• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

SPVGG Unterhaching

Season 1 - 2022-23 - Preason Update

Preseason Results | Tactics

Preseason Matches

We played 7 games during preseason against weaker opposition and it is a bit troubling we only managed 2 wins and 5 draws. Strikers failed to score many goals which has me a little worried whether I have the quality up front I need.

Tactics

We are going to be playing a wing based system. Attacking we will get the ball out wide and swing crosses from attack fullbacks into my striker or inside forwards cutting inside. The central midfield will be defensively minded with two DMs set as ball winning midfielders as I have a number of good players for that role. I will be playing 5 at the back although with the full backs on attack the outside CBs will need to be prepared to cover them.

Transfers

Heerwagen | Kalig | Roige | Schulz

An initial evaluation of the squad showed it was not terrible and did not need wholesale changes. There was a lack of a first choice goalkeeper so I was able to bring in Heerwagen who was a free agent. I felt there was a bit more quality needed at CB so I signed free agent Kalig to be a starting CB. I signed Roige to be cover for DM. I have also offered a contract to young RW Schulz but he has not accepted yet. I am looking at an exceptionally quick LW, a striker with huge jumping reach and a couple of 18 year olds for the future.

Good free agent signings - i know from my year in 3. Liga that those players will comfortably be good at that level, Schulz especially. The link for the centre back doesn't work- takes you back to the link for the keeper. 

but if your squad is of similar standard to your signings then you’ll do well im sure 

France and Hyeres just weren't grabbing me after 2 years. Even though I have loads of leagues loaded there just weren't any players available to sign that would improve my team and the board couldn't find a senior affiliate to help, so I've stepped away from France for a bit. 

In its place I started a build a nation with the greatest footballing nation in the world back in the 1950s - Hungary. I'm churning through the first season and it's already way more fun than France. I'll update when I reach the end of the season. 

Moto Club de São Luís - Introduction

301172.png.409434d410b82d53f39c31e8c7a114a7.png

So after Austria not working out I decided to try this out in my native Brazil. I wanted to pick either a side from a lesser State, so that I could put that State on the map, or a minnow from a bigger state like São Paulo or Rio, preferably with some former success. After reloading numerous times I shortlisted three options:

• Gama or Brasiliense from the Federal District
  • Moto Club from Maranhão
  • Bangu from Rio de Janeiro

I quickly ruled out Gama for having similar colors as Palmeiras and Brasiliense due to them being owned by a corrupt politician. Bangu were runners up in Série A in 1985 so it was an interest proposition, but Moto Club just edged it by the fact that there could be more layers to the challenge:

1. Be the best side in Maranhão: Sampaio Correia are our fierce rivals and the biggest State winners with 32 titles, but we are only 6 behind so taking their crown will be the first goal. They are in Série C with us which means we will play them quite a bit in the first year at least.
  2. The Copa do Nordeste is a regional cup between all Northeastern States, it was defunct for a while but has been restored in the last 10 years. Sampaio Correia are the only team from our state to have won it, so I want to get that title too. We have a good mix of sides from all divisions playing here so will be a decent test
  3. The actual challenge of getting to the top and winning Serie A and the Libertadores too :D

Club Background

Castelao.jpg.9ed5d7a52dcde6a177c96c223f9658db.jpg

Moto Club are based in São Luís, the capital of the Maranhão State and share the municipal Castelão stadium, which holds 40.000 spectators, with big rivals Sampaio Correia and Maranhão. The club was founded in 1937 to compete in cycling and motorcycling events but turned out football was what they were best at. They have won the Maranhão State Championship 26 times and competed in Série A 11 times between 1960 and 1984, which doesnt say much as as much as 80 clubs used to participated in the tournament back then. Since then they have not done too well at national level, playing in Série B the last time in 1997 and Série C in 2017.

Club Profile

Spoiler

487570953_ClubProfile.png.4a3c4fc0a2d3bb609348bca4e8ac06dc.png

Club Facilities

Spoiler

225355520_ClubFacilities.png.826c13f08e74f5220d6e6755fe3635a5.png

Club History

Spoiler

102274480_ClubHistory.png.54654f6aaa3076d44902ddd642505895.png

Manager Profile

Spoiler

1819312820_ManagerProfile.png.cb0197079643ffb4cccf37f957b33f02.png

Brora Rangers 21/22 Season

Very easy title in the Scottish 4th tier.  Kind of had a bad end to the year, let Sterling into the race, but ended on top.  Board gave me plenty of money, I only used about 3/4 my payroll and had by far the best team, I bet we will be good in the 3rd tier next year with almost the same team...but we do have alot of money for upgrades if needed. 

Finances fine so far

Highlight of the save, getting to the 4th round of the scottish cup and losing 2-5 to Celtic at our tiny field.

image.thumb.png.7a03eb812b00cb3bec8d1e20e060d94b.png

image.png.321b716da8081ec4e5840186529daf8e.png

On to the 3rd tier!~

The Spartans FC Logo.png

The Spartans FC - Scotland

Going to give this another try, hopefully in anticipation of visiting Scotland next summer *fingers crossed*

League History

Manager Profile

Picked to finish 9th, the board wants me to avoid relegation so I would hope we can meet expectations. Going to role with a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 depending on what I can pick to fill our holes. We have a very good target man to lead the offence in Blair Henderson, assuming Patrick Thistle doesn't steal him away. And I have a second striker/wide targetman to go with him. Decent if slow centerbacks as well but we are very lacking in midfielders and at goalkeeper.

I have become bored with my save in Portugal, every season seemed the same so i have restarted in Sweden.

Moved ahead 2 seasons to get more choice and went for FBK Karlstad.

While they have been at this level before most of their time has been spent at a lower level.   Club History

The facilities are poor but actually good for a promoted team, the pre-season odds of 300-1 are very high (the next team is 35-1) although i only have 14 players and 2 are silver starred youths.

