FM22 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was a hell of a game. We took the lead just before half time but couldn't quite hang on to the half, as they equalised in stoppage time. They then took the lead with 12 minutes left but we had a corner in the 90th minute and I quickly jumped into the set piece creator and threw literally everyone forward, including the GK. Somehow they handballed it and we won a penalty, which Doucoure dispatched to take us to penalties! Unfortunately we had a terrible shootout, with 3/4 takers missing and even though Monaco missed a couple in the end they won 3-1 in the shootout. So close :(

image.png.f4ed4aa7410e1982737433e273ed24a1.png

Il y a 5 heures, Lower Leagues Rule a dit :

@jmarchand DAMN!! That is really harsh, was it caused by the red card? Or was that unrelated...

It was semi-unrelated. Our defender got a foul for a late tackle for someone going 1:1 on the keeper, so he probably saved a goal there. It did put us on our heels even more at that point and we were clearly not able to hold them for long with only 10 men (and they unfortunately found a way through our defence...)

il y a 1 minute, aldojags a dit :

Do you guys know how to stop this screen effect in game? It never happened to me in FM21 but I want the screens to completely vanish when there's a highlight but they kinda go see-through, which is a bit off putting!

131381799_Screenshot(16).thumb.png.eed96de399aa9fadc378aa6574209d3f.png

This is when you have the tablet open during a highlight. click on the button just on top of STCL - Tachie at the bottom of the screen and it should go away.

Mid season update, going...not bad!!

Spoiler

1267590488_Screenshot(18).thumb.png.396e5fded5aaa35bfdf32fb6f10b07a3.png

Playing well, still don't see us having the talent to hang in there until the end, but you never know! But delighted with this so far!

This striker played as a target man on loan from Werder Bremen is a huge reason why, been a fantastic signing

Spoiler

2141304365_Screenshot(17).thumb.png.32313b21662084c3d8016aa9f48a0ec7.png

Chojniczanka Chojice Season Review

Europe trip #2!  Glad we improved from our #4 finish last year because our league rules give the Euro II cup slot to #4 or the FA cup winner (this year someone outside the top 4 won.)

(also, head to head is the league table tiebreaker, before goal difference.  We lost our last game of the year, but we couldn't have caught Wisla, they had the tiebreaker on us.)

image.png.6bcbba2e5aa0df15b16405bed36bdb49.png

Although, 2nd-4th in our league gets the exact same Euro prize.  Euro II 2nd round.  Have to win the league to have an improved Euro cup run.  (A Bilbao ended up making the Euro II Cup final, so that shows how unlucky my draw was)

I believe improved Euro runs can improve these spots where maybe we get into better rounds or even the Euro cup

image.png.33282202fa48a8a8ee5360971b0d8beb.png

Kind of a season where we didn't really get much done, just upgraded youth facilities from basic to below average, we are going to have to make a group stage of a Euro run to make the money to really start and turn this club world class.

Unfortunatly, the board will not let me expand my scouting range, so I cannot scout places like Africa/Asia/S America for cheap players I can sell.  Slow but sure improvements though.  I feel this is going to be a very long term save.  Maybe 30+ years.

Ya Tottenham's salary is 60x larger than mine lol.  

I do think I have a chance at 2nd, I was the 4th pool team obviously but we did smash qualifying rounds 2-4 against teams from Denmark, Switzerland and Turkey.  Tottenham comes to our tiny place in a week!

image.png.ba3e052d78b0a2bc353b27bde34ee9b1.png

Wow, GREAT to see so much progress...  And also haven't checked in for longer than i thought.  Just read and caught up - a lot of really good progress, and some great looking saves.  Getting REALLY itchy feet to jump in now but given i'm currently romping League One with the mighty Owls (unlike IRL) i have unfinished business for now.  

Keep up the good work :applause:

Edited by rlipscombe
you do not spell "up" "uo".....

@aldojags - great start! Hope you do manage to hang on to to a promotion spot

@Tyer - congrats on another great league campaign. And amazing to get to the Conference League group stages!

