*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

Data updates would be transfers, error corrections and some other general changes. Overall most players attributes would remain fairly similar in this update.

has the work permits been fixed in the latest update mate .

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, BUCKETMAN said:

has the work permits been fixed in the latest update mate .

Presumably you're referring to the Scottish work permits. If so, it hasn't made this update unfortunately. It has proven bigger than a conventional bug fix in the sense that it will need a bespoke solution developing for Scottish football. 

1 minute ago, nexting said:

I'm not sure if there is.

What i mean is playing in the CL on a Wednesday and still having a league game scheduled for Saturday rather than Sunday as would happen in real life

This happens regularly in real life.

This is some of Liverpools matches this season in real life:

image.png.f15f80de4ad79f98f99cd0f9efa21b79.png

image.png.269578fbf28562f42326640df9509d98.png

25 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Is there a thread on the Bugs Tracker about what you mean here? 

20 minutes ago, XaW said:

This happens regularly in real life.

This is some of Liverpools matches this season in real life:

image.png.f15f80de4ad79f98f99cd0f9efa21b79.png

image.png.269578fbf28562f42326640df9509d98.png

I dont feel it does happen regularly in real life, all the time in game.

I'm playing as Dortmund second season. CL semis and i have Stuttgart on Saturday then United on Tuesday, following week, United on Wednesday and Hoffenheim on Saturday. Absolutely no reason they couldn't have moved the games.

Perhaps Liverpool's games were scheduled that way because of Covid or postponed matches.

Ive only noticed this happening lately, games always used to be moved to accommodate European fixtures.

Edited by nexting

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Maurice1610 said:

For the KI loan tweaks/offers that are mentioned in patch notes do i need to make a new save for that to be in full effect or can i keep playing my current ones? 

Is compatible with existing saves. 

As someone currently managing in Russia - can anyone go a bit more in depth as to what the changes are for ongoing saves please?

I’ve seen the European fixtures played abroad and I’m expecting that this will happen from the game date? Or would it be the next season?

Has anything under the hood happened to Russian players/staff/teams etc that could change my game? 

(I’m all for these changes - just not sure of specifics!)

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Yes.

Whilst I get this decision and understand it, I am disappointed this is the way things have gone. SI made the right call (imo) to minimise covid and it's impacts within the game, and I am of course all for realism. I think the move is right, but the time period is a little bit silly. Miles is right in that there is no potential end date, but I think we can all agree that Russian clubs will be back in European competition in say, 50 years.  I get that the discussion then becomes "when do you draw the line", but forever seems like overkill.  If it were me, I would lift the ban after one season.

There is no potential end date, but at the same time, the ban is for this season.

Is this ban in place even if the 22.0 or 22.3 database is used? 

3 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Whilst I get this decision and understand it, I am disappointed this is the way things have gone. SI made the right call (imo) to minimise covid and it's impacts within the game, and I am of course all for realism. I think the move is right, but the time period is a little bit silly. Miles is right in that there is no potential end date, but I think we can all agree that Russian clubs will be back in European competition in say, 50 years.  I get that the discussion then becomes "when do you draw the line", but forever seems like overkill.  If it were me, I would lift the ban after one season.

There is no potential end date, but at the same time, the ban is for this season.

Is this ban in place even if the 22.0 or 22.3 database is used? 

I have no issue with why SI made the call, especially seeing how SI has worked with War Child for a long while, and have a pretty clear commitment to peace. No doubt some people will dislike this for a whole myriad of reasons, both things I'd consider fair, and other of a more political view. UEFA and FIFA have excluded Russian clubs and the national team indefinitely, so based on that I don't really think SI had any other realistic options.

I don't know if this affects earlier versions, but based Miles' blog it seems to have a small effect on earlier versions at least (with Russian clubs playing in neutral grounds), thought I haven't tested it so i can't say for sure.

10 minutes ago, XaW said:

I have no issue with why SI made the call, especially seeing how SI has worked with War Child for a long while, and have a pretty clear commitment to peace. No doubt some people will dislike this for a whole myriad of reasons, both things I'd consider fair, and other of a more political view. UEFA and FIFA have excluded Russian clubs and the national team indefinitely, so based on that I don't really think SI had any other realistic options.

I don't know if this affects earlier versions, but based Miles' blog it seems to have a small effect on earlier versions at least (with Russian clubs playing in neutral grounds), thought I haven't tested it so i can't say for sure.