Edited by Thebaker

Wulfram's Catalonian Adventure
Club de Futbol Peralada
7441062.png.945fe3b284af309a1d734aac7337edc0.png
Segunda División RFEF 3 2022/23
End of Season Update

Overview
Predicted: ?? No odds (Expected to go down)
Actual: 6th
Copa del Rey: First Round vs Espanyol
The Manager: Wulfram Etichonid - History
Finances: (€1.07M) [33rd Esp]
Season Tickets: 243 (^81)
The Squad: First XI, Reserves, Under 19s
Transfers: Part I & Part II 

Competitions Update
Segunda División RFEF 3
Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Was a bit of a weird season for me, we never really made great form, and we really struggled away from home. In september we managed 4 wins from 5 games which put us top of the table (For 1 day), but after that we were inconsistent which led us to the 6th place finish. With a team made of youngsters we did really well.

Copa del Rey

First Round
Club de Fútbol Platges de Calvià 2-6 RCD Espanyol de Barcelona
Soler (40), Gómez (79)

In the first round we were drawn against Espanyol, it really went as expected, they scored two goals in the first 11mins and were up 4-0 before we managed to score from a free kick. The game did draw our largest crowd of the season, but I need a better draw if I want to get to the next round.

Club History

Club de Fútbol Peralada
Year Division Pos Copa del Rey Europe Season Ticket Achievements
2022/23 Segunda Div RFEF 3 6th First Round N/A 243 (^81) Top Half

Around the Traps

Around the Traps
  Competition Winner (Pts) [Nation]
Spain La Liga Real Madrid Club de Fútbol (90)
  La Liga 2 Cádiz Club de Fútbol (93)
  Primera División RFEF Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa (79), Centre d'Esports Sabadell Futbol Club (78)
  Segunda División RFEF Real Avilés Club de Fútbol (68), Club Deportivo Tropezón (79), Club Deportivo Ebro (74), Xerez Club Deportivo (75), Levante Unión Deportiva B (65)
  Supercopa de España Club Atlético de Madrid
  Copa del Rey Real Madrid Club de Fútbol
  Copa Federación de España Yeclano Deportivo
Europe UEFA Champions League Manchester City Football Club [Eng]
  UEFA Europa League Società Sportiva Lazio [Ita]
  UEFA Europa Conference Lille Olympique Sporting Club [Fra]
  UEFA Super Cup Manchester City Football Club [Eng]
World FIFA Club World Cup Real Madrid Club de Fútbol [Eng]
International FIFA World Cup Italy
  European Nations League Italy
  North American Nations League United States of America

Players Update
First Team | Under 19s | Statistics | Shirt Sales

Transfers

Transfers In
Date Player Pos From Fee

31.10.22 Marcos Blázquez DR Free €0
10.01.23 Dani Sampayo GK Free €0
24.04.23 Dani Sandoval AM/MC Free €0

The only transfers we made were 3 improvements at back-up positions, two of them didn’t make the field.

Transfers Out
Date Player Pos To Fee
20.12.22 Manuel DRLC El Ejido €27.5k
21.12.22 Miguel Angel Bethencourt DRC Cerdanyola €10.5k
18.01.23 Youssef Zayzoun AMR Anguiano €1,000

We also sold off a bunch of players who were of no value to us anymore, that included these three where we got funds. Manuel & Bethencourt were youngsters with some upside, but I had better youth options in their positions, so when I got offers I sold.

First Team

Goalkeepers

Iago Domínguez (GK) Gms Conc Cln PoM Y/R Avg Rat
2022/23 35(0) 42 15 1 0/0 6.97
Career 35(0) 42 15 1 0/0 6.97

Dani Sampayo
Marc (YP22b)
The squad has six keepers on the books, but only one played, Iago was excellent for most of the season, the 15 clean sheets were a great benefit, even if I think the central defenders were a big reason for it. Marc dropped to #3 keeper when I brought Sampayo into the team.

Fullbacks

Albert Dalmau (DR) Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
2022/23 32(0) 7 0 1 10/0 6.97
Career 32(0) 7 0 1 10/0 6.97

Mohammed Gadafi (DL) Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
2022/23 33(0) 0 0 0 5/0 6.67
Career 33(0) 0 0 0 5/0 6.67
Marco Blázquez (DR)
Lucas Alcázar (DL)
Pedro Morilla (DL/AML)
The vast majority of the games were played by Dalmau & Gaddafi, Dalmau was incredible, his goals all came from the penalty spot (Yup my right back is my best penalty taker), but he will leave at end of season as he wanted too much to stay), Gaddafi couldn’t speak Spanish when he arrived, but has worked hard and should be good for the new season. The three back-ups were all able to do a job, but were nothing spectacular in the 5 starts and 31 sub appearances.

Centre Backs

Jose Garrido (DC) Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
2022/23 33(0) 6 2 9 3/0 7.30
Career 33(0) 6 2 9 3/0 7.30
Carlos Domínguez (DC) Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
2022/23 30(0) 2 0 2 4/0 7.08
Career 30(0) 2 0 2 4/0 7.08

Ramón Martinez (DC) Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
2022/23 7(16) 0 0 0 2/0 6.78
Career 7(16) 0 0 0 2/0 6.78

Alejandro (DLC)
What a combo, Domínguez and Garrido were the core of our defensive effort all season and also managed to contribute with 8 goals from corners during the season. I have them both signed on for the new season, and with Martinez & Alejandro as the back-ups I feel pretty safe.

Midfielders

Guerre (DM) Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
2022/23 33(0) 0 2 0 2/0 6.87
Career 33(0) 0 2 0 2/0 6.87
Marcos Fernández (MC) Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
2022/23 34(0) 3 1 2 6/1 6.73
Career 34(0) 3 1 2 6/1 6.73
Unai Gómez (MC) Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
2022/23 34(0) 1 3 1 2/1 6.80
Career 33(0) 0 0 0 5/0 6.67

Jordi Triguero (DM/MC)
Chino (DM)
José Ignacio Montávez (YP22a,AM/MC)
These three had a very good combination in the middle, helping distribute the ball to the wings where most of our attack came from, I have a feeling this is where one of our biggest issues was, so am going to look at ways to make the midfield function better in my tactic. Montávez, Chino & Triguero are the best of our young guys in the midfield, Montávez played reasonably well, but hasn’t improved as much as I would like.

