[FM23][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

Been playing with using buttons to make ‘pop ups’ - in as such as they don’t have the same size as the box that they were previously in. As seen here:

image.thumb.png.018d6363d8baccfbacf08f0b31e16e3a.png

Both the data hub and the notes take up two vertical boxes, each. The data can be closed with the little ‘x’ icon and the notes can be by clicking the notebook icon, which is a permanently held at the top. 

I like it!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Been playing with using buttons to make ‘pop ups’ - in as such as they don’t have the same size as the box that they were previously in. As seen here:

image.thumb.png.018d6363d8baccfbacf08f0b31e16e3a.png

Both the data hub and the notes take up two vertical boxes, each. The data can be closed with the little ‘x’ icon and the notes can be by clicking the notebook icon, which is a permanently held at the top. 

I like it!

I really like this... don't worry about what i'd said previously... hadn't fully looked at it... oops

ed484113610aaf34465e2d168e6d8a32.png

Been wanting to add some extra things to the profile without cluttering it any more than necessary. I've decided that adding 'hidden buttons' would be the best way, creating a pop up that you can see a video of, here. Below are the stills from that.

bfc8d6f35101a5bd91b9a72fbded89d7.png

9fd42f0f229423883832fbc962560383.png

885e3510b0e77c0d60eab7d06a021f23.png

----

274c88dcf0cf6eda26b5b931f4332b53.png

3ed3fc1c8b885bea62d464979312415a.png

Also added 'hidden buttons' on the pros/cons panel and on the value 'tag' that bring up the above panels.

d945a746b2de293bc407253b476f7c07.png

I've also changed the mini-comparison up a little bit and then fixed the medical info on the top right.

Edited by _Ben_

hace 15 horas, _Ben_ dijo:

ed484113610aaf34465e2d168e6d8a32.png

Been wanting to add some extra things to the profile without cluttering it any more than necessary. I've decided that adding 'hidden buttons' would be the best way, creating a pop up that you can see a video of, here. Below are the stills from that.

bfc8d6f35101a5bd91b9a72fbded89d7.png

9fd42f0f229423883832fbc962560383.png

885e3510b0e77c0d60eab7d06a021f23.png

----

274c88dcf0cf6eda26b5b931f4332b53.png

3ed3fc1c8b885bea62d464979312415a.png

Also added 'hidden buttons' on the pros/cons panel and on the value 'tag' that bring up the above panels.

d945a746b2de293bc407253b476f7c07.png

I've also changed the mini-comparison up a little bit and then fixed the medical info on the top right.

Amazing!!

New font, who dis?

2755b38889711d10cf045b86f8519cde.png

I've been longing to move away from the in-built Champions League font for some time now. 

It will give me much more freedom in creating a design that feels unique but I also wanted to sit and take some time to work out what kind of stuff I wanted presented in capitals and what I wanted in lower case. This afternoon, I've gone through the vast majority of the player and staff panels and worked through what I want to change. It does, however, mean my attribute descriptors (not even used by me for a while) are now officially out of date and may not even be kept within my skin.

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

New font, who dis?

2755b38889711d10cf045b86f8519cde.png

I've been longing to move away from the in-built Champions League font for some time now. 

It will give me much more freedom in creating a design that feels unique but I also wanted to sit and take some time to work out what kind of stuff I wanted presented in capitals and what I wanted in lower case. This afternoon, I've gone through the vast majority of the player and staff panels and worked through what I want to change. It does, however, mean my attribute descriptors (not even used by me for a while) are now officially out of date and may not even be kept within my skin.

@_Ben_ I like the idea of moving away from the UCL font, not sure if the font looks a little too squished together? (could just be my view from the screen grab)... really liking the recent changes though... I was wondering how do you differ the player positions from natural to accomplished etc?

13 hours ago, SAMiles said:

@_Ben_ I like the idea of moving away from the UCL font, not sure if the font looks a little too squished together? (could just be my view from the screen grab)... really liking the recent changes though... I was wondering how do you differ the player positions from natural to accomplished etc?

