[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

On 17/05/2023 at 17:41, hyrule_king said:

I have finally got my head around the layouts and hopefully can start making some nice panels.

Not great so far but it is a start. :)

9e7e136f3fe81a8a7cd7a934abb1556a.png

That dashed bar graphic is driving my OCD nuts.. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so i am trying to put the clear cache and reload skin on the titlebar (a bit easier for skinning purposes) , i was trying to put it on the bottom of the page but everything kept disappearing. Got it how i want it too look but the buttons aren't doing anything. any ideas?

e7975b85f1a018afb270b73837f7722e.png

Here is the code I am using:

Spoiler

<container>
            <attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_autosize_vertical_centre" horizontal_gap="5" horizontal_offset="9" vertical_offset="0"/>

<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_alignment="middle"/>
    <widget class="button" appearance="buttons/standard/normal/button" id="rels" click_event="CnfR" width="150" height="27" font="bundesliga" colour="fg">
    <translation id="text" type="use" value="RELOAD SKIN" />

</widget>
  <widget class="spacer" />
  <widget class="clear_cache_button" appearance="buttons/standard/normal/button" width="150" height="27" colour="lime 500" font="bundesliga" >
    <translation id="text" type="use" value="CLEAR CACHE" />
    </widget>

<!-- World dropdown -->
            <widget class="world_popup_button" id="wrld" width="44" height="44" icon="icons/26px/world" appearance="chrome/buttons/items/button" fg_icon_enabled="false" icon_alignment="centre" alignment="centre" icon_colour="fg">
                <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="true" >
                    <list id="get_properties">
                        <record get_property="gset" test_mode="equal" value="false" />
                        <record get_property="iVMg" test_mode="equal" comparison_mode="or" value="true" />
                    </list>
                    <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
                </attachment>
            </widget>

17 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

Ok so i am trying to put the clear cache and reload skin on the titlebar (a bit easier for skinning purposes) , i was trying to put it on the bottom of the page but everything kept disappearing. Got it how i want it too look but the buttons aren't doing anything. any ideas?

e7975b85f1a018afb270b73837f7722e.png

Here is the code I am using:

Reveal hidden contents

<container>
            <attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_autosize_vertical_centre" horizontal_gap="5" horizontal_offset="9" vertical_offset="0"/>

<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_alignment="middle"/>
    <widget class="button" appearance="buttons/standard/normal/button" id="rels" click_event="CnfR" width="150" height="27" font="bundesliga" colour="fg">
    <translation id="text" type="use" value="RELOAD SKIN" />

</widget>
  <widget class="spacer" />
  <widget class="clear_cache_button" appearance="buttons/standard/normal/button" width="150" height="27" colour="lime 500" font="bundesliga" >
    <translation id="text" type="use" value="CLEAR CACHE" />
    </widget>

<!-- World dropdown -->
            <widget class="world_popup_button" id="wrld" width="44" height="44" icon="icons/26px/world" appearance="chrome/buttons/items/button" fg_icon_enabled="false" icon_alignment="centre" alignment="centre" icon_colour="fg">
                <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="true" >
                    <list id="get_properties">
                        <record get_property="gset" test_mode="equal" value="false" />
                        <record get_property="iVMg" test_mode="equal" comparison_mode="or" value="true" />
                    </list>
                    <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
                </attachment>
            </widget>

Not possible I think, I tried it in an earlier FM

1 hour ago, bluestillidie00 said:

<!-- IF HUMAN CONTROLLED TEAM, SHOW -->
<record id="object_property" get_property="PHcr" set_property="Shwn"/>

<!-- IF AI CONTROLLED TEAM, HIDE-->
<record id="object_property" get_property="PHcr" set_property="hidn"/>

Oh dear god.  The amount of time I could've saved if I knew this!!!

As is perhaps indicative of everything I do, I learnt one thing a couple of years ago (the selector approach) and stuck to it religiously.  Damn.

Does anyone know which .xml files control the screen with the names within your shortlist - and basically the screen with the search results for players in general.

I want to compact the spaces there a bit more, mess around with the row_height=XXX value needed to achieve this.

Thanks in advance!

image.png.3d6afdf9e8ce21d534758a166cb08d44.png

Edited by lugui

16 minutes ago, lugui said:

Does anyone know which .xml files control the screen with the names within your shortlist - and basically the screen with the search results for players in general.

I want to compact the spaces there a bit more, mess around with the row_height=XXX value needed to achieve this.

Thanks in advance!

image.png.3d6afdf9e8ce21d534758a166cb08d44.png

I believe the search results is "person search player views.xml"

Edit: this is the shortlist

person/person search team shortlist views.xml

On 17/05/2023 at 13:38, snowofman said:

have you tried building the page with this method ?

Nice too finally have a decent understanding of the layouts of a panel. Still a lot to learn though. The attached thread is great for anyone wanting to start on creating a panel of their own.

2nd attempt at player overview.