Wingers

Erik (AMR) Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
2022/23 32(0) 8 5 2 4/1 6.71
Career 32(0) 8 5 2 4/1 6.71
Kenneth Soler (AML) Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
2022/23 34(0) 4 14 2 3/0 7.03
Career 34(0) 4 14 2 3/0 7.03

Xavier Fontanils (AMRL/ST) Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
2022/23 2(15) 1 1 0 0/0 6.67
Career 2(15) 1 1 0 0/0 6.67

Edu Taboada (AML)
Erik and Kenneth led the way here, with 12 goals and 19 assists between them, Taboada & Fontanils were solid back-ups this season as well, both improving as it went. Kenneth was excellent for all our set pieces, Free Kicks, corners were put on the spot every time. Next season we have two youth prospects for the wings, so Fontanils may move to his natural ST spot.

Strikers
Victor Socorro Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
2022/23 33(1) 11 3 2 1/0 6.82
Career 33(1) 11 3 2 1/0 6.82

Aribim Pepple (ST)
Socorro was starter all season, but was really up and down with the scoring, again might need a tactical adjustment for the new season to get the centre mids up a bit further to provide support. Pepple was the back-up, but in 11 appearances never scored. He did manage 46 goals playing for the Under 19s during the season. 

Youth Player Project
Youth Intake

YP22a: José Ignacio Montávez (AMC)
CA: ★★
PA: ★★★★
Nationality: Ecuadorian
Born: La Maná (CO), Ecuador
DoB: 17.01.06
Foot: Right
Traits: None
Previous Seasons: Sept ‘22

José Ignacio Montávez Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
Senior Team 2(13) 0 0 0 1/0 6.73
Under 19s 26(5) 5 13 0 2/0 7.85

Had a good season for the Under 19s, but hasn’t progressed enough to actually contribute to the Seniors at this stage of his career. I look forward to him playing more next season.

YP22b: Marc Muñoz (GK)
CA: ★
Nationality: Spanish
Born: Perelada, Spain
DoB: 29.07.06
Foot: Right Only
Previous Seasons: Sept ‘22

Marc Muñoz Gms Conc Cln PoM Y/R Avg Rat
Senior Team 0 0 0 0 0/0 --
Under 19s 17(11) 13 19 0 0/0 6.92

Started the season as our back-up keeper, was replaced in this role, but he needs to keep growing if he wants a role in the Seniors. 19 clean sheets in the U19s is an excellent effort for a keeper.

YP22c: Xavier Fontanils (AMRL/ST)
Born: Perelada, Spain
DoB: 17.07.06
Foot: Right
Previous Seasons: Sept ‘22

Xavier Fontanils Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
Senior Team 2(15) 1 1 0 0/0 6.67
Under 19s 23(4) 14 14 2 4/0 7.50

Following an injury to our back-up winger, Edu, Fontanils made it onto the bench as our main wing sub. He looked a little out of place, did manage 2 starts and a goal in the seniors, but he also managed 14 goals and 14 assists in just 27 appearances for the Under 19s

YP23a: Imanol Martínez  (AML/ST)
PA: ★★★
Born: Barcelona, Spain
DoB: 21.05.07
Foot: Right Only
Traits: Shoots from Distance
Previous Seasons: April '22
Imanol is a natural striker who likes to shoot from distance, but only has 5 finishing and 9 composure. He will definitely spend more time in the U19s than the First team.

YP23b: Aitor García  (AMRLC)
CA: ★★
PA: ★★★
Born: Salt, Spain
DoB: 14.07.07
Foot: Left Only
Traits: Gets into Opposition Area
García is a natural left winger with pretty good physical traits, but he needs to work on his technical ability, dribbling and crossing especially if he wants to play Left Wing for us. 

Records & Awards Update
Records | Awards | Best XI

Club Awards Night
Fans Player of the Season: Jose Garrido
Young Player of the Season: Jose Garrido
Goal of the Season: Marcos Fernández (25) vs Espanyol B - Scored a powerful effort from 23m
Signing of the Season: Carlos Domínguez
Best XI: I.Domínguez, Dalmau, Garrido, C.Domínguez, Gaddafi, Guerre, Gómez, Fernández, Erik, Soler, Socorro

Broken Records

Match Records
Most Goals in a Match: Victor Socorro (ST)  - 2 vs Cerdanyola del Vallès FC
Fastest Goal: Victor Socorro (ST) -  56s vs Cerdanyola del Vallès FC

Season Records
Most Overall Goals: Victor Socorro (ST)  - 11
Most League Goals: Victor Socorro (ST)  - 11
Most Assists: Kenneth Soler (AML) - 14
Most Clean Sheets: Iago Domínguez (GK) - 15
Most PoM: Jose Garrido (DC) - 9
Highest Avg Rating: Jose Garrido (DC) - 7.30

Career Records
Most League Appearances: Albert Dalmau (DR) - 66

Player Records
Youngest Player: Xavier Fontanils (YP22c) - 16y 70d
Oldest Player: Albert Dalmau - 31y 59d
Youngest Goalscorer: Xavier Fontanils (YP22c) - 16y 238d
Oldest Goalscorer: Albert Dalmau - 31y 17d

Match Sequence Records
Winning Streak: 3 (30.04.23 - 14.05.23)
Undefeated Streak: 5 (12.03.23 - 9.04.23)
Losing Streak: 2 (14.12.22 - 18.12.22)
Scoring Streak: 6 (26.02.23 - 02.04.23)
Without Conceding: 2 (18.09.22 - 25.09.22)

Match Records
Highest Attendance: 1,274 vs Espanyol
Biggest Win: 3-0 vs Tarragona B (H)
Biggest Loss: 2-6 vs Espanyol (H)
Highest Scoring Match: 2-6 vs Espanyol (H)

The Future Update

Transfers for 2023/24

Transfers In
Date Player Pos From Fee
01.07.23 Javier Pérez DR Águilas FC €0

Just the single signing so far, our replacement right back.

My Thoughts

I actually think the team is good enough to push forward into at least the playoffs now they are used to my tactics and working together. I really want to go for promotion, and with the board nearly doubling my wage budget, I may end up splashing some cash on some stars, will see what comes up. Also helped by getting a 2 year extension, meaning my job is a bit more stable.

Boards Thoughts

Want us to play:Possession Football, Make the Most of Set pieces, and High Tempo.
Work within wage budget, and bravely fight against relegation (I thought they wanted midtable.
They also increased the wage budget from €23k to €41k

Edited by Lower Leagues Rule

I'm not sure, I guess my only suggestion is making sure the units you are running don't have like hidden strength training. 

I get yelled at for not doing enough quickness training

55 minutes ago, Tyer said:

I'm not sure, I guess my only suggestion is making sure the units you are running don't have like hidden strength training. 

I get yelled at for not doing enough quickness training

I looked and I do one general physical session a week which says it works on strength so maybe that is what they are complaining about. 

6 minutes ago, corinthiano said:

I just leave training with my assistant :D

That is one area of the game I really don’t have patience for…

That is what I generally do but I am trying to do it for these saves as it can be better if you do it yourself. I really don't know what I am doing so I am probably doing it worse than my assistant would do it.

SPVGG Unterhaching

Season 1 - 2022/23 Mid Season Update

League Results | League Table

It has not been easy and it has been an up and down first half of the season. A horrid start leaving us last, a good recovery to drag us out of the relegation zone, a slump in form putting us back in the relegation zone and lastly a glorious win to give hope to the second half of the season. We are in a difficult position sitting in the highest relegation place of 17th, but it is far from unsummountable, just two points from moving out of the relegation zone. Win the next game and we should be clear.

The major problem I have faced is players just not playing well, especially the defence, and getting very low ratings. Perhaps they simply are not good enough but they are the players I have in the squad

New Signings

Mai | Deville | Dione

In addition to the players I brought in in preseason I have made a few more signings. Most importantly is the CB Mai who helped stabilise the defence with a bit more quality than I had in the team. Mai, with a jumping reach of 18 and heading of 16, has also been a handy target for corners. I would have made more signing except I have no more wage budget to spend.

I have completed my National C license and have started on my National B license.

The clubs financial health is worsening rapidly and we might need an injection of funds by the end of the season.

@Mahzun_Savas tough start to the league, but you are only 4-5 points off mid-table so hopefully a good run with a more settled side can help you clear the relegation zone. Did you find the poor start had to do with the low rep when you start at the club? In both my sides it took a few months until the squad started respecting me a bit more...

RW Essen

Like all the years I try my luck at Rot Weiß Essen.

Last year I only had 4 season until Bundesliga. I don't played more seasons because it's my 2nd save and I play my online save more then this save.

Hope I have this year more time to play the save.

My best result was winning the quintuple in FM 2014.

Wulfram's Catalonian Adventure
Club de Futbol Peralada
7441062.png.945fe3b284af309a1d734aac7337edc0.png
Segunda División RFEF 3
Preseason September 2023

Friendlies | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Dynamics | Dev Centre

Overview
This offseason saw the team give me a 2 year extension, create a B-Team, and they doubled our wage budget to €45k per week. I lined up a series of friendlies that were a bit tougher than last offseason. The media are predicting us to come third, the players want Playoffs, and the board just want us to fight against relegation, this should be a good season.

Friendlies

Date Cmp Opposition H/A Us Opp Rslt Goalscorers Att.
07-08-23 FRN Peralada B   2 1 W Víctor (32), Kenneth (57) 0
11-08-23 FRN Figueres   4 1 W Sandoval (3,62), C.Domínguez (24), Erik (90) 196
14-08-23 FRN La Jonquera   4 1 W Sandoval (30), C.Domínguez (49), Víctor (67), A.Garrido (81) 157
16-08-23 FRN Ebro   1 1 D Pepple (17) 139
18-08-23 FRN Banyoles   4 1 W C.Domínguez (12), Víctor (30), Sandoval (36,62) 131
21-08-23 FRN Manlleu   4 1 W Pepple (17,34), A.Garrido (59), Víctor (90+4) 290
24-08-23 FRN Costa Brava   2 1 W Pepple (13), Víctor (32) 128
27-08-23 FRN Olot   1 1 D Pepple (57) 184
30-08-23 FRN Girona B   2 3 L Pepple (32,50) 150
02-09-23 FRN Mataró   4 0 W Pinto (22p), Víctor (24,34), C.Domínguez (55) 169

Against the teams from lower leagues, we won 4-1 a lot, while when we faced teams in our own level (Olot, Costa Brava, Ebro & Girona B) we managed to split the results, it was a bit of a rough one, but one good thing came of it as Pepple really stepped up, and will now be the starting striker for this season.
Things I learnt during this run of games, there was no issue with my Advanced Playmaker not getting chances, Sandoval just far better at putting them away, Kenneth Soler, has Kenneth on back of his shirt, so I shall refer to him as such, and Pepple was incredible.

Transfers

Transfers In
Date Player Pos From Fee
03.06.23 Samu Pinto MC Free €0
05.06.23 Rihards Ozoliņš DM Free €0
01.07.23 Javier Pérez DR Águilas FC €0
05.07.23 Iker ST Free €0
06.07.23 Adrià Martínez MC Free €0
09.07.23 Víctor AML Free €0
21.07.23 Adrián Luque DC Free €0
05.08.23 Adrián Garrido AML Free €0
07.08.23 Rodri Gómez DC Sanse €4k
07.08.23 Jon Merino DC Free €0
13.08.23 Mitko Rusanov AMRLC Talavera €0

We went a bit lighter on players in this window, 11 total signings, including a new midfield as we added Pinto and Ozoliņš to start in the centre spots, alongside Sandoval who was yet to play. Víctor was added to play as the starting left winger, and Pérez will play at Right back, we signed him 6 months ago to replace Dalmau who wouldn’t sign a new deal. Luque, Garrido & Rusanov will be on the reserve bench. Merino, Gomez, Iker and Martínez should all have starting roles for our B Team.

