How do I...

On 05/07/2024 at 06:58, 7carnage7 said:

Is there a way to do player swap deals, with money as well? Or is that not a feature in the game?

Like a normal player offer, pick a fee and then select Add Clause > Player Exchange

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to sound odd and convoluted but is there a way to have a specific advertising campaign come up on the boards? I remember the Man V Fat one from a year or so ago and I want that one on for a video I'm making. 

On 17/07/2024 at 21:06, xSEARLEYx said:

That's because the laptop will be drawing more power when plugged in. However, the cooling system/fans can't keep up with the demand being put on them. Go into preferences and try to lower the graphical settings and maybe that will help. If you have an Nvidia Graphics card open the performance overlay during a match. Use this as a guide How to use the Nvidia GeForce Experience app's overlay features? (sportskeeda.com)

Then let us know what temperature your CPU and GPU are and we can see if it is actually overheating or not

Thanks buddy, as far as I can tell I have AMD GPUs. I'll try the preferences though.

5 hours ago, Uncle Adi said:

Thanks buddy, as far as I can tell I have AMD GPUs. I'll try the preferences though.

There will be a similar program for AMD, not sure what it's called though. Give it a google

It's currently 29 Sep 2025 in my save, Borussia Dortmund have transfer listed Moukoko who turns 21 on 20 Nov 2025. I have already signed 6 U21 players this season, so I could buy him at the end of the season but I don't want to wait, since he's only playing in their reserves team. My question is, will I be able to sign him in January? He will be 21 then but I'm not sure if the U21 rule would still apply to him?

Football Manager 2024 23.07.2024 15_10_11.png

EDIT: My transfer was cancelled because the player is 20, I fast-forwarded until January transfer window to see if I can sign him then and I can. So the answer is, the player needs to turn 21 first and then you can sign him. If he's 20 but will turn 21 before the transfer date, it will still count as a transfer of a U21 player.

Edited by Kapizak1 PL

• 4 weeks later...

"Rules" screen question: How do I expand the area in the red box so I can see prize money and info for each league position? I've been playing around with windowed mode and different text sizes, but I must be missing something. Do I need to download a custom skin? Thanks! (I've attached a pic of the J1 League, but every league's Rules screen looks like this for me.)

spacer.png

I've just been promoted with Accrington stanley to league 1, i have around 15k to spend in wages, yet whenever i make an offer for any free agent, the most i can offer is 800 pounds a week? is this a bug or can i somehow fix this? when offering players new deals, some players i can offer up to 2.3k per week, others max 800 pounds a week just like the free agents. Im using a custom database if this is somehow affecting it. i have never had this problem before

2 hours ago, Jono Cpfc said:

I've just been promoted with Accrington stanley to league 1, i have around 15k to spend in wages, yet whenever i make an offer for any free agent, the most i can offer is 800 pounds a week? is this a bug or can i somehow fix this? when offering players new deals, some players i can offer up to 2.3k per week, others max 800 pounds a week just like the free agents. Im using a custom database if this is somehow affecting it. i have never had this problem before

If you go to your finance screen and click on Wages --> Summary, near the bottom is a list of player types (Star, Important, Squad, Fringe, etc). At the far right of the table is the max allowed wage for each type. I believe this is set by the board and they are likely taking into account income/projected income and current balance sheet (just a guess here). With that information, are you offering different statuses to the 2.3k/wk players than to the 800/wk players?

16 hours ago, jwchriste said:

If you go to your finance screen and click on Wages --> Summary, near the bottom is a list of player types (Star, Important, Squad, Fringe, etc). At the far right of the table is the max allowed wage for each type. I believe this is set by the board and they are likely taking into account income/projected income and current balance sheet (just a guess here). With that information, are you offering different statuses to the 2.3k/wk players than to the 800/wk players?

I've just had a look, and every single one is capped at 900 pounds a week....... Pretty much everyone i go for has to be an important player and want around 1.5-2k a week, which is fine i will give it to them, but it wont let me!!!

9 hours ago, Jono Cpfc said:

I've just had a look, and every single one is capped at 900 pounds a week....... Pretty much everyone i go for has to be an important player and want around 1.5-2k a week, which is fine i will give it to them, but it wont let me!!!

Here the answer from Perplexity.

