[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

16 hours ago, keysi said:

I think the strikeout is here when the scout report is old/older, so if you will scout these players again, the transfer value will be updated. 

I would prefer a more aesthetic solution to the problem of the outdated transfer value. for example, slanted text, text in a different color, or a background in a different color. but in the graphic files I found only folders knoledge and no knoledge

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image.png.acdd5d232040ce09f3865921f15f88bb.png

Is there an easy way to give the sidebar a border or divider I've tried reading Opz / using but I can't see what indicates his line I just want one to the right of the panel where the side bar ends top to bottom if possible 

13 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

image.png.acdd5d232040ce09f3865921f15f88bb.png

Is there an easy way to give the sidebar a border or divider I've tried reading Opz / using but I can't see what indicates his line I just want one to the right of the panel where the side bar ends top to bottom if possible 

Directly from OPZ sidebar menu table.xom

line 13

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/sidebar/paper" red_replacement="primary" green_replacement="secondary" blue_replacement="black" />

remember to grab the graphics aswell

5 hours ago, Powermonger said:

I'm pretty crap too but slowly feeling more comfortable with it. I've actually resorted to drawing on paper first what I want to accomplish and colour code the objects and containers I think I need and then look at the code and files. This really helped make thinks clearer.

Drawing on paper aint that bad but you should try and look here, this and the Pastebin is a very nice way of doing things and the way i'm always returning to..

The entire thread is very good.. I remember there was a minor post by @bluestillidie00 where he explained it in a smaller scale, but i can't find the post for the life of me :( so i'll just drop this for you instead.

19 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Directly from OPZ sidebar menu table.xom

line 13

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/sidebar/paper" red_replacement="primary" green_replacement="secondary" blue_replacement="black" />

remember to grab the graphics aswell

I feel like an idiot all I needed to do was edit the image to change the cut off :idiot:

3 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

I would prefer a more aesthetic solution to the problem of the outdated transfer value. for example, slanted text, text in a different color, or a background in a different color. but in the graphic files I found only folders knoledge and no knoledge

I agree, I would prefer more aesthetic solutions to many other problems...

Maybe, sometimes, it would be enough if someone from Sports Interactive would describe some new things like this and how it works. I remember quite a lot of people reported it as a bug within custom skins during FM22. But until describing how you can change the accessories of your in-game manager will be more important, many people have to find the right answers by themselves...

7 hours ago, Powermonger said:

I'm pretty crap too but slowly feeling more comfortable with it. I've actually resorted to drawing on paper first what I want to accomplish and colour code the objects and containers I think I need and then look at the code and files. This really helped make thinks clearer.

I do this too! So many “contrast_box” red_replacement=“pink”

7 hours ago, Powermonger said:

Is there any explanation anywhere or is someone able to explain what the class client_object_viewer_xml_panel does and what its use case is? I am trying to understand this class more. It looks like there is no file associated with this class to edit?

From my knowledge, it seems to be quite a general one. If I can’t find a specific class - I.e player_attribute_panel, I go for that first. Has worked a lot on the player panels. 

7 hours ago, snowofman said:

Drawing on paper aint that bad but you should try and look here, this and the Pastebin is a very nice way of doing things and the way i'm always returning to..

The entire thread is very good.. I remember there was a minor post by @bluestillidie00 where he explained it in a smaller scale, but i can't find the post for the life of me :( so i'll just drop this for you instead.

Awesome, I'll give it a read. :thup:

EDIT: Okay I finished reading it and for such a short thread it packs a punch. I'll certainly start using some of these tips for doing the layout first and visualise the results in game first.

Edited by Powermonger

I've been working on additions to the Squad list view that's more large screen friendly. I've been trying to make a column that combines the Current Ability and Potential Ability Star Ratings columns, so they are stacked, but just can't get it to work or even appear. This is what I have thus far:

<!-- person properties.xml -->

<record>
		<integer id="id" value="PcAP" />
		<integer id="width" value="78" />
		<integer id="minimum_width" value="78" />
		<translation id="name" translation_id="257318" type="use" value="Assistant manager's opinion of this player's current and potential ability[COMMENT - person list view column heading hint]" />
		<flags id="customisation_context" value="play" />
		<translation id="category" translation_id="230043" type="use" value="Coaching" />
		<translation id="category" type="use" value="Ability Potential[COMMENT: player popup info panel - scout current ability rating]" />
		<boolean id="sort_ascending" value="false" />
		<integer id="auto_hide_priority" value="300" />
		<record id="widget_info">
			<symbol id="class" value="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" />
			<string id="file" value="widgets/pwm/person ability and potential widget" />
		</record>

<record id="column_widget_properties">
			<flags id="alignment" value="left,centre_y" />
		</record>
		<record id="column_heading">
			<flags id="alignment" value="left,centre_y" />
			<translation id="text" type="use" value="Ability / Potential[COMMENT: player popup info panel - scout current ability rating]" />
			<translation id="hint" translation_id="257318" type="use" value="Assistant manager's opinion of this player's current and potential ability[COMMENT - person list view column heading hint]" />
		</record>

<record id="search_filter">
			<integer id="id" value="pfST" />
		</record>
	</record>

<!-- person ability and potential widget.xml -->
<panel auto_size_minimum_height="60">
  <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="middle" offset="2" gap="0"/>
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" inset="0"/>
  <flags id="child_for_sort" value="Pcac"/>

<widget class="coach_stars_label" id="Pcac" >
    <record id="object_property" get_property="Pcac" set_property="valu" />
  </widget>

<widget class="coach_stars_label" id="Pppc" >
    <record id="object_property" get_property="Pppc" set_property="valu" />
  </widget>

</panel>

<!-- team squad.xml -->
<list id="viws">
	<record id="geni">
		<record id="view_table_properties">
			<integer id="row_height" value="60" />
		</record>
		<translation id="name" translation_id="247410" type="use" value="General Info" />
		<!-- Define attributes/properties to view in this view type on the panel.
				 Any properties not defined here will be hidden for this view. -->
		<record id="view">
			<flags id="PtsL" />
			<!-- picked info -->
			<flags id="Pnfo" />
			<!-- player status/info -->
			<flags id="port" />
			<!-- player portrait -->
			<flags id="PcAP" />
			<!-- Current and Potential Ability -->

Am I heading down the right path or is it not possible? It also looks like the "coach_stars_label" widget is not an available file to edit either?

Edited by Powermonger

Hi all,

I have a weird issue that is bugging me since the beginning of time.. or something like this :lol:

When I start the game the agent label in my custom player overview / player personal details panel  is aligned to the left. Every time I start the game !

spacer.png

If I clear cache and reload skin it's getting in position as I want to be, and it stays like this .. ( until I quit the game and start again )

spacer.png

I don't know why is this happening.. it just kills my nerves slowly every time I start the game, reminding me that there is an issue I didn't fix. :seagull:

This is my player personal details panel, if you guys want to take a look..

player personal details panel.xml

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

Hi all,

I have a weird issue that is bugging me since the beginning of time.. or something like this :lol:

When I start the game the agent label in my custom player overview / player personal details panel  is aligned to the left. Every time I start the game !

spacer.png

If I clear cache and reload skin it's getting in position as I want to be, and it stays like this .. ( until I quit the game and start again )

spacer.png

I don't know why is this happening.. it just kills my nerves slowly every time I start the game, reminding me that there is an issue I didn't fix. :seagull:

This is my player personal details panel, if you guys want to take a look..

player personal details panel.xml 8.44 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks.

I've just added it to the default skin and it seems to be working fine,

Agent label and name stays centered even after a game restart.

Edited by snowofman

6 hours ago, snowofman said:

I've just added it to the default skin and it seems to be working fine,

Agent label and name stays centered even after a game restart.

Hmm.. So maybe it's something from my player overview panel then, something changing the alignment to child objects.

57 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

Hmm.. So maybe it's something from my player overview panel then, something changing the alignment to child objects.

I can't see what else it could be,  i've tried and restart the game and it's still centered no matter what i do

Where can I find the files that control the radio buttons please? I am wanting to change there shapes instead of individually find them and changing them in in separate XMLs?'s 

solved: graphics\switches\toggle\

Edited by JustHowie
Follow up

2 hours ago, PequenoGenio said:

Hi to you all.
it's possible to add this effect that this skin have in the titlebar to today's version of the game?