Transfers Out
Date Player Pos To Fee
19.07.23 Jordi Triguero DM Atletico Madrileño €26.5k
28.08.23 Brais Val AML CD Mensajero €17.5k
30.08.23 Álex MR Real Murcia CF €22.5k

We also sold three more youngsters that we had signed for free, none of them were showing any chance of getting the quality needed for the next level, so getting any money is useful. Especially as the club is a million in the red.

Starting Line-up

Iago Domínguez (GK)
Javier Pérez (DR)
Jose Garrido (DC)
Carlos Domínguez (DC)
Mohammed Gadafi (DL)
Rihards Ozoliņš (DM)
Dani Sandoval (MC)
Samu Pinto (MC)
Víctor (AMR)
Kenneth Soler (AMR)
Aribim Pepple (ST)

My Expectations

After being named as the over performers of the year in Segunda Division REFF, the media aren’t going to let that stand this time, as they have put us down as third favourites for the title. We should be able to contend for Playoffs, if not the title with my improved team. Also notice in the Overperformers screenshot, that Pepple was named one of the worst signings of the season, he now is going to be our starter to turn that around.

i3MKroi.png

Brora Rangers 23/24 Season

Back to back titles bring us to the 2nd division in Scotland!  I think we have a bit of a sugar daddy owner who injected 250k into the club.

image.thumb.png.28291a77b9ddebdf32c7766a59d9c201.png

Highlight on the season my centerback with tons of goals, here is his stats and the near post corner routine bagging me those 25 goals a year that seems to be making the difference between average team and champions.

image.png.30ec2f0b75c9bdc8ee9e459cbf591821.png

image.png.ec43e9219e50c612ddcd930a91149dea.png

Logo

Hyères 83 Football Club

I know I said I was moving to Hungary, and I did complete most of a season there, but while playing in Hungary I managed to build a 352 tactic that actually seemed effective. Finding a good tactic was the one thing that I was really struggling with in France, so I jumped back into my Hyeres save and took the tactic with me and it was actually pretty successful. We managed to salvage a season that looked like it was falling apart and ended up 14th. A hell of a fall off from last season, but I was really scrabbling around for a good few months in there.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.875b7f3d1f451190863c43095f4bde44.png

image.thumb.png.870329fce044d8f95413e1664b1b1107.png

Doucoure was probably the star player, banging in 19 goals and 5 assists with an average rating of 7.32. If only he wasn't 33 and actually had a future with the team! Quite a lot of players averaged over 7 for the season, which seems to be out of line with the final league position, but we were somehow 5th in the league for xG. We underperformed that xG by almost 4 goals so a striker is top of the shopping list for the offseason.

We were busy with transfers, constantly trying to find players that would give us an extra spark and move us forward, but no-one really made a huge difference. The loan signings helped, but none of them were really "wow" performers.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d63d43b4988ff4df5e95d9f634a60ec7.png

image.thumb.png.11fa7332795523f8d18369637c660515.png

Finally, as always at this level, the finances are a total mess and there's nothing I can do about them. Hopefully I can push towards Ligue 2 next year with the right signings and that will a) turn the team professional (we're still semi pro) and b) help with income. Our stadium isn't big enough for this level and because we have no money the board can't afford the improvements necessary!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a82ad43c448a5de72d3e2f49cb433b86.png

image.thumb.png.c639e9abc3740ade822d5368fa99c0b6.png

Wow haven't posted for a few days and have missed a lot.

Welcome @gb2003I think I remember your name from maybe FM12 on this challenge, that team name rings a bell!

@Britrockthat's cool man just needed a wee sabbatical! hope the 352 helps you push on, a few of the youtubers I watch use it successfully, I still dont have the guts to try it i just like my back 4, but one day I may try it out!

@Tyerthat's great good luck for Div 1! Great achievement with a few fully professional teams in amongst you there! with your sugar daddy are you going to ask for full professional status? I've never managed to get it unless I get into the SPL, had a few saves over the years with lower league Scottish clubs and they will not do it until we are premier league, but getting out the championship being a part time team is quite hard! But good luck, and the centre back is class, if only he had a wee turn of pace you'd have an unbelievable player!

@Lower Leagues Rulesome good signings there, that centre back pairing looks rock solid!

@aldojagsFirst time managing in Scotland.  Levels 3 and 4 were very easy but I assume this year is going to be alot harder because there is decent prize money in the top tier of scotland and there are parachute payments so the teams coming down to the 2nd level are going to be very very tough.

There's nothing special about that defender I was just showing that corner technique I've been using seems to kick ass no matter what.  Maybe those 22 goals a game can sneak me into a much better postion in the championship if that holds up.

image.png.9e668f6c651c0e8c703fd971f44e51dd.png

Season 3 | 2024-2025 | In the 1.League

A promotion to a new league is always a bit stressful and making the step to 1.League wasn't that different. Media also predicted us the last place, but with only 125-1 odds of winning, I figured that the league would be pretty even and was hopeful that we could survive. In order to do that, we'd need a couple of good signings to get us going. 

The first good news came in when we were announced that we would receive 2M€ over the course of the season in TV rights. For a club which was ~200k€ in the red at the end of the season, this was much welcome news. I did not anticipate TV payouts of that magnitude, but we smiled and said thank you very much. 

Transfers

Signing new players got us two challenges. The first one being that existing players were feeling that they were getting replaced by the new guys, which wasn't entirely false, to be honest. But this led to interesting discussions with a few players, notably our only team leader Berkin Taskin, who was a good midfielder for 2.League standards, but wasn't quite cutting it at this level. He was however quite influential in the dressing room and I managed to put the lid on him with promises of more playing time and a few apps here and there, but he'll be moving on this summer. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.eb89882c9b6c8ed1c72ae0164c548b4e.png

On the way out, we notably had our star left midfielder Yunus Kefeli (screenshot below), signing for 40k€ to SuperLeague side Altay, but we got him back on a loan for the season, which I've also been able to extend for the next year. Apart from him going out, there was a bit of deadwood which was offloaded. 