As for me I decided to stop the Austria Salzburg save, we might have survived relegation, but the gap to the bigger clubs was too big and being semi-pro with a 1.6k stadium didnt bode well for the future. Would recommend Austria though to anyone else, maybe just pick another team or brave it with Austria Salzburg :D

I decided to go closer to home and chose a club in Brazil now, am in a similar relegation battle so will post if I do survive it!

LLR's Mallorquín Adventure

image.png.825edcd3b911cc18a54304e569a6884a.png

Mid-season Update - January 2024

Fixtures | League | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Dynamics

Overview

Wow. We started poorly, then picked it up in the middle, we were comfortably on target, then we completely fell apart, playing teams 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the standings in 13 days didn't help. We go into the break in 11th, 4pts from relegation and 4pts from playoffs. It got far worse after we got knocked out of the cup in extra time in a game we should've won. The board called me into a meeting to discuss my future, if I don't gain 9pts in the next 5 games, I am gone. So 3 wins from 5, we face teams in 2nd, 8th, 16th, 7th & 13th. Honestly if I don't get three wins from those (Likely the last 4), I don't deserve the job. 

Season so far

Current Season
Team Gms Win Draw Loss GF GA +/-
Overall 17 6 4 7 29 28 1
League 16 6 4 6 26 24 2
Cups 1 0 0 1 3 4 -1

Home 7 4 3 0 19 9 10
Away 10 2 1 7 10 19 -9
Neutral 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Segunda División RFEF 16 6 4 6 26 24 2
CFdE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Copa del Rey 1 0 0 1 3 4 -1

My Favourite Players

Alec Mertens (ST) - Been doing awesome upfront, well he was, he had 11 goals in 9 games, only 3 in the next 8, it completely coincides with the fall in fortune of the team. Hopefully the break turns it around and we can move back up.

Serigio Moriones (MC) - An excellent midfielder, he does a bit of everything, tackles passes, and quite often under pressure as we play with a lot less midfielders than our opponents to try and put it around the outside instead. 

Yago Cantero (DC) - Yes the spine of our team is excellent, we do really need some work on the outside, or players to do better. I love this team, but I need some work getting them to function again.

Transfers

Transfers In
Date Player Pos From Fee
08.09.23 Miki Codina DC/DM Free €0
10.09.23 Tito AMR Free €0
25.09.23 Álex Boedo DL Free €0
07.10.23 Luis Chacón AMRLC Free €0
15.10.23 Fran Ortuño DL Free €0
12.11.23 Fran Pacolí DL Free €0
20.11.23 Ander Olaizola AMR AD San Juan €0
26.11.23 Álvaro Jiménez GK Free €0
12.12.23 David Amigo ST Melila €230
18.12.23 Pau Victor AMC Free €0

Most of these players were signed as ones for the future and moved to our B-Team, Miki is with the B team, but also injury cover for the midfield if needed. Chacón or Victor could possibly step it up over the break, it is possible with our back-up Attacking Mid leaving, and Gori being a bit poor that we will need someone to take over and help the attack some more. Pacolí is likely to be our left back after the break, he was signed to do it as both our current ones were so poor that i put Left winger Ramón back there instead just as we turned the corner. Jiménez is signed as our Cup Goalkeeper, will play as the sub this season, and is cover if something happens to Ardura. Amigo & Sancho who we signed in the preseason are both possibilities at the Striker position in the second half. I really need to work on that, Mertens IS the better player, but with a rough spot I need a better replacement. 

I did discover that sending players to my B-Team means their wages don't hit my wage bill, this seems to be a bit of a bug, and maybe should count, but the wage bill increased when you have a B-Team. So I signed anyone who would agree to a Fringe Player or lower contract at under €500 and had Division 1 potential and sent them to the B Team.

My Expectations

Get 9+ points over the next 5 games, if I don't I will holiday to July and see if there is a new team to take over in 2023/24.

