victims.

HRH, the immense security, legal protection and efficient propaganda machine have pushed it, so she isn't seen as the victim, many like you see her as a money grabber. Epstein killed himself rather than face judgement and Andrew paid her off, the sign of bullies and cowards. Andrew is a proven liar, he's now in hiding but still living a luxurious lifestyle at our expense. If he was so confident that he'd done nothing wrong, he'd have faced the music. Maxwell and Epstein have some powerful friends but not as much nearly as a Queen and King for close family.

Now if he'd married a dark skinned American who speaks up every now and then he really would have been a bastard.

6 hours ago, Tony7 said:

I thought it was just me 😂 that’s why I post things because I’m thinking how can he think totally different I can’t see anyone else thinking like he does but the fact you say there are is a bit worrying. My brother is 62 but shouldn’t matter you should still understand what’s right and wrong and what’s corrupt etc 

Watch channel 183, 00:10 tonight or 21:00 tomorrow, ''Til Death Us Do Part'' to see where some from your brother's generation have got their ideas from, even in the 60's Alf Garnett's views were seen as ridiculous but there are some still now who swear by his view, they will be propping up a bar somewhere.

I think it's the first time it's been repeated in decades, none of the mainstream broadcasters would touch it with a bargepole today and even with the cuts and bleeps it's quite shocking. Just think the BBC had Jim Davidson as it's big Saturday night star only 25 years ago. He was the equivalent of Ant & Dec today.

5 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

@ginnybob unless he's kicked off with the crowd then police are in a spot of bother. Not the same incident but a lawyer making a point in the video

Police firstly are there to protect though, in this case the protesters know full well they are being provocative and also knew there would be plenty of Police around should the Royalist get violent. 

I'm not a royalist or support the police arresting non-violent protestors, the officer was right he used the word arrest but should have said ''don't write and display that as you may get a good hiding that I and my officers might not be able to prevent''.

The Police have done him a favour.

5 hours ago, Haguey said:

In our trust - routine stuff is being moved where possible, simply due to the bank holiday, no admin staff, support workers, etc.

Urgent and critical appointments/surgery going ahead, as will any procedure that will breach 52 weeks.

No word for me yet but I'm not in a critical role so would expect the day off.

My health board has been very disrespectful they sent me an invitation for a Covid booster.

4 hours ago, ginnybob said:

Gotcha. Hidden away where the thing you're protesting isn't actually happening.

So pretty much the way the government wants protests to function going forward.

Will you be wearing your Wednesday shirt or shout ''you useless Blunts'' Infront of a load of Blades fans next time there at home, there'll be more cameras around, you'll get more attention, and you'll probably get a good hiding, if the Police are there you may get moved on if you don't listen, they might stick you in the van and until it's safe again. You've done nothing illegal you're just being a dick. If you want a reaction that won't be filmed or pull in a twitter audience, do it in a Blades fan pub out of sight of the Police.

1 hour ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Will you be wearing your Wednesday shirt or shout ''you useless Blunts'' Infront of a load of Blades fans next time there at home, there'll be more cameras around, you'll get more attention, and you'll probably get a good hiding, if the Police are there you may get moved on if you don't listen, they might stick you in the van and until it's safe again. You've done nothing illegal you're just being a dick. If you want a reaction that won't be filmed or pull in a twitter audience, do it in a Blades fan pub out of sight of the Police.

Yeah, but, you've not got the guarantee that they're a sex offender that you've got with the royals.