*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

9 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello everybody, the China Data Update for Football Manager 2023 is now live, you can see more details in the link below.

Vague reference to 'some gameplay changes' without telling us what they are....

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minuti fa, DaddyPig86 ha scritto:

Vague reference to 'some gameplay changes' without telling us what they are....

Probably a couple of minor things that no one cares about, meanwhile the annoying stuff like the transfer history going back to current year when checking sold players in past years, young players reputation bug and other important stuff are all ignored.

6 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

You could say time wasting is another effective way for a keeper to be booked, I think Pope's had 3 of them this season

Pshhh is that it? Lee Nicholls for Huddersfield has 10 in the last two seasons and he's been injured for 5 months of that :D (all for time wasting)

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, crarfc said:

steam automatically downloaded the new update for me but dont see any 23.5 only a 23.4 version, bizarre! 

Hi @crarfc the 23.4 database got overwritten. So the 23.4 database includes the China update changes.

Here's a thought on FM

Should Directors of Football have more importance in FM? They are increasingly essential for clubs going well. Most clubs operate with one nowadays, and bigger clubs poach good DoFs. 

Currently in FM, there would be absolutely no difference if you'd remove all DoFs. The game also generates DoFs with amazing stats at the start of the game, so that means that real-life DoFs will never move clubs, only retire. And once they do, clubs will just sign a free-agent staff regen instead of looking for a real replacement. But even so, they do almost nothing in FM.

I think they should play a bigger role in next editions, similar to real life

- Hear about it in the media, especially with big transfers

- Get credit for good recruitment/success of  smaller clubs

- Get blamed and/or fired for bad spells of bigger clubs

I don't understand the grading for Goalkeepers in this version. My GK had a single shot on target the whole game and got a 7.4 rating... This hides the fact that he under performs when he has more than a shot on target...

image.png.9eb99de40eb6f407994cb47f8d9e1365.pngimage.png.38736bafb510610848cc5cf9e84b6d79.png

BTW, the striker who scored the first goal got a 7.1 :confused:

Edited by andu1

11 minutes ago, andu1 said:

I don't understand the grading for Goalkeepers in this version. My GK had a single shot on target the whole game and got a 7.4 rating... This hides the fact that he under performs when he has more than a shot on target...

BTW, the striker who scored the first goal got a 7.1 :confused:

Yeah, it's a bit mental really, the clean sheet is a massive rating booster for GKs, they can do nothing all game and rate highly  

20 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @crarfc the 23.4 database got overwritten. So the 23.4 database includes the China update changes.

What about my data update? Do I have to reload my files in the editor to add the Chinese data? I assume these are not added to my files from a few days ago that I added?

8 hours ago, Mitza said:

Here's a thought on FM

Should Directors of Football have more importance in FM? They are increasingly essential for clubs going well. Most clubs operate with one nowadays, and bigger clubs poach good DoFs. 

Currently in FM, there would be absolutely no difference if you'd remove all DoFs. The game also generates DoFs with amazing stats at the start of the game, so that means that real-life DoFs will never move clubs, only retire. And once they do, clubs will just sign a free-agent staff regen instead of looking for a real replacement. But even so, they do almost nothing in FM.

Maybe it should tie into how the board review your performance. If the club decide to have a DoF and you don't follow his advice on signings and you underperform then the likeliness of them sacking you would be higher. Likewise if you follow some or all of his advice and you underperform then they'll be more lenient. 

10 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah, it's a bit mental really, the clean sheet is a massive rating booster for GKs, they can do nothing all game and rate highly  

He's back to his normal form, 3 shots on target , 2 goals conceded, 6.4 rating

14 hours ago, Mitza said:

Here's a thought on FM

I agree that for AI clubs the director of football should carry the can for recruitment. And could occasionally be sacked if they buy too many players who flop. Or be poached by other clubs. Staffing in general is an area that could do with a fair bit of overhaul though.

I sometimes use the dof but I prefer to do my own negotiations and don't trust him to buy players for me. Maybe I should try it.

Wasn't the injury issue supposed to be toned down in one of the recent patches? Because i'm literally seeing no changes.

I honestly will simply starting using the ingame editor to fix injuries because this is beyond stupid and no other team in my league is anywhere near the amount i'm facing.

Immagine1.png

Immagine2.png

22 minuti fa, themadsheep2001 ha scritto:

The fact that no other team in your league is having the same issue should be telling you something about how you manage your players. Adjusting the rate of training issues was never about stopping lot of injuries if a squad isn't looked after. 

Training is in the hand of a solid assman. So if you blame the training schedule, you are blaming the default one SI made.

51 minutes ago, DMaster2 said:

Training is in the hand of a solid assman. So if you blame the training schedule, you are blaming the default one SI made.

Notice I said how you manage them, It's not just about training, but recovery and rotation. If i was picking up many injuries, especially in training, i'd be looking at my tactical intensity and how that goes with my training demands and rotation/recovery style. 

48 minuti fa, themadsheep2001 ha scritto:

Notice I said how you manage them, It's not just about training, but recovery and rotation. If i was picking up many injuries, especially in training, i'd be looking at my tactical intensity and how that goes with my training demands and rotation/recovery style. 

