FM22 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

25 minutes ago, aldojags said:

@Mahzun_Savashe looks fantastic for 15, are you going to play him left wing? Just with the player trait cuts inside from left wing, with his pace and dribbling he's going to electric, imagine him in a few years, superb!

Playing him on the RW to end this season, the last few games then the squad needs a big review and I will see where he fits in.

My youth intake was all 5 star potential elite talents which I find hard to believe but there are plenty of talents in there which might be okay to get some game time next year where required.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mahzun_Savas said:

@Thebaker It is Spainish 4th level so the players are not great but I am in the top half of the league so the squad cannot be too bad for the level. 

you could be overachieving, what level do your coaches say your best player is at?

7 minutes ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

Just looked at my Facilities and I have Excellent academy coaching and Good youth Recruitment.

My best player is a good player for most Segunda Division RFEF Grupo V sides

I guess Pamplona must have been a higher div team at some point as those facilities are really high or are you sharing facilities?

Edited by Thebaker

Just now, Mahzun_Savas said:

No, never been to this level before in real life. No idea why the youth facilities are so good.

On wiki they have produced several spanish internationals so they have a real track record for good youth players. Probably why its so high in the game

Wulfram's Catalonian Adventure
Club de Futbol Peralada

7441062.png.945fe3b284af309a1d734aac7337edc0.png
New Beginnings July 2022

Club | History | Squad | Facilities | Hired | Manager

I have moved to the North East coast of Spain, to the small village of Peralada. I admit when looking through teams, they caught my eye with their away kit, a nice orange kit that fades out as it goes down, then I checked where they were located and saw the castle. I was sold. The village has 1,800 people, but the stadium fits 1,500 of them going to be tough to grow in later stages, but I will have some fun here. The club is Club de Futbol Peralada, they were founded in 1915 as a village team to play against teams from nearby villages, during the Spanish Civil War they stopped operations, and reformed in 1950. From then until 1997 they played in various regional divisions, before finally making it up to the  Catalan divisions, they spent 20 years between here and the Tercera División, but in 2017 made it up to the Segunda División B for two seasons, during those years they signed as a B Team to Girona Futbol Club, this partnership stopped when both teams were relegated.
Taking over a small team in Segunda División RFEF is going to be tough, but I will have fun with it, I honestly don't think many members of the current squad will stick around, I'll see you once we have completed 100 trials, got in some staff and made it to the start of the season.

image.png.10d7990cfdca074233ca50ceeaa5cf50.pngperalada2.png.e00a4dfdbd6a5adfb89653e922aaf767.png

I might restart my save, I only just realized 5 years into my save that I have attitrube masking off.  I just thought I had fully scouted everyone, I think it's a bit cheating, I don't think there is a way to change it either.

I think theres a program that can hack your save and turn in back on but I'm not sure.  I am really close to winning in Poland also!  But I think it'd be a bit strange to have these good results with being able to see all that

spacer.png

Donegal Celtic

Season 3 – Lough41 Championship 1st - Champions

Transfers Squad Key PlayerHot Prospect

image.thumb.png.c0dda86fd21eb807fbb57968f1f0e785.png

Overview

The two best players from last season didn’t stick around long leaving as soon as an offer came in for them, disappointing, but somewhat expected. However, I did manage to strengthen where I wanted to, except, maybe replacing the goals that the outgoing Byrne gave us. I did rely on bringing in a few loan signings this season as I hoped it would give us greater stability come January.

I was optimistic going into the season, but the first game dampened that optimism somewhat as we got comprehensively beaten 3-0. But, the next game we won, and that kickstarted us for the season. We were pretty much a win or lose side for a decent chunk, thankfully much more on the winning end. The league in the opening stage was a bit of a 5 horse race for large portions, but towards the end of the stage we put ourselves in a strong position 8 points clear of second with just the 10 championship group games to go.

Following our strong opening stage came the January transfer window, where we lost our entire midfield (and arguably the two best players in the team) which was incredibly frustrating – it was helpful that we had almost a months break so that I could go about replacing them.