Coming in to the side are Kerem Baykus, which was signed for our highest fee yet of 22.5k€ from 1.League rivals Bld. Erzurumspor. He joined us in the winter transfer window, being a quite good rotation option in the midfield when we wanted to be a bit more attacking. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.dafc14ea5f45871fbf29cedc513c75a5.png

The other notable signing is Yasin Ceylan, who at only 18 years old got in and jumped right in the first team at defensive midfield. He's our first player at the international level, being capped at the U18 level. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.a90ca608812d7999922fe1a1706875e4.png

League Performance

Contrary to last season, we started very well, with a win against the league favourites Gotzepe and maintaining a roughly good form over the course of the season. We hit a bad patch of form in the February and March, which ultimately cost us a place in the playoffs. We finished 7th, 5 points away from the playoffs, which is a great success considering our initial expectations to fight bravely against relegation. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.7cf503a9bc9f1fefe8988b296123f293.png

Turkish Cup

Our Turkish Cup performance was great this year, being eliminated on away goals after two high scoring draws against Besitkas, as shown earlier in the thread. We almost didn't make it there though, as we had to go through a penalty shootout against Denizlispor in the Third round. Very good performance from the lads in the Cup. Besitkas then went on to actually win the Turkish Cup! 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.85307a3f513f19189a69a07968fc2a75.png

The Team

Without major changes to the club,s key contributors, we kept playing in our Asymetric 4-3-1-2 which was quite effective again. It exposed us a bit in defence, but the quality of Necati Saltik and Yusuf Götkas was enough to plug these holes and have our defence still be quite solid.  

Révélation

image.thumb.png.df95f412152b4437333375030d6c8e15.png

image.thumb.png.1508cd4f245a9ad57366dfdc444844d5.png

Individual highlights

Yusuf Götkas - DC - 3 goals, 6 PoM, 7.51 avg. rating

I was able to again extend the loan from Ankaragücü. He came on loan in the second part of last season from Ankaragücü (who finished last in the SuperLeague this season!) and kept Yusuf at the center of our defence, but I'm paying part of his wages now. Very sound defensively, great in the air and at marking, but still quite slow (and this doesn't seem to improve). This technical abilities are quite above the standard of the 1.League, but I think he'll be too slow to follow us should we get promoted. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.053c977bd64ea2a56efe363470dc3e38.png

Damion Probodziak - AM(RL), ST - 17 goals, 5 assists, 7.14 avg. rating

He was initially playing in front, as an Advanced Forward coupled with a pressing forward, but during the year we changed the tactics a bit and he got to play in a False 9 role, which suited him (and the team) very well. That hides a bit his super poor finishing but still plays to his strong acceleration and agility, which is much better. He also has the Turkish second nationality, so he doesn't count as a foreign player. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.442183db9424a5f7ff5b56b13dc7e922.png

For the Future

Our lottery ticket for this season is Yasin Ceylan, playing in the midfield. He has the stamina for playing as a BWM at that level, but will likely transition him as a DLP next year, we'll see! 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.004b91cd6876b17dccf15ba549de7fe8.png

Other News

Finances improved quite drastically with the 1.97 M€ coming in TV rights. 

image.thumb.png.b063c44cad575b67ad57e8361c84a193.png

- Youth Intake this year wasn't bad. there's a few players which look ok, but all with crappy personalities. Not holding my breath, but I could have a couple of pleasant surprises. 

image.thumb.png.bce5beafd4f2b98f020ea8276c58407b.png

- In the SuperLeague, it was much closer this year, with Fenerbahçe winning over Galtasaray by 1 point, who was 1 point ahead of Besitkas. Very close up top. 

- In Europe, Bayern won the Champions League, Arsenal won the EURO Cup and Real Hispalis (!!!) one the EURO Cup II, dominating everything along the way. 

- I now have Galatasaray as a Senior affiliate, I'm expecting a couple of quite good loan players coming in next week. 

- Our U19 won their group and have been promoted to U19 Elite Group B, which is analoguous to the 1.League, but for U19 players. 

Looking Back

Survive in the 1.League: Resounding success! 

- Get a striker I can believe in (for real this time): Not quite. I'll need someone which will be able to bang goals when playing next to Probodziak.

- Start scouting Eastern Europe (now that I can sign foreign players): Started, but that's a long-term project. 

Looking Forward

Get in the playoffs for the 1.League

- Get a striker I can believe in (this time I really mean it)

- Try to pay more attention to the U23 league rules selections, as I've had to leave out spots on the bench quite a bit in the last occasion, limiting us sometimes in our changes. 

Summary

Year Season League Position Points Goal Diff Cup Europe Avg. Attendance Top Scorer Top Assist Training Youth Junior Youth Rec
1 2022/2023 2.L 11 51 -4 3rd Round NA 4013 Serhat Mutlu (10) Sezer Yildim (9) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
2 2023/2024 2.L 1 75 32 4th Round NA 4257 Onur Demir (12) Yunus Kefeli (10) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
3 2024/2025 1.L 7 57 17 5th Round NA 5765 Damion Probodziak (17) Yunus Kefeli (10) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
Edited by jmarchand

il y a 6 minutes, Tyer a dit :

@jmarchandAre you using the Zealand regen face pack?  I wasn't aware that dropped for fm22

I am! and I can't go back to the standard Regen faces, 

Here's the link to it: https://fm-base.co.uk/resources/newgan-facepack.1266/

And if you need to be convinced, here's the same guy, in a regen face and with the facepack. Pretty impressive upgrade, if you ask me and I can't believe that they haven't just bought it outright to incorporate in the base game. 