My database has only 1 game per week and i rotate every player that isn't match fit, so that's not it either.

• Administrators
On 10/05/2023 at 16:49, Lempicka said:

What's going on here?

image.png.f18905b6568eba3a9d804b3aeddf2660.png

image.png.90e8c5a6f7e64bb82ac30687a5a37427.png

We suggest you raise this in the Bug Tracker, please. Our team will take a look for you.

It would help us if you could also upload the save game so we have an example to investigate.

Bug Tracker link: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/

10 ore fa, kalokalitokalo ha scritto:

After last winter patch, how do you feel the state of the game is? Is it worth buying?

- How is AI squad management? Is it as awful as FM22?

- How is the AI young player development? Fixed now?

Thank you!

1) Absolutely can't recommend it

2) Pretty much the same

3) Nope, it was broken at the beginning and they put a bandaid but it's far from working properly.

5 minutes ago, GIMN said:

My guess, without knowing any Norwegian, would be that it is the chosen translation for Passes Per Defensive Action: https://statsbomb.com/articles/soccer/defensive-metrics-measuring-the-intensity-of-a-high-press/

Damn I should've thought about changing the game language before asking here, but you're right. It was Opposition Passes per Defensive Action (OPPDA).

1 hour ago, Lempicka said:

Audacious!

I know, it left me both annoyed and happy at the same time! Now, if I could get my players to do the same.... :D 

my game now wont load crashes on loading screen, missing skeleton files/data or something, googled it followed instructions on a reddit page didn't work, neither now does a full delete > install. :(

4 minutes ago, Domathon said:

my game now wont load crashes on loading screen, missing skeleton files/data or something, googled it followed instructions on a reddit page didn't work, neither now does a full delete > install. :(

Tried everything here:

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/10005189758353-What-should-I-do-if-I-encounter-a-crash-dump-nothing-happening-or-an-error-message-when-launching-Football-Manager-

If so, please submit a support ticket:

https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

On 10/05/2023 at 05:24, Mitza said:

Here's a thought on FM

For human-controlled clubs, no. I would guess that the overwhelming majority of people playing this game want to handle transfers themselves rather than be dictated to by a board or director of football. I think I'd go crazy if I had to beg the board or the DOF to make each transfer that I wanted.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Why do I always get amazing goals against me!? Rabona assist...

AHogz7Y.gif

Apparently, No.37 lost his mind :D

Curious to see next year ME, because 3rd in row, Man City won the EPL; but Liverpool still META in game. :larry:

Edited by fc.cadoni

7 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Apparently, No.37 lost his mind :D

He seems to have thought that the guy was past his man and stepped in to secure it. More annoyed that 12 didn't step in to take over...

7 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Curious to see next year ME, because 3rd in row, Man City won the EPL; but Liverpool still META in game. :larry:

In my game City has won 2 of the 4 seasons that's done so far.

image.thumb.png.6ffc7408b08963af83ebd7b492602f2e.png

This season it looks to be Arsenal...

11 hours ago, XaW said:

Why do I always get amazing goals against me!? Rabona assist...

If that was my game, I'd be getting the chequebook out - purely on the basis of that assist. Fontana's a baller. 

Edited by Lempicka

After some disasterous years following the Windhorst investment burning through the cash, buying Player without plan, hiring gradualy more incompetent Managers and Coaches each time, almost bancrupt Hertha Berlin is finally relegated 18th of the 1.Bundesliga .

It is not clear if Hertha will get the Licence for 2.Bundesliga if they fail to ensure guaranteed liquidity which seem to depend on Windhorst successor 777 Partners and their hundreds of Millions.

Hertha will burn through more cash until they may have adjusted to reality and if they fail they become at best a Tier 4 Team.

I am not happy that Hertha is relegated as her fans suffer but i am satisfied bcs bad management needs to be punished instead of being fixed with throwing more good money after the bad money!

In Football Manager Hertha Berlins stature and team be way to good having them fight for EL/CL almost every year - the discrepancy FM23 to reality is way to big!

Hertha is a relegetion candidate since pretty much 3 years getting worse each season but FM Scouts seem not to get it...?

Good Bye :)

Edited by Etebaer

Since the last update, there seems to be a hell of a lot of red cards happening for 2 footed tackles. Same tactics, same instructions, gegenpressing but not with 'get stuck in' or 'tackle harder' selected.  At a loss at how to actually stop players doing 2 footed tackles (where previously none were happening before the update).

I'd be very curious how the AI handles squads for clubs that rely heavily on their youth academies, and how they look in 15 years and 30 years time compared to today, in terms of average age and current ability.

Clubs like Real Sociedad, Athletic Bilbao, RB Leipzig/RB Salzburg, Barcelona, Benfica. 

It really seems like the AI can't handle clubs producing, playing and keeping their own youth prospects for most of their careers. In my latest save, RB Salzburg was full of 30+ years old signed on a free. Barcelona has almost no Spanish players, about 2 from their own academy, and have sold players like Gavi and Pedri. Athletic Bilbao is hardcoded to use their own players but the average current ability is nowhere near the level at the start of the game.

I would love to run the experiment but I'm on a trip for a few weeks, will try to do it once i'm back