We didn’t show signs of missing the outgoing players in our opening couple of games in the Championship group as we won them both strengthening our title bid. From there however, our form started to turn, winning just two of our next 7 games which, combined with good form of the second placed team saw our lead in the table diminished to just 1 point (thankfully one of the two wins was against 2nd place or we’d have not even had any lead left). This meant going into the last game we probably needed to win to secure the title, but it was against one of the few teams we’d failed to beat this term. I needn’t worry though as we went on to record a resounding 7-0 victory to secure the league title – some way to secure the title.

We put in a decent enough account of ourselves in the cups, reaching the semi-final of the league cup. But, if I’m honest I wasn’t too focused on the cups this season focusing more on the league.

Next Season

Hopefully next season we can finally offer players part-time deals so that we can actually start building the squad more effectively. Of course the aim is to stay up anything more will be a bonus.

Players of note

Andy McBrideHe was only here for the Champions Group games, but did endear himself to the team, 4 goals and an assist In 10 games with a 7.59 average rating did a very good job at filling in for the player he replaced.

Anthony GallagherA new signing this season and 9 goals and 7 assists in the league for him from the left wing, a good return as we tried to share out the goals amongst more positions this season.

Jamie Wilson Reece Byrne left a big hole in our squad in terms of goal output, Wilson did a respectable enough job at filling the void. Only 11 goals to his name, but they tended to be important ones – plus he only actually started 13 games so not terrible.

Overview

image.thumb.png.633dcc9e47126837c1eaf80a75fe92ac.png

C.D. Pamplona

End of Season Update

New Arrivals | Line Up | League Table

The second half of the season was much worse than the first half, we slipped down the table from 2nd to finish 8th. Still a good position when we were predicted to finish last. Unlike the first half of the season when we won games against xG we struggled to match our xG with goals and lost or drew games we should have won. I am not disappointed with the season, I don't think we are ready for playoffs, we lost quite heavily to teams in the playoffs.

Best Players

Rodinkov - Young centreback who was our best player. He was a great performer at the back for us and grew in ability as the season progressed. Contracted for next season so the defence will be built around him.

Unai - Excellent experienced goalkeeper. His performances in goal won us games and he is contracted to us for next season so will be first choice again.

Gonzalo - Easily our best midfielder, provided some quality ball control. Some handy goals and assists. At 37 I was not going to give him another contract but he hurt his spine and is out for 12 months anyway. Will probably retire

Youth Intake

The big news of the second half of the season was undoubtedly the youth intake. The club has a good record of producing players having produced Spanish international player in its history. So the club has, for junior coaching, excellent academy coaching and also good youth recruitment. This mean I got an intake that was discribed as a golden generation and every player in the youth intake was an elite talent with 5 star pontential. A number of players are good enough at 15-16 to play a part in the senior squad next season. These include,

Iraite - Played the last 5 games of the season. The first couple on the right wing where he did not do much. Then I put him up front and he starred. He was man of the match in the last round 5-1 victory against the second best team in the league where he scored 2 goals and had an assist. Might be a start striker next season, certainly will get plenty of minutes.

Alvarez - A highly talent goalkeeper who will be our cup goalkeeper and understudy to Unai next season.

Garcia - A young DM or CM who I would like to develop into a ball winning midfielder. Probably will get minutes next year.

Ormaetxea - A young CM who could develop into a good allround midfielder. Also probably will get minutes next year.

Now I will be able to get rid of the players who were at the club when I joined and were not good enough. Also some of my signings will not be back next year so there is recruiting to be done. The big challenge will be introducing talented youngsters to the team and getting them to start developing.

First step, get all of my shortlist in on trial and see who I really want.

Edited by Mahzun_Savas

Weird it didn't show me who was promoted, i guess they don't sim anything below this level in Scotland?