It is quite a narrow typeface but I prefer that and I'm coming from the UCL font that is also one. The font is called Francophil Sans - as you can see below - and it also has the special characters so Icelandic names can work! I particularly like the numbers in this one.

1286f623211b89cae02ef1999db400f7.png

It's actually quite a simple Find/Replace in Notepad++ to get the font changed though.

---

As for your second question..

like the ambiguity between natural/accomplished but I've made some changes since my last release where you can use a hidden button on the player position to bring up this:

15d701b2d773e1a953acc82319875486.png

From there you can see the side preference and whether they are natural/accomplished etc.

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

It is quite a narrow typeface but I prefer that and I'm coming from the UCL font that is also one. The font is called Francophil Sans - as you can see below - and it also has the special characters so Icelandic names can work! I particularly like the numbers in this one.

It's actually quite a simple Find/Replace in Notepad++ to get the font changed though.

---

like the ambiguity between natural/accomplished but I've made some changes since my last release where you can use a hidden button on the player position to bring up this:

From there you can see the side preference and whether they are natural/accomplished etc.

i quite like it... i doubt theres many that can be clear and can do the icelandic names, I like the changes for the player position... can't remember if the part from date of birth to transfer status are hard coded or are they adjustable in the xml files?

34 minutes ago, SAMiles said:

i quite like it... i doubt theres many that can be clear and can do the icelandic names, I like the changes for the player position... can't remember if the part from date of birth to transfer status are hard coded or are they adjustable in the xml files?

They used to be, yes. But I could never find a way to stop them from resetting every so often so they are now fixed. That's certainly helped with the use of buttons there, as I don't think it'd be possible otherwise.

23 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

---

Will you release this skin? i really love it :)

1 hour ago, pacez said:

Will you release this skin? i really love it :)

If you read the thread called 'Statman' - the name of my skin - you'll see that I took it down from public use. Since then, I've had a storm of new ideas and began to really enjoy the process again. I'm not saying it'll never be released, but I wouldn't count on it in the short term. Sorry.

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

If you read the thread called 'Statman' - the name of my skin - you'll see that I took it down from public use. Since then, I've had a storm of new ideas and began to really enjoy the process again. I'm not saying it'll never be released, but I wouldn't count on it in the short term. Sorry.

Alright, cheering for you :)

Edited by pacez

41 minutos atrás, _Ben_ disse:

Needs a tidy and then putting back into a button somewhere but the thing nobody knew they needed: team stats comparisons all in one place!

4593d0f263d336bb5771855545479c16.png

What do you think?!

This is quite impressive and unbelievably fantastic. One of those screens you don't know you need until you know it's possible.

I understand and respect the issue of not publicly releasing a new Statman, but would it be too difficult to implement such a screen for personal use? Where is a good way to start, please? I'm willing to try and learn.

34 minutes ago, lugui said:

This is quite impressive and unbelievably fantastic. One of those screens you don't know you need until you know it's possible.

I understand and respect the issue of not publicly releasing a new Statman, but would it be too difficult to implement such a screen for personal use? Where is a good way to start, please? I'm willing to try and learn.

It's been an absolute nightmare, truth be told!

So I've got a box with loads of these in:

<container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" priority="1">
			<!-- CCS_FORM -->
			<container class="competition_team_stats_panel" file="competition/competition team stats panel small 1" id="team1" type="5" priority="1" />
		</container>

<!-- CCS_FORM -->
			<container class="competition_team_stats_panel" file="competition/competition team stats panel small 2" id="sta12" type="54" priority="1" />
		</container>

<!-- CCS_FORM -->
			<container class="competition_team_stats_panel" file="competition/competition team stats panel small 2" id="sta13" type="55" priority="1" />
		</container>

Panel 1 is the one that has just the league pos, name and manager of the team. I searched long and hard to find the code to get this default sorted by team name - so that everything lines up. The widget looks like this:

Spoiler

<!-- Table showing the data-->
		<widget class="object_list_table" id="stat" mode="hide_headings, stripe_rows, no_scrolling" row_height="35" fixed_size_rows="true" row_spacing="0">

