FM22 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Does anyone have experience taking one of these super small teams to the top?  Does attendance eventually come?  I'm only getting about 600 per game, the place can hold 3000, and I'm currently leading the Scottish 2nd tier.

I googled the club and they are in the very north of Scotland and they've turned down promotion in the past due to the travel for fans and players, I wonder if it is written into the game this club won't get very good attendance.

Although I expect if we do hit the premier league of Scotland, that people will come. 

image.png.60a13a8779772147f7c0641a836bdb06.png

Edited by Tyer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been sacked as SPVGG Unterhaching manager after failing to deliver on the demands of the board.

I was sitting just inside the relegation zone with plenty of the season left to run when I was pulled up before the board and given an ultimatium of scoring 7 points from 5 games. This did not seem too bad until the opponents are evaluated. I was playing the 5th, 1st, 9th, 3rd and 20th placed teams in those 5 matches.

I started off with draw against the 5th ranked team. So 6 points from 4 matches.

A loss against the top side followed in what was quite an even affair but they took one of their chances and we took none of ours

The we had the better of the general play against the 9th placed team but they received and scored a penalty and we wasted our chances so another loss

2 games to go and it was must win,

Against the third placed team we were the better side and won 1-0 to keep my job hopes very much alive

Only needing to beat the bottom team who we beat comfortably the first time we played them it looked like my job was going to be safe

However we could not beat the bottom team, they took an early lead, we eventually equallised and started to look for a winner. However they scored again and it was all over. 

I was sacked immediately after the game.

Ah no way @Mahzun_Savassorry to hear that.

the mandatory points total thing is frustrating! In fm21 i had a brilliant Blackburn Rovers team in the championship- however finished a season poorly, and met with me at end of season wanting 13 points from 15 next 5 games (which worked out as the first 5 games of next season!) so i played start  of next season and got 4 wins and a loss, and got sacked, despite being joint top of the league, as they wanted 13 pts! Really frustrating as the team was stacked, they went on under new management to get promoted that year and do well in premiership, i was always bitter! 😂

image.png.dd7b1b21b641f57a3f47462cf8720272.png

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season with odds of of 300-1  (the next team was 35-1) and only 14 players , 3 were GK's and 2 were silver starred youths.  There was also no LB for the first 4 games. In spite of this the team started well and were in 2nd or 3rd for most of the season. Went into the last game 2 points behind 2nd and threw away a 2 goal lead to draw 2-2 although it made no difference.

Finances were ok but i could not persuade the board to make any facility increases.

Generally i don't sign older players as i like to see players improve not fall off a cliff like they can do when past 30. I signed Wede due to his versatility, he played at LB for 4 or 5 games but still chipped in with a decent amount of assists when played in midfield.

My youth intake looked good but this is just due to the squad being so poor. 2 players did look like they could play in the first team next season.

Nilsson could develop into a useful player and i was quite pleased with Svensson who is the equal of my best cm.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 NS

3rd

Not entered

N/A

Mahmutaj (9)

Wede (9)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Thanks to a lot of lucky draws, we've made it through to the 11th round of the Coupe de France (Ligue 1 teams join in round 9) and got another juicy draw, this time away at St Etienne (currently 4th in Ligue 2). Hopefully we can make a bit of money from this one!

image.png.e5d6633d6969decfc029442203f5ada7.png

spacer.png

Donegal Celtic

Season 5 – Danske Bank Premier League – 7th

Transfers Squad Key PlayerHot Prospect

image.png.67ef04d4871a22dd9948f3c0b4059de8.png

Overview

No sooner had we started the off season than we lost both our starting centre backs and our starting striker – a frustrating ordeal. I did manage to bring in a few players to somewhat replace them, however, I didn’t really think we were anywhere near as strong as the season prior. Alas, we did at least manage to get ourselves a somewhat balanced squad.

As it happens, we did actually have a good start to the season, aside from a 3-0 loss to the eventual champions Linfield. In fact, up until the Christmas period we were in the hunt for 2nd place – though it was a 6 horse race for 2nd to 7th. But, in January, we lost another of our regular starters – our leading assister as he left to divisional rivals Glentoran (not to play a single game for them this season) and our season started to spiral. We ended in pretty terrible form, going from 2nd to 10 points of 2nd by end of the regular season. That also saw us drop to the relegation group rather than the championship group.

Such is the gap between the top 7 and the rest of the league, we’d actually already guaranteed ourselves to win the relegation group without playing any matches but was still disappointed we managed to lose one of our 5 fixtures, but alas, it made no difference to the end table. In spite of finishing in the relegation group, the top team still qualifies for the European Play-offs and we were given the chance to get revenge against the team who knocked us out in the previous season – Coleraine. Unfortunately, we were well beaten after going down to 10 men after 20 minutes. Not a fantastic league season, but comfortably secure in the top flight which is decent enough.

This year in the cups I felt we did reasonably well being knocked out by the teams that finished 1st and 2nd in the league in the League cup Semi-final and the Irish Cup Quarter Final respectively. But we went one further in the regional cup – the County Antrim Shield besting Linfield in what is actually our only victory over them in the 11 meetings between us.

Next Season

We really need to be able to offer part-time deals next season as it is incredibly frustrating for the heart of the team to just be stolen away with and not be able to do anything about it. I think I need to just be content with another season of top 7 football but I fear we may not be able to find as many good quality players as we have in the past in spite of improving reputation – we shall see.

Players of note

Micky Beaumont  He was our 3rd choice centre back last season, but as the other two left us, he took over the mantle of a starting centre back and had a very solid season for us at the back.

Tomislav VukusicAnother good season on loan for Vukusic he’s supposed 100 overall appearances for the club and had another good season in defensive midfield. We’ve agreed a loan deal to keep him at the club for at least the first half of next season which I’m happy about.

Nick RobertsA new striker brought in this summer, not fantastic in his finishing attribute, but his physical attributes aided him in having a pretty solid season for us – 30 goals in all competitions with 18 in the league. He’s ‘lost trust’ in me though after I fined him for playing badly a couple of times so if anyone comes in for him I’m even more powerless than usual to stop him leaving unless he has a change of heart.

Overview

image.thumb.png.372d3c1475ede1463e73ac48eeb2d646.png

19 hours ago, Tyer said:

Does anyone have experience taking one of these super small teams to the top?  Does attendance eventually come?  I'm only getting about 600 per game, the place can hold 3000, and I'm currently leading the Scottish 2nd tier.

From my understanding, the attendances are quite dependant on overall club reputation and then also league reputation that you're playing in. There perhaps would be a limit of how high it could go, but it should eventually increase to match where you are in the league system. Worth noting that if you have relatively prompt promotions you it will take a little while for your club reputation to be what is expected in the league that you are in. (The main reason my average attendance is as high as it is however, is due to away fans - in most our games the number of away fans is more than the number of home fans - so I'm in a similar boat of small following in general)

Brora Rangers 25/26 Midseason Update:

I'm excited to win the championship!  I signed two nice little Argentina forwards and we are the best team in the league!  

All I did was sign players my scouts said were good championship players that would come, and over the last 2 years the team has really came together nicely, even have some players Ill be happy to have in the top tier.

Squad depth is a bit shallow so suspensions or injuries could mean the quality of player would take a huge drop. 

image.png.13360a3f7294005dc3e810e98dda8eb4.png

@Tyerthatw great what an incredible season ao far, 12 pts clear dare i say its over! great climb through the leagues!

@_JHTB_ unlucky sounds like injuries ruined it for you as was incredibly tight. What do you need to do for europe qualification in that league? 

shame to lose roberts if he goes after that season- ive found with discipline stuff in fm22 players get upset much more easily than they did previously. Same with praising form, sometimes they oddly disagee with u and u end up falling out! 

@_JHTB_ can you not offer any part time contracts, that sounds like a bug if so. I played in N Ireland in fm19 and could offer part time contracts to any player with a status of first teamer and above in the championship and to all players in the premiership.

9 hours ago, aldojags said:

@_JHTB_ unlucky sounds like injuries ruined it for you as was incredibly tight. What do you need to do for europe qualification in that league? 

We didn't really have any injuries - it was more just us going on a form downturn that spiralled. I think losing our centre mid via transfer who'd managed 10 assists in the league till that point was a contributor especially given at season end our leading assister had only 9. 
For European Qualification the 1st place team gets a Champions League Qualifying spot, 2nd place a Europa II qualifying spot, 3rd place (or Cup winner) a Europa II Qualifying spot, then 4th to 7th (3rd depending on cup winner) go into a playoff where the winner qualifies for Europa II Qualifying. I'm not too sure what happens if a team outside the top 7 wins the cup as if 7th place still are in the playoffs it would leave it an odd number.

5 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@_JHTB_ can you not offer any part time contracts, that sounds like a bug if so. I played in N Ireland in fm19 and could offer part time contracts to any player with a status of first teamer and above in the championship and to all players in the premiership.

Did you start in the Championship or take a smaller team still? I don't think it is a bug as we aren't the only team who aren't offering part-time deals at this level (or probably are now as the other team were relegated last time out). I'm almost confident it's a combination of overall team reputation and then the wage budget we have been given (we've around 2.6k per week budget).  Even if it is a bug, I'm committed now, if we continue to fair well we will at least improve our reputation so that we are less likely to lose players domestically at least.

@Tyer Looking like a very comprehensive league win if you keep your current pace up, though I dare say relatively narrow victory margins in general?

Edited by _JHTB_

47 minutes ago, _JHTB_ said:

Did you start in the Championship or take a smaller team still? I don't think it is a bug as we aren't the only team who aren't offering part-time deals at this level (or probably are now as the other team were relegated last time out). I'm almost confident it's a combination of overall team reputation and then the wage budget we have been given (we've around 2.6k per week budget).  Even if it is a bug, I'm committed now, if we continue to fair well we will at least improve our reputation so that we are less likely to lose players domestically at least.

it was doing this challenge, in the bottom div i could only offer NC terms which was annoying. The wage budget doesn't affect it, thats more than i have in the swedish 2nd div and the league is a lower rep, but can still offer pt contracts.  team rep may be affecting it.

1 hour ago, _JHTB_ said:

We didn't really have any injuries - it was more just us going on a form downturn that spiralled. I think losing our centre mid via transfer who'd managed 10 assists in the league till that point was a contributor especially given at season end our leading assister had only 9. 
For European Qualification the 1st place team gets a Champions League Qualifying spot, 2nd place a Europa II qualifying spot, 3rd place (or Cup winner) a Europa II Qualifying spot, then 4th to 7th (3rd depending on cup winner) go into a playoff where the winner qualifies for Europa II Qualifying. I'm not too sure what happens if a team outside the top 7 wins the cup as if 7th place still are in the playoffs it would leave it an odd number.

@Tyer Looking like a very comprehensive league win if you keep your current pace up, though I dare say relatively narrow victory margins in general?

Ya, Alot of 1 goal wins, I did end up winning the league, with 4 games left, just haven't finished the season.  The stats say I'm the best team XG wise, but Ross County should have been alot closer to me then they were if you just looked at the stats.  Probably shouldn't have been as comfortable as it was.  We were 4th in the media predictions.

Brora Rangers 25/26 Season

Hey we are champions and going on to the Scottish top tier where we will be like 1500-1 or something like that.  Part 1 is complete - reaching the top level.  Now to build the club facilties and reputation to become champions of Scotland and then Europe!

I think I got lucky this year.  But we had some nice signings.  Ross County probably should have been fighting with us for 1st until the last day, but they finished 10ish points behind where they probably should have if you look at their expected XG

(Celtic and Rangers will have a payroll over 50x my size next year)

image.thumb.png.fb7fcdf227b3d41b4cdbe62983fd88a0.png

image.thumb.png.8a44e4da8bbfb390022d1e673610f134.pngimage.thumb.png.1c931f66e5fa7ba9a1b51f896c77e568.png

8 minutes ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

@Tyer You will stay up, but I expect Celtic and Rangers to be far too strong for you to compete with them, expect a good thrashing or two.

Ya Celtic has Callum McGregor who makes 4x my entire payroll budget :)

2 hours ago, aldojags said:

you can do it @Tyer!!

Thanks!

We are on course for maybe a 6th-10th place finish.  Alot can derail.  The problem with such a low wage budget is the depth of the team, Couple injuries could mean I'm playing grayed out players or people in the wrong positions.  

Probably safe but no europe for a while unless we get more money or a lucky cup run (this table cracks me up)

image.png.12f1473490bc13dabdb916fe73267ef5.png

7 hours ago, aldojags said:

@Tyerhow do you find that wage comparison table? I've tried looking for it on "stats" screen thought it'd be in there somewhere but cannot find it in my save!

We should be safe, halfway through season we are 6th, (was even as high as 3rd, I thought it was nuts.)

To find that table go to page for the league > stats > team detailed > and it's towards the bottom

image.thumb.png.44b9910c33da6e9471c3efd3a24a7136.png

Brora Rangers 26/27 Season. 

8th place first season in the Prem.  Semi - Final cup run.  Pretty stress free season, pretty good!  Money coming in now, slowly starting to improve facilities.  Global scouting also thsi year, can try and find some wonderkids!

One concerning thing is the Scottish League has gone from 9th to 17th in competition rankings, really hurting the amount of Euro places and the quality of tournament and placement we get.

image.png.f0fb76d2319eb15927699e0c24bec902.png

Well done on a great first season @Tyer, something you can really build on as you establish yourself in the league. Rangers edging out Celtic on goal difference and Hibernian did well to get so close to them. Fighting for 4th if you improve the squad over the off season might be a realistic aim over the next couple of seasons.

image.png.9e668f6c651c0e8c703fd971f44e51dd.png

Season 4 | 2025-2026 | Must. Not Stagnate

After encouraging results in the 1.League last year, the board was looking for a season to consolidate in the league. I had other plans. I wasn't there to stagnate in the 1.League and wanted to reach the top flight as soon as I could. Predicted to come in 10th at the start of the season, according to me, it was the year to get up, and the guys delivered. 

Transfers

We've had quite a few interesting signings this year. I've first taken advantage of our affiliation with Galatasaray and got Eren Aydin on a (free) loan. He ended up scoring 19 goals (the second highest total in the league), along with 8 assists. I just hope I can hang onto him next year, because that's the striker I can have confidence in, at least for now. 

On the exciting scale also are Abdulla Mohammed Al-Matrooshi, who is a regular international for UAE, at 20 years old. Solid in the defence and with good potential, I hope you'll be hearing from him quite a bit later on. Also, we have Nat Mills, who was signed from Australia side Wellington Phoenix. He came in big in our midfield and is on the border of getting his first cap with the senior team. Finally, Soner Aydogdu was signed with an Impact Sub role and came in big with strong corners and free kicks, as well as being not a liability on the field. At 35, he's a good mentor and has an extension going into the next year. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.5108ec345f5645d16cee616ba5515d98.pngimage.thumb.png.601c186397856f9c49acf2b74b6480b9.png

image.thumb.png.816192895347c790cd5cba0ad014bc50.png

On the way out was Necati Saltik, our star left back, who got poached by Super League side Konyaspor for 45k€. He's been a rotation option for them this year and didn't look too bad, but that will tell us the quality that we'll be facing next year. 

League Performance

We were expected to finish somewhere in the mid-table, but clearly overperformed everything that was expected from us. We started strong and never really looked back, guided by a strong offence and a somewhat ok defence, which got us into the best goal differential for the league, at +39. Bld. Erzerumspor were a bit too steady for us, we one one and drew one against them, but they were consistent and didn't drop easy games against lower level sides, like we did here and there, so they were clear winners above us in the league. We scored the most goals in the league by a landslide (75 vs. 57), but still have work to do on the defensive side of the ball, especially next year. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.29ffcefb14a79f7e1b2aa08777add0e8.png

Turkish Cup

Without shocking giants like we came close last year, we still got in to the Fifth Round of the cup, this time to lose, well beaten by Basakeshir FK. That was what the board wanted, so I'm not offending anybody with this loss. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.654fb77db17af20a32c43067a21f642a.png

The Team

Rolling on with our asymmetric 4-3-1-2 tactic, but with better personnel this year, it looked great. The goals came a bit from everywhere, our two main strikers Eren Aydin and Erdem Çetinkaya, but also from the wings, from the midfield, from the set pieces. A great team effort, to be honest. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.fe18ff3ac323a4f66ca9f35dda0e0f51.png

image.thumb.png.017bcb8c9f7f15b06497d3196a6814e7.png

Individual highlights

Yusuf Götkas - DC - 7 goals, 5 PoM, 7.45 avg. rating

At this point, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's just something that isn't quite realistic in the game, but I'm fully taking advantage of it. Yusuf Götkas is again with us and will still be with us on loan for the next season, despite having the loaner club in the bottom of the 1.League while we were promoted to the SuperLeague. Yusuf was still an ever-present figure in our defence, but still shows snail-like physical qualities, so I fully expect he'll hit a brick wall next year. In the meantime, I'm fully enjoying having him around.

Révélation

image.thumb.png.c892e1ccb625b5596d8f5388d093765d.png

Yasin Ceylan - DM, MC - 1 goal, 5 assists, 7.01 avg. rating

Last year's lottery ticket actually makes it to the top performers this year. An ever-present force in the defensive midfield, he has progressed very well and the future is looking great for him. Let's now just hope I can hold on to him, as roughly half of the Superleague is interested in him at the moment. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.2e6e013c82675276a5af5974e0fb6d75.png

For the Future

Mujo Midzic came in from Sarajevo on a free transfer, but unfortunately sat in the U19s due to foreign players considerations. He's been killing it and will be in the first team next year, at least rotating in the defence. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.418f1b804b2343b776f952bf0f5666ee.png

Other News

Finances were in for a wild ride this year and dropped significantly because of a few signings in the summer (Ali Ercen - he was good, but not screenshot worthy, even at 215 k€ - got in after being left naked at left back when Necati Saltik signed elsewhere). 

image.thumb.png.c271dcb6d7054287cff2150664e59a16.png

- Crappy intake this year. Even thought not to generate proper faces for them, but we have nobody above 3 stars. Not counting on anybody in there for the future. 

image.thumb.png.cd14d6bcc1fa6b53e43dae6d2413d4cf.png

- In the SuperLeague, Fenerbahçe won it this year with 82 points, 9 in front of Besitkas and 13 in front of Galatasaray. Less close than last year, but still the top 4 were ways above the rest, which was super close. This is what we're going against next year. The homogeneity in the league actually is quite encouraging to me. 

image.png.592662ad03637e7462f9452362501123.png

- In Europe, Liverpool won the Champions League, Real San Sebastian won the EURO Cup and Lokomotiv Moscow one the EURO Cup II.

- Besitkas is now my senior affiliate. I asked for another and this ended up cancelling my Galatasaray link. we'll see if that even holds up with the promotion. 

Looking Back

Get in the playoffs for the 1.League: Failed! I got above the playoffs... ;-)

- Get a striker I can believe in (this time I really mean it): Not a bad showing from Eren, but not sure I'll be able to keep him next year. 

- Try to pay more attention to the U23 league rules selections, as I've had to leave out spots on the bench quite a bit in the last occasion, limiting us sometimes in our changes. -> Not a problem this year in the end. 

Looking Forward

Survive in the SuperLeague.

- Survive in the SuperLeague.

- Survive in the SuperLeague.

Summary

Year Season League Position Points Goal Diff Cup Europe Avg. Attendance Top Scorer Top Assist Training Youth Junior Youth Rec
1 2022/2023 2.L 11 51 -4 3rd Round NA 4013 Serhat Mutlu (10) Sezer Yildim (9) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
2 2023/2024 2.L 1 75 32 4th Round NA 4257 Onur Demir (12) Yunus Kefeli (10) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
3 2024/2025 1.L 7 57 17 5th Round NA 5765 Damion Probodziak (17) Yunus Kefeli (10) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
4 2025/2026 1L 2 69 39 5th Round NA 5973 Eren Aydin (19) Mohammed Sabah (9) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited

7 hours ago, jmarchand said:

At this point, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's just something that isn't quite realistic in the game

I think it's the latter, I've had a player on loan and he's suppased 100 league appearances for me.  (Unfortunately his club only kept giving him 6 month extensions so I'll be losing him when he joins his new club midseason). But generally, if you've a loan player who is playing regularly whilst you are moving up through the leagues more often than not it seems the parent club will allow you to keep them.

7 hours ago, jmarchand said:

Besitkas is now my senior affiliate. I asked for another and this ended up cancelling my Galatasaray link.

With senior affiliates I think you're always limited to 1 domestically - perhaps you can amass a few foreign ones should the board allow.

Congrats on the promotion hopefully it will allow you to keep hold of your striker as even if you find a better one on paper I know that they won't necessarily fit as well

On 04/12/2021 at 09:03, Tyer said:

Global scouting also thsi year, can try and find some wonderkids!

I'd just be happy being able to scout the rest of the UK :rolleyes:

Solid first season in the top flight there, comfortably clear of relegation. It's a shame about the league ranking dropping, but hopefully by the time you've broken into the top 4 the league will have improved again

Well I still haven't mastered the work permit system so a lot of people my scouts find can't get permits.

I need to find an affiliate club in a more relaxed country where I can loan some guys out for a couple years.  the board doesn't like that idea.  

I think for me hitting top 4 in a couple years is realistic.  there is 4 Euro spots and a clear top 3 teams, I think I could grab that 4th spot maybe even this year.  Basically just need to be better than Aberdeen.  Which I think we are close.

image.png.3f44893acd165f3e9415c3aa7bf61673.png

Hyères 83 Football Club 2024/25 season review

A bit of an up and down season but one that gives me a bit more hope for the future. We started the season on a tear, winning our first 3 games and topped the table, but we fell off a cliff and didn't win a game in September. We turned it around with my new 352 formation developed in Hungary and by the end of February we were within touching distance of the top 3 and the promotion playoffs. We were leading Boulogne 1-0 and on our way to a win but conceded a 94th minute equaliser and after that game my star striker got injured and was out for 4-5 weeks. That meant that for the whole of March we again didn't win a game and our promotion push was basically over. We finished the season strong and cemented a comfortable 7th place finish.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.957f53c6f4c90315df28d2846dc2ab55.png

image.thumb.png.72b10e728534dc4327e8e3345f86720f.png

In the Coupe de France we had the luckiest draws and managed to make it all the way to the 11th round where we were outclassed by St Etienne. If we'd beaten St Etienne then Paris FC were in the quarter finals and we could have made a semi final against Monaco, but it wasn't to be.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2831b7ef631e2ef7bdffad7db705dfa1.png

Our star players were Balla Sangaré, who banged in 28 goals through the season with a 7.33 avg rating and, barring injury, probably could have made a run at top scorer in the league (he ended on 21 goals). In midfield, Dorian Diring is getting on in age at 32 but was solid as a rock churning out 13 assists and a 7.28 avg rating while at the back Mamadou Tounkara had an absurd 7.45 avg rating and chipped in with 4 goals and 4 assists. With the transfers the main plan is to get younger and more athletic after a few seasons signing players in their mid-30s.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c32f754a44ac03a1fe96bac434ffa229.png

image.thumb.png.d53fe493641db2c8f11e2dcf4da6ffa2.png

image.thumb.png.fcf7e2affe6877a115e9b06c1e097d7d.png

image.thumb.png.2d4fdaffed412d4e4ee083d147e281ba.png

image.thumb.png.a6c868130b61c2181f0688249b1421f0.png

image.thumb.png.78352f68631f5189f8aa62948ae0ee37.png

The plan for next season is to get promoted. Anything else will be a failure in my eyes.

image.thumb.png.71a87a7a0703cb64e51ecbf1190fca21.png

41 minutes ago, Tyer said:

Well I still haven't mastered the work permit system so a lot of people my scouts find can't get permits.

I need to find an affiliate club in a more relaxed country where I can loan some guys out for a couple years.  the board doesn't like that idea.  

I think for me hitting top 4 in a couple years is realistic.  there is 4 Euro spots and a clear top 3 teams, I think I could grab that 4th spot maybe even this year.  Basically just need to be better than Aberdeen.  Which I think we are close.

Getting into Europe through the 4th place spot should give you more money to work with and hopefully things like expanded wage budget would follow.

Le 05/12/2021 à 00:25, Mahzun_Savas a dit :

@jmarchand Extremely well done to get the promotion in style. Hopefully the team is strong enough to stay up.

Thanks! We'll need a bit of help, I think...! 

Le 05/12/2021 à 06:52, _JHTB_ a dit :

I think it's the latter, I've had a player on loan and he's suppased 100 league appearances for me.  (Unfortunately his club only kept giving him 6 month extensions so I'll be losing him when he joins his new club midseason). But generally, if you've a loan player who is playing regularly whilst you are moving up through the leagues more often than not it seems the parent club will allow you to keep them.

With senior affiliates I think you're always limited to 1 domestically - perhaps you can amass a few foreign ones should the board allow.

Congrats on the promotion hopefully it will allow you to keep hold of your striker as even if you find a better one on paper I know that they won't necessarily fit as well

Makes sense on the logic behind the senior affiliate. Regarding my striker situation, he wasn't interested in renewing the loan or signing for us permanently, so I'm bargain-hunting at the moment! Season is just starting, though and my fingers are crossed!  

If anyone wants to do this challenge starting now.  I would highly suggest picking a nation with relaxed registration rules like Poland or Austria.  Scotland is a pain dealing with Brexit.

Really annoying finding a nice cheap player in Peru and not being able to sign and play him. 

And it's impossible to tell the board 'Hey, if we had a junior affiliate, we could bring in some of these youngsters, loan them out for a couple years, and then next contract we should be able to play them first team.

Welcome @VipertitanBeograd seems a good pick, Serbia always produces good youngsters too so in sure you’ll do well! 

@jmarchandsuperb mate, no doubt in my mind you’ll keep them up- manager of your pedigree!

@Tyerfantastic progress so far, will be European football in Brora before long!

@Britrockgood solid season to build on, you’ll be Ligue 2 shortly I’m sure!

The Spartans FC Logo.png

The Spartans FC - Scotland - 2022-2023

Up and down first season but successful enough as we survived comfortably, finishing 7th.

League Table

We got off to a slow start with only 8 points in our first 12 league games. I had to abandon my ideas of working with a 4-3-3 pretty early as our best winger went down with a serious injury. We switched to a 4-4-2 diamond and needed results between our slow start and a board takeover. Luckily we found some success, winning 7 straight games and getting to the edge of the playoffs. Our defensive frailties caught up with us though and we went winless for 8 games. Putting more of an emphasis on a defensive possession based game finally produced results though and we finished relatively strong with 2 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses in our last 8.

Cups

We won our first cup game by defeating the Celtic Under 21s 1-0  (they really don't have anyone in the U21s, most players in that age range play for their B team. We then battled League 1 side Clyde to a 1-1 draw before falling on penalties.

In the Scottish Cup, we had an unfortunate exit, losing our first game to Highlands team Buckie Thistle 2-3. Pretty even game but we just gave up too many chances to a team we should have handled.

Top Players

DC Daniel Baur was our player and young player of the year. Slow but excellent in the air scoring 5 goals. Also led the league in block shots and clearances and among the leaders in headers. He was a busy boy and I thought I was going to lose him as he refused to listen to contract offers all season. Finally relented after the final game so he is locked down.

DR Craig Thomson was signed from Cowdenbeath to play, maybe backup, my right fullback spot. Safe to say the 31 year old took the spot and made it his though. Led the league in assists with 12, from a mix of crosses and set pieces. Also chipped in 4 goals.

And our leading goal scorer ended up being Cammy Russell. I originally thought he would be my wide targetman but once he moved inside to team with Blair Henderson (who scored 13 goals) he really thrived.

Youth Intake

Surprisingly good? Definitely better than I've ever had before with a low level team. Plenty of players who can potentially help us next season, led by Ryan Wright-Ellis. The 15 year old from southwest England is listed as a centerback but at 5'8" I'm going to retrain him as a defensive midfielder. Definitely has the potential to hold down the base of our midfield with good defensive skills and workable offensive ability.

Looking Ahead

Much of our first team is signed for next season so I think we can make a playoff push. Probably need to find a better option at left back as we played a defensive left back last year which isn't ideal for such a narrow formation. A more creative 10 would also be very helpful. We're going young at goalkeeper as I found this gem unattached (Colin Gilmore). He spent much of the season in our Under 18s but got called up to Scotland's U18 team and started 2 games. He played 5 games for us to end the season and only allowed 3 goals, easily the best of the four goalkeepers I used.

One funny note, Edinburgh City was awful this season and got relegated so we are already the third largest team in Edinburgh.

2 hours ago, aldojags said:

@Britrockgood solid season to build on, you’ll be Ligue 2 shortly I’m sure!

Cheers, this season is going to be tough as the top 2 teams are already 10+ points clear after 13 games which leaves us with only the 3rd place playoff to aim for. We just can't score enough goals at the moment to be consistent enough, we always win the xG battle but regularly score 0 or 1 and pay for it

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

image.png.793cf83e962c07da08d97f4b9c0a99a5.png

shhhh....don't tell anyone i got lucky

image.png.d3f3b85250794cdd74444033984ab052.png

Mid Season Update....Trophy!!! (Alas it's not the one that gives Euro qualification)

image.png.25c4531df2d141bf9b59197f0d030229.png

Edited by Tyer

Il y a 18 heures, Tyer a dit :

If anyone wants to do this challenge starting now.  I would highly suggest picking a nation with relaxed registration rules like Poland or Austria.  Scotland is a pain dealing with Brexit.

Really annoying finding a nice cheap player in Peru and not being able to sign and play him. 

And it's impossible to tell the board 'Hey, if we had a junior affiliate, we could bring in some of these youngsters, loan them out for a couple years, and then next contract we should be able to play them first team.

Yes, it can be frustrating sometimes, but I find that it's part of the challenge and that we should embrace it, it makes the end-result so much more rewarding. In Croatia last year, we were limited to 5 non-EU spots, which wasn't too too bad because we could still get some good prospects from Europe, but it took 8 *continuous* years in Croatia to gain nationality, it happened to exactly one of my players in the save.

This year in Turkey, it's even more complicated... In the SuperLig it's 10 non-Turkish spots (but only 6 on the field at any given time), as well as 2 spots for U21 which HAVE to come from your academy. We also need to have one domestic keeper and 3 U23 Turkish players. From what I read, it's been getting stricter this year and in the next years (2022, 2023) in an effort to promote local talent and to turn the SuperLig in more than a place where old players from Europe come to play at the end of their careers. 

image.png.d8a10cbd78defc1d19462aae2bc18cf5.png

image.png.0fb473e99451532c7db2f08f4d4df1d9.png

image.png.dd7b1b21b641f57a3f47462cf8720272.png

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season badly and was always trying to catchup after this point.  Got to within 4 points of the top 2 with 8 games to go but then went winles in the next 6 to finish midtable. Defensively the team was poor but it was probably the 5 month injury to Wede at the end of the season and a 9 month injury to Wahl which left the team with no decent options on the right of midfield that cost the team.

