• No
    • Undecided
    • Depends on Features

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too early to tell, but in the past my decisions have been linked to how my long term save goes in the past version. If I enjoy it - I continue to play it. I have skipped a year (or two) in the past versions. But if anything happens to the save (eg. I lose it or something like that) it's a strong incentive to buy the new version and try it out. However, I usually delay starting a new long term save on a new version in Spring, after winter update is available and most of the ME problems ironed out.

Yes but not at launch. I'll probably wait until after the last update but if the features are interesting and I see positive feedback about somethings I want fixed then I'll get it earlier

Edited by DarJ

I’m undecided.

I can’t really see there being anything groundbreaking coming feature wise, and while I’m enjoying 22, there are little things that annoy me so we’ll see where I am come October time.

yeh, there'll be no doubt i'll buy it.. i have multiple issues with FM22 that i really hope will be improved for '23. I have zero interest in new features, i just want to see existing ones improved/optimised.

plus the mates i play network saves with will all update too and i enjoy multiplayer more than any other mode.

2 minutes ago, vara said:

have multiple issues with FM22 that i really hope will be improved for '23.

I think looking at it like this leads to huge disappointment. Because fixing one thing always impacts something else sometimes negatively. With how good FM21 was you'd think FM22 would be way better but it's not.

I just look at the new games as a different game instead of looking at it as in improvement on the previous iteration

20 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I think looking at it like this leads to huge disappointment. Because fixing one thing always impacts something else sometimes negatively. With how good FM21 was you'd think FM22 would be way better but it's not.

I just look at the new games as a different game instead of looking at it as in improvement on the previous iteration

luckily that's your thought and not mine.

there are parts of 22 i think are better than 21. there are parts of 19 i think are better than 22. I know what i'm looking for, but like i said, i'll still buy it regardless.

12 minutes ago, vara said:

there are parts of 22 i think are better than 21. there are parts of 19 i think are better than 22

I 100% agree. I wasn't saying FM22 was bad, I meant to say it got worse in some aspect and better in some aspect. Depending on what you are looking for out of the game.

That's a good question, what they will add to the game. I was a fan of 21 and 22, but your right, all depends what you looking for in the game. How much with they add that will warrant enough to buy it.

I was impress with the processing of the game on 22, it was very quick, there were certain people who said it was on there old machines.

Having said that i will still end up buying it probably.

Honestly, undecided, which is a change for me.  I'm lucky enough that buying a copy isn't really a massive financial decision, so even though the game hasn't been fun for me for a long time, I can give it a go in the hope that that changes.  22 though has been probably the worst example of this (for me alone) so starting to wonder whether it's worth picking up 23.

I know I will end up doing so, and I know I'll probably end up feeling the same, but hey ho.

37 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

2,000 hours worth of entertainment/ frustration for £23, all day 

I was gonna add the "those are rookie numbers"-meme, but then I looked at my own numbers....

image.png.f3afb912e0c733f6ccaf68178b3e5d21.png

I can't really say that 8 hours more are elite, now can I? :p 

9 hours ago, XaW said:

I was gonna add the "those are rookie numbers"-meme, but then I looked at my own numbers....

image.png.f3afb912e0c733f6ccaf68178b3e5d21.png

I can't really say that 8 hours more are elite, now can I? :p 

It's only...

image.png.09653848b0a4b0d1b62f5bfa7b19733f.png

For me and it's still worth the purchase every year.

Honestly, I do enjoy the annual 'let's ask people if they're gonna buy the next FM so we can all get together and have a good moan about the state of the series' thread. As if the other various and numerous threads weren't enough. :onmehead:

No matter the little bugs and grievances, FM is a title with so much going for it that it's worth the purchase every year. Sometimes you need break - I had 2017 off - but that was me rather than the game.

Few other games come close to the level of value for money that FM produces.

And that's not to say we don't all have little things we want to see improved, changed, or just done away with. Still a grand game.

I think I already have all the tools needed in the game so I would like graphics overhaul to make the game more immersive. 