<integer id="default_sort_column" value="Ttea"/>

<list id="column_table_properties">

<!-- Position -->
				<record id="Tpos" width="40">
				<record id="widget_info" alignment="left,centre_y" size="11"/>
				</record>

<!-- Team badge-->
				<record id="badg" width="28">
					<record id="widget_info" class="object_portrait_picture" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre" wants_mouse_events="true" clickable="true" />
				</record>
				<!-- Team name -->
				<record id="Ttea" width="-1" dont_set_object="true" left="15" hidden="false">
					<record id="widget_info" class="team_button" icon_enabled="false" />
				</record>

<!-- Manager -->
				<record id="TMnR" width="-1">
				</record>

<!-- Short stat value -->
				<record id="csSS" width="90" right="10">
					<record id="widget_info" class="text" size="large" style="semi_bold" alignment="centre_x,centre_y" />
				</record>
			</list>

<record id="viewed_property_ids">
				<record id="Tpos" />
				<record id="badg" />
				<record id="Ttea" />
				<record id="TMnR" />		

<record id="csSS" alignment="centre_x,centre_y"/>
			</record>
		</widget>

Then panel 2 is the one that just shows the actual stat and ranking:

Spoiler
		<widget class="object_list_table" id="stat" mode="headings,stripe_rows,no_scrolling" row_height="35" fixed_size_rows="true" row_spacing="0">

<record id="csSS" width="40">
					<record id="widget_info" class="text" size="large" style="semi_bold" alignment="left,,centre_y" />
				</record>

<!-- Ranking -->
				<record id="csRS" width="30">
					<record id="widget_info" class="sortable_text" size="large" colour="statman" style="semi_bold" alignment="left,centre_y" />
				</record>

<!-- Team name -->
				<record id="Ttea" width="30" dont_set_object="true" hidden="false">
				</record>

</list>

<record id="csSS" alignment="left,centre_y" />
				<record id="csRS" alignment="left,centre_y" />
				<record id="Ttea" />
			</record>
		</widget>

Again, I had a nightmare trying to hide the team name.

---

I've ran into all sorts of problems getting the things to work - at one point, I had three duplicate teams and not the team I managed and that was down to showing the Heading, of all things! It doesn't look great for the Champions League, for example and also does not yet have a scroll box (enabling scrolling would mean each box would then scroll by itself and I don't want that). The key is setting the the id to be different in each of the comp panels and then going through competition team stats detailed.xml to find the 'type' that you want.

Good luck! Drop me a PM if you're stuck.

EDIT: I'm just showing names and no stats here and you can see that I'm still having issues with alignment:

a5bb800def539262b6c3d2e991359847.png

Edited by _Ben_

7 minutos atrás, _Ben_ disse:

It's been an absolute nightmare, truth be told!

So I've got a box with loads of these in:

<!-- CCS_FORM -->
			<container class="competition_team_stats_panel" file="competition/competition team stats panel small 1" id="team1" type="5" priority="1" />
		</container>

<!-- CCS_FORM -->
			<container class="competition_team_stats_panel" file="competition/competition team stats panel small 2" id="sta12" type="54" priority="1" />
		</container>

<!-- CCS_FORM -->
			<container class="competition_team_stats_panel" file="competition/competition team stats panel small 2" id="sta13" type="55" priority="1" />
		</container>

Panel 1 is the one that has just the league pos, name and manager of the team. I searched long and hard to find the code to get this default sorted by team name - so that everything lines up. The widget looks like this:

Mostrar conteúdo oculto

<widget class="object_list_table" id="stat" mode="hide_headings, stripe_rows, no_scrolling" row_height="35" fixed_size_rows="true" row_spacing="0">

<!-- Position -->
				<record id="Tpos" width="40">
				</record>

<!-- Team badge-->
				<record id="badg" width="28">
					<record id="widget_info" class="object_portrait_picture" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre" wants_mouse_events="true" clickable="true" />
				</record>
				<!-- Team name -->
				<record id="Ttea" width="-1" dont_set_object="true" left="15" hidden="false">
				</record>

