FM22 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

4 hours ago, _JHTB_ said:

To be fair, you are still in the second tier so even with the new riches you still have challenges ahead of you, just less constraints over money. I think in my save there are about 6 teams in the premier league who have tycoons currently so you'd still have plenty teams to be competing with for signings anyway

I'm under no illusions that winning things is going to be easy, it's just that every annoyance around the managing the club has been removed. Even if I get promoted I've still got the PSG juggernaut in Ligue 1 to get past (they've won every title since the save started) but things like this should help! :lol: That's tripled my wage budget and I have no idea how to spend £25m in Ligue 2!

image.png.a729592daae696238e95b31ad5c54322.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://scorenco.com/media/club_pictures/2021/06/23/hyeres-fc-f3c191139f9440d7883af4a72423e65d=s200x200

Hyeres 83 FC - 2031/32 season review

The one with the tycoon takeover!

A good season where we finished 7th, but were still 11 points off of the playoffs. We transitioned from the 352 that I've been playing for years to a 41212 diamond after we went on a 6 game run without a win through November. After the change we immediately went on an 8 game unbeaten run, winning 7 and only conceding 3, before 4 more games without a win. We finished the season only losing one of the last 8 so I think I'm happy going into next season with this formation. As part of the change, I also moved away from the counter attacking setup that I'd used to survive the past two seasons. I figured that my team was now competent enough to be able to keep possession and it seems to have been borne out by the results.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3754fb08687f68b873dcc253d6eb67fb.png

image.thumb.png.d783865d1fcebc1b5b3f9b54bbaa1d2e.png

image.png.ed4935e209984f7b7744eb00e5e52b4f.png

Standout performers this season were Wesley Jansen, on loan from Go Ahead Eagles in the Netherlands. Sadly he signed for Cadiz for next season on a Bosman so I won't have him moving forwards. He's physically dominant so it would have been nice to have him around but he signed before the takeover so I never had a chance. Abdourahim Aïdara was someone we had on loan from Lens a few years back but we signed on a cheap deal permanently. Ibrahima Sow was back on goalscoring form again after a slow season last year, banging in 23 goals to bring his career totals to 87 in 150 games. He's been fantastic but I think his time at the club may now be up as he's in his early 30s. Idris Odutayo was great as always at left back and Lewis Vervaeke was a January signing who blew a hole in our wage budget but was totally worth it.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.32c8ef7ee3bcb3c24dcd0bf6a65d7333.png

image.thumb.png.fdf3a043e21d06a1f47433aca4c52d06.png

image.thumb.png.116ba8653a3bd23ae86d727ac90d71a4.png

image.thumb.png.6e7fe727cd1ebea6f36214b25c0d340b.png

image.thumb.png.0940b3d9d4f61c31c7651707e9323d3f.png

image.thumb.png.4c1fafcbcfe5b2735bdcbfd2a32271f7.png

Now, the important part. Mahmoud Saeed completed his takeover of the club at the end of March and has pumped so much money into our coffers. He immediately put £38m into the bank balance and allowed us to expand our scouting network to worldwide, improve our junior coaching, expand our youth recruitment, improve our training and youth facilities, hire two new scouts, two new coaches and a physio, allowed me to finally get my first coaching badge and gave me £10m to spend. For next season that transfer budget has expanded to £25m with £145k wage budget, although I've moved more of that into wages. Needless to say I've been busy trying to improve the squad and I've already got 9 transfers lined up for next season! Mahmoud seems like a decent guy as well, he only wants mid-table next season, he's not pushing for immediate promotion which I was worried about.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.179524c7550ef03bc7548f7276dba734.png

image.thumb.png.07029187b5910a2490bc37668c33d5ea.png

Edited by Britrock

As we have the chance to complete the challenge by winning this match I’ve decided to do a play by play update style starting with the starting lineup.

image.png.3a8d4f579db5d2f71713d614fe245e15.png

Sweeper Keeper - Karim Akrour

Right Wing Back - Hugo Munoz

Right Centre Back - Alejandro Camargo

Left Centre Back - Joao Vitor

Left Inverted Wing Back - Ricardo Oviedo

Half Back - Juan Eduardo Oltalvaro

Advanced Playmaker - Leonel Naranjo

Central Midfield  - Dayle Hinshelwood-North

Right Winger – Veysal Cinar

Trequartista – Chris Gorman

Striker – Mario Celso

We’re fielding almost our full strength side, the notable absentee is Rhys Guppy who picked up an injury and is only fit enough for the bench (even then unlikely to be risked)

--- 20th Minute --

First major chance of the match falls to Inter as Akrour parries behind. The resultant corner is headed over and the tie remains nil-nil

-- 24th Minute --

Looks to be a Donegal Celtic attack but the ball is turned over and Inter counter, ultimately firing the ball into the back of the net 1-0.

-- 38th Minute --

A poor clearance from Camargo goes straight to Inter and they have a great chance to double their lead, thankfully the shot is dragged wide. 1-0 it remains.

-- 42nd Minute --

Donegal Celtic's first real attack of the match, Oviedo lays the ball off to Oltavaro who's deep cross finds the onrushing Vesel Cinar who finds the back of the net to equalise against the run of play. 1-1.

-- Half Time --

Donegal Celtic will count themselves a little lucky to be entering at the break on level terms, it's been far from a classic, but Inter are certainly the team that is showing more

image.png.63e80737a1f03f100a3de7b90bda3929.png

-- 52nd Minute --

Inter's Bolado goes on a mazy run down the left, making room for a shot before firing over from 20 yards out.  From the resultant goalkick Donegal Celtic work the ball well from back to front culminating in and opening for Mario Celso, his shot lacked power and was easily gathered by the Inter 'keeper.

-- 57th Minute --

Good work down the left from Donegal Celtic with Gorman eventually crossing into Hinshelwood-North who headed it goalward without any real conviction.

-- 65th Minute --

First foray onto the bench for Alin Chivu as he replaces Gorman with AlarconStill 1-1 in the final with it looking more and more likely that one goal will snatch it

-- 74th Minute --

A corner is whipped in by the substitute Alarcon, unfortunately for Donegal Celtic, Camargo can't keep his header down.

-- 77th Minute --

Borre comes on to replace Naranjo in central midfield

-- 87th Minute -- 

Final throw of the dice for Chivu as Shaqiri takes the field to replace Mario Celso up front

-- 90+3 --

3rd minute of four added on, Donegal Celtic work a good opening down the right hand side, but Veysal Cinars effort is put behind for a corner - time is running out for this to be won in regular time.

-- End of Regular Time --

Nothing to separate these two teams over a nervy 90 minutes as we head to an additional 30, Inter had the better of the first half but the second half saw Donegal Celtic start to be the team asking questions.

image.png.c40d8837cf58c113906129827f116a17.png

-- 95th Minute --

First attack of Extra time goes the way of Inter as a deep cross is met at the back post but is well gathered by Akrour in goal

-- 97th Minute --

An unexpected substitution as Rhys Guppy takes the field to replace Veysal Cinar, Guppy of course still carrying an injury he picked up in training a few weeks prior.

-- 98th Minute --

Shaqiri is brought down in the area, the referee checks with VAR and Donegal Celtic have been awarded a penalty

-- 99th Minute --

Shaqiri steps up himself and sends the keeper the wrong way and Donegal Celtic lead! 2-1

-- HT ET --

A sloppy penalty given away by Inter punished emphatically by Donegal Celtic to give them the upper hand in this match, still on a knifes edge, but very much advantage Donegal Celtic with 15 minutes to play.

image.png.634167dd679ace332da90ed965099dc8.png

-- 107th Minute --

The ball is well worked down the right once more by Donegal Celtic as Munoz eventually hits an inch perfect cross for Hinshelwood-North to head home to double Donegal Celtic's advantage with not long left to play; 3-1.

-- 113th Minute --

Some poor passing from Inter almost allows Donegal Celtic to make it 4, Hinshelwood-North pounces on the loose pass before finding Shaqiri who forces a good save from the keeper. Donegal Celtic are well on top now.

-- Full Time --

The players are dead on their feet, but they don't mind they've done it, they've won the Champions League with a 3-1 victory over Inter, and on the balance of play for the final you can't say they don't deserve it!

image.png.6abdc746e81740e44221832e0d6e1d6f.png

Edited by _JHTB_

51 minutes ago, _JHTB_ said:

As we have the chance to complete the challenge by winning this match I’ve decided to do a play by play update style starting with the starting lineup.

Striker – Mario Celso

We’re fielding almost our full strength side, the notable absentee is Rhys Guppy who picked up an injury and is only fit enough for the bench (even then unlikely to be risked)

--- 20th Minute --

First major chance of the match falls to Inter as Akrour parries behind. The resultant corner is headed over and the tie remains nil-nil

-- 24th Minute --

Looks to be a Donegal Celtic attack but the ball is turned over and Inter counter, ultimately firing the ball into the back of the net 1-0.

-- 38th Minute --

A poor clearance from Camargo goes straight to Inter and they have a great chance to double their lead, thankfully the shot is dragged wide. 1-0 it remains.

-- 42nd Minute --

Donegal Celtic's first real attack of the match, Oviedo lays the ball off to Oltavaro who's deep cross finds the onrushing Vesel Cinar who finds the back of the net to equalise against the run of play. 1-1.

-- Half Time --

Donegal Celtic will count themselves a little lucky to be entering at the break on level terms, it's been far from a classic, but Inter are certainly the team that is showing more

image.png.63e80737a1f03f100a3de7b90bda3929.png

-- 52nd Minute --

Inter's Bolado goes on a mazy run down the left, making room for a shot before firing over from 20 yards out.  From the resultant goalkick Donegal Celtic work the ball well from back to front culminating in and opening for Mario Celso, his shot lacked power and was easily gathered by the Inter 'keeper.

-- 57th Minute --

Good work down the left from Donegal Celtic with Gorman eventually crossing into Hinshelwood-North who headed it goalward without any real conviction.

-- 65th Minute --

First foray onto the bench for Alin Chivu as he replaces Gorman with AlarconStill 1-1 in the final with it looking more and more likely that one goal will snatch it

-- 74th Minute --

A corner is whipped in by the substitute Alarcon, unfortunately for Donegal Celtic, Camargo can't keep his header down.

-- 77th Minute --

Borre comes on to replace Naranjo in central midfield

-- 87th Minute -- 

Final throw of the dice for Chivu as Shaqiri takes the field to replace Mario Celso up front

-- 90+3 --

3rd minute of four added on, Donegal Celtic work a good opening down the right hand side, but Veysal Cinars effort is put behind for a corner - time is running out for this to be won in regular time.

-- End of Regular Time --

Nothing to separate these two teams over a nervy 90 minutes as we head to an additional 30, Inter had the better of the first half but the second half saw Donegal Celtic start to be the team asking questions.

image.png.c40d8837cf58c113906129827f116a17.png

-- 95th Minute --

First attack of Extra time goes the way of Inter as a deep cross is met at the back post but is well gathered by Akrour in goal

-- 97th Minute --

An unexpected substitution as Rhys Guppy takes the field to replace Veysal Cinar, Guppy of course still carrying an injury he picked up in training a few weeks prior.

-- 98th Minute --

Shaqiri is brought down in the area, the referee checks with VAR and Donegal Celtic have been awarded a penalty

-- 99th Minute --

Shaqiri steps up himself and sends the keeper the wrong way and Donegal Celtic lead! 2-1

-- HT ET --

A sloppy penalty given away by Inter punished emphatically by Donegal Celtic to give them the upper hand in this match, still on a knifes edge, but very much advantage Donegal Celtic with 15 minutes to play.

image.png.634167dd679ace332da90ed965099dc8.png

-- 107th Minute --

The ball is well worked down the right once more by Donegal Celtic as Munoz eventually hits an inch perfect cross for Hinshelwood-North to head home to double Donegal Celtic's advantage with not long left to play; 3-1.

it's happening!!!

11 hours ago, aldojags said:

@_JHTB_amazing achievement mate, congrats, well deserved, loved your updates been a real highlight of the thread. Winning the champions league with an irish team man that is insane!

Thanks! The final was probably the most convincing of our Champions League run (even if it did take till extra time). I'm not sure what to do now though, it'd be nice to win the Club World Cup too or at least attempt to, but I don't know if I want to go through another 3 seasons as it is quite dull being so dominant in the league. There is the thought that maybe I can convert the save into a full on building a nation save and try to get the Northern Irish league to the pinnacle of Europe. However, I think I will probably start a new save and maybe I can finally experience the Transfer Deadline day feature that was added to this years game that never worked on this save!

Your turn to finish the challenge now, just the league win required!

Il y a 19 heures, _JHTB_ a dit :

Striker – Mario Celso

image.png.6abdc746e81740e44221832e0d6e1d6f.png

Amazing end to your Champions League final and congratulations for reaching out to the top. It's a great achievement and your updates are always fun to read and follow. Glad to see Rhys Guppy play a role in the Final, I feel that it is something that he deserved and it was a great call for you to bring him in. 

spacer.png

Challenge Complete!

Donegal Celtic

Season 20 – Danske Bank Premier League – 1st

TransfersBest XISquadKey PlayerHot Prospect - Overall Best XI

Overview

Transfer Window:

Incomings: I had began to notice in the last few seasons it getting harder and harder for me to meet the squad registration rules for the league so made a concerted effort to bring in younger players again this summer and in fact all 6 signings that were made were only 18 but most being signings for the future more so as we had some good loanees returning to the club who had earnt their chance to shine.

After long term loanee McCall left last season we had to replace him and Naranjo was the man to do that, obviously currently worse than McCall, but not by a large stretch and he looks to have a great future. Campodonico also came through the door to be on the fringes of the first team this season centre back being an area we were relatively strong already but always handy to have a good backup and Campodonico certainly fit the bill. Knezevic was another young centre back that came in and one of the 3 players we had in the NxGn award, he spent his season on loan in the Championship but looks like he could be a useful player in the future.

Outgoings: Despite us winning the Europa league last season Segovia threw his teddies out the pram when I turned down a bid from the winners of the Championship Norwich. I didn’t want him to go as he would be getting more game time this season but he was adamant he was to leave, I turned down a lot of bids but £50m was more than I could really turn down and so he left. Jorquera was the only other main outgoing a player who was providing depth at centre back and right back until January when he wanted out nothing mouthwatering in £8m but not a bad price for someone who is condemned to being a backup player for us.

Europe: We of course won the Europa League last season so were 1st pot seeded for the group stage draw where we got a pretty straightforward group in AC Milan, Sporting CP,  and Dinamo Zagreb – Milan the obvious main competition. We had no real troubles progressing, eventually topping the group following drawing home and away against Milan whilst winning the rest (we should have comfortably beaten Milan in the home game but for poor finishing).

A nice kind draw as a reward for topping our group… Real Madrid. The first leg was in Madrid and well a 90th minute equaliser for us you could argue was significantly against the run of play as our only shot of the entire match but we take it. I figured we’d be in for another tough game in the second leg, but despite the 2-1 scorline, we were well in control of that game. Bayern Munich next up. Both ties against Bayern had a similar theme really, the home side creating the most chances but not putting any chances away. We were much better than them in the first leg but drew 0-0 and they were much better in the second leg but we came through 2-1. Over the two legs I guess it was probably a dead heat so either side might have won it, but in the end we were the ones who got the 2 goals.

Manchester City were our opponents for the Semi-Final, we pushed them a lot a couple seasons ago so I knew we could at least compete with them in the home leg. It was honestly a very even game with us managing again to scrape a 2-1 win – same number of shots on target and near identical xG it was really on the quality of the finishing which we excelled at on the night. I was expecting to be the worse team in the second leg but in honesty we made it a nervy affair with both sides limited to few chances. In the 87th minute it was 1-1 on the night and we were set to go through before they scored and it looked like it would go to extra time. I think they would have won it in extra time so when we scored a 90+5 minute winner with what must have been the last kick of the game we were in dreamland.

The final is perhaps best described by the play by play here. But essentially, we started the game awfully not showing anything but scraping into the break 1-1. Before we were the only team attacking for the rest of the match (the second 45 was still overall very nervy). In extra time we eventually got a penalty which was converted before we added a 3rd to complete a memorable night in Vienna.

We also ended up with 6 players in the dream team including our entire back line. But Guppy missed out despite winning Champions League midfielder of the season.

League: We looked set to record another season of winning all our league matches before we inexplicably lost 3 games from the end. This season did see us set a new consecutive clean sheets record with 23 games in a row where we didn’t concede, even in spite our obvious quality advantage over the rest of the league that is still very impressive.

Cup: League Cup, Antrim Shield, Irish Cup were all retained and we managed to win back the All Ireland Champions LeagueWe also lost the Super Cup to Dortmund, but it wasn't high on my wishlist.

Next Season/General

If I do continue the save the aim is to add a bit more depth to fullback areas as this has constantly been the area where we are the weakest. I’m generally very happy with the squad everywhere else however, with the improved reputation we now have from the Champions League win I’m sure we could attract some much better players to the Alin Chivu stadium.

We got a few foreign affiliates at last this season spanning France, Italy and Netherlands. Incidentally I was offered Jena as an affiliate but I opted for N.E.C Breda instead. I would hope that the board would build a new stadium but they haven’t budged much in recent years so we’re stuck with a tiny 3,800 stadium - must be the team with the smallest stadium ever to win the Champions League (though of course we used 18k capacity Windsor park for the Champions League).

Players of note

Rhys GuppyWhat a player, consistently is good for well over 50 goal contributions per season this year no different. Homegrown, club captain yet somehow absentee from the list of club legends, but he’s the player of the save with absolutely zero doubt.  

Chris GormanPart way through last season I changed the role of the left attacking midfielder from inverted winger to trequartista and Gorman has thrived his best ever season for us with 17 goals and 23 assists in the league in just 28 appearances. Trequartista was my favourite role in the brief time I used it and Gorman is testament as to why.

Sebastian Shaqiri Shaqiri followed up his record breaking 70 goals across the season with 56 more this season, he would likely have equalled last season but playing time was shared a lot more this time out so he probably had a better goals per 90 than last season – just a very consistent goalscorer, one thing we were lacking since our early years of winning the title.

Youth Watch

Barry O’ConnorO’Connor dropped down the pecking order this season, he’s still a very good defender for the level, just lacking at continental level. I’ve managed to get his agreed playing time down to ‘fringe’ and is a player who would be able to provide useful depth going forward.

Matt HarbinsonAgain another season of performing as an admirable deputy in the defensive midfield spot, he’s probably a player that going forward would be looked to be replaced as a general strengthening of the team but he’s never let us down.

Chris KellyIncluded in the NxGn this season he’d never played a game for us but made his debut later in the year. He looks to be a capable playmaker but would be 4th or 5th in the pecking order so would benefit from a loan move to get regular football.

Overview

image.thumb.png.6016efae3e3d281ac75f4bea9be5397b.png

Top 10s

Over all competitions and seasons these are the top 10 players for some key stats. Rhys Guppy dominating goals, assists, appearances and average rating with 703 appearances and 836 goal contributions, well on track for over 1000 on each. Akrour took over the most clean sheets from this season.

image.png.d50a472dbe3319e7ec6a500af3df460b.png

I'm ending this save for now, maybe I'll revisit it in the future and try and make Donegal Celtic the dominant team in Europe, but time for Rhys Guppy to try his hand at management somewhere. I'll still be following on with interest on everyone's saves so hopefully there will be a few more completions to come.

Il y a 4 heures, _JHTB_ a dit :

Rhys GuppyWhat a player, consistently is good for well over 50 goal contributions per season this year no different. Homegrown, club captain yet somehow absentee from the list of club legends, but he’s the player of the save with absolutely zero doubt.  

Rhys Guppy for president. Definitely the player of the save, most likely across all regular saves that we've been seeing here, to be honest. It's a bit insane to think that he had 9 straight seasons with an average rating of over 7.8...!

Edited by jmarchand

aldojags

Another 

Season Review 2034/35 - Challenge Complete

Table | Fixtures 1 & 2 | Finances | Club Vision | Manager Profile | Transfers

Our first ever Bundesliga one year on from winning the Champions League to complete the challenge, we had an incredible run in the league, and despite our best efforts last few weeks of the season with dodgy form, we did enough to win the league by 3 points, but we were 5-9 points clear most of the season. Scored goals for fun at times and kept a lot of clean sheets.

Europe was a disappointment, feeble attempt at retaining our trophy as we went out to Inter Milan 2-1 on aggregate in first knockout rd, but I was so focused on the league this year I didn't care too much!

Team

Played a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond every game, highest possible pressing and defensive line, ultra aggressive, when it was pays off it, pays off, when it goes wrong, it's horrible to watch! Main stories of the team from this season - the emergence of Benandino Aires at right back, I signed him as a backup CB with utility man qualities who could fill in at either full back. But our starting RB suffered season ending knee injury fairly early in season, Aires stepped up and was my POTY. We spent a fortune on Ronnie Jesperson who as a ball playing defender brings the ball out really well, the match engine makes BPD's look really good I must say! Also spent a fortune on Jaunjo Pastor at DM, who was ok, wee bit disappointed he didn't run the show more than he did. But those two signings were just weak spots for us and I was going all out to build squad to compete with Bayern.  And for the last time, I got fed up trying to get a good performance from Abdul Besmar, who despite his incredible attributes, has done next to nothing in a Jena shirt, so I have just sold him to PSG for £80m. But I am stacked in midfield, he won't be missed! Also spent s lot on Genone up front, who was rubbish, if could mke my money back I'd sell him.

AF: Jaun Camillo Montana DLF Thiago Augusto

AM Paulo Alexandre/Svestoslav Filipov

Mez Alfredo CM (A) Jerome Delauney/Andres Pabon

DM Jaunjo Pastor

WBL Jaime Tenorio BPD Ronnie Jesperson / Mamadou Diallo CD Santiago Aguilera (c) WBR Bernandino Aires

GK Seydou Kouadio-Tiesse

Youth Watch

Intake

Another poor intake, if I continue with save my HOYD will be sacked for this this has been 3 years of dross. Best player - Osterland - crap!

Of current players around the team who came through academy - the best one (I need to include him more) is Jurgen Egger.

Next Season

I don't know if there'll be a next season. I have enjoyed and hated this save in equal measure at times! The thing that makes me want to continue - before I knew I was going to complete, I went mad with recruitment for next season, with some insane looking youngsters coming in, which makes me want to play few more seasons see if I can win another Bundesliga and Champions League. But I always wanted to try the youth academy challenge so may bail on this one at the top! See how I feel over next few days! Here are some of the players coming in....And I am selling a few fringe players and prob gna have £100m+ from that so I kinda want to just go mad and win everything!

Estinasloa - from Barcelona for £16m

Cody Bah - 17 yr old forward from Nice, 60m rising to 80!

Klaus Eifel - silly money to Leipzig for this left back but he just suits me running up and down the flank all day.

Markus Benschneider - £20m from Eintracht Frankfurt for this kid, think he looks special talent.

Season

Div

Pos

Cup

Ave Att

Europe

WC/Euros

ECC

EC

EC2

Ballon D’Or

Highest world transfer

2022/23

3. Liga

1st

N/A

N/A

WC - France 

Liverpool

Inter 

Atalanta

Mo Salah L'pool 

Youri Tielemans PSG (£82m)

2023/24

Bundesliga 2

8th

1st rd

N/A

Euros - England 

PSG

Milan 

Sevilla 

Mo Salah L'pool 

Lautaro Martinez PSG (£102m) 

2024/25

Bundesliga 2

2nd

2nd rd

N/A

Liverpool

Inter

Lille

Mo Salah L’pool

Joao Felix PSG (£124m)

2025/26

Bundesliga

12th 

2nd rd

N/A 

WC Brazil

Liverpool

Arsenal

Dortmund 

Erling Haaland Man City 

Jeremy Doku AC Milan (87m)

2026/27

Bundesliga

9th

2nd rd

17,639 (new stadium)

N/A

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Milan

Kyllian Mbappe Real Madrid

Yusuf Demir Chelsea (£103m) 

2027/28

Bundesliga

15th

2nd rd

N/A

Euro-Spain

Liverpool

Borussia Mgladbach

Arsenal

Mo Salah

Liverpool

Ilaix Moriba

Chelsea (83m)

2028/29

Bundesliga

8th

3rd rd

N/A

Liverpool

Man Utd

Real Sociedad

Kyllian Mbappe

Real Madrid

Jadon Sancho Real Madrid (£128m)

2029/30

Bundesliga

4th

2nd rd

N/A

WC - Italy

PSG

Hoffenheim

Bayer Leverkusen

Jude Bellingham (Lpool)

Aboudramane Savane Lpool (£96m)

2030/31

Bundesliga

5th

2nd rd

CL Group stage, Europa League semi’s

AC Milan

Bayer Leverkusen

Borussia M’Gladbach

Erling Haaland (PSG)

Melih Kacar £155m (R Madrid)

2031/32

Bundesliga

7th

2nd rd

Europa League 2nd Knockout Rd

Euro-Spain

Bayern Munich

Eintracht Frankfurt

Club Brugge

Kyllian Mbappe Real Madrid

Kursat Odabas £106m Real Madrid

2032/33

Bundesliga

4th

2nd rd

Won Europa Conference League

Real Madrid

Man Utd

Jena (me!)

Erling Haaland (PSG)

Dane Scarlett £87m Bayern Munich

2033/34

Bundesliga

5th

2nd rd

Won Champions League

WC – Croatia

Jena (me!)

Dortmund

Tottenham

Kylian Mbappe (Real Madrid)

Leonel Miranda £142m Real Madrid

2034\35

Bundesliga

1st

SF

1st knockout rd CL

Man City

Man Utd

RB Leipzig

Kursat Odabas (Bayern)

Chuan Li £176m Real Madrid

9 hours ago, Britrock said:

All it took was the best part of £11m, tripling my wage budget and an entirely new playing squad but we won Ligue 2 to finally make it to Ligue 1 after 11 seasons. Now all we need to do is topple PSG :lol:

image.png.1e262c470ed8b6d0173382706d725925.png

Looking forward to seeing that Ligue 1 budget!

whats club vision this year, happy for just survival or they wanting more if giving beefy budget?

1 hour ago, aldojags said:

Looking forward to seeing that Ligue 1 budget!

whats club vision this year, happy for just survival or they wanting more if giving beefy budget?

Still got a couple of games to go before the season is over, at the moment the minimum budget is about £10m but I'm expecting/hoping for that to be much larger once it's officially announced 

Il y a 17 heures, Britrock a dit :

All it took was the best part of £11m, tripling my wage budget and an entirely new playing squad but we won Ligue 2 to finally make it to Ligue 1 after 11 seasons. Now all we need to do is topple PSG :lol:

image.png.1e262c470ed8b6d0173382706d725925.png

Making the best of all that money. Looking forward to see your progress in Ligue 1! 

https://scorenco.com/media/club_pictures/2021/06/23/hyeres-fc-f3c191139f9440d7883af4a72423e65d=s200x200

Hyeres 83 FC - 2032/33 season review

After the tycoon takeover I set about completely rebuilding the squad over the summer and brought in 9 new starters. Everyone but the two starting DCs were replaced and we rolled into the season looking to play our 41212 system. Defensively we were superb, barely conceding any goals, but we just couldn't score - at one point our actual goals was 4 or 5 behind our xG total. This was leading to a lot of draws or lucky 1-0 wins, so I set about trying to find a solution. My first change was pushing the DM up into midfield to play a 4312, which worked for a few games but still wasn't producing many goals. Eventually I went back to my 352 that won the National a few years before in such dominant fashion. It seems to have the right mix of defensive stability and offensive output as in the last 16 games that we played it we won 14, drew 1 and lost 1. This obviously lead us to the Ligue 2 title and promotion to Ligue 1. Finally!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3e5923b65210cc75f2d757cffb304359.png

image.thumb.png.96b4c2ed725f2e72e435faf168814518.png

All it took was almost £11m in new signings to get me an entirely new squad! Oscar Castellano was a stud in goal, setting a Ligue 2 record for the most clean sheets in a season and leading our league best defence, conceding a paltry 22 goals in 38 games. Both of our wing backs created tonnes of chances, with Jelert getting the second most MotM awards in the league. Olafsson wasn't quite as good but was still a very solid pickup at left back. Lennart Rogild was the reason we started the season so well, banging in a lot of goals early in the season when we were struggling to score. He couldn't quite keep that pace up through the season but still led the team with 15 assists. Abdulaziz Mubarak was signed in January as a backup AMC but ended up playing up front and was absolutely lethal. At 6'4'' with 18 jumping he was unstoppable in the air and scored so many headers. Finally Sven Caculovic was the long term replacement for Ibrahima Sow up front. He didn't light the league on fire as I hoped but was still top scorer with 16 goals (he was signed before the league year ticked over so he isn't on the history page)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e81b34dd02a1f27f6ded0fb8664f52fa.png

image.thumb.png.4e37a954501eb2ba97e738913b37e10a.png

image.thumb.png.d548eee04d2f8a0eb7b6d89018fe087c.png

image.thumb.png.b1132d9f0d3c1aedc7761f18dacb0575.png

image.thumb.png.dcff0bc8433e06d086974623ea4ae42e.png

image.thumb.png.d8550c1e69e0668e1fe54ab5c3088794.png

image.thumb.png.ac6c2ea95e35639057eb736fc349bd63.png

Financially we took a huge loss of £38m, but we've still got a potential transfer budget of £9.5m at the moment. Training facilities are on their 3rd upgrade in a year, while the youth facilities got two upgrades. Annoyingly we've got to play in someone else's stadium next year as the limit is 15000 in Ligue 1 and our stadium is only 8000. The board won't expand it as we're only getting ~3500 fans a game so it's a season of travel for us until more people show up.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7b4c8427f01505cd94b5f9a033d894be.png

image.png.73f4c65395430354b9677f83e4e8e129.png

image.thumb.png.7217130e2f54e9d8c21e95e4507699d4.png

17 minutes ago, aldojags said:

fantastic @Britrocksome great signings there and ridiculous end of the season with that run you were on!

Can't wait to see how u get on with a tycoon behind u, im jealous!

Cheers. A lot of them were unhappy players on the transfer list for one reason or another, so it really helped to keep the fees down. Almost no one disappointed as well, which is unheard of!

This is something I've never seen before in FM - I asked for a new affiliate club and the board let me choose my own one from a huge list! I ended up going with CSKA Sofia from Bulgaria as they seemed to have the best facilities from the teams I was given. Super cool feature for those of us who get far enough with our teams!

image.png.8f38664c85f75e995258f7506e8f1e81.png

Il y a 14 heures, Britrock a dit :

This is something I've never seen before in FM - I asked for a new affiliate club and the board let me choose my own one from a huge list! I ended up going with CSKA Sofia from Bulgaria as they seemed to have the best facilities from the teams I was given. Super cool feature for those of us who get far enough with our teams!

image.png.8f38664c85f75e995258f7506e8f1e81.png

Great! I had reached that point last year in my Dubrovnik save, but at that point, these affiliate clubs were really not at the level I needed and were not useful for us. I ended up picking @aldojags's club in Bulgaria mostly for the laughs and sent a few youngsters there, but that was mostly it. Hoping it helps you more than it did for GOSK Dubrovnik! 

6 hours ago, jmarchand said:

Great! I had reached that point last year in my Dubrovnik save, but at that point, these affiliate clubs were really not at the level I needed and were not useful for us. I ended up picking @aldojags's club in Bulgaria mostly for the laughs and sent a few youngsters there, but that was mostly it. Hoping it helps you more than it did for GOSK Dubrovnik! 

haha thats right I remember that! Didn't send us Daniel Matas though or that other striker! who was the other boy u had before Matas who was great? 

Il y a 2 heures, aldojags a dit :

haha thats right I remember that! Didn't send us Daniel Matas though or that other striker! who was the other boy u had before Matas who was great? 

Nope. All you got was crappy youth players…! ;-)

So, you're telling me there's a chance...? 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.c64073f5faa17f310b7244ff41122e12.png

Also, in somewhat unrelated news, our pipelines of youngsters is looking good. 4 of the top 5 in this year's NxGn list are either playing at Fethiyespor or were products of our academy. 

image.png.2dfeda426b65b08a127520cb14f53dd9.png

KSC Lokeren-Temse

KSC Lokeren-Temse - End of season 2023

Squad |  Belgian First National Division | League Table | Promotion Playoff | Belgian Cup | Transfers | Finances | Best XI

We were betting favorites to win the league, so our performances were expected despite the board only requiring a top half finish. We led the league in XG, Chances Created, Goals For, and Shots/Shots on Target. We also led the league in Goals Allowed and were 3rd in XG Allowed, so a dominant performance on both sides of the ball. We had the second highest average attendance and payroll, nearly double the 3rd highest payroll in the league. Our club was founded in 2020 as a merger between a second division club that went bankrupt and an amateur side playing in the fourth tier.

The key transfer in was Tobi Omole, who had been released by Tottenham. We aren't allowed to scout the UK, but he was recomended by star English scout Bobby Bennett whom we also hired in the offseason. Omole averaged a 7.71 rating as a CD (D), first time I've seen the highest rating in the league go to a player in that position. Technically, striker Gil Van Moerzeke finished with a higher rating, but tore his ACL halfway into the season when he had 13 goals in 17 games. The scoring was picked up by another striker already at the club, Leopold Njengo. A player to watch was free transfer Maxim De Meulenaere, who was released by Club Brugge. He has a fair amount of potential and improved a lot in training over the course of the season.

The board expectation next year is to fight bravely against relegation, but I think our squad is capable as is of safely avoiding the drop.

EDIT: Here are the manager and club history pages.

Edited by The_Gato_In_Goal

Il y a 2 heures, _JHTB_ a dit :

And that's with a late equaliser for PSG too, I have faith you can beat them at home!

And we did! on a pretty good match where we played our game and never looked back. Lucked out that Haaland was injured for 3-6 weeks at the time of our two matches against PSG. 

image.png.0d4e05d39d7397bef17665e8d70be83c.png

Next up is Liverpool! 

To be the best, you gotta beat the best! 

yes @jmarchandc'mon my son!!!

Meanwhile, after my completion, I thought I was done with Jena, wanted to try the youth academy challenge, loaded up saves in Croatia, Denmark, England, looked through all the available teams, nothing grabbing me, and after a night or 2, I was missing my boys at Jena!

So I've went back, for another season at least, to see if I can win the CL again, just feels a bit odd completing with CL first then Bundesliga, leaves a sour taste in the mouth that we relinquished our European title so easily!

Have went back and it's end of Jan we are a point clear in Bundesliga, Bayern are pushing us all the way, like Man City Liverpool stuff, both teams ridiculously consistent, cannot afford to make mistakes!

And I've somehow turned into a complete behemoth of German football - I just signed Dortmunds starting keeper (a home grown, 19 year old Croatian wonderkid) for £35m and he agreed to be my backup, I just took him because I could! I've spent £300m in transfers this season, and brought in £307m! Minute I see a scout report for a 18 year old I like i just sign him even if its £10m, just sign him and chuck him in under 19s, prob not good business sense but I do like hoarding young talent and essentially people trafficking any young good footballer.

Played another season after my completion, lost out by 1 point to Bayern Munich, after an insanely good season, played 34, won 27, drew 6, lost 1. 1 loss, and I still dont win the title!

Champions league, lost in quarters to AC Milan - after beating them twice in group stage, beating them 2-0 at home, winning 2-0 at half time in San Siro (so 4-0 on aggregate, they scored 4 2nd half goals to put it to ET, we got a man sent off, they beat us 6-2 on the night, 6-4 on agg!)

I was thinking about quitting and either starting a new save, either journeyman or youth academy, or quitting Jena and going to another big club, but I cant leave on this note, I want to win the league again. Oh, and I've also done this...!

image.thumb.png.2290ea12e07e848c75fce887ba2e9c25.png

image.png.9e668f6c651c0e8c703fd971f44e51dd.png

Season 12 | 2033-2034 | On a Champions League run

We were on a good run last year, getting out of the group stage of the Champions League before being defeated by Arsenal, which went out to lose in the Final, so I was rather hopeful about getting a good result in that scope. 

Transfers

So, we were thinking that two years ago we were raided in the transfer market, but it was nothing compared to what happened this year. Here are the the notables ones. 

• Harun Açil (YP30)OUT - Liverpool - 26.5M€ - Our own wonderkid expressed ambition to move in to a larger club and I couldn't hold on to him due to his release clause. I'm sad to see him go, but I wish him well for the future. He played mostly as a sub, making 3(23) appearances and getting 2 assists for Liverpool. Damaged his achilles at the end of the season, but I'll keep an eye on him for the future. 
  • Jair Grisales - OUT - Watford - 22.5M€ - After a couple of good years of services, Grisales has fallen a bit out of the first team, but he seemed to be unaware of it and his wage demands were not in line with what I wanted to give to him. When Watford came in, he was off. He was on the verge of getting his Turkish nationality, but even that couldn't save him. He actually went to score 14 goals in 38 appearances for Watford, tied for 8th in the league, which is quite surprising to me...! 
  • Gürcan Özdemir (YP30) - OUT - Borussia Dortmund - 22M€ - Another youth product who was our starting left back last year with great success, but I really hoped to keep around, but Dortmund came around and he started to kick a fuss. I had Ali Ashgar Molaei in line with pretty good potential and ability, but... 
  • Ali Asghar Molaei - OUT - Lazio - 15.5M€ - Lazio came in for my (now starting) left back in January, and he _also_ kicked a fuss about that... At this point, I was pretty confident that we could retrain Cornel Oprea to go on the left side as we had pretty good depth on the right side already (see the In section a bit below...)
  • Ali Kavas - OUT - Man City - 37.5M€ - He had a 25M€ release clause and couldn't renegotiate it because of some interest by Liverpool and Manchester United. It was one of these contracts which was negotiated a while ago while our reputation was lower. Fortunately, Man City came in with a negotiable offer after Manchester United met that release clause. Knowing he was going out anyway, I tried to see how much money I could get, turns out I got 12M€ more than the release clause...! 
  • Jacobo - OUT - Liverpool - 44.5M€ - Signed for a record 26.5M€ two years ago from Atletico Madrid, he came in and did great on right wing and was a constant threat in front of goal. Record signing in, record signing out. I don't remember now whether this was a release clause, but I think it was... Played less regularly than Harun for Liverpool, but that was mostly for an injury problem. 7 goals and 3 assists in 12(8) apps for Liverpool is a decent performance and he was named in the Seasonal best 11, in the sub section AND in the Fethiyespor seasonal best 11. :)

Which you think leaves us pretty depleted, but I had been grooming some youngsters already and made a couple of good signings...! 

• Benjamin Medrano - IN - 3M€ - More on him below, but he came in quite impressively with 30 goals in 31(12) apps. Signed as a fringe player, but settled in a first team rotation, pretty good deal! 
  • Harun Reis - IN - 5.75M€ - You know your club stepped up in reputation when you get to sign rotation options for close to 6M€. With Ali Kavas going out, he got more than his share of playing time and performed quite well. 
  • Aydin Taskin - IN - 25M€ - Looking for Turkish players, I stumbled upon this guy at Besiktas and determined that he was too good to let him in the hands of a rival. 
  • Michal Toth - IN - 6M€ - Our future left midfielder, which already played as a rotation option this year and came in strong with 1 goal and 8 assists in 11(10) games. 

image.thumb.png.3b4d1e001ab30aebeb53a99c42b0db46.png

League

A good showing in the league, where we were expected by the media to come out on top and we did not disappoint. Only 4 losses (including 2 against Fenerbahçe, grrrrr) and a highest-ever point total, there isn't much to complain about. It was also our biggest margin in the league yet, it was looking quite comfortable, especially in the second part of the season. With 2 titles in 3 years, we're getting there...! 

image.thumb.png.7a553f2670b147c550469e3f7478f643.png

Champions League

By virtue of finishing only second in the league last year, we had to go through qualifying rounds, which was almost a formality against FC Midtjylland (5-3 on aggregate) and a good 7-2 victory against Feyenoord. 

In the groups, we were drawn with AC Milan, Atletico Madrid and the german-team-with-the-longest-name-ever, Borussia Möncengladbach. We cruised the group, with 4 wins and 2 draws, despite being seeded 3rd, a very convincing showing, especially a 3-1 win at Milan and a 3-0 win at home against Atletico Madrid. 

image.png.8f5b9ba9fb0c29d6c2cac092b2bb1e09.png

We then got drawn against Atletico Bilbao, who were then at the top of La Liga at the time. This got me slightly worried, but the team delivered well. We lost 2-1 in Madrid, but held on with a solid 2-0 victory in extra time, with Medrano scoring at the 120th minute to save us from going to a penalty shoot out. 

We then got drawn against PSG, which, as you've seen a few posts above, they salvaged a 1-1 draw in Paris and we comfortably beat them 3-1 on the return leg in Fethiye. 

In the Semi Final, we were drawn against Liverpool and they proved too much to handle. We ended up with two identical 3-1 defeats. The match at home was more even, but we couldn't hold them in Anfield... 

image.thumb.png.96ad1d74523e9a64b3e6a75bf224f379.png

Still, very proud of that run. 

Turkish Cup(s)

Never in danger, was able to also rotate the team pretty much for cup matches and we went on all the way and beat Galatasaray and Besitkas in the two final legs

image.thumb.png.52954207708e942d2d4537a8438463a2.png

Bonus points, we also were able to also win the Turkish Super Cup against Besiktas, 2-0 in overtime, so that make it a season with 3 trophies and an European Semi Final, pretty close to the best we can ask for. 

Team and Individual performances

Interestingly, Jacobo and Ali Asghar Molaei show up in our Best XI even though they haven't played a whole season.

image.png.b4bcd2779410b4ef182ab82c8af4ef04.png

Luis Antônio - ST - 31(12) apps, 37 goals, 22 assists, 8.15 avg rating

He's won Footballer of the Year in Turkey, broke the club record for the number of goals in a season AND the club record for the number of assists. The giant Brazilian is fitting the Complete Forward role like a glove in our tactic: he's dribbling, passing, finishing, heading, he can do it all, with great success. I rejected bids from Liverpool for him and he complained to his teammates about it, which were on my side. A few months later, he eventually came to his senses and decided to stay with us (for now) and with that CL Semi-Final, we're getting an increase in wage budget, so i should be able to offer him an attractive contract to keep him around. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.103a96b3368dbac56dae61dfb1143f2b.png

Benjamin Medrano - ST - 31(12) apps, 30 goals, 8 assists, 7.44 avg. rating

Signed from Colo Colo for his pace and good attacking abilities, he went on to get a very good season and carved himself a place in the first team as the attacking forward and formed a great pair with Luis Antônio. And he won the NxGn award too as we've seen earlier. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.8b4855e9647b851832dd97f3e4c0a003.png

Aydin Taskin - DR - 35(4) apps, 1 goal, 7 assists, 7.10 avg. rating

Signed for 25m€ from Besiktas, he slotted in right away in the first team and has been doing great, both defensively as as a creative option from the right back. At only 19-20 years old, he's got loads of potential and can also transition to a defensive midfield option if needed. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.d82a4ca1833a81deb672ea47e4f1d531.png