Finances are reasonably steady although my wage spend is very low.

My best player was the veteran Molander who was top scorer and ended up playing at AMR. He retired at the end of the season but i am hopeful my youth player Nilsson will step in to fill the void as a DLP.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 NS

3rd

Not entered

N/A

Mahmutaj (9)

Wede (9)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

6th

Not entered

N/A

Molander (14)

Chebil (12)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Edited by Thebaker

spacer.png

Donegal Celtic

Season 6 – Danske Bank Premier League – 1st

Transfers Squad Key PlayerHot Prospect

image.thumb.png.c69a2e4ff51649faaf9157cfead04ce4.png

Overview

As I predicted in my last update, our top scorer Nick Roberts left this summer (Sunderland Under 23s) and was joined by our starting right back and backup right winger, not an ideal start to the window. For incomings I focused a lot more on loan signings especially as we’re yet to be able to offer part-time contracts. In the most part the spine of my team however, remained the same with only additional depth signed in the off season.

The first game of the season was a definite barometer as we beat Linfield for the first time in regulation time in what was our 9th encounter with them, Linfield comfortably won the league the season prior so beating them was a huge confidence boost. Whilst we did lose the following game, our season started very brightly with us winning most our games, in fact, drawing into the start of the Champions group we 12 points clear at the top of the league. Alas, towards the end of the first stage we started to falter somewhat. We were still in the main picking up wins but our performances were dropping off, but still saw ourselves entering the Champions Group with a 9 point lead.

A draw and a loss in our opening two Champions Group stage was a disappointing affair and had me at least slightly worried that we might end up bottling what was a comfortable league position. Thankfully a hard fought 2-1 victory over Glentoran seemed to instil belief in the squad that we were actually a decent team which was apparent as we won the next game 5-0 which secured Donegal Celtic’s first ever league title and (though highly unlikely to progress very far) European Qualification.

We had probably our best showing in the cups as well this year, firstly we retained our County Antrim Shield whilst also reaching the final of the League Cup. We were second best in the final of the league cup but a good run nonetheless. The Irish Cup was a bit of a disappointment (we couldn’t have it all our own way) as we lost to Dundela who are in the bottom league, but in the Quarter Final at least.

Next Season

Next season is the first official season where we can complete the challenge – though the chances of that are slim to no chance what so ever. What I’m hoping is that in winning the league and qualifying for the Champions League qualification rounds is that we can finally offer part-time contracts. If we can’t I have at least extended some of our loan players contracts which gives us a basis to build off. Given we won the league this season, we've surely got to aim to retain it next time out. I'd love to qualify for a European Group stage, but I think that will just be a pipe dream.

Players of note

Sion Spence  Spence was a regular player for Linfield in the 5 seasons prior but for some reason didn’t renew his contract. Their loss is our gain as he managed 8 goals and 17 assists in the league which is an impressive return for the central midfielder.

Paul PattersonEither of our centre backs I could be writing this for, but Patterson was almost ever present for us this season contributing a little in goals and assists but mainly performing well as part of a well oiled defensive unit.

Callum ThompsonOne of our loan signings this summer, initially I was a little sceptical about signing him, but he didn’t let me down scoring 9 and assisting 15 in the league from right wing. Unfortunately, we have yet to agree a loan deal for next season for him, but a big contributor to our title winning season.

Overview

image.thumb.png.6cc02816da197c959886fb264d8eef1c.png

@_JHTB_NICE!  I think you are the first to win a countries top league.

Good luck in Champions league qualification!  I assume it will be tough but if you can get a group stage in a couple years that's like 20 million dollars.

Brora Rangers 27/28 Season

Europe!!! 4th in the league!!!!  Still have a ways to go to reach Celtic and Rangers but this should help a ton. (Edit:  I guess we are waiting on the finish of the Scottish Cup to see if we get in)(Edit 2: We got in...Celtic won the cup)

image.png.a1e39135a399f8d17339a9defaaae502.png

image.png.f54d6e56e6ca503115b6263ed6e399d1.png

image.png.d65a96dca6e197afb06df410b5b58806.png

Edited by Tyer