<!-- Manager -->
				<record id="TMnR" width="-1">
				</record>

<record id="csSS" width="90" right="10">
					<record id="widget_info" class="text" size="large" style="semi_bold" alignment="centre_x,centre_y" />
				</record>
			</list>

<record id="Tpos" />
				<record id="badg" />
				<record id="Ttea" />
				<record id="TMnR" />		

<record id="csSS" alignment="centre_x,centre_y"/>
			</record>
		</widget>

Then panel 2 is the one that just shows the actual stat and ranking:

Mostrar conteúdo oculto
		<widget class="object_list_table" id="stat" mode="headings,stripe_rows,no_scrolling" row_height="35" fixed_size_rows="true" row_spacing="0">

<record id="csSS" width="40">
					<record id="widget_info" class="text" size="large" style="semi_bold" alignment="left,,centre_y" />
				</record>

<!-- Ranking -->
				<record id="csRS" width="30">
					<record id="widget_info" class="sortable_text" size="large" colour="statman" style="semi_bold" alignment="left,centre_y" />
				</record>

<!-- Team name -->
				<record id="Ttea" width="30" dont_set_object="true" hidden="false">
				</record>

</list>

<record id="csSS" alignment="left,centre_y" />
				<record id="csRS" alignment="left,centre_y" />
				<record id="Ttea" />
			</record>
		</widget>

Again, I had a nightmare trying to hide the team name.

---

I've ran into all sorts of problems getting the things to work - at one point, I had three duplicate teams and not the team I managed and that was down to showing the Heading, of all things! It doesn't look great for the Champions League, for example and also does not yet have a scroll box (enabling scrolling would mean each box would then scroll by itself and I don't want that). The key is setting the the id to be different in each of the comp panels and then going through competition team stats detailed.xml to find the 'type' that you want.

Good luck! Drop me a PM if you're stuck.

Thanks for sharing. Definitely a big challenge for my knowledge.  :)

Some points I didn't fully understand, but I'll sit down in the next few days and try to give this a go, for sure. I will certainly have questions, thanks for your availability.

Again, fantastic addition to the game experience.

52 minutes ago, lugui said:

Again, fantastic addition to the game experience.

Thanks. Decided to make a few amendments to fit more stats in and thus for it to take up more room. 

148f3c412cf468e3012c6e05178ffb26.gif

Possibly my most important creation for the premise of the statistical element of Statman for some time!

58c30beecd54fb8d04038cac0ceb94f7.png

16 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Thanks. Decided to make a few amendments to fit more stats in and thus for it to take up more room. 

148f3c412cf468e3012c6e05178ffb26.gif

Possibly my most important creation for the premise of the statistical element of Statman for some time!

58c30beecd54fb8d04038cac0ceb94f7.png

It fits the theme of your skin, so good work :)

How much are you using this yourself ? or has it reached a point where adding/changing stuff just for the heck of it

8 minutes ago, snowofman said:

It fits the theme of your skin, so good work :)

How much are you using this yourself ? or has it reached a point where adding/changing stuff just for the heck of it

I absolutely use it - stats are integral to how I play and doing this, as well as any change I make to my skin, has always been about improving the playing experience for me. 

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I absolutely use it - stats are integral to how I play and doing this, as well as any change I make to my skin, has always been about improving the playing experience for me. 

Then it's super, i was just curious :) sometimes we do things and then reaslise that we might not use it as much as we thought.. maybe thats just me :D 

You know i enjoy watching your thoughts comes to life and i only ask questions as a mean of sticking a finger in the ground.

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

LOVE THIS

I've been feeling inspired/had too much time on my hands today. I've been thinking a lot about the attribute labels and what they bring to the skin. I don't want to delete them as they took a lot of time and thinking, so I've done this:

1aa7aea3ab6f8eb759d5b97f8c70a590.png

I've added them as an addition to the selector panel and removed the buttons that clicked between them. For me - it's easier on the eye. But, in the most useful move for me - I've done this:

392272a8640d084282cea3d2fa04a1be.png

A little button in the training area of my top right box opens this in a bigger area. It means I can see all of the strengths and weaknesses of my player but then also a nice visual that uses octagons to show their additional training areas. It currently has an average of the three attributes that make each of these up so that, in future, I can monitor the development of each area and maybe even create a note to track progress.