Just now, Tyer said:

@Lower Leagues Rulewhat level of the spanish pyramid is that?  I know they have some weird promotions in the lower leagues, (or maybe that's portugal)

Level 4, is a new set-up in 2021-22 season now as follows
1. La Liga 1
2. La Liga 2
3. First Division RFEF A & B
4. Second Division RFEF 1-5 (Champion of each division + 5 Playoff winners - Playoff takes 20 teams, and draws them into 10 semis, winners play, and winners of finals go through)
5. Third Division RFEF (**** tonnes of divisions) - Unplayable in FM

Chojniczanka Mid Season Update

Our Euro II Cup runs ends in the group stage.  We got kind of unlucky that Rapid Vienna beat Tottenham so we didn't have a chance going into the last match of the group.  (Tottenham smashed us both games, we smashed Ludogorets both games, and Vienna beat us at their place, i played our B team, although maybe pushing for that win could have grabbed us an extra 500k think that was a mistake...I wanted to keep fitness for league once we were eliminated.)

Our league run is going very well.  This might be the year we win the league.  Although we have had some tough long term injuries hit the team recently, lucky to have a winter break, but I think we have cemented ourselves in the top 4 of Poland, and hopefully one year can grab a victory in the league to have a Champions league run, that will really put the team financially stable.  (We can only get in that cup by winning the league.)  Legia Warsaw had a pretty deep Champions league run this year, so we are in trouble with all the money they are getting, but maybe their run is gassing them.

image.png.3f94b79ff2500865640a0f6863c4df43.png

image.png.56bf23acff3fd1c0ad73bc3d824e998f.png

First big club comes for me

image.png.7ef882d740710fe780401ae30e049f93.png

Edited by Tyer

Ok I'll post a full update tomorrow, but...first season.....CHAMPIONS!!!

What a 2nd half of the season we had, only taking over top spot on the penultimate day of the season, and only needing a point to secure promotion, we won 4-0 to hang onto top spot, Bundesliga 2 here we come!!

1879201010_Screenshot(28).thumb.png.e338fe0349540e9f591d82986a33efaa.png

Edited by aldojags

aldojags

Season Review 2022/23

League Table | Fixtures 1 & 2 | Manager Profile | Club Vision | Finances | Transfers

Fantastic start to my career at Carl Zeiss Jena, as we won the German third tier in my first season. Inconsistent at times as you'll see from my 9 losses, but a bit of tactical tweaking at times (and 2 great signings up front) meant I was always in and around the promotion places, but my run to the end of the season (last 13 games won 11, drew 1, lost 1) saw me sneak into first place on 2nd last day of season, and a win at home on last day meant I was Champions. As you'll see from this - 4 teams in the mix the whole season, I had a few short weeks at the top but I always usually just to stay in play off bits, so to sneak in at the end and win the whole thing was incredible. But I didn't fluke it, I scored more goals, best goal difference, and crucially managed to beat 2 of the other top 4 away from home in 2nd half of season, and it was the games head to head which made the difference given the fine margins.

Team

I've picked out some of the best performers. Top of the class were my 2 strikers, who kept us in the fight the whole season. Richmond Tachie, and Nick Woltemade (on loan from Werder Bremen - and I have him coming back next season). Played Woltemade as a target forward and he was fantastic, they both were.

Some other favourites were Cabrails Makreckis, Latvian winger whose form got him back into his national team set up. Noel Knothe and Oumar Diakite formed a great pairing for us at the back. And lastly but not least, Theodor Bergman who had most assists for us. Immediately told me early season he was not renewing his deal and leaving on a bosman in the summer, I had chances to move him on but it was for relative peanuts (50-80k range) but I took the chance of keeping him thinking he could help me win promotion, which is more valuable than that money! And by looking at his assists, this was the right move. Sad to see him go, think we'll play against him next year, but I'm sure we'll be fine!

Got a few players in the team of the year (I also won the Manager of the Year), but strangely despite Tachie being top scorer in league, he doesn't make it into the team of the year!

Youth Intake

Preview | Intake

All German nationals, no 2nd nationalities. Apparently a golden generation, some of them look ok, see how it goes, some of the top prospects - Kowaleski, Schellenberg, Wagner, Schiedler, Balzer. 3 of the best prospects are all DM's, which I don't really use so much (although I maybe will do now I'm in harder league) so not sure what to do with this lot, some of them look ok though. I've read other bits about youth development this year saying unless they are out on loan, they dont develop too well in your youth squads, is this true do you know?