6 hours ago, adriendu51 said:

Hello, I'm currently in San Marino in 2045 and I wonder if newgens can ever become good? Thank you for your answers 

The San Marino challenge has been a long standing thing on the forums, it is difficult but there can be good players coming through.

Il y a 3 heures, santy001 a dit :

The San Marino challenge has been a long standing thing on the forums, it is difficult but there can be good players coming through.

I've had some good players but it's not enough to get results.

Angelo Disabato_ Profil-2.png

Federico Censoni_ Profil-6.png

Michele Di Marino_ Profil-6.png

On 23/08/2024 at 02:34, adriendu51 said:

Hello, I'm currently in San Marino in 2045 and I wonder if newgens can ever become good? Thank you for your answers 

Daveincid's "Realistic" pack includes a file that gives every nation a small chance of producing a wonderkid newgen.

Le 24/08/2024 à 08:17, phnompenhandy a dit :

Daveincid's "Realistic" pack includes a file that gives every nation a small chance of producing a wonderkid newgen.

This is possible even if the game has started?

On 27/12/2021 at 22:17, Booplayer said:

Hello!
It seems meaningless but believe me, I can't find how to avoid 'automatic' player's sustitutions during a match. It happened 3 times already and I can't find how to turn it off.

I'm new in Fotball Manager universe. Any suggestion?  
Thank you!

I've seen this happen when ingame tactics are set up & staff are responsible for tactics. I think it's a bug but one no one is interested in.

On 21/08/2024 at 11:38, Jono Cpfc said:

IMO - I suspect this is a combination of budgets and the total transfer cost for the year. Keep an eye on the bottom figures that show the real cost of the player in the year. Your biggest friends in any transfer that you can't afford is offering a percentage of the resale value and bonuses the player is unlikely to hit. If you have transfer money but low wages budget and can't move those amounts around then offer more upfront to the player in the form of a loyalty bonus. Also, this bonus can often be removed allowing you to maintain your transfer budget longer.

On 26/08/2024 at 20:24, Delicate Dave said:

IMO - I suspect this is a combination of budgets and the total transfer cost for the year. Keep an eye on the bottom figures that show the real cost of the player in the year. Your biggest friends in any transfer that you can't afford is offering a percentage of the resale value and bonuses the player is unlikely to hit. If you have transfer money but low wages budget and can't move those amounts around then offer more upfront to the player in the form of a loyalty bonus. Also, this bonus can often be removed allowing you to maintain your transfer budget longer.

it still makes no sense. i have 900k overall balance, ive signed 3 players on loan as thats all i can afford, all under 500 pounds a week, still have 13k budget to play around with.... and now the most i can sign a key player for is 550 a week!!! no one will sign a full time contract for that kinda money in league 1, even terrible players

11 hours ago, Jono Cpfc said:

it still makes no sense. i have 900k overall balance, ive signed 3 players on loan as thats all i can afford, all under 500 pounds a week, still have 13k budget to play around with.... and now the most i can sign a key player for is 550 a week!!! no one will sign a full time contract for that kinda money in league 1, even terrible players

Try a transfer where you remove everything except the wages. Or.. as FM24 is rubbish at maths - Can you send some unneeded players out on load with the loan club paying the 100% of the wages? if so the money saved will go into your wages budget. I've also released players who have no value to recover their wages depending on their contract.

How can I immediately search for players who have?

• Age between 18 and 21 years old
  • Height above 1.89m
  • Preferred foot left or right (optional)

This type of search shouldn't depend on scouts. Any club can access public databases with data from the country or tournament they are participating in. I imagine the game should have a way to search for basic information on all players in the same tournament we are participating in.

I don't want to depend on scouts to do my initial search for all players in the tournament I'm participating in who have these characteristics. This type of work shouldn't rely on the effort or time of the scouts.

How do I get direct head-to-head stats against other managers?

I know you can go into Schedule, highlight a fixture in the list, and click Previous Meetings to get head-to-heads for that team against the team you’re currently managing, but can you get the head-to-head stats against specific managers anywhere?

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Uncle Adi said:

How do I make non-league/lower leagues playable e.g. regional divisions in Germany?

You would have to either create the lower leagues in the pre-game editor, or, and I would recommend this, find some already created database. I think the Meistertreiner (spelling?) one usually is the best source for the German lower leagues. So either look in the Steam workshop or have a gander over at google and see what your find.,