[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, burak_95 said:

Hello friends. how can i adjust opacity of stadium image in manager home match fixture. texts unreadable?

12312343543545646.png.967ded1cbc71dfbd1b1f79cbfe59f932.png

if you go into the file, you can find the picture widget and put transparency="put a number you want" 

1 hour ago, burak_95 said:

Hello friends. how can i adjust opacity of stadium image in manager home match fixture. texts unreadable?

12312343543545646.png.967ded1cbc71dfbd1b1f79cbfe59f932.png

you were already answered a week ago - you need to use an overlay. nothing has changed since then. :D

21 minutes ago, snowofman said:

if you go into the file, you can find the picture widget and put transparency="put a number you want" 

this is a very simple but very bad way. it can be used if the skin does not support city/stadium packs. if the skin supports city/stadium packs, it will simply be an overlay of 2 pictures. in this case, the image of the city will be superimposed on the image of the stadium.

e.g.

2023-07-0118_03_43-FootballManager2023.png.89f60997356cdb0f862c6f655042ddcd.png

if you do not use an overlay, you need to place the widget in a separate container and set an opaque background for this container.

4 dakika önce, Olas Nick said:

you were already answered a week ago - you need to use an overlay. nothing has changed since then. :D

this is a very simple but very bad way. it can be used if the skin does not support city/stadium packs. if the skin supports city/stadium packs, it will simply be an overlay of 2 pictures. in this case, the image of the city will be superimposed on the image of the stadium.

e.g.

if you do not use an overlay, you need to place the widget in a separate container and set an opaque background for this container.

Yes, I had to ask again. because when I did as you describe, the stadium image was completely gone?

2 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

e.g.

Noted. need to look abit more into that,  as i'm not using background pictures, it works for me.

13 minutes ago, twinklesumo said:

what are these two panels called pls? specifically the yellow boxed ones so i can resize them

image.thumb.png.36fda43e532e91260e1701fe9b0d90cd.pngimage.thumb.png.1707f07ad1b11d83e2a020b12b5d7e97.png

Believe the first one is widget/scout card report

I'm not sure if it will be labelled in the skin you're using but the one in my skin has a note <!-- LHS --> for that panel

14 minutes ago, twinklesumo said:

what are these two panels called pls? specifically the yellow boxed ones so i can resize them

image.thumb.png.36fda43e532e91260e1701fe9b0d90cd.pngimage.thumb.png.1707f07ad1b11d83e2a020b12b5d7e97.png

top one is

player reports overview summary vertical scouting card

2nd is 

youth development youth candidate squad list panel

Hi I want to use FMEnchanced's multi praising/critique page on Individual Training panel in a skin I'm currently using. I tried to copy paste the player training summary panel & player training information custom xml file but it didn't work. Can anyone help me with it?

43 minutes ago, Mishkat.22 said:

Hi I want to use FMEnchanced's multi praising/critique page on Individual Training panel in a skin I'm currently using. I tried to copy paste the player training summary panel & player training information custom xml file but it didn't work. Can anyone help me with it?

when looking through the files, make sure you also look for classes as it can make a thing work.

it's hard to help when we don't know what your page is doing and not doing. 

Edit: My guess would be that you're missing 

team training person table info panel.xml

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

when looking through the files, make sure you also look for classes as it can make a thing work.

it's hard to help when we don't know what your page is doing and not doing. 

Edit: My guess would be that you're missing 

team training person table info panel.xml

You're guess was right because of team training person table info panel.xml file missing it didn't work. Now it's working fine. Thank you for the help!

26 minutes ago, godzilu said:

a. Is there an easy way to identify which files deal with a specific panel? 

b. What panel deals with "staff reaction to team news"?

Thanks

a) sadly not - you might find some help in "section meta data" 

b) please drop a screenshot as it's easier to help that way, just so we are sure we are talking about the same.

1 hour ago, godzilu said:

Is there an easy way to identify which files deal with a specific panel? 

what is "easy way"? in general, 3/4 of the panels can be identified quite easily and quickly. by name, by content, by obvious "code defects"...

