*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 ora fa, Neil Brock ha scritto:

Would be surprised if any of those have been intentionally stripped out. If you've played for a significant amount of time and don't see any of them worth flagging in the relevant section of the Bug Tracker.

Pretty sure I've seen the player getting injured by a teammate one on FM22 myself, so as said, think they're probably all still in. 

@Neil Brockposted few days ago in “other gameplay” section but my posts were deleted. I’m going to write them again. Thanks for reply

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Reality is for every issue logged within our system, we have to balance our resource and time based on the severity of the issue, how many users it would potentially affect and the difficulty and potential knock-ons for any kind of fix. 

For match plans it's only used by a small percentage of our overall user base and only happens in certain circumstances meaning the number of users who encounter it is extremely low. We would recommend always flagging an issue even if it was in a previous version as often screens and panels are completely redesigned, which mean some issues may no longer be the same or have the same underlying cause in a different version, even if they appear to be similar. 

That's not to say low priority issues won't ever be fixed and really hate hearing of any issue raised in a previous version which is still there in the next - we do appreciate the fact some issues will be extremely frustrating only for specific players. So please be clear and constructive if an issue has been in a previous version. It definitely adds weight to the priority and severity. If you have a reference to an older bug as well, please do throw that in there as well.

Also do remember that whilst we care about our core audience on these forums (I'm almost on 95k posts on these forums now :D), you do make up just one part of our overall userbase. That's not trying to devalue your feedback, as this part of the community has raised more feature ideas that have eventually been implemented into the game, not to mention provided more feedback or bugs than elsewhere too. But it's only one part of the overall FM landscape. We ARE listening and we are amplifying your voice back into the studio. But there are other voices too.  

how do you expect for users to start using match plans more frequently, if when they use it, they get annoying substitutions being made even when u specifically disable that? people play the game to get results and if by using match plans there is a random chance that i will lose all my subs at any point of the game ( some games the 3 substitutions happened at 15min of play in the first half) of course no one is going to keep using that specific feature, i understand that your response is about general problems with low priority due to low users using specific features, but in this specific case, of course no one would try to keep using a feature that does not work as they expect, u can literally lose games by using it, or at least have a big disadvantage , for example  an injured player with no more subs and having to play the rest of game with 10 players or less.

the automatic subs does not happen at every game when using match plans, sometimes u don't get automatic subs at all, in other games u lose all the subs in the first half, its random.

you can literally see the topics reporting this problem created by me if those topics still exist and are only hidden, i reported this every year for a while now,  why i try to use match plans? ... i want to play low priority games with match plans and having the team to waste more time when winning by 2 goals when playing a bottom table team, to reduce the tiredness, this is even more valuable this year, that controlling the fitness/tiredness of the squad has a bigger importance, due the balance of gegenpressing.

Edited by kertiek

40 minutes ago, Platinum said:

We should be able to discuss with the DoF what players we would be willing to sell. Currently if a club makes an offer the DoF will make his own choice.

Doesn't that happen when you put players in the "unwanted" list

My team has a very busy schedule and i don't really have any depth. Had a lot of injuries in my first 11 so far.  Therefore i am looking for players who can play multiple games in a week at high level with less chance of injury. What attribute helps that ? Natural fitness or stamina ? both ? 

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Matteo3champions said:

@Neil Brockposted few days ago in “other gameplay” section but my posts were deleted. I’m going to write them again. Thanks for reply

They're not, I can see them all via your activity log here - https://community.sigames.com/profile/106370-matteo3champions/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjU1ODg4MywiaWRfMiI6MTMzMzI5NDl9

1 hour ago, LucasBR said:

I'm playing in Brazil, started early December, as of right now my game is on March 17th and I already had 15 injuries. That's not normal.

Medical Center > Injury History > Expected Injuries (your current season).

If it's below that number (let's say 50) then it's normal.

If it's 50 then it's normal.

If it's 100 then it's not normal.

Brasil has the most busy fixture schedule, so.

3 hours ago, andu1 said:

So i just updated to public beta. Any change notes compared to the live version? I see that the ME is the same though

That's the version I am using. I raised a ticket as the game was processing so slow after updating to the main game.

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

Doesn't that happen when you put players in the "unwanted" list

You can put players on the unwanted list but if a team bids for a player that isn't on the unwanted list the DoF will accept/reject without asking if that's a player I'm ok with losing (in which case the DoF should negotiate) or if the player is integral to the  team so shouldn't be sold unless the board intervenes.

Not sure if this is just an 'early in the save' quirk, but it's struck me that the computer finishing seems to be much better than that of my team :lol: :rolleyes:

Quite frustrating seeing decent chances by my players missed/blocked/saved, but AI teams scoring in similar circumstances - didn't think my tactics were that bad :lol:

Edited by duff33

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Can you send some my way, my players never get injured and it's causing squad players to be unhappy as they are hardly ever needed. In December, and in total, my squad has had 8 injuries, only two of which were more than a few days. 

I bet he’s got mad schedules double intensity and ppl learning new traits and positions 👌  

1 way ticket to snap city

45 minutes ago, duff33 said:

Not sure if this is just an 'early in the save' quirk, but it's struck me that the computer finishing seems to be much better than that of my team :lol: :rolleyes:

Quite frustrating seeing decent chances by my players missed/blocked/saved, but AI teams scoring in similar circumstances - didn't think my tactics were that bad :lol:

You've opened yourself up to the 'it's your tactics' brigade mate. That's the only answer you'll get from here :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by bigmattb28

47 minutes ago, duff33 said:

It's your tactics!!  Sorry, couldn't resist - blame @bigmattb28 :D

3 hours ago, mp_87 said:

- The Pressing issue that has been much talked about... This is a problem, and from what I have seen seems to be down to the Transition aspect rather than Defensive aspect. When the ball gets turned over counter-pressing doesn't seem to happen, allowing teams to secure the ball, and that is where the problems mainly stem. I think after that the general defensive play looks fairly realistic, it is maybe a bit stand-offish and SI possibly need to look at the distances involved but they get into shape and wait to press at the right moment which is what happens in football. For me it is the counter pressing that on initial observation where issues lie.

Very much agreed. It's strange to ask my team to counter press and then see them...not counter pressing. :confused:

vor 19 Stunden schrieb kertiek:

after playing a few months in game in the release version i think the game still has some really annoying problems:

A) IFs simply refuse to cut inside and use their strong leg, i lost count how many times saka would just run by line and pass back or make a pathetic cross, but never cuts inside, same happens with other players in either flanks, i rarely see any attempt to cut inside, all those new movement animations missed because players just refuse to dribble  and cut inside like they are instructed to.

B) central playmaking it took a step back from what it was in fm21, i have buendia and odegaard playing both on CM with advanced playmaker attack, the whole team is setup to let those two roam free and destroy the opponent with assists, this rarely happens and when it does, all the key passes and/or assist come from set pieces and almost never from open play, i dont see those threaded passes that i was getting in fm21, am using the same tactic with a few modifications made only to pressing.

C) forwards are way less aggressive that in fm21, a lot of times my lone advanced forward on attack gets a one on one with the keeper and 8/10 times he just runs with the ball wide to the side and not even attempts to shoot at goal, just a pass back, at least in fm21 they tried to shoot that  to the side of the goal .. now they just recycle the ball back to the middle and the chance is gone.

at least those 3 are the most problematic plays i been seeing .. apart from what everyone else has mentioned here with set pieces goals, unrealistic possession and the backline 90%+ pass percentages

do i get the results and win games?  yes

does the squad plays like i instruct them to?  no

do i get an absurd quantity of by line crosses, even when am playing with inside forwards and full backs both set to cross less, but they still cross anyway? yes

is it fun to see the squad play game after game doing the same plays over and over (A, B, C)? no

oh and another thing ... i watched a few games on full highlights, some crosses are not getting counted as crosses in the stats, just passes ... so there is that too.

yes its a dull cross setpiece fest, feels like fm 20 all over again 

Edited by thejay

6 hours ago, Zemahh said:

How are transfer fee instalments still so obscenely broken? You can still overspend your budget massively and I'm pretty sure that's not how most transfers in real life work. At least not to the point where a club with €10M budget is spending €90M+ without its board stepping in. Surely clubs should be much less willing to accept more than half the value in instalments?

Also, is this a bug, or what's the deal with only being able to offer a limited amount from the drop-down menu, but the game still allowing you to increase it afterwards?

wvTykqu.png

zrxfeuE.png

Should definitely report it

1 hour ago, duff33 said:

It could be your tactics :brock: but the ME is the same for you & the AI

1 hour ago, peven87 said:

If you use a player on sunday and then on Wednesday the next sunday his condition heart would be orrange and in the middle. 

Technically there is no rule that says you can't play those players 

I fully understand no game is bug free or perfect but at least get the fundamentals of high aggressive pressing right.

I don't care about little bugs such as flawed player interactions.

But I watch football for the art of Counter Attacking football such as maintaining a narrow defensive line or Possession football such as high aggressive pressing.

Every little thing such as transfers, interactions, training can be bugged but THE MATCH ENGINE is the one thing I wish the devs can focus on.

A simulation football game where you cant even play a little bit like BAYERN, LIVERPOOL OR CITY with there effective press. Whats the point?

Edited by kingking

1 minute ago, kingking said:

But i watch football for the art of Counter Attacking football and Possession football.. at least get that right if NOTHING ELSE

I'm currently top of my league and I regularly have around 60% + possesion in most games. I've had a look through the top leagues in Europe (got them all on full detail at the moment, will change that when the game slows to a crawl) and it's really only the EPL where I'm seeing skewed numbers. Arsenal are top of the EPL (lol) but in a 2-0 home win v Norwich they had just 39% posession. Looked at home games for the likes of Inter and Barca in their leagues and the posession stats look more balanced. In the country I'm playing (Scotland), Celtic are top of the Premiership and are, like me in League 2, getting over 60% posession in most home games. 

2 hours ago, peven87 said:

I' m opening this topic because i think it is time FM22 to be closer to the real football.

I hope any of the creators to take a look on this and everyone of you who has the same opinion to do something to change it.

We can see in the real football that teams uses the same 11 players espesially on higher quality teams for the league matches and european matches every week and they are reraly rotaiting. On every FM we need 22 very simillar players to succeed. If you use a player on sunday and then on Wednesday the next sunday his condition heart would be orrange and in the middle. 

How many matches Sallah, De Bruyne, Messi(34 yold), Ronaldo(37yold), Alba, Modric Mbappe and much more players losses in a season?  They are playing at least the 90% of the games including League, CL and cup games.

I think it is still a bug on FM22 but playing one game per week most of my players have a red heart from the 60th min, 

To the point: FM creators has to modify their view about player's fatigue and game approach on this unreall FM reallity.

This is a great point and one that I think needs to be factored into the game.

Sports science has improved massively and alot of players are able to play 40+ games a season.

Defenders are a prime example, teams generally do not rotate their settled defence unless they have to.

Usually managers will sub an attacking player at 70mins+ but almost never the defense for fatigue reasons. Especially the center backs.

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm currently top of my league and I regularly have around 60% + possesion in most games. I've had a look through the top leagues in Europe (got them all on full detail at the moment, will change that when the game slows to a crawl) and it's really only the EPL where I'm seeing skewed numbers. Arsenal are top of the EPL (lol) but in a 2-0 home win v Norwich they had just 39% posession. Looked at home games for the likes of Inter and Barca in their leagues and the posession stats look more balanced. In the country I'm playing (Scotland), Celtic are top of the Premiership and are, like me in League 2, getting over 60% posession in most home games. 

Thats great so this should mean that the possession bug should be more easily fixed if it's only affecting one league.

The possession bug has been already reported so hopefully the devs can fix it for the next update.

I'll try and manage Barcelona or Real Madrid to test it

3 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

It could be your tactics :brock: but the ME is the same for you & the AI

Could be - I have posted something in the Tactics thread anyway, as it's getting pretty frustrating at this point.

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

You've opened yourself up to the 'it's your tactics' brigade mate. That's the only answer you'll get from here :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, no drama - just...frustrating. I've posted something in the tactics thread anyway, as it's pretty annoying losing 1-0 'all the time' at this point :lol:

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

Technically there is no rule that says you can't play those players 

Yea I don’t get the phobia of not playing anyone because their heart isn’t full green. It’s funny because it’s the reason SI went against numbers because players gave themselves a an unnecessary rule to not play a player under a certain %. Just because a player in real life played 40 games doesn’t mean he played all of those games without any fatigue.

Enjoying the game and the ME is growing on me minus the lack of dribbling. There is still a fetish for crossing but seeing a fair amount of goals come through the middle of the park. Hopefully SI take on board all the feedback and polish the ME in December so we get a complete game that is superior to the ME of fm21

What I am noticing is there is a lack of AI transfers activity compared to the beta. Big clubs were spending like crazy  in the beta but it now the market seems dead in full release. I mean Mbappe is on a free and no clubs have even offered him a contract

Saying that I was impressed that Newcastle took a swoop on Dejan Kulusevski and city bought dybala for peanuts but other than that haven't seen much big transfers and clubs are not if rarely coming in for my own players who I put up for sale

Edited by Metal

35 minutes ago, Tartarus said:

I tested it. The most expensive player in Beşiktaş is 16 million Euros. Young players are less, but the arithmetic average cannot be 45 million Euros.  I am insistent. There is definitely an obvious mistake in this section.  If you want, I would like you to test it and see the error.

Yes, I do believe you. I was just explaining a simple way to check this. I think you need to raise a bug. Having a quick look I can see when sorting on transfer values (which uses the lower figure) then

1. Besiktas Average player value is not 40 m euro. This appears to be a bug, the average appears to be lower than 7m euro even allowing for Miralem Pjanić on loan from Barcelona who has a transfer value of 38-62m Euro which does skew things

2. Fenerbahce have an average player value around 9m euro or lower

3. The league average player value is not 20m euro

I think the issue is to do with how this screen does the calculations behind it, its wrong. I dont think means other key elements of the game / player stats are wrong, just this screen 

8 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

My understanding of this is that facilities are now playing a more relevant role in the development of young players, which is the way it should be. 

8 hours ago, benhoward12 said:

Don’t think it’s a bug! Facilities and coaching now how a greater impact on development! Which is a good thing!! 

I agree that facilities should play a bigger role. Would be a great adjustment actually. 

But to see some of your youngster actually getting worse, instead of just making no progress, feels like a bug to me.
My best youngster has been playing almost full time since turning 16 and some key attributes are getting worse. 

Hope SI can shed some light on this in the coming weeks. 

Edited by Miek

23 dakika önce, MrPompey said:

Yes, I do believe you. I was just explaining a simple way to check this. I think you need to raise a bug. Having a quick look I can see when sorting on transfer values (which uses the lower figure) then

1. Besiktas Average player value is not 40 m euro. This appears to be a bug, the average appears to be lower than 7m euro even allowing for Miralem Pjanić on loan from Barcelona who has a transfer value of 38-62m Euro which does skew things

2. Fenerbahce have an average player value around 9m euro or lower

3. The league average player value is not 20m euro

I think the issue is to do with how this screen does the calculations behind it, its wrong. I dont think means other key elements of the game / player stats are wrong, just this screen 

Of course, we cannot say that the other statistics are wrong. It is surprising how such a small mistake was overlooked. I spoke unfairly, my messages were deleted.  I just want this status checked.  I don't think that other important statistics will be the basis of the game anyway (football player match statistics, etc.) I exaggerated the subject a little, my messages were deleted

1 minute ago, Miek said:

My best youngster has been playing almost full time since turning 16 and some key attributes are getting worse. 

There's a few reasons for this. Are the attributes actually decreasing or are you just seeing a few red arrows? Also, certain individual training or player traits can re-balance attributes. If you're training a player in a new position, this can also lead to rebalancing. 

Where I would be concerned is if the attributes are actually dropping in value for no discernable reason. If you feel that's happening, raise it in the bugs forum. 

6 minutes ago, Tartarus said:

Of course, we cannot say that the other statistics are wrong. It is surprising how such a small mistake was overlooked. I spoke unfairly, my messages were deleted.  I just want this status checked.  I don't think that other important statistics will be the basis of the game anyway (football player match statistics, etc.) I exaggerated the subject a little, my messages were deleted

Its a good spot. Have you raised a bug though in the bug forum? It wont get fixed here unfortunately

I've reported this as a bug but in my LLM save, as Conf South Oxford City, I got to the FA Trophy THIRD round. The board wanted me to get to the SECOND round. We enter in the second round automatically. The board have failed me on the objective because they think I got knocked out in the FIRST round - an impossibility.

Rather annoying bug since it impacts on how they're judging me. :( I'm overachieving, so I can get by, but if I wasn't I would dread for that to be the straw that broke the camels back. Anyone else in the lower leagues spotted this bug?

36 minutes ago, Miek said:

I agree that facilities should play a bigger role. Would be a great adjustment actually. 

But to see some of your youngster actually getting worse, instead of just making no progress, feels like a bug to me.

Hope SI can shed some light on this in the coming weeks. 

You need to look at the player current ability with an editor. Some of my players looked like they were declining but thier current ability had not changed. I tested this bug over two seasons. I dont think its anything to worry about. My players at a club with good facilities improved fine. With the poor facilities their development was very slow. Some players improved fine, others very slowly, some not at all. 

Not saying thier is not a bug, but to me it looks fine and maybe SI have slowed development down at clubs with poor facilities, and to me thats a good thing

Edited by wicksyFM

3 hours ago, TheArsenal63 said:

This is a great point and one that I think needs to be factored into the game.

Sports science has improved massively and alot of players are able to play 40+ games a season.

Defenders are a prime example, teams generally do not rotate their settled defence unless they have to.

Usually managers will sub an attacking player at 70mins+ but almost never the defense for fatigue reasons. Especially the center backs.

Out of interest, how do you approach training and rest?

I have not had a problem with conditioning or fatigue so far.  I tend to rest starting players the for 1 day after each game, and front load intensity on my training schedules so, as we approach matchday, the intensity is reduced (also meaning the most high intensity days are whilst my starting XI are resting).  I won the Premier League with Villa in the first season using only 19 players.  Granted, we didn't have European competition to worry about, but we still had those runs of multiple games in short succession.

Is there a way to turn off all the reports, analysis, emails from the inbox? Basically all the stuff that the club's "press officer" forwards to my inbox that just interrupts the gameplay? It's mostly mumbo-jumbo. And all the other things, is there a way to get things when you request them, not have them being pushed into my inbox constantly? 

50 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I hope something gets sorted with injuries, I'd be very much in favour of SI increasing the level so somewhere around 100% of real life. At least give us more training injuries to make it more of a challenge. 

And it's not just me, this is the injury table of the league I'm managing in. 

image.thumb.png.3d63452a84ec0f18a1c0526e10d0e1ce.png

I *think*, but haven't played enough with it yet, that the injuries for semi-pro teams are a bit low. Being in the lower Scottish teams, most teams would be semi-pro I assume? If so, please report this as a potential bug, and I'll see if I can add some to this when I get around to it.

2 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

You need to look at the player current ability with an editor. Some of my players looked like they were declining but thier current ability had not changed. I tested this bug over two seasons. I dont think its anything to worry about. My players at a club with good facilities improved fine. With the poor facilities their development was very slow. Some players improved fine, others very slowly, some not at all. 

Not saying thier is not a bug, but to me it looks fine and maybe SI have slowed development down at clubs with poor facilities, and to me thats a good thing

Players developed too quickly in FM21, it might just be a case of SI trying to find the sweet spot in FM so would be good for people to feedback, bearing in mind SI will almost certainly have been trying to tone down development and link it more to coaches and facilities

Frustratingly, some player values seem massively overinflated, with more than a page of my scout list valued at over £100m. In reality, there have been very few transfers that have got to that level and I seriously doubt that a lot of the players listed are worth anything close to their in-game value in real life.

For example, on my current save in season 2, Tammy Abraham at £110m-£140m. Calvert-Lewin at £130m-£160m, Aaron Ramsdale between £220m-£280m!!!

Edited by RobotAardvark
sloppy sentance structure