Next Season

As you would expect with an unexpected promotion, the board just want the battle bravely against relegation. My wage budget has increased from 55k per week, to 85k per week, plus I'm planning on releasing about 10-15k per week, so I'm going have hopefully around half my wage budget unaccounted for, which should mean I can get some decent quality in and keep us up. We've had to move and rent another stadium as the stadium we were renting doesn't meet Bundesliga 2 requirements. I hadn't noticed when picking Jena that they didn't have their own ground, this is an exciting possibility for the future hopefully when I have Bundesliga money, could build our own stadium, but that's many years away.

Season 

Div 

Pos 

Cup 

Ave Att 

Europe 

WC/Euros 

ECC 

EC 

EC2 

Ballon D’Or 

Highest world transfer 

3. Liga

1st

N/A

N/A

WC - France 

Liverpool

Inter 

Atalanta

Edited by aldojags

A brutal start to the schedule for me, the 2 relegated teams from Bundesliga in my first 3 games (Augsburg and Paderborn), as well as Schalke, Hamburg, and Nurnberg, 5 of my first 6 fixtures are teams from top 7 of the league in season preview...this is going to be a long hard season, And recruitment is not going well, all that money I thought I had, I dont have it somehow, stupid wage rises which dont seem to be included in the "committed spending" bit for next season wiped like £20k off my budget, still hoping to pull some rabbits out the hat on loan, but I am going to get a pasting off of some of these big teams!

809225196_Screenshot(51).thumb.png.86b00eaad1981c5760cf25ce838b8f9e.png

Edited by aldojags

Brora Rangers

Brora_Rangers_Logo.png.0efe5389941c4d6cfa128ff701df63be.png.f7c11cd98e4a6e8af7636da2a3db8598.png

Season 2 | 2023-24 

Season Overview

We were expected to come bottom half of the table & avoid relegation which was a reasonable expectation. Our early season form was great & had me thinking the game was too easy - we nearly qualified from our Premier Sports Group with 8 points from 4 games including a 5-1 win over Championship side Inverness CT & got 11 points from our 1st 5 games in the league.

Reality soon hit though, getting 5 points from our next 8 games & struggling to keep up with the play off positions. I was fearing a relegation battle but our form followed exactly the same pattern as the season before, picking up after a slump & we managed to make it into the playoffs.

We were the in form team, winning 7 of the last 8 games. We beat Queens Park in the semi final 4-3 on aggregate, before losing to Championship side Ayr 5-4 on aggregate (1-1 away in the 1st leg & we went 3-0 down in the first 40 mins of the home leg ). 

Disappointed we didn't go up but I didn't think we'd get so close

The squad

Continuing on from last season with the gengenpress 4-4-2 diamond formation, our best players were near enough exactly the same as last season. We had a few other ok players but I knew it needed a lot of strengthening. Andrew Macrae, finished as top scorer on 23 goals again. Jadel Musanhu carried on his development into league 1 & last years surprise Charlie Birch not only continued his surprising performances but won League 1 player of the year

Again, very few injuries which seems strange - it's quite difficult making it to the playoffs. Near enough the whole season you only have 1 game a week so build a team around that, then you have 5 games in 14 days which takes a huge toll on a part-time team with not much quality in back up positions

Finances - same as last season in that we would have been in trouble, if it wasn't for a £170k cash injection by the board

Transfers - 1 | 2 - 8 transfers in this season to help us compete (some of the end of last season)

My profile

Club profile

Next Season

Win the league

@John Sharpgood first season up, always going to be hard to win it with Ross County in the league they are often a premier league club, decent money behind them and would be too strong for that league. Who's coming down from the Championship?

Just need to tighten up a wee bit you score tons of goals so its probably a few tweaks defensively and you'll get there.

Next year is the one I can sense it!

How are Partick Thistle getting on in your save? that's my team :cool: