*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

28 minutes ago, anagain said:

Can't think of a better place to ask. I had a small FM23 update today but no information on what it was. It's not workshop.

Any mods/staff know?

Little hotfix?

are you sure it isn't just steam syncing your files to the cloud?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, DarJ said:

are you sure it isn't just steam syncing your files to the cloud?

It should do that when I close down the game. Had steam on for hours after playing FM last.

Also seem to have 0 bytes stored on cloud. I only use the one computer for FM.

image.png.f5b4dfd53dbfc31324a8e5743029513e.png

Can't really blame SI if Valve don't do enough to inform users what's downloaded, of course. Maybe it's a Steam thing.

Just nothing to explain size or what's downloaded. If it was a patch someone would surely have said something by now. Probably one of those strange occurances Steam has of random updates. I've had it before

1 hour ago, fmhaha said:

Every time a striker is about to shoot in any kind of 1v1 the defender comes out of from nowhere to stick his leg out and you get that high ball the keeper collects

They added one new animation and I'm sick of seeing it 10000 times

I saw it a fair bit before the update. The ball was guaranteed to loop into the keepers hands 99% of the time.

Hardly see it at all now. See a fair few blocks as you'd expect to in real life. At least now the ball sometimes is deflected onto the post, out for a corner, into another player. It's very realistic currently

Edited by Domoboy23

I have missed around 9 penalties this season (not even half way through yet)  which I find so unrealistic! It's just not me, but the AI are missing quite a few too.. it has been like this since the release!? It's never been this bad in previous FM's!

2 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

I saw it a fair bit before the update. The ball was guaranteed to loop into the keepers hands 99% of the time.

Hardly see it at all now. See a fair few blocks as you'd expect to in real life. At least now the ball sometimes is deflected onto the post, out for a corner, into another player. It's very realistic currently

Agree, seems odd to say it but the thing I've appreciated in the new update is the much improved way moves break down in terms of variety. Blocked crosses used to drive me crazy with that and watching numerous wasteful corners but now its much more watchable due to the unpredictability. 

23 hours ago, Sanel said:

My players don't have many injuries and I don't mind the injuries either. I think it's more important than before to have a full depth squad. I aim for 20+ players, for every position at least 2 back-ups and when scouting I look for versatile players. Wingbacks that can play left and right or allround midfielders.

Oh sure, squad depth is important, but this is during France's 1 week winter break and as I pointed out it's a nonsense injury based on what was actually happening. Agree injuries are an important part of the game, but when there is no rhyme or reason to them vis-a-vis training it makes for a poorer simulation IMHO.

In matches for sure, hard challenges, if you use get stuck in, playing Stoke type teams, etc... for sure, but the total randomness to them in training is stupid.

4 hours ago, anagain said:

Can't think of a better place to ask. I had a small FM23 update today but no information on what it was. It's not workshop.

Any mods/staff know?

Little hotfix?

• SI Staff

Hey everyone, we have just have released a minor update which addresses the issue with loading specific save files after the 23.3 update.

The Minor Update is now live on Steam, Epic, Windows Store, Xbox and PS5. The update will arrive on Apple Arcade and Nintendo Switch at a later date.

1 hour ago, jmeast said:

I have missed around 9 penalties this season (not even half way through yet)  which I find so unrealistic! It's just not me, but the AI are missing quite a few too.. it has been like this since the release!? It's never been this bad in previous FM's!

missing lots of pens since the update. Ivan Toney has missed 3 out of 4.

27 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

Oh sure, squad depth is important, but this is during France's 1 week winter break and as I pointed out it's a nonsense injury based on what was actually happening. Agree injuries are an important part of the game, but when there is no rhyme or reason to them vis-a-vis training it makes for a poorer simulation IMHO.

In matches for sure, hard challenges, if you use get stuck in, playing Stoke type teams, etc... for sure, but the total randomness to them in training is stupid.

Yeah after 15+ years FM I changed my mindset and just deal with it. Injuries were always a topic for discussion but it's for sure been worse. I think larger squads are realistic as well. I think most Bundesliga irl teams take this very serious, as their competition has/had a higher intensity.

11 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

*Waits for people to accuse the new minor hotfix update that doesn't go anywhere near the ME of being a new ME* :D

It's inevitable... ;) 

26 minutes ago, CarlSaunders said:

missing lots of pens since the update. Ivan Toney has missed 3 out of 4.

Since my last post I've had 1 more penalty and guess what... IT WAS MISSED!! This is actually game breaking?? How can they/SI not see how many penalties are being missed???

4 minutes ago, jmeast said:

Since my last post I've had 1 more penalty and guess what... IT WAS MISSED!! This is actually game breaking?? How can they/SI not see how many penalties are being missed???

It might just be bad luck. 2 out of the last 15 in my league were missed. The conversion rate should be around 80% (either a little above or under it, depending on which version/update you're on) but definitely don't use the same player if you have one who keeps missing.

32 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It might just be bad luck. 2 out of the last 15 in my league were missed. The conversion rate should be around 80% (either a little above or under it, depending on which version/update you're on) but definitely don't use the same player if you have one who keeps missing.

Im on the latest patch, Hunter. Saka missed three in a row so I switched it to Jorginho and he missed! Just had a pen in the Europa league and I scored that one. I've missed loads though :-(

Just now, Mobius said:

Too many injuries.

I'm sure many teams in real life will say the same.

Injuries need increasing. Not decreasing.

Having to blood a 17 year old because your striker has broken his tibia is Football. Having to rethink and change your entire approach because your star player is out fir 7 months with no ligaments left is Football.  Signing a player you've had your eye on for 4 seasons for a club record fee of 10m and then his head exploding on the first day of training and having to retire... that's Football. It's beautiful.

My only issue with the ME currently is the defensive behaviour of wide midfielders. Absolutely zero urgency to track back! Generally this so far is the best version of the ME this series. 
but wide players are killing me so much 

Honestly t this point the game feels most like "whoever goalkeepers ****s up the least wins".

Which in partly true to real life, but its just so apparent in every game. If i win, the opposing goalie has a 6.4 or below. If i lose, my goalie does the same. you can lose and still have a good goalkeeping performance irl, but tht doesnt seem to be the case in fm

Edited by eXistenZ

3 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Too many penalties being missed since the update, too many for it to be coincidental IMO, definite change or knock-on has happened here.

I don't see it in my game, but if you do, please report it in the bug tracker.

This is what I see:

OijLZau.png

Not many misses at all.

I think the beta version of the match engine was the best version for this season’s game. This match engine seems a joke. Whilst there is more variety, it is just not realistic at all. I just beat Man City 5-0 with Leeds. It was a fairly standard pressing 4-4-2 setup. We were the better team. Enzo Le Fee was the only player not at the club in real life. There is no way that the game should have played out like that.

On a separate note, I really hate the UI and think it takes too many clicks to get where you want to go. I hope it has a major revamp next season. It is time the graphics have a major overhaul too, they seem to have gone backwards. 

The low Striker ratings is really killing the will to continue to play. I know I should ignore the rating itself (like with the dm's for the past few years, at least they weren't this low) but it's just making it harder to tell if the player is having an off day and then ruins the immersion with the media questions of why is he so bad and why I didn't take him off. I've even spent some time tinkering to try and reduce the chances of them going for headers but with a poor team it's impossible to stop them just lumping it clear

Edited by Senak

guessing i missed the board message at the end of the season, but I can't upgrade youth facilities even tho they are "superb" and training is state of the art. It's a save started before the winter patch, and, I can't upload save as I'm 6 months in and only just noticed...   am i just unlucky or is this a wider thing? 

2028, managin liverpool, finances are not a problem

Edited by rinso

11 minutes ago, ostkiz said:

After years I still doubting , is the height taking in consideration  in the headers?¿ cause kante in two games destroy soucek and this doesn't look really realistic.

thanks

Jumping Reach but many different attributes come into play in 1v1 headers and they're not always 50/50

I’m experiencing the injury thing in a big way also. I’ve had two players break bones ( leg and ribs), and a cruciate ligaments injury in the space of 4 weeks.

Injuries happen but these are keeping my players out for a long time. I’m all for reoccurring minor injuries if not managed properly, but I’ve had some serious injuries in such short space of time. 
will monitor it but thought I’d chime in on my experience. 

I don't really have an issue with injuries. My problem is hitting the posts too much, we have hit the top post 28 times in 8 league games and hit a post 52 times in total. thats 6-7 times a game thats too high no ? If we take 10 shots a game inside the box 4 of them comes of a post, 5 of them gets blocked and we sky the other 1. It feels like the keepers are only there to collect the high balls that defenders deflected. I like everything else so far its just the shooting thats annoying me rn.

Since the update the suspense of VAR goal decisions is gone because you now see the name of the goal assister show up in the match stats panel on the left hand side if the goal is going to be given and it doesn't show up if the goal is going to be disallowed. 

It would be nice to get this suspense back by removing this new "feature".

9 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Since the update the suspense of VAR goal decisions is gone because you now see the name of the goal assister show up in the match stats panel on the left hand side if the goal is going to be given and it doesn't show up if the goal is going to be disallowed. 

It would be nice to get this suspense back by removing this new "feature".

Not ideal, but a work around, could you not just minimise it during the decision making?

I presume you have the left panel show at all times? Even during highlights?

I'm struggling as hell to win games in this ME, but I actually like the challenge, the chaos in midfield, the fluidity. A central defender who's suddenly pressing in midfield en dribbling towards the box? Great. Could happen in real life. It's not perfect - what is? - but as far as I'm concerned, this is a very enjoyable ME.

18 hours ago, stevemc said:

Too many penalties being missed since the update, too many for it to be coincidental IMO, definite change or knock-on has happened here.

Agree...Just missed 2 in the same game with different takers

So I've played some games on this update for the first time (and the game itself for the first time in about 3 months)

It's an improvement, but not a big enough one to justify the wait for it. The ME just doesn't do it for me, animation issues like players standing still waiting to be tackled and the awful high ball animation when a shot is blocked gets boring and frustrating really quick

Also the match ratings have been broken for years. So frustrating to see this ignored when it's such an important part of the game

Edited by ajw10

33 minutes ago, smithy20 said:

In terms of just pure fun to play, this might be the worst edition in years. Not to mention of match engine looks and feels clunky and clustered.

Yeah, it may be the last one for me. It’s just not fun any longer. I actually have more fun playing older iterations. I will give 2024 a try if it is on GamePass. If it isn’t, I won’t be getting it unless there are some massive changes. I gave up on FIFA around 5 years ago for similar reasons.

Just won 3-1 away from home, but get knocked off the top of the table by Oxford United who won 4-1 and now have a slightly better goal difference. Press conference answers assume we lost the game!

image.thumb.png.6968addd4edf389437e5364e1483a8c1.png