Have you tried pulling the title bar and search bar from the skin into your own panels / generic? 

Edited by JustHowie
typo

1 hour ago, PequenoGenio said:

This skin is from FM13. Don't have generic neither labels

yea just tried booting it with the titlebar put into generic panels and the bar showed up completely blank.

8 hours ago, Fery14 said:

Hi, I want to add picture of city and stadium to the "club info" screen. I searched for a long time but couldn't find the files or the way how to achieve this. I will be very happy for any answer :)

see file club overview panel. to find it, you need to spend 10-20 minutes, I don't understand how you couldn't find it in 2 months. :rolleyes:

On 24/04/2023 at 23:27, Fery14 said:

Hi, I want to add picture of city and stadium to the "club info" screen. I searched for a long time but couldn't find the files or the way how to achieve this. I will be very happy for any answer :)

The club page is - Club overview panel.xml

City picture code

<!--city-->
            <container default_height="300" priority="1">
            <translation id="title" type="use" value="City"/>
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" inset="0" offset="0" gap="1" >

<container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" height="35" inset="0" offset="0" mode="distribute_equally">

<container class="bordered_box" default_width="-1" appearance="">
                            <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1" offset="0" gap="0"/>
                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<!--town-->
                            <widget class="city_label" id="namL" show_nation="true" spec="text" colour="white" size="11" alignment="centre_x,centre_y,can_scale">
                                <record id="object_property">
                                    <integer id="get_property" value="SctI" />
                                </record>
                            </widget>

</container> 

</container>

<container default_height="-1" red_replacement="" >
                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" scale_picture="true" apply_to_children="true" />
                        <widget class="background" file="backgrounds" id="bgnd">
                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" />
                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" />
                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" offset="0" gap="0" />
                                <integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
                                <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
                            </record>
                        </widget>
                    </container>

</container>
            </container>

Stadium code

<widget class="stadium_picture" id="STAp" image_alignment="centre">
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="-80" />
			<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
			<integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
		</record>
</widget>

10 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

see file club overview panel. to find it, you need to spend 10-20 minutes, I don't understand how you couldn't find it in 2 months. :rolleyes:

I know it's terrible, but I'm really, really bad when it comes to skins...

11 hours ago, snowofman said:

The club page is - Club overview panel.xml

City picture code

<!--city-->
            <container default_height="300" priority="1">
            <translation id="title" type="use" value="City"/>
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" inset="0" offset="0" gap="1" >

<container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" height="35" inset="0" offset="0" mode="distribute_equally">

<container class="bordered_box" default_width="-1" appearance="">
                            <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1" offset="0" gap="0"/>
                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<!--town-->
                            <widget class="city_label" id="namL" show_nation="true" spec="text" colour="white" size="11" alignment="centre_x,centre_y,can_scale">
                                </record>
                            </widget>

</container> 

</container>

<container default_height="-1" red_replacement="" >
                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" scale_picture="true" apply_to_children="true" />
                        <widget class="background" file="backgrounds" id="bgnd">
                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" />
                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" />
                            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" offset="0" gap="0" />
                                <integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
                                <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
                            </record>
                        </widget>
                    </container>

</container>
            </container>

Stadium code

<container>
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true"/>

<widget class="stadium_picture" id="STAp" file="none">
			<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="-50"/>

<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
			<record id="default_properties" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true"/>

<widget class="picture" file="pictures/stadiums/stadium_bg" />
			<widget class="picture" id="bkgd" file="pictures/stadiums/none_base" hidden="true"/>
			<widget class="picture" id="STPC"/>
		</widget>
	</container>

<container>
		<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="top" vertical_offset="12" horizontal_inset="32"/>

<container class="tcs_box" appearance="tcs/boxes/stadium/paper" rrep="bg" height="46" >
			<!-- AUTOSIZE USED SO WE DON'T HAVE TO DEFINE SPECIFIC WIDTHS FOR STUFF -->
			<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_offset="0" horizontal_inset="0" vertical_gap="0"/>