I mean, real 3D improvement, not like in recent years where you can barely even notice improvements, graphics are still stuck in early 2000s. 

That would maybe make me buy it

Edited by Marko1989

15 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Not a chance. I typically only buy every other year anyway (skipped 21 and 19) but I'm also highly reluctant to buy again until the Russia stuff has been sorted out.

Not intending to turn the thread into another about Russia, but I am of exactly the same mind. I suspect that the Russian league will be removed completely in FM23, although of course I might be wrong.

I'm in the same camp as others on here - there are so many niggly bugs and QOL issues in FM22 that I'm really just hoping that FM23 tidies all that up and vastly improves the ME.

Player interactions is also in dire need of a complete overhaul, but again I doubt if SI will ever get round to fixing this.

I'm hoping for no new "features" (which in reality are usually extra screens that add little to the game and most players end up ignoring anyway). But this seems to be something SI are quite fond of, so I fully expect to see a random new highly-touted "feature" advertised for FM23 that takes up way too much development time and leads to even more bugs, and the continued issues with the Club World Cup still being present.

Not sure, but probably. I usually pre-order every odd-numbered FM anyway (FM17 > FM19 > FM21), so I may well do the same with FM23, especially if the new features/improvements wow me enough.

I've not been that impressed with FM22, to be honest. The ME's better than FM21's in many respects, but there are some pretty big issues (e.g. poor AI squad-building, player reputation not growing fast enough, lower-league clubs often completing 90%+ of passes and/or out-possessing far better teams) that are putting me off starting a realistic long-term (or even medium-term) save.

I really hope SI can sort these issues out for FM23. Even so, the game is still great value for money.

10 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

I think I already have all the tools needed in the game so I would like graphics overhaul to make the game more immersive. 

I mean, real 3D improvement, not like in recent years where you can barely even notice improvements, graphics are still stuck in early 2000s. 

That would maybe make me buy it

Graphics don't make a game. I'd rather see SI spend time and money on other areas. The UI is my biggest grumble in the game and I've said a number of times that spending on a UI expert would be money well spent. In a complex game like FM you have to get the main workings of the game, like the UI, perfect before you should spend time making it look shiny.

Saying that, they could do with some new assets around the stadiums. The trees are sometimes so big I expect to see a Brontosaurus walk past.

42 minutes ago, anagain said:

Graphics don't make a game. I'd rather see SI spend time and money on other areas. The UI is my biggest grumble in the game and I've said a number of times that spending on a UI expert would be money well spent. In a complex game like FM you have to get the main workings of the game, like the UI, perfect before you should spend time making it look shiny.

Saying that, they could do with some new assets around the stadiums. The trees are sometimes so big I expect to see a Brontosaurus walk past.

Dont agree . Graphics are the soul of any game . Its the end product if this game 

34 minutes ago, anagain said:

Everything you do in the game, from transfers, to training, all the micromanagement, ends up on 3D/2D match. It must look nice. 

14 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Dont agree . Graphics are the soul of any game . Its the end product if this game 

Rimworld, Hero's Hour, Minecraft, Distant Worlds, Kingdoms and Castles.

Graphics are not the above and beyond in games. Above 5 are some games I love that don't go to all ends to look as graphically polished as other games.

1 hour ago, anagain said:

I agree, I think that AI squad management is so much more important that graphics that the two can't even be compared. I would love improved visuals, but functionality trumps it for me.

On 29/04/2022 at 16:32, rusty217 said:

Not a chance. I typically only buy every other year anyway (skipped 21 and 19) but I'm also highly reluctant to buy again until the Russia stuff has been sorted out.

Hope you can buy quick again then ;)

Nah.

I think 22 would suit me for another season to be honest. I don't see any value in buying the game annually anymore. 22 has so many bugs slipping through it is quite poor in that respect, and I can't say with confidence that they would be stamped out for 23. 

But then again, I'm not playing FM as keenly as I used to anyway, so that's the major reason really. 