Youth Watch

We've had a pretty good intake, with the particular highlight of Fevzi Lokamaoglu. I have actually gave him a couple of first team appearances and he rewarded me with a goal in his second appearance, breaking the league record for youngest goalscorer, at the tender age of 15 and 143 days, after lighting up the youth team with 9 goals in 9 appearances. 

image.png.9f7f3c3963a06c83bb6aa5215a34d14a.png

Yup, he doesn't look much like a 15 year old with the facial hair, but he's got the attributes of someone with facial hair, so I guess it cancels out. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.f5476bdf2a3175dbaf294780f06442cd.png

Ibrahim Önal, from last year's intake, is also making a good run in the 2.League at 16 years old and we might want to have him close to the first team next year, probably as a Turkish rotation option. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.b5367d20996be49b3b94498ddc66c9d0.png

Other News

• European winners
    • Champions League: Liverpool
    • EURO Cup: Arsenal
    • EURO Cup II: Olympique Marseille
  • With 191M€ in the bank, we're long past financial worries. 
  • We're moving to a new stadium with 17000 seats, an upgrade of 5000 over our old stadium with a bit of chance, it might also have better expansion options in the future. It is disappointingly called Fethiyespor Stadium. 
  • I've won Manager of the season, for the second time in the SuperLeague.
  • The Turkish is now ranked 4th in the world, which gets us 4 automatic Champions League Group spots starting in 2035/2036! We're ahead of Germany and Italy!  
  • We continue our rise in the European rankings, we're at 14th spot now! 

Summary table

Year Season League Position Points Goal Diff Cup Europe Europe Ranking Avg. Attendance Top Scorer Top Assist Training Youth Junior Youth Rec
1 2022/2023 2L 11 51 -4 3rd Round NA NA - 4013 Serhat Mutlu (10) Sezer Yildim (9) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
2 2023/2024 2L 1 75 32 4th Round NA NA - 4257 Onur Demir (12) Yunus Kefeli (10) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
3 2024/2025 1L 7 57 17 5th Round NA NA - 5765 Damion Probodziak (17) Yunus Kefeli (10) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
4 2025/2026 1L 2 69 39 5th Round NA NA - 5973 Eren Aydin (19) Mohammed Sabah (9) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
5 2026/2027 SL 13 36 -5 6th Round NA NA - 7642 Zain Al-Din Salman (16) Yunus Kefeli (7) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Basic
6 2027/2028 SL 7 53 -4 Qtr Final NA NA - 7533 Zain Al-Din Salman (20) Antoine Semenyo, Yunus Kefeli (9) Adequate Basic Adequate Fairly Basic
7 2028/2029 SL 5 63 16 6th Round NA NA -- 8148 Zain Al-Din Salman (14) Ismail Olgun (8) Average Below Average Good Average
8 2029/2030 SL 4 66 18 Semi-Final EC2 2nd KO Round 158 9633 Jeredy Hilterman (22) Burak Ince (15) Great Adequate Exceptional Excellent
9 2030/2031 SL 5 64 30 Qtr Final EC2 WINNERS! 51 10523 Jair Grisales (29) Burak Ince (13), Mimeirhel Benita (13) Excellent Average Exceptional Exceptional
10 2031/2032 SL 1 78 53 Semi-Final EC 2nd KO Round 40 11240 Ismail Olgun (22) Harun Açil YP30 (11) State of the Art Good Exceptional Exceptional
11 2032/2033 SL 2 81 64 WINNERS CL 1st KO Round 24 12010 Ismail Olgun (24) Luis Antonio (17) State of the Art Great Exceptional Exceptional
12 2033/2034 SL 1 84 68 WINNERS CL Semi Final 14 12227 Luis Antonio (37) Luis Antonio (22) State of the Art Great Exceptional Exceptional

So close.

After struggling for the first half of the season, our late season surge saw us claw back.

In the end it wasn't enough. We got relegated with a three point deficit. Managing only one win in the first 16 games made it an uphill battle all along.

Rolf Toft had a monster season though. 26 of our total 42 league goals :eek:

92FRQlV.jpg

At the end of my second season with C.D. Pamplona I was in trouble with the board for failing to get a top half finish in the league.

They set me the task of getting 9 points from the next 5 games, the first 5 games of season 3.

I have now, at last, played those games and I won the first three games of the season to pass the mark.

Now I hope they will give me a contract so I am not on a month to month contract.

Alright... I'm gonna try this one more time. I'm heading for Ukraine. I've enjoyed playing in the country before and like challenge with the foreign rules.

Oleksander Shevchuk are the new manager og Karpaty Lviv.

Karpaty Lviv actually have a trophy in their cabinet. They won the USSR cup in 69. While playing in the second tier.

Actually this Karpaty Lviv is a different club than the old one. But with all the bankruptcies around the world. I'll take the history!

We go again.

Club Introduction

VV IJsselmeervogels

IJsselmeervogels - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

JMLPipl.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation               Qualifications    Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal       (0.25*)    None                1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic             Fairly Basic          Fairly Basic     Basic              Regional   (1.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position                              Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position                              Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

KSC Lokeren-Temse

KSC Lokeren-Temse - End of season 2024

Squad |  Belgian Pro League B | League Table | Promotion Playoff | Belgian Cup | Transfers | Finances | Best XI

Very much overperformed this year, managing to get into the playoffs then secure promotion. Mouscron were dominant the entire season, but we were able to play our way into the promotion playoff spot by beating them 1-0 on the final day of the season. We did lead the league in Goals, xG, Shots, Shots on Target, and Chances Created, so it wasn't as if our final position was undeserved. Our defense was the third worse in terms of Goals Allowed and xGA, but were best in the league at winning possession, and Interceptions, and second best at Clearances and Tackles Won %.

Tobi Omole continued to be a massive part of our defense, and we switched to a 3 at the back system to accomodate star transfer in Lars Dendoncker, who joined on a free from Brighton. We also signed Teo Denis on a free at the start of the year and he improved rapidly with game time. Compare his original stats when he joined, with a year's progression. We continued the English pipeline by picking up Welsh striker Jack Vale on a free from Blackburn and scout Bobby Bennett even rejected an offer from Oostende to remain with us.

We made a bit of profit by signing Thanawat Suengchitthawon on a free then selling him off to Thailand in January.

The board expectation next year is to fight bravely against relegation, and with the finances remaining poor, I'm not sure how we will be able to strengthen the squad enough to really challenge. The hope is to narrowly avoid relelgation and build from there.