<!-- WE USED DEFAULT_PROPERTIES SO WE DON'T HAVE TO REDEFINE THE SAME ATTRIBUTES EVERY TIME -->
			<record id="default_properties" auto_size="vertical"  alignment="centre_x,centre_y"/>

<widget class="client_object_label" id="namV" style="bold" size="large">
				</record>
			</widget>		

<widget class="city_label" show_nation="true" size="8" >
				</record>
			</widget>
		</container>
	</container>

Thank you very much. I have base skin and maybe I'm blind, but I can't find the Club overview panel.xml anywhere :confused:

6 minutes ago, Fery14 said:

I know it's terrible, but I'm really, really bad when it comes to skins...

Thank you very much. I have base skin and maybe I'm blind, but I can't find the Club overview panel.xml anywhere :confused:

use this attached file

But you  can unpack panels etc from the game and find what you need

club overview panel.xml

30 minutes ago, snowofman said:

use this attached file

But you  can unpack panels etc from the game and find what you need

club overview panel.xml 13.63 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks a lot. Now I see a place for city picture but no place for stadium picture. I pasted codes, which you sended to me to the club panel overview.xml and I see a place for city picture but no place for stadium picture.  I pasted code for stadium pictures the same way like code for city pictures. I am sorry for my questions but I am a begginer in things like this. Thanks for your patience. 

1 hour ago, Fery14 said:

Thanks a lot. Now I see a place for city picture but no place for stadium picture. I pasted codes, which you sended to me to the club panel overview.xml and I see a place for city picture but no place for stadium picture.  I pasted code for stadium pictures the same way like code for city pictures. I am sorry for my questions but I am a begginer in things like this. Thanks for your patience. 

try this instead

</record>
</widget>

12 minutes ago, snowofman said:

try this instead

</record>
</widget>

This works, but I have the stadium picture under the city picture.

On 24/04/2023 at 21:37, PequenoGenio said:

Hi to you all.
it's possible to add this effect that this skin have in the titlebar to today's version of the game?

you mean tabbed sub menu instead of current drop down sub menu?
it's now implemented in the touch version of the standard skin, and somewhere in the touch skin thread I've uploaded adaptation for the pc skin

9 horas atrás, Olas Nick disse:

you mean tabbed sub menu instead of current drop down sub menu?
it's now implemented in the touch version of the standard skin, and somewhere in the touch skin thread I've uploaded adaptation for the pc skin

No i mean the "kit effect" on the titlebar

7 hours ago, Jamie Aubrey said:

Hey guys, any one know what I can change so the left/right foot icons fit into the popup panel ? 

image.thumb.png.390549f2876a0133ffb27263cbdc18d8.png

Probably the easiest way is to locate this: skin/panels/player/player overview popup panel.xml and find the line connected to the "<!-- Middle row of large panels -->"

There is "<container height="410">", so increase the height value a little bit. Save and reload the skin. 

6 hours ago, keysi said:

Probably the easiest way is to locate this: skin/panels/player/player overview popup panel.xml and find the line connected to the "<!-- Middle row of large panels -->"

There is "<container height="410">", so increase the height value a little bit. Save and reload the skin. 

Thank you 

Lately I've been working on making some changes to the Squad View Overview screen as I use a large ultrawide monitor and the standard Overview panel seems better suited for smaller screens. Part of my goal is make it display more graphical elements.

EA4AzEE.png

One of the things I want to change is to update the Picking Panel so the boxes are bigger and I include things like the player face and role suitability star rating. Looking at the files, the Picking Panel seems to be locked off from changes?

Another thing I want to do is for the Nationality column, I want to ditch the TLA abbreviation and only display the flag and fill up the cell, is this just a matter of creating a custom property?

1 hora atrás, Powermonger disse:

Lately I've been working on making some changes to the Squad View Overview screen as I use a large ultrawide monitor and the standard Overview panel seems better suited for smaller screens. Part of my goal is make it display more graphical elements.

EA4AzEE.png

One of the things I want to change is to update the Picking Panel so the boxes are bigger and I include things like the player face and role suitability star rating. Looking at the files, the Picking Panel seems to be locked off from changes?