(edit: oh theres a regulation playoff, so I guess I need to sim until a team gets promoted, because the idea is playing a team that isn't playable from the start.)

image.thumb.png.d63b5fec39802a59caadc10d1ec206b6.png

Edited by Tyer

Solid first season @Mahzun_Savas, looking forward to see how you'll integrate these great youngsters into your team. Will be a great way of generating funds too, finances are always tough in the lower league so this could really help you. Irirairte's physical stats are great for a 15 year old!

Good luck in Scotland @Tyer, hope you remembered to tick attribute masking on this time ;)

Club de Futbol Peralada

Segunda División RFEF 3
Preseason September 2022

Friendlies
 | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Dynamics

Overview
A lot of effort getting players in during this one, I don't even know if my team is good enough to compete right now. I guess we will see when we get into it. 

Friendlies

Date Cmp Opposition H/A Us Opp Rslt. Goalscorers Att.
01-08-22 FRN Peralada U19s   4 0 W Guerre (16), Socorro (24), Soler (51), OG (54) 0
05-08-22 FRN Figueres   2 1 W Socorro (38,58) 197
08-08-22 FRN La Jonquera   4 0 W Soler (12), Pepple (14), Domínguez.C (57,81) 157
11-08-22 FRN Cassà   8 1 W Dalmau (16), Erik (24), Socorro (36), Domínguez.C (45), Gil (66,87), Taboada (77), og (79) 142
14-08-22 FRN Palafrugell   9 0 W Dalmau (4p,74), Soler (8,18,24), Erik (11), Gómez (37), Domínguez.C (42), Guerre (45) 127
17-08-22 FRN Costa Brava   0 0 D   127
20-08-22 FRN Granollers   3 1 W Socorro (5,21), Erik (47) 121
23-08-22 FRN Mataró   3 0 W Socorro (58,79), Chino (82) 154
26-08-22 FRN Vic   5 1 W Gil (3), Manuel (7), Pepple (9,30p,36) 128

Well we tied the one game against a team at our level, I also felt super bad in the two games where we won by lots. We were absolutely monstering them very early in the games, and I thought it would get double figures. We got our fitness up, and most of the players are now settled into the formation, I think next offseason i will try to find more teams that are at our level as this was a terrible way to judge my team.

Transfers

Transfers In
Date Player Pos From Fee
13.07.22 Pedro Morillo DL/AML Free €0
15.07.22 Iago Domínguez GK Free €0
15.07.22 Jose Garrido DC Elche B €5,000
16.07.22 Chino DM/MC Free €0
16.07.22 Unai Gómez MC Free €0
18.07.22 Guerre DM/MC Free €0
19.07.22 Marcos Gil DM/MC Free €0
19.07.22 Marcos Fernández DM/MC Free €0
19.07.22 Kenneth Soler AML Free €0
19.07.22 Edu Taboada AML Free €0
20.07.22 Ramón Martínez DC Free €0
22.07.22 Victor Socorro ST Free €0
23.07.22 Lucas Alcázar DL Free €0
23.07.22 Carlos Domínguez DC Free €0
27.07.22 Erik AMR Free €0
29.07.22 Aribim Pepple ST Free €0
30.07.22 Mohammed Gadafi DL Free €0

You can tell by looking at the signing dates where my focus was, Left back was extremely weak when I started, it took a long time to find the starter, but Gadafi will do the job, while Morillo will be able to cover the entire left side for the team. Next we added a starting goalie, and got offered a great defender, Garrido was very cheap for his skill level, my focus at the time was on improving the midfield, which I did, but not as strong as I would like. Left wingers came next, Soler looks incredible, then we got a pair of strikers in Socorro and Pepple who both can start. Carlos Domínguez was signed near the end of July as a star centre back, and also contributed a lot of headed goals in the preseason. In the transfer sccreenshot you will be able to see the youngsters our U19s manager has been signing to fill his squad, I am not sure any of them will be good enough, but better to have some ready replacements if needed. 

Starting Line-up
Iago Domínguez
Albert Dalmau (DR) - The only remaining player in the starting line-up
Jose Garrido
Carlos Domínguez
Mohammed Gadafi
Guerre
Unai Gómez
Marcos Fernández
Erik
Kenneth Soler
Victor Socorro

My Expectations
Let us see if we can avoid relegation, probably going to be a tough fight, but we will see as the season starts.