59 minutes ago, snowofman said:

a) sadly not - you might find some help in "section meta data" 

b) please drop a screenshot as it's easier to help that way, just so we are sure we are talking about the same.

Found it, match team news panel.xml, the portion with Staff reaction to team news.

20 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

what is "easy way"? in general, 3/4 of the panels can be identified quite easily and quickly. by name, by content, by obvious "code defects"...

By an id or something, like search for 213131 in all files, and you find 2-3-4 files containing the id, and it's easier to deal with things. 

Thanks, sadly some parts don't have the id to look for. Trial and error works fine, usually it's fast to target something. Also notes from previous versions help too :D Still have the folders for each game version.

30 minutes ago, godzilu said:

Thanks, sadly some parts don't have the id to look for. Trial and error works fine, usually it's fast to target something. Also notes from previous versions help too :D Still have the folders for each game version.

yes. trials, errors, studying other people's skins, the right set of software, and more and more time.
they also say that FM25 will have a new engine and a completely new UI. It is interesting, maybe skinning will become impossible

8 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

yes. trials, errors, studying other people's skins, the right set of software, and more and more time.
they also say that FM25 will have a new engine and a completely new UI. It is interesting, maybe skinning will become impossible

I hope they keep skinning since I like ultra light dark skins, informational, and very easy on the eyes. Not a fan of any kind of backgrounds, transparency, etc. 

I am trying to do something a bit different with my attributes layout, credit and big congrats to how you have yours laid out. I am struggling to work out how to get the next set of attributes on the line underneath.

76828628514be408c33475383a504860.png

15 minutes ago, jmb1403 said:

Hi guys
Does anyone know how to extend this box to fit in all of the attributes please?image.png.12878892d2841f40cb6dab0587315de0.png

2 ways

find the panel that controls the height of the attribute box and adjust it to fit

or

locate the file with your attributes and change height

<record id="table_properties" mode="fill_rows, stripe_rows, printable" layout="-1, 14, 45, 33" row_height="20" row_spacing="1" default_sort_column="name">

13 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

2023-07-0416_56_40-Window.png.36ac7b44f9e5c35290662c6ecd123f71.png2023-07-0416_57_16-Window.png.19564b03a6179059a1757716c708f963.png

who can tell what is responsible for the appearance of these elements? it seems that this is not a tactic icons * .xml

all i know is that it's in
youth development youth candidate squad list panel.xml

but never went deeper to figure it out.

Just now, snowofman said:

all i know is that it's in
youth development youth candidate squad list panel.xml

but never went deeper to figure it out.

if deeper then this

<widget class="pitch_squad_depth" id="pitc" vertical="true" pitch_length_multiplier="1.02" pitch_draw_grass="true" select_event="slic" pitch_line_colour="faded white" pitch_keep_selected_icons="true" pitch_touchline_width_percentage="30" line_width="1">
							<boolean id="pitch_draw_goals" value="false" />
							<boolean id="pitch_draw_markings" value="true" />
							<boolean id="pitch_allow_player_selection" value="false" />
						</widget>

but im do not find class, widget or panel pitch_squad_depth

I suppose you guys still haven't figured out how to replace the background on the Team Selection screen? Reading some other thread. Or maybe this older posts :D 

EDIT: I've managed at least to make the team transparency zero like this: 

Screenshot_2.png

File is team squad tactics panel.xml, line 18, added  appearance="boxes/maimaimai/paper" red_replacement="bg" to the container, where my paper is a dark bakcground, and bg too is a dark background. Good enough for me since I hate transparencies. 

Edited by godzilu

4 minutes ago, godzilu said:

I suppose you guys still haven't figured out how to replace the background on the Team Selection screen? Reading some other thread. Or maybe this older posts :D 

EDIT: I've managed at least to make the team transparency zero like this: 

Screenshot_2.png

File is team squad tactics panel.xml, line 18, added  appearance="boxes/maimaimai/paper" red_replacement="bg" to the container, where my paper is a dark bakcground, and bg too is a dark background. Good enough for me since I hate transparencies. 