Capture d’écran, le 2021-11-03 à 11.07.26.png

Capture d’écran, le 2021-11-03 à 11.12.32.png

1 hour ago, Tyer said:

@jmarchandAre you using the Zealand regen face pack?  I wasn't aware that dropped for fm22

It technically hasn't, but the same process from 21 works in 22. 

Sadly SI can't use it because the face gen software it uses is created by nvidia and the license says that it can't be used to profit from 

spacer.png

Donegal Celtic

Season 4 – Danske Bank Premier League – 5th

Transfers Squad Key PlayerHot Prospect

image.png.bef99fd9c35a718088c1cf1ac23997ba.png

Overview

I was happy enough with the squad that had gotten us promoted, however, the increased quality of the players that were available for us to bring in meant loyalty went out the window as we, in what seems like an annual occurrence at the moment, overhauled the squad trying to add quality all over the pitch and overall, I was happy with our additions.

Whilst we did bring in new players, we were still well down the odds in terms of our likelihood to do well and that was reflected in us comfortably being beaten in our first 3 games before a 4-0 victory cleared a few cobwebs and perhaps instilled some belief into the players that we can compete at this level.

As the season came into full bloom the league was split really into 4 groups, relegation fodder, the 3 title chasers, upper midtable and the rest. Thankfully for us, we actually found ourselves in the upper midtable group of teams, as 4 teams were battling it out for positions 4th to 7th, the main aim being top 6 and the Championship group. One thing I noticed from us this season is that if we scored we would usually win, and if we conceded we’d lose. It seems an obvious statement, but so few of our games had both teams scoring which ultimately ended in our goalkeeper setting the league clean sheet record.

We eventually managed to secure a top 6 place which was a real positive outcome from our first time in the top flight. The championship group was not fantastic, but we managed to hold on for a 5th place finish, and also managing to qualify for the European Places playoffs. Alas, our semi-final tie ended in us losing after extra time, a disappointing outcome, but still a very promising season from us.

We had one disappointing loss in the league cup to a team from the bottom league, but the other two cups saw us knocked out to quite simply, teams that are better than us so for them I wasn’t too disappointed.

Next Season

I’m a bit of a stuck record here, but I’m hoping that finally we can offer part-time deals, this season worked out pretty well in that no player left when I didn’t want them to, which allowed a fairly steady team throughout. However, I think we will lose a few this summer which will mean yet another rebuild on the way.

I’d be happy with a repeat performance next season, top 6 to stabilise ourselves in the top flight, and to start generating income from the prize money it gives to set us up for long term success.

Players of note

Josh Mackay  One of our many summer signings and a very good one at that. When available, he was an automatic starter, a couple goals for him along side contribution to our 18 clean sheets. I think he will be leaving this summer which is a shame.

Tomislav VukusicHe’s been on loan for a few years now, and 17 of the 18 league wins we had came with him in the side, a very important component to our squad. The main issue is him being on loan from a league rival so misses at least the games against them but a compromise I’m happy with to keep him at the club.

Alex KovacevicAnother summer signing, this time in goal, a very good season for the young keeper as he beat the league clean sheet record with 18 and contributed to us having the second best defense in the league in goals conceded terms.

Overview

image.thumb.png.b911ded9c3c30b868c1decefbeaf256f.png

Well I have some bad news... 
At midseason break we led the league, following the break we met Valencia in the Copa De Rey, our first loss in 12 games... We then some how completely lost the plot and I never managed to recover it as we dropped to go 6-5-6 through the remainder of the season, and plummeted out of the playoffs and the board fired me... 
I am going to take a break and have a few muck around games trying to figure out what to do when my teams start to fall apart because this is now two in a row where I started a slide and never recovered.

@Lower Leagues Rulesorry about that.  Dynamics can really be a downward spiral and once they start feeling bad you can't turn it around.

Only thing I've found working is schedule a couple mid week friendlies against BAD teams and just go out there and thump them and maybe that starts getting the guys feeling good again.

@_JHTB_solid first season up! So you're doing all this as an amatuer club? That keeper is great, especially not paying him all season!

Going to be a tough nut to crack with the top 3 in that league they look so strong, look forward to seeing how you get on!

@Lower Leagues Rulesorry about your struggles man that's a shame, frustrating when a season implodes like that for no real reason. From what I'm hearing the morale/team dynamics/confidence part of fm22 have been meaning a run of losses is often the end of most jobs!

21 minutes ago, aldojags said:

@_JHTB_solid first season up! So you're doing all this as an amatuer club? That keeper is great, especially not paying him all season!

Going to be a tough nut to crack with the top 3 in that league they look so strong, look forward to seeing how you get on!

We're not amateur, we just can only offer non-contract deals at the moment. I think it's down to reputation of club and league and because we've had a relatively fast rise from very small reputation leagues we need to catch up a little. 

I actually managed to keep hold of my keeper this summer which, in fairness, is because nobody actually came in for him - there loss

16 hours ago, Tyer said:

I wish I would have keep track on every in a google doc like you did with all the seasons like that.

I like keeping track, especially in long term saves, is good to look back on where we came from. I am actually compiling player stats to keep top 10s for appearances, goals, assists etc. just no point including them on my updates until we've more players lasting longer than a season at the club.

15 hours ago, Lower Leagues Rule said:

I am going to take a break and have a few muck around games trying to figure out what to do when my teams start to fall apart because this is now two in a row where I started a slide and never recovered.

As @Tyer and @aldojags mentioned, morale is crucial. Friendlies and team meetings are good ways to improve morale as well as praising players for good training, a good individual performance, conduct etc. Hopefully your next save is more fruitful

Oh god, I know what started the spiral now then...
I signed a replacement Centre back, the previous starter got pissed, he was an influential player... That combined with the cup loss was enough to get the team quesitoning me, and that's when I never really recovered... ok Maybe I go back to Spain and give it another go. 
Alternatiovely, I did just create a game in Portugal as well.

aldojags

Season Review 2023/24

League Table | Fixtures 1 & 2 | Manager Profile | Club Vision | Finances | Transfers

On paper, a great first season up in Bundesliga 2, a comfortable 8th placed finish where we were never in danger. However, with about 6 games to go, we were in decent form and within touching distance of the promotion places, but a complete capitulation last few games of the season saw us finish 8 points away from it. Frustrating - we lost a lot of preventable points, lot of games we just threw away points, lot of games we lost that we shouldn't have. Had some really bad, long term injuries too, 2 starters missed most of the season. But all in all a great year, just frustrating what could have been. Had my one and only job offer too, from a team in lower league strangely enough!