Mostly I want to avoid relegation, that means being at least 5 teams behind us, going to be a fight, but think I have the team to do it. 

Club de Futbol Peralada

Segunda División RFEF 3
Youth Player Project

Episode 1 Sept 2022

I don't normally do an update of youth players before the first intake, but these three got me the idea that we might be starting early in this save. 

YP22a: José Ignacio Montávez (AMC)
CA: ★★
PA: ★★★★
Nationality: Ecuadorian
Born: La Maná (CO), Ecuador
DoB: 17.01.06
Foot: Right
Traits: None
Our current best youth player when we joined, he does play a position we don't use at attacking mid, but can also play in central mid.

YP22b: Marc Muñoz (GK)
CA: ★
Nationality: Spanish
Born: Perelada, Spain
DoB: 29.07.06
Foot: Right Only
Is playing as our back-up keeper, I expect to see him get some game time for the seniors, he has already played twice for the U19s

YP22c: Xavier Fontanils (AMRL/ST)
CA: ★
Nationality: Spanish
Born: Perelada, Spain
DoB: 17.07.06
Foot: Right
He started the season not even looking like getting in the squad but a great prospect, but with an injury to our back-up winger, out months, that means that Fontanils will join the team for the forseeable future.

So these guys will join the regular Youth Player updates as we continue through the seasons, I will try to keep track of 1-2 guys each season, and where they end up after they leave the club as well.

Edited by Lower Leagues Rule

image.png.c6f7b8113793f98d261273551884aebb.png

2027/28

Transfers | Squad

Another groundhog season where promotion was gone after 11 games and the team finished the 1st phase well down on the leading teams. In the relegation phase the team comfortably avoided relegation. I realised my away form is and has been poor and is probably what is costing me a chance of promotion. Played a few youth players as i had so many dead games in the season.

In the PT cup the team reached the 3rd Rd but were well beaten 0-3 away to championship Coimbroes.

Finances are decreasing slightly every year.

I signed a new GK this season as i was unhappy with the previous one but Arthur was worse and i dropped him, he ended up being outperformed by a vastly worse GK.

Fale was the top scorer but penalties contributed a lot to that. Parente came in on loan and played at AMR/MR, he proved to be a huge goal threat but i have no idea why. Viera played in the same roles but while playing better had less direct output.

I had this youth player come through who i hope can make it as he has a great personality.

Season

League

Position

Portuguese Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2023/24

Championship

7th in Group A, 4th in relegation group E

2nd Rd

N/A

Bilimbota (10)

Nunes (6)

Adequate

Poor

Basic

Basic

2024/25

Championship

7th in Group A, 4th in relegation group E

2nd Rd

N/A

Musel (12)

Bruno Viera (4)

Below Average

Poor

Basic

Basic

2025/26

Championship

4th in Group A, 4th in relegation group E

3rd Rd

N/A

Musel (19)

Ruben Alves (5)

Below Average

Poor

Basic

Basic

2026/27

Championship

5th in Group A, 2nd in relegation group E

4th Rd

N/A

Musel (15)

Musel (7)

Below Average

Poor

Basic

Basic

2027/28

Championship

5th in Group A, 3rd in relegation group E

3rd Rd

N/A

Musel, Fale (15)

Fale (9)

Below Average

Poor

Basic

Basic

2 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@_JHTB_hows the season in the top div going? I have played in N Ireland before and found the gap quite large.

Not played much of the season so far, but I'd say tough going, but we're a weird team. We lost the first 3 without ever really looking as though we were playing teams in the same league before winning our 4th 4-0. We then followed our 4-0 win with a loss to a bottom league team in the cup.

I think we'll end up being ok in the long run, as is the case with only non-contract players there was a lot of change in the summer so we don't have fantastic team cohesion which, when improved I'm hoping we see more towards the 4-0 win performances than the former. 