Yeah, I get why they've done it, it's just disappointing from a "game" perspective. And I realise this is small potatoes compared to what people in Ukraine are going through.

I honestly don't feel like starting a new save after this change. It's absolutely immersion-breaking to think that Russia would never play an international match ever again. Or that Russian clubs would never feature in Europe again.

If you think about it, it doesn't even make sense as a criticism of the current Russian regime. In fact, the message this sends seems unintentionally bleak. The war is officially eternal.

C'mon, SI. Where is the hope that we'll see peace return to our continent? We have to believe that things will eventually change for the better, right?

8 minutes ago, Esben Knudsen said:

C'mon, SI. Where is the hope that we'll see peace return to our continent? We have to believe that things will eventually change for the better, right?

This is question for Putin rather than SI.

Just a general warning going forward, please don't discuss politics in this thread. We have an Off-topic forum where these things can be discussed, if you'd like.

22 minutes ago, XaW said:

Just a general warning going forward, please don't discuss politics in this thread. We have an Off-topic forum where these things can be discussed, if you'd like.

Apologies, XaW - didn't mean to derail the thread.

Question still remains - is this change applicable regardless of which data is used, or is it only if the latest data is selected? I won't be able to test myself for a few days so would be grateful if someone could let me know?

4 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Presumably you're referring to the Scottish work permits. If so, it hasn't made this update unfortunately. It has proven bigger than a conventional bug fix in the sense that it will need a bespoke solution developing for Scottish football. 

Gutted about that.

11 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Apologies, XaW - didn't mean to derail the thread.

Question still remains - is this change applicable regardless of which data is used, or is it only if the latest data is selected? I won't be able to test myself for a few days so would be grateful if someone could let me know?

Both the changes for existing and new saves are implemented whichever database version you select for your game I believe. 

^Who knew Dmtiry Peskov played Football Manager?!

You must have felt really strongly to join 30 mins ago and go on a rant, isn't it getting a bit late in Moscow? :rolleyes::lol:

How did you feel about Greenwood? Still want him in there? Deep breath. It's just a game: play, not play, lots of other things to do.

Edited by CaptCanuck

7 hours ago, Esben Knudsen said:

I honestly don't feel like starting a new save after this change. It's absolutely immersion-breaking to think that Russia would never play an international match ever again. Or that Russian clubs would never feature in Europe again.

If you think about it, it doesn't even make sense as a criticism of the current Russian regime. In fact, the message this sends seems unintentionally bleak. The war is officially eternal.

I agree!

40 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

^Who knew Dmtiry Peskov played Football Manager?!

You must have felt really strongly to join 30 mins ago and go on a rant, isn't it getting a bit late in Moscow? :rolleyes::lol:

How did you feel about Greenwood? Still want him in there? Deep breath. It's just a game: play, not play, lots of other things to do.

I get why some might disagree, but give their work with Warchild it was completely inevitable. Like you say, Greenwood has gone, as have others for various reasons. What is a good question though is: will an update be produced should the war end before FM23 is released?

I'm concerned that any comments which are critical of the new update are being swiftly deleted. Why is this? Is there a way I can criticize the update without having my comment deleted, and if so, where should I make that comment? Thank you.

Edited by iovetapp

Since the last ME update (so not this one) I really have noticed the top scorers in active full detail leagues have dropped dramatically from around the 30 goal mark to the 20. I've also not seen any strikers with 40+ goal seasons here and there with huge breakthrough seasons...

Prior to this update you'd get an odd conference player banging in 40 goals and then getting interest from clubs in higher leagues. Now even standout experienced poachers playing for top of the table are struggling to get more 20

25 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I get why some might disagree, but give their work with Warchild it was completely inevitable. Like you say, Greenwood has gone, as have others for various reasons. What is a good question though is: will an update be produced should the war end before FM23 is released?

Do you really think war is the big issue here? There are wars going on all the time, for many years, which hardly get any media attention. The US, for example, drops more bombs annually than any other country (I am American, so this isn't some racist thing). Personally, I think SI only did this for PR, and for nothing else. That's the primary reason I am so upset with the new update.

14 minutes ago, iovetapp said:

I'm concerned that any comments which are critical of the new update are being swiftly deleted. Why is this? Is there a way I can criticize the update without having my comment deleted, and if so, where should I make that comment? Thank you.