I know you can change the boxes I've tried adding custom images to the page but they don't show on tactics but will in the tactics embedded and match tactics screens

3 hours ago, snowofman said:

2 ways

find the panel that controls the height of the attribute box and adjust it to fit

or

locate the file with your attributes and change height

<record id="table_properties" mode="fill_rows, stripe_rows, printable" layout="-1, 14, 45, 33" row_height="20" row_spacing="1" default_sort_column="name">

Thanks mate

16 minutes ago, jmb1403 said:

Thanks mate

you're welcome

41 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

if deeper then this

<widget class="pitch_squad_depth" id="pitc" vertical="true" pitch_length_multiplier="1.02" pitch_draw_grass="true" select_event="slic" pitch_line_colour="faded white" pitch_keep_selected_icons="true" pitch_touchline_width_percentage="30" line_width="1">
							<boolean id="pitch_draw_goals" value="false" />
							<boolean id="pitch_draw_markings" value="true" />
							<boolean id="pitch_allow_player_selection" value="false" />
						</widget>

but im do not find class, widget or panel pitch_squad_depth

*shrugs*

41 minutes ago, godzilu said:

Anyone knows how to change the background transparency in the Team News panel, for Press Officer Social Roundup on the right? I managed to deal with the left panel, but not with this. 

https://prnt.sc/JBhAG2FnUD1N

Thanks

I assume you've tried changing the container class / appearance = ?

8 hours ago, JustHowie said:

I assume you've tried changing the container class / appearance = ?

I think I am failing to pinpoint the right container somehow tho it looks pretty straightforward lol. WIll try again today since I am fresh.

EDIT: Turns out I had to follow this: file="human/news feed embedded social panel", I was editing the wrong containers. 

Edited by godzilu

3 hours ago, godzilu said:

I think I am failing to pinpoint the right container somehow tho it looks pretty straightforward lol. WIll try again today since I am fresh.

EDIT: Turns out I had to follow this: file="human/news feed embedded social panel", I was editing the wrong containers. 

maybe it's easier to view all graphic files and make all paper.png non-transparent

Leaving a photoshop batch to do the job while I am out, hopefully I tweaked it enough for exceptions lol. I am blasting the entire papers.

EDIT: Not a good idea to do all in the boxes folder lol, destroyed the game. Reverting to individual edits :D 

Edited by godzilu

1 hour ago, godzilu said:

Leaving a photoshop batch to do the job while I am out, hopefully I tweaked it enough for exceptions lol. I am blasting the entire papers.

EDIT: Not a good idea to do all in the boxes folder lol, destroyed the game. Reverting to individual edits :D 

I have made this mistake so many times! Usually when copy pasting the xml's (all the borders and slices are different! doh!)

Trying to make a honours page similar to PSG's but can't get the text to align correctly nor set the width so that the text sets in properly, also don't know how I can make the text display below the trophy image.

Any help? Code, and images of my game and psg honors below

<panel width="150">
    <layout class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="bottom,extend" vertical_gap="0"/>

<container background_colour="blue">
        <layout class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="bottom" vertical_gap="0"/>

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="trop" scale_picture="true" priority="2">
            <integer id="property" value="trop"/>
            <boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="true"/>
            <boolean id="comp_use_trophy_icon" value="true"/>
            <flags id="image_alignment" value="left,centre_y"/>
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0"/>
        </widget>

<widget class="text" id="wcnt" alignment="right, centre_y" size="120" style="normal" colour="secondary" priority="1">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0"/>
        </widget>
    </container>
    <container>
    </container>

<container height="35">
        <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="top,extend" vertical_gap="0"/>
        <widget class="text" id="cmpn" multiline="true" auto_size="vertical" alignment="centre_x,top" size="normal" style="bold" colour="secondary"/>

</container>

</panel>

image.thumb.png.1d6d7b799324fd782cc9a968172faa80.png
image.thumb.png.4c2fd202071a88d57ec78d0af3681f1b.png

<panel>
	<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="top,extend" />

<container class="scrolling_box">
		<container class="tree_menu" id="bkmk">
			<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical,fill"/>
		</container>
	</container>

</panel>

How to set alignment of bookmarks to the right side of this panel? To get arrows on the right side under the selector arrow and bookmarks labels to the right side?

123.png