C.D. Pamplona

2023/24 Preseason Update

This year we will be playing in Segunda B-Segunda RFEF Grupo 4 instead of Group 5 we played in last year so all new teams, but it should not make much difference.

I am cautiously optimistic we are in for a very good year. While the board expectation is only the avoid relegation and the media prediction is for us to finish 14th I believe the squad is stronger than last years squad which was around the playoffs almost all season although we did finish the season poorly. My hope is we make the playoffs and hopefully get promoted through them. I believe the team has a very good goalkeeper, an excellent defence, a solid midfield with plenty of young talent, quality on the wings and strikers who should score goals.

Transfers

I brought in 9 players, most of them to improve the starting XI. 17 players were released.

Rodriguez - Starting left back

Curro - Starting ball winning central midfielder

Navarro - Will start at left wing but can play other positions

Victor - New partner at CB to star defender Rodinkov

Leon - Starting advanced playmaker central midfield 

Mari - Back up striker

Castri - Exciting young right winger

Sanchez - new club captain and starting right back.

Preseason Games

We won all but one preseason game and that we dominated everywhere except the scoreboard. Hopefully that does not happen too many times during the season. The last preseason game against fellow 4th tier side Racing Rioja was an especially pleasing dominate 3-0 win.

Most of the players are completely ready for the season although Castri and Curro had interupted preseasons with injury and are a bit underdone.

You should add Scotland to the list as there is now an excellent Scottish pyramid database (  https://www.passion4fm.com/scottish-lower-league-database/  ) adding the following:

Level 5
Highland Football League (18 clubs added)
Lowland Football League (18 clubs added)

Level 6
North Superleague (14 clubs added)
North Caley League (10 of 11 clubs added)
Midlands League (19 clubs added)
West of Scotland Premier (21 clubs added)
East of Scotland Premier (18 clubs added)
South of Scotland (11 of 13 clubs added)

Level 7
North Division1 (8 clubs added)
WoS Conference A (16 clubs added)
WoS Conference B (15 clubs added)
WoS Conference C (15 clubs added)
East of Scotland First Division A (15 clubs added)
East of Scotland First Division B (14 of 15 clubs added)

Level 8
North Division 2 (9 clubs added)
WoS Division 4 (8 clubs added)
EoS Conference X (11 clubs added)

Cups
Scottish Cup
Premier Sports Cup
SPFL Trust Trophy
South Challenge Cup
North of Scotland Cup
Highland League Cup
Lowland League Cup
+ many more

Reserves League + Cups

U18 League

@Mahzun_Savashopefully the new signings push you on a bit this year, and yes a nice little takeover might be just what you need!

@Lower Leagues Rulegood luck with the new venture!!

@Thebaker like the look of that young cb, just need to boost the physicals a bit but for 15 he looks good with a great personality as u said. Are you getting Parente back next season ?

C.D. Pamplona

2023/24 Midseason Update

Unfortunately my optimism of being near the top of the table was unfounded and the team finds its self in the relegation zone in 14th place. We started the season okay, we created a lot of good opportunities to score but just could not convert. Meanwhile at the other end of the field opponents were continuely scoring goals with very little xG. It was very frustrating. However now our form is poor, we were smashed 6-3 in our last match before the midseason break. There have been numerous reports in my inbox that I was about to be sacked but I am still there. 

Our attack has scored enough goals, despite wasting so many good opportunites, to be well clear of the relegation zone but we have simply conceded too many goals. We have the second worse defence in the league even though my two starting centre backs are apparently playing well by their average ratings. Unai in goal has been a huge disappointment. After being great in goal last season he has been terrible this season. I might try and bring in another goalkeeper, I have plenty of wage budget left to spend.

Young Iriate, the best player from last years youth intake, has been doing okay. Struggled to score as a striker now he is on the left wing and has started to be getting a lot of assists. He apparently has the pontential to be a La Liga 2 player.

1 hour ago, aldojags said:

@Thebaker like the look of that young cb, just need to boost the physicals a bit but for 15 he looks good with a great personality as u said. Are you getting Parente back next season ?