60d9e6a2cf7e9b0148bba1dd017bcec9.jpg

d300180d9114c2f84a9de9c75547abd2.jpg

16 horas atrás, snowofman disse:

I believe the search results is "person search player views.xml"

Edit: this is the shortlist

person/person search team shortlist views.xml

Thank you! I will need to rebuild a few custom views in order for it to work - as it apparently only changes the default ones - but thats a start: 

image.png.5813c530b88a9cc144058574f9d1680e.png

Edited by lugui

1 hour ago, Watson156 said:

Does anybody know if it is possible to add a players 2nd nationality to this page and also the Active Recruitment pages although I assume they're using the same panel?

spacer.png

it is, i believe it's the "active recruitment focuses panel.xml"

Hello Guys, I'm trying to change this human profile, can somebody help me to add the text about the coaching license into or next to the coaching license text? I've tried to copy the code
<widget class="label" id="coco"

but I didn't get any result.
I will attach my human profile.xml

Screenshot (6216).png

Screenshot (6217).png

human profile.xml

Is it possible with some code to get round corners on stadium bacgkround images on player profile (custom TATO23 skin)

Code:

<container  class="main_subtle_box_no_margin" priority="1" default_height="-1" id="cuto">
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
        <!--<record id="object_property" get_property="Preg" set_property="hidn"/> -->    
    <container>
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true" inset="0"/>

<widget class="club_overview_stadium_panel" file="none" id="it2k" save_session_state="true" dont_set_hint="true">
            <record id="object_property" get_property="Pclb" set_property="objt"/>
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true"/>

<widget class="stadium_picture" dont_set_hint="true">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="-50"/>
                <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
            </widget>

</widget>
    </container>

credits to @JustHowie

YksGoHc.jpeg

Kpm5pdS.png

Edited by aduh

17 minutes ago, aduh said:

Is it possible with some code to get round corners on stadium bacgkround images on player profile (custom TATO23 skin)

Code:

<container  class="main_subtle_box_no_margin" priority="1" default_height="-1" id="cuto">
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
    <container>

<widget class="club_overview_stadium_panel" file="none" id="it2k" save_session_state="true" dont_set_hint="true">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="-50"/>
            </widget>

</widget>
    </container>

credits to @JustHowie

YksGoHc.jpeg

Kpm5pdS.png

Short answer, no.

Longer answer, you can create a custom graphic which is just corners (needs a transparent middle), layer it over the top and set it to the background colour.  As the border colours are included in some of the pictures in the stadium pack, you'll actually probably want to create a graphic that also blocks that, too, else you'll end up with rounded corners, but weird lines of colour around the edges.

2 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Short answer, no.

Longer answer, you can create a custom graphic which is just corners (needs a transparent middle), layer it over the top and set it to the background colour.  As the border colours are included in some of the pictures in the stadium pack, you'll actually probably want to create a graphic that also blocks that, too, else you'll end up with rounded corners, but weird lines of colour around the edges.

Thank  you for your answer. I could do that as I work in Photoshop and I understand what you mean.
Could you share code for it, for this layer all together with code above (from JustHowie)?

1 minute ago, aduh said:

Thank  you for your answer. I could do that as I work in Photoshop and I understand what you mean.
Could you share code for it, for this layer all together with code above (from JustHowie)?

This would be my approach:

<container>

</widget>

</widget>

<!--ADD OVERLAY HERE, THE 'ALL' STICK TO SIDES ATTACHMENT ABOVE MEANS THAT WHAT YOU PLACE INSIDE THE CONTAINER WILL FILL THE WHOLE CONTAINER, IN THE ORDER THAT IT IS ADDED IN CODE.  RED_REPLACEMENT IS USED TO RECOLOUR GRAPHIC.  IF YOUR GRAPHIC IS BLUE, USE BLUE_REPLACEMENT, AND SO ON-->
    <widget class="picture" file="[insert graphic path here]" scale_picture="true" alignment="centre" red_replacement="bg"/>

</container>

1 minute ago, GIMN said:

<container>

</widget>

</widget>

<!--ADD OVERLAY HERE, THE 'ALL' STICK TO SIDES ATTACHMENT ABOVE MEANS THAT WHAT YOU PLACE INSIDE THE CONTAINER WILL FILL THE WHOLE CONTAINER, IN THE ORDER THAT IT IS ADDED IN CODE.  RED_REPLACEMENT IS USED TO RECOLOUR GRAPHIC.  IF YOUR GRAPHIC IS BLUE, USE BLUE_REPLACEMENT, AND SO ON-->
    <widget class="picture" file="[insert graphic path here]" scale_picture="true" alignment="centre" red_replacement="bg"/>

</container>

Thanks Il try :)

11 minutes ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

Hi guys, hope all is well.

Any idea from where can I edit/remove to get the background working as it is in the 2nd screenshot?
For some reason it seems there is a box blocking it...

CarlosTevez_Inbox-174.thumb.png.2c68548237af92c711d1787cb4962636.png

CarlosTevez_Inbox-173.thumb.png.076ca8517bb303da04deed410ef46e9d.png

client object browser

put "transparency="0"" in line 45 or 75, can't remember

1 hour ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

Hi guys, hope all is well.

Any idea from where can I edit/remove to get the background working as it is in the 2nd screenshot?
For some reason it seems there is a box blocking it...

CarlosTevez_Inbox-174.thumb.png.2c68548237af92c711d1787cb4962636.png

CarlosTevez_Inbox-173.thumb.png.076ca8517bb303da04deed410ef46e9d.png

inboox item.xml
inbox uses contrast_box class for containers. you need change class or use appearance with transparency for existing class

14 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

inboox item.xml
inbox uses contrast_box class for containers. you need change class or use appearance with transparency for existing class

Temporarily removed the whole inbox item.xml and it works, obviously need to look further now to make them both work. Thanks a lot my guy! Much appreciated

22 hours ago, GIMN said:

<container>

</widget>

</widget>

</container>

Its not working :(

<container>

</widget>

</widget>

<widget class="picture" file="graphics/layer" scale_picture="true" alignment="centre" red_replacement="bg"/>

</container>

1