I'm about to close down all skinning activity for a week or so and get on with playing! Would love to get some feedback on any of the areas I've built in the last few days...

image.thumb.png.ae1f3d09a8918c913cb3f1eafa5d0b57.png

Not the sexiest by any means but wanted a bit more to show on the social feed needs more life adding to it (few failed ideas wanted a transfer rumours panel, then I tried a "trending list" with link_buttons which I couldn't get to work. Settled on this for now may try and play about see what I can get reported in each continent but for now this is what I have settled for, and some changes to the continents panel again not the sexiest but somewhat more useful

image.thumb.png.3037b06b73b5c938eea9871352c49867.png

Edited by JustHowie

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

@hyrule_king - do you just create a new skin every day? There are also several elements of this that are clearly taken directly from other skins without any mention of that.

As far as i know, he's just showcasing his progress as personal skin and have no plans on releasing it.
I agree that a mention or ask is a better approach. But not everything can be traced back, unless it's very specific.. 

We all use "some" things from other skins in one way or another without mention.. some of those things may be removed later on or changed to suit the skin in a better way.. i've done it, you've done it.

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

@hyrule_king - do you just create a new skin every day? There are also several elements of this that are clearly taken directly from other skins without any mention of that.

I like to just have a mess around with my skins, most of these are personal skins in which I use others panels that I like, i don't share them out. 

I just find some other skins there is just too much going on. This is how I like my skins to be, it gets boring having the same look all the time for me personally.

There is also a lot of elements that will be the same as other skins , not really much I can do about that , on another note I like creating new graphics to try out as well. 

You can just scroll past my posts, I tend too scroll past some of yours as I don't really understand a lot of what you do.

25 minutes ago, snowofman said:

As far as i know, he's just showcasing his progress as personal skin and have no plans on releasing it.

As far as i know, he's just makes chaotic changes to a randomly selected skin, each time is different, and there is no talk of creating your own skin :D

1 minute ago, snowofman said:

if thats what he likes, then it's what he likes.

Don't worry about it. I enjoy making them how I do and am just showing others what I am doing , if they don't like it I really couldn't care less. 

It is nice however seeing people progress on here and the ones that help keep this community thriving. If you don't help , others will just give up and not create something like GIMN or Just have done.

19 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

I like to just have a mess around with my skins, most of these are personal skins in which I use others panels that I like, i don't share them out. 

I just find some other skins there is just too much going on. This is how I like my skins to be, it gets boring having the same look all the time for me personally.

There is also a lot of elements that will be the same as other skins , not really much I can do about that , on another note I like creating new graphics to try out as well. 

You can just scroll past my posts, I tend too scroll past some of yours as I don't really understand a lot of what you do.

I didn’t mean it as a dig. I was asking, and maybe not in the right way or about a subject that has anything to do with me, whether you feel you’re ‘developing your skills’ or it’s just a process of remaking and remaking because you feel can’t quite get what you want right. 

3 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I didn’t mean it as a dig. I was asking, and maybe not in the right way or about a subject that has anything to do with me, whether you feel you’re ‘developing your skills’ or it’s just a process of remaking and remaking because you feel can’t quite get what you want right. 

No it's fine, you caught me on a bad day. 

I just like to try things out and be a bit experimental, I don't have an end goal , I backup ones I like there try something new after that. 

I don't have any coding history behind me , so trying to pick up the basics of the xml code took me a while. But I have always been a bit more graphically driven , so creating new boxes etc is a bit of fun for me.

1 hour ago, hyrule_king said:

No it's fine, you caught me on a bad day. 

I just like to try things out and be a bit experimental, I don't have an end goal , I backup ones I like there try something new after that. 

I don't have any coding history behind me , so trying to pick up the basics of the xml code took me a while. But I have always been a bit more graphically driven , so creating new boxes etc is a bit of fun for me.

Keep doing what you're doing it's all a learning process. I enjoy when you send me your new designs and fixes and when I compare it to when we first spoke you've come on leaps and bounds