UEFA has published a decision about participation of Russian clubs in 2022/23 season : https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/news/0275-150c9887cacb-882c686f407f-1000--uefa-decisions-for-upcoming-competitions-relating-to-the-ongoin/

Does it mean that FM 2023 will reflect the decision accordingly and will only ban Russian teams for one season or will continue banning them indefinitely?

The ban could be extended, but it should be done in a random manner and not hard-coded, similarly as it was done for Brexit case.

Yes. I'll be doing my usual this year again.

Buy the game, play the beta, can't deal with new bugs on full release, go back to previous year version, wait until patch, play again, can't deal with more bugs, go back. 

Rinse and repeat until final winter update.

2 hours ago, bsanchezb said:

reflect the decision accordingly and will only ban Russian teams for one season

The announcement doesn't say that. The specific measures announced are to clarify the position for the 22/23 season. The statement also says, "given the uncertainty as to when the suspension will be lifted" - in other words, the ban is still indefinite.

1 hour ago, warlock said:

The announcement doesn't say that. The specific measures announced are to clarify the position for the 22/23 season. The statement also says, "given the uncertainty as to when the suspension will be lifted" - in other words, the ban is still indefinite.

It does say that regarding a EURO 2028/32 Bid procedure, not the general participation of the clubs in UEFA tournaments. Which is logic, as Russia cannot apply to 2028/32 Euro while it is under a ban. But the participation of Russian teams in European competitions should not be hard-coded in the game. Even your quote says "when the suspension will be lifted", which means that tomorrow or later (could be 2, 5, 10 years or more) the suspension will be eventually lifted. It is not indefinite.

1 hour ago, bsanchezb said:

It is not indefinite

Sorry, but it is indefinite until a date for the end of the ban is announced. That's literally what 'indefinite' means - no end date has been defined.

I'll be buying FM23 as I have come to accept the annual release cycle. I would rather pay out the annual amount to make sure it keeps being made than risk Sega deciding it's not profitable and close down SI. 

Of course, that's because there is no competition. It's either FM or nothing. It will be interesting what the cost of living issues will have on the price/sales, I'd hope for a reduced price as an incentive for higher sales but I guess marketing people will have formulae for that kind of thing.

Not if SI are greedy and hard code the adboards so i cant have my wonderful club banners pack, makes the stadiums look great and gives every club a unique feel. Please do not do it SI you will ruin my experience for life of the game. 

Ive bought every FM ever and played since CM. But now Im seriously done, im not supporting this anymore. I will give 23 a miss, or at least hold on and see if there is massive improvments all over, from QoL to ME, interface, and the techniqual issues sorted. The ME in 22 is slightly better than last year. but that doesnt say much, the ME in FM21 was so bad. 

I'm old and struggle to think of Christmas presents my long-suffering wife can get me.  This is ideal so I'm guessing I will get this just before Christmas and start playing after when I've reached a suitable place to finish the previous save.

5 hours ago, Parmie said:

I'll be buying FM23 as I have come to accept the annual release cycle. I would rather pay out the annual amount to make sure it keeps being made than risk Sega deciding it's not profitable and close down SI. 

Of course, that's because there is no competition. It's either FM or nothing. It will be interesting what the cost of living issues will have on the price/sales, I'd hope for a reduced price as an incentive for higher sales but I guess marketing people will have formulae for that kind of thing.

The fact it takes to about half of its cycle to reduce in price says it still does well for Sega regardless. As you said, theres no competition so it's still like printing money. 

I do kind of wish there wasn't much pressure, self inflicted or not, on SI to consistently have to have a dozen new features every year.

22 minutes ago, ExeChris said:

I'm old and struggle to think of Christmas presents my long-suffering wife can get me.  This is ideal so I'm guessing I will get this just before Christmas and start playing after when I've reached a suitable place to finish the previous save.

A voucher for a weeks worth of peace n quiet usually suffices as a christmas present from my wife :lol:

Yes. Skipped 22 because I bought 21. But I do want to try the WCB and the data hub which I hope will also be better in 23 although as I have not tried both, I won't know if is it better or not. Either way, I will be buying it and would like to test the pre release if I can.