Parente didn't return but i did bring in on loan a player who has now been capped at u19 by Portugal

C.D. Pamplona

2023/24 End of season update

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | League Table

Best Players

Rodinkov | Mendes | Samu | Iriarte | Victor

It was a far tougher season than I expected, I thought we could fight for promtion but instead it was a relegation fight that was only just survived. Most of the problem was we had the leagues worst defence, we would get the lead only to give it up, sometimes multiple times in the same match. We scored plenty of goals, the third best attack in the league, and the attack was lead by Samu who scored 26 goals in 32 games. Young star Sergio Iriarte contributed 7 goals and 11 assists mostly from the left wing cutting inside as a inside forward.

Looking forward I believe there is alot of the parts of a team that can fight for promotion but I think there needs to tactical changes made to fix the defence. It will be made harder as star centre back Rodinkov is coming out of contract and refuses to sign another one as he is unhappy. Finding a replacement will be one of my biggest tasks in the off season. Fortunately top scored Samu will be back after agreeing to a new 2 year deal.

Youth Intake

The youth intake this year was good, but certainly not as good as last year. The star of the intake is a full back but very low determination will probably end up limiting his development. Still there are a couple of players who might get first team action next season.

Unfortunately I did not understand the league system properly.

It was not the end of the season, somehow we were in a relegation playoff despite finishing outside the relegation zone.

We lost the relegation playoff and were relegated. I have been sacked, it is all over.

There is nothing written in the rules about a relegation playoff, it just happened suddenly and I was completely unprepared for it. 

Edited by Mahzun_Savas

A quick early season update for me, first season in Bundesliga 2 - had a brutal schedule to start with all the big teams and promotion favourites, 8 points from my first 6 games is fantastic, when you consider my opponents.

Spoiler

43754749_Screenshot(52).thumb.png.70bfcb99937cbc88acd8490ca2c925e4.png

I'm having one of those seasons where I'm going to score a lot, but cannot keep them out at the other end, evidences by my 14 goals for, 14 goals against in 6 games!

Spoiler

1625605601_Screenshot(55).thumb.png.3d2b4de55e9c330e6d67bb1b1efdc5d6.png

I got a new affiliation with Union Berlin in the Bundesliga, and got this American striker on loan from them, who has been sensational.

Spoiler

1803753148_Screenshot(54).thumb.png.9157e71192eb588bdccd35998f775fea.png

Delighted with how its going, I've rode my luck a lot, the Schalke win, I was battered in that game, regularly have half the xG of my opponent at the end of the game, but we're taking our chances when they come and hanging in there. 35 points is the target, i think that will keep us up, and we know hit a run of having a lot of bottom half of the division clubs, hope to capitalise on this great start as I never thought it was possible I'd beat Schalke and Hamburg.

Edited by aldojags

SPVGG Unterhaching

Season 1 - 2022-23 - Preason Update

Preseason Results | Tactics

Preseason Matches

We played 7 games during preseason against weaker opposition and it is a bit troubling we only managed 2 wins and 5 draws. Strikers failed to score many goals which has me a little worried whether I have the quality up front I need.

Tactics

We are going to be playing a wing based system. Attacking we will get the ball out wide and swing crosses from attack fullbacks into my striker or inside forwards cutting inside. The central midfield will be defensively minded with two DMs set as ball winning midfielders as I have a number of good players for that role. I will be playing 5 at the back although with the full backs on attack the outside CBs will need to be prepared to cover them.

Transfers

Heerwagen | Kalig | Roige | Schulz

An initial evaluation of the squad showed it was not terrible and did not need wholesale changes. There was a lack of a first choice goalkeeper so I was able to bring in Heerwagen who was a free agent. I felt there was a bit more quality needed at CB so I signed free agent Kalig to be a starting CB. I signed Roige to be cover for DM. I have also offered a contract to young RW Schulz but he has not accepted yet. I am looking at an exceptionally quick LW, a striker with huge jumping reach and a couple of 18 year olds for the future.