Another thing I want to do is for the Nationality column, I want to ditch the TLA abbreviation and only display the flag and fill up the cell, is this just a matter of creating a custom property?

Really dig what you've done with the icons behind the player faces at the top, would love to learn how to do it, please.

As for your questions, specially the second one, try checking in person properties.xml for both Nationality and Second Nationality. In the 'column_widget_properties': <flags id="use_format" change the value bit to "very_short".

You will need to clear cache, reload the skin AND restart the game in order for it to work.

Edited by lugui

2 hours ago, Powermonger said:

EA4AzEE.png

Or use - <record id="Pnat" width="20" label_disabled="true"/>
that would work aswell, but ofc only for the wanted line / view

Using @lugui suggestion, it will count for all views

I have one more question. How can I add to the game this popup panel including the positions and highlighting of important attributes after hovering the cursor over "i"? This example is from Rensie's skin. Rensie_popup_panel.png.8379e06a50bbd1b4b99a265cfd6c8076.png

10 minutes ago, Fery14 said:

I have one more question. How can I add to the game this popup panel including the positions and highlighting of important attributes after hovering the cursor over "i"? This example is from Rensie's skin. Rensie_popup_panel.png.8379e06a50bbd1b4b99a265cfd6c8076.png

it's called "player overview popup panel" and it's located in the player folder

looking inside the file, you'll find other used files, everything needs to be copy'd over to the wanted skin, 

after doing so, you'll mostlikely encounter issue with few missing bits and bobs, those has to be sorted out afterwards

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

it's called "player overview popup panel" and it's located in the player folder

looking inside the file, you'll find other used files, everything needs to be copy'd over to the wanted skin, 

after doing so, you'll mostlikely encounter issue with few missing bits and bobs, those has to be sorted out afterwards

I think I have everything I wanted about it. Thank you very much :)

I still have one problem. I don't see photos in the column on the right side where the manager etc. should be displayed. It's on the "club ifo" card. Do you know why? 
staff_players_panel.PNG.8ebc80e178cefbc5a9300d76997dd3b7.PNG

5 minutes ago, Fery14 said:

I think I have everything I wanted about it. Thank you very much :)

I still have one problem. I don't see photos in the column on the right side where the manager etc. should be displayed. It's on the "club ifo" card. Do you know why? 
staff_players_panel.PNG.8ebc80e178cefbc5a9300d76997dd3b7.PNG

hard so say, but could be that you're just missing some files

2 hours ago, Fery14 said:

to make it highlight automatically, you need the positions panel in the same container as the attributes, look at Tato skin for example

13 hours ago, Fery14 said:

This is from FM22 skin for 1366x768 resolution, not everything will work in FM23 if you will just move it. 

9 hours ago, keysi said:

This is from FM22 skin for 1366x768 resolution, not everything will work in FM23 if you will just move it. 

I have only one issue and that's a visibility of text on the white background (teams which have primary white colour) when I move the cursor to "i" icon (player overview popup panel) because the text is white too...

Edited by Fery14

Double question sorry, Instructions the font is showing  as blue which would indicate Eredivisie colours but I can't seem to see any buttons with primary or secondary font colours I have  I have changed alot of buttons in the last few days (still boxing off and going through xmls/ pictures) can't seem to locate where this is coming from)

I also seem to have killed the formation panel on the right and I don't know how 

any help would be greatly appreciated

image.png.b2b741636e2302a51157fd0de1553221.png

Tried removing all boxes and buttons, replacing all original match day and tactics panels the pitch stays black and when I hover over where a player should be I see a hand that still when clicked takes you to their profile

Can get formations to show on tablet but not the right side (possibly because I don't know what right hand side panel is)

image.png

Edited by JustHowie
updated

5 hours ago, MattyEssTTV said:

Is anyone able to direct me to the place for the colour boxes is Tato 23, like it was in Tato 22? 

If I recall correctly this is in graphics, tabs , tato, drop button.xml, (I can't get fm 22 archiever working to extract the fmf) else maybe I'd suggest copying over the full graphics folder from last years into this years