Team

Player of the season by far, Nick Woltemade - striker who we had last year on loan from Werder Bremen, and they were kind enough to give him back, and he stepped up again, fantastic season. Crazily, WB have gave him to us again for next year! I'll take it, but an early sign that FM22 has the same loan system as Fm21 where great players just get loaned up for half their career despite the fact they are playing amazing! But I won't complain - he was top scorer in the division, and named in team of the year.

Otherwise, had this young American striker from Union Berlin - Malick Sanogo. Started the season on fire, and won his first senior USA cap. DIdn't finish the season so well, I'm trying to get him back though as he was amazing first few months, where most of those goals were scored. (Just realised this is old screenshot - I promise he was capped by USA and he scored about 16 goals!)

Some of my other best players - right back Jannick Dehm, biggest earner at the club, but he's one of our best players so I don't mind. I signed this Icelandic left back from Dortmund, but he ended up having a great season as a box to box midfielder. He was a revelation in there actually after I signed him to play left back! His midfield partner for most of the season, a guy from last year, our Latvian winger, Mackrekis - who is frustrating at times on the wings, but I moved him to a Mezzala beside Finnsson, and he was great. Felix Irore on loan at centre half had a good year and I've got him back for next year too. Pasalic arrived from Dortmund and had a good year, fans pleased with this signing.

Youth Intake

Preview | Intake

For second season in a row, 16 players, all Germans with no 2nd nationalities. A few talented players here, Thomas Tauer I think looks like he has best chance, and we're struggling for effective wingers so I won't hesitate to throw him in if my senior players don't improve. A lot of poor personalities though, my HOYD contract is up so I may be on the lookout for a better person for this role. Heck looks ok too, Pflucke apparently has high potential but he won't go anywhere with those physicals so he needs some work. Reimann looks decent too. Fruhauf I think could make a good BWM but the aggression of 20 has me worried! Ben Weiss - attacking mid which I never use so he prob won't amount to anything. Had a youth player poached - by a team in a lower league...so that makes sense!

Next Season

I've had my wage budget boosted from 85k per week to £103k per week (due to dumping all my transfer fund into it!). I haven't lost anyone I didn't want to (apart from Sanogo maybe not coming back on loan), and I've signed a few decent players - I want to get closer to top of the league this year. I don't think I could win it, the teams coming down from Bundesliga are loaded with quality, but just mount a challenge. Strangely, again, the season preview bit has us ranked bottom, which is weird given our last 2 seasons have been winning a league, then consolidating mid table, with the top scorer in league, the AI really doesn't understand football! I thought I would have been considered a dark horse for promotion, not a certainty for relegation! I told my players at end of season (options were- "lets try and stay up, even through play offs", or we can avoid relegation fight"). I chose avoid relegation fight - and this was the reaction from the squad - this team meeting rubbish needs fixed, totally broken, whole team offended at me saying "we can stay up!" after that good season we had. Really stupid, was the same on Fm21.

Board are looking to build a stadium back in Jena as we are groundsharing in Erfurt, which is about 35 miles away from Jena. Planned capacity of 15k for the new place, which considering our average attendance last year was around 13k seems a mistake, but never mind! I asked for senior affiliate, and got offered a few big clubs, the one with best options for loan I thought was Bayer Leverkusen, so I've got about 5 or 6 loanees in from them for no money, which is quite handy! Some of them are crap, but they'll do for depth! But a few good ones from them, this young Polish striker looks good, and Iker Bravo came in on loan too. I signed Kunze from Arminia Bielefield for £200k, going to play him as a CM on defend, nice steady player beside Finnson or Mackrekis. Got this Montenegrin winger on a free who looks good. Bubanj in on loan from Red Star Belgrade looks good squad player too.

So yeah, I want to finish in the top 5 next year (but secretly with an eye on the promotion places if I manage it right!)

Season 

Div 

Pos 

Cup 

Ave Att 

Europe 

WC/Euros 

ECC 

EC 

EC2 

Ballon D’Or 

Highest world transfer 

2022/23

3. Liga

1st

N/A

N/A

WC - France 

Liverpool

Inter 

Atalanta

Mo Salah L'pool 

Youri Tielemans PSG (£82m)

2023/24

Bundesliga 2

8th

1st rd

N/A

PSG

Milan 

Sevilla 

Mo Salah L'pool 

Lautaro Martinez PSG (£102m) 

Edited by aldojags

Brora Rangers 24/25 Season

Hey!  We managed to survive!  And actually finish 5th!

Everyone else in the league is professional.  But we have a large enough wage bill I think we can be competitive, we started out very very slowly, but started signing players at this level and by the end of the year we were hanging with the top teams and beating the mid table teams, so I'm 'hoping' promotion playoffs next year, just need to push to 4th.

We managed to stay VERY healthy this year, so maybe this was a bit of a fluke.  Did make a cup final, even if it's the lesser cup that you get next to no money for.  

Doing my best to keep my dynamics in check while bringing in new players to improve the squad, (we are basically letting everyone go next year that was on our team 2 seasons ago.)  This team basically went from tier 5 to tier 2 in 3 years.  So hopefully a bit of settling is in order.  Although, without a promotion, we will never go professional, and I won't be able to mold this team the way I want too.  There is some decent money in the Scottish top tier.  and 6 euro spots, so fingers crossed.  

image.thumb.png.dc33a17931c4e67d35e8231498fb4e84.png

Edited by Tyer