• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, DarJ said:

try letting the u18 manager do training and see if it lets you change it

Interesting. I did that and got

4885529_u18blank.jpg.5ffd3dc50073f42a0978344dde530d11.jpg

and no change, but then I set up a friendly which has unlocked the tactics screen for me.

However, managing the training is crucial to what I do. So I made the change to my choice of formation then took control of the training again.

I'll need to keep monitoring before every U18 game to see if the manager's changed it back - I guess he's really stubborn about using his choice (which is why I hired him).

Seems a flaw in the game that your junior manager refuses to allow you to manage!

Thanks though :thup:

I've been trying out the scouting methods shown in this video: 

And it's been going great except when searching for players by a few of the statistics like crosses completed per 90 or progressive passes per 90 you are seemingly locked into only a few figures. With the CR c/90 you can search for 0, 2, 4 etc per 90 but not odd numbers. The progressive passes per 90 only goes up to 2 which is really low, when the crosses completed one goes up to 20.
With some of the other stats you can manually enter a value, but not all of them and it's really bugging me. Is there something I'm missing, or is this just how it is?

11 minutes ago, StozzleB said:

Hi, where can I see the height and weight of players?

Well, I use a skin, but this should be the same everywhere.

In player's main profile page there are attributes - Technical, Mental, Physical - look at the bottom of that Physical column.

Also, in list (of names) views there is a "human pic" icon in front of each name. Hover your mouse over it, and it gives a same kind of attribute view (or window).

If hovering isn't working for you, it needs clicking, I think. That can be set up in Preferences.

preseason game using no squad numbers, so its 1-11 but my right winger is wearing 10 and my second striker is wearing 7 but i want them the other way round. have moved to different positions then to actual positions, have tried swapping directly but cant get it right?

3 hours ago, that\'s life said:

Now ive got FM23 is it ok to delete FM22/23 demo's  and all it's contents? Also same with FM18 will deleting these have any affects on my FM 23 ?

Deleting files from older versions, does not have an affect in new version (eg. FM23).

1 hour ago, fc.cadoni said:

Deleting files from older versions, does not have an affect in new version (eg. FM23).

Thank you i have deleted them and the game still works FM23. Can i now delete them from my re-cycle bin permanently?

Ever since the board announced the budget for the new season, i cant adjust budgets - "the board will not deal with any budget related request". I had hoped it would change on july 1st, but my 100k wage budget is still locked while having 7m in transferbudget.... I could double my wage budget...

Any idea how this will fix itself or how i can change it with the editor? im not in a takeover btw

Edited by eXistenZ

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2023 at 02:15, SuperSlappy said:

Is there anyway to have the league rules display the prize money for all positions rather than truncating it to only show promotion/relagation/Continental qualification?

image.thumb.png.d441d4144f6c2c2c55d727395c449777.png

Not that I’m aware 

On 22/01/2023 at 20:22, Kirwan24 said:

Is there anyway to purchase the FM22 PC gamepass edition or is it gone forever? I miss my save and didn’t purchase the game like an idiot 

You can’t anymore 

Is there a way to keep your staff from populating your squad planner with players from your shortlists?

I have some fairly large shortlists that I keep to help manage my scouting. When I go into the planner, it's full of shortlisted players and not worth the time or effort to unclick them. It looks like you can hide them, but (1) they are still on the list and (2) I can't find away to hide the players without also hiding my players out on loan that I would want to see.

Can someone enlighten me about the compensation rules on youngster transfers in England? I'm just plain confused. At times, i offer a 0€ transfer fee for a young player, and when i go to sign them, it shows a compensation amount that i have to pay. When other teams offer 0€ transfers for my youngsters and i accept and they sign, i get nothing. I've read on how it works in the real world, but it doesn't seem to be exactly the same in-game.

Any help appreciated, i want to make money from my youth teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Help I am trying to view my youth teams coaches to assign them a role and I don’t seem to be able to find an option. I click on under 18’s training and there is no option to assign coach ! Can do it for 1st team this way but non of my other sides ! 

2 hours ago, raybird said:

Help I am trying to view my youth teams coaches to assign them a role and I don’t seem to be able to find an option. I click on under 18’s training and there is no option to assign coach ! Can do it for 1st team this way but non of my other sides ! 

Go to our youth team, from the squad view, hover over the "training" drop down and select "Coaches", there you can select "Edit coaching assignments"

pD6alMK.png

So Enzo Fernandez got a 10 points upgrade on his total PA by getting in the plane in Lisbon to London for the sake of never winning a match again with his new team, the FM database-amazing Chelsea team (how can you profile/emulate reality of such a team disaster on the game???), in the meantime the rest of his former team, with very humble attributes (of course the one moving to the PL is the really good one, the others were crappy...), continues to win everything in the League and in the Champions League...

If you revert back to the original database after the update, some of the things have changed with the players as well. Its not totally the original database when you brought the game.

I had a player who can play in three positions, on the original database, on the update it now shows two positions,  When i load the original database it shows two there as well, when it should showing three.