Constructive criticism will always be appreciated.  Criticism that involved personal abuse towards the developers will not be appreciated and will be removed as laid out in the house rules which you are encouraged to read.  I have answered some of the other points in the other thread that you opened.

4 hours ago, iovetapp said:

As mentioned by myself and FrazT, the best way is to make your posts constructive and respectful, and not filled with swearing, jibes and abuse as was the case with your opening posts. If you do that, you're very unlikely to get yourself into trouble as good discussion is what the forum is for. 

4 hours ago, iovetapp said:

Do you really think war is the big issue here? There are wars going on all the time, for many years, which hardly get any media attention. The US, for example, drops more bombs annually than any other country (I am American, so this isn't some racist thing). Personally, I think SI only did this for PR, and for nothing else. That's the primary reason I am so upset with the new update.

Like I said previously, it was inevitably going to happen. Ultimately the reasons don't matter as it's done and they aren't going to change it. The only question I have is whether an update gets rolled out should the war end before FM23

7 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

no point playing another save in the Scottish League now if that issue will exist for a while yet. 

Hopefully it's fixed for Fm23. 

Edited by StevehFC

Just thought i would give my thoughts on this update ..... Its not the fault of the Russian people or the Russian Football Associations and players that a President decides to commit war crimes yet they are being punished for this persons atrocities . Kicked out of competitions either in real life or the game world i find stupid . It doesnt achieve anything at all except hurt the ones who didnt want this war. You cant tell me that President Putin is sitting on his throne going OH NO !! we are not in the World Cup and we have been banned from European Competitions and Football Manager has updated there database and we are not in it ? You think he really gives a RATS ..... Also you want real life yet you suspend Russia but keep Ukraine as a playable league yet its suspended in real life . So therefore you have taken a stance in the political world 

Now people might agree or disagree with my opinion but then Football Manager got involved when it actually should not of so we are now going to get arguments about it . War is political and should be left that way for those idiots to sort out . Its not the fault of the people !!!

Edited by alian62

1 minute ago, alian62 said:

Just thought i would give my thoughts on this update ..... Its not the fault of the Russian people or the Russian Football Associations and players that a President decides to commit war crimes yet they are being punished for this persons atrocities . Kicked out of competitions either in real life or the game world i find stupid . It doesnt achieve anything at all except hurt the ones who didnt want this war. You cant tell me that President Putin is sitting on his throne going OH NO !! we are not in the World Cup and we have been banned from European Competitions and Football Manager has updated there database and we are not in it ? You think he really gives a RATS ..... 

Now people might agree or disagree with my opinion but then Football Manager got involved when it actually should not of so we are now going to get arguments about it . War is political and should be left that way for those idiots to sort out . Its not the fault of the people !!!

FIFA and UEFA have indefinitely suspended Russia and Belarus from international and continental competitions, and so FM has been updated to reflect that - just as it was to implement the winter World Cup in Qatar, all the transfers that go through, the purchase of Newcastle United, and any other activity from within the footballing world.

No, it isn't the average Russian person's fault that their country's national and club teams have been indefinitely excluded from international football. But the teams have been, and so the game has been updated to reflect that, nothing more, nothing less. If you don't want SI to attempt to accurately reflect which countries are excluded from international competitions or not, it's not SI you should be complaining to, it's FIFA and UEFA for implementing the bans, and the Russian government for doing the thing that caused the ban to be put in place.

Although I am not too bothered by the new update regarding changes to Russia, I think it should be optional if you want these changes or not. Or at the very least, allow the older database changes to keep the original configuration so Russia teams are normal. It does not seem right to force these new updates even on older databases. Just my two cents, hope the devs consider it. 

1 час назад, JordanMillward_1 сказал:

FM has been updated to reflect that - just as it was to implement the winter World Cup in Qatar, all the transfers that go through, the purchase of Newcastle United, and any other activity from within the footballing world

So, UHL is fine and well IRL too?

We all know that it's a political statement, the one which will make most of the audience agree. Strange that SI don't want to acknowledge this. I even consider it reasonable as I wrote above as I have EA to compare.

Either way, it's not like you can buy FM in Russia anymore and even if you could, its cost was changed for the level which is even with my Moscow realtively stable income is above the orbit - console games were sold cheaper.