35 minutes ago, The RawK said:

So Enzo Fernandez got a 10 points upgrade on his total PA by getting in the plane in Lisbon to London for the sake of never winning a match again with his new team, the FM database-amazing Chelsea team (how can you profile/emulate reality of such a team disaster on the game???), in the meantime the rest of his former team, with very humble attributes (of course the one moving to the PL is the really good one, the others were crappy...), continues to win everything in the League and in the Champions League...

If I'm not mistaken the update on player is made by the researcher for the club he left until the next version. So that update has likely been given by the researcher for Benfica, not for Chelsea.

Two Questions. 

If you sign a player and accept the transfer, but he is not granted a work permit, is there a way to tell if the next work permit application is likely to be successful? For example, if I loaned a player out for a season to a big league and want to see if the % chance changed over the year to be accepted.

If I promise a player to be played in a certain position and then I loan him out, will the player consider any time played on Loan as part of the promise?

I appreciate the help!

On 08/03/2023 at 20:27, fmhaha said:

How do I stop my wingbacks from running to the byline, stopping, turning back and passing back with their week foot?

Every. Single. Time.

Use Cross more often? Though personally I don't find it bad. It's what happens in real life too many times.

Questions about the "The Long-term aims of the club are:" promise. 

I am just starting in the English tier 6 and i am trying to sing with the promise that they want me to finish in the top half of tier 6 in my second year. With the idea that I will probably be promoted by the end of the second year, I decided to raise the promise to "gain promotion by the end of the year 2," the most ambitious I could do. However I noticed that demands were SUBSTANTIALLY raised by like 3x salary when I did this, I even tested it by going back and doing the negotiation twice over. My question is, why would the player raise his demands so much when I am giving a more ambitious promise for the team? Does the player just not think it is realistic? 

Question 2: I am assuming that if i get promoted out of tier 6 in year one, the promise of finishing in the top half in year two will be auto-completed, correct?

How can I be regularly informed about all events concerning a specific club (results, coaches, players, rumours, whatever).

Is the "follow-option" best here, or are there other options without including the respective competition in the screenflow?

Hi all,

I am in some desperate need of help.

A friend of mine has a salary issue with the contracts free agents.
For some reason the minimum salary demand is as high as his top earner, but without the 'become a top earner' promise.
This is happening with four different players, all free agents. Not one of them had the promise mentioned above.

For some reason (see images) he is not able to offer a lower wage than a set minimum. There is no locked, or semi-locked, option set for the wage demand.
His club is PEC Zwolle, from the Netherlands, playing in the second division. Playing time doesn't seem to be relevant either, since they accepted a regular starter role too.
They do not have the same agent, so there is not hate-relationship issue either.

I have been playing FM for years, and for the life of me I can not seem to figure out the issue. If you guys would help us get back to some peace of mind, that would be amazing.

Thanks <3

(pics are in Dutch, apologies. Let me know if you need translations).

77119hhlajna1.webp

gx051dklajna1.webp

lev3cxllajna1.webp

nlf4b5nlajna1.webp

vgkid7flajna1.webp

yonh8lolajna1.webp

1 hour ago, Faberbrembel said:

Hi all,

I am in some desperate need of help.

A friend of mine has a salary issue with the contracts free agents.
For some reason the minimum salary demand is as high as his top earner, but without the 'become a top earner' promise.
This is happening with four different players, all free agents. Not one of them had the promise mentioned above.

For some reason (see images) he is not able to offer a lower wage than a set minimum. There is no locked, or semi-locked, option set for the wage demand.
His club is PEC Zwolle, from the Netherlands, playing in the second division. Playing time doesn't seem to be relevant either, since they accepted a regular starter role too.
They do not have the same agent, so there is not hate-relationship issue either.

I have been playing FM for years, and for the life of me I can not seem to figure out the issue. If you guys would help us get back to some peace of mind, that would be amazing.

Thanks <3

(pics are in Dutch, apologies. Let me know if you need translations).

77119hhlajna1.webp

gx051dklajna1.webp

lev3cxllajna1.webp

nlf4b5nlajna1.webp

vgkid7flajna1.webp

yonh8lolajna1.webp

Some leagues have a minimum wage requirement for foreign players. Could that be the issue?

Is there a way for me to access "end of the season review" without a message in the inbox? Its December 2029 and the season has ended (playing with a Norwegian team) but didn't receive any "end of the season review" in my inbox.

Edit: Disregard, it came in later than usual for whatever reason.

Edited by JT

On 18/03/2023 at 09:37, Poison said:

Is there a way to tell when a player is interested again for a contract following a breakdown in discussions?

If the player has an agent, the next day I think you can talk to the agent and kind of apologise then you will get another chance immediately after that

40 minutes ago, DarJ said:

If the player has an agent, the next day I think you can talk to the agent and kind of apologise then you will get another chance immediately after that

Thanks mate.

On 13/03/2023 at 16:16, NiklasSWE said:

How do I change so that I don't get 80 scoutreports at the same time, could i change it to receive mor often with less reports?

Go to the Scouting Centre, and click on the cog icon towards the top right and there's a few options to change there.

7 hours ago, Blake Scully said:

Hi, I’m just wondering if I have started a save with the ‘prevent in-game editor’ box ticked when setting up can I override that decision now that the save has loaded or am I not ever able to use the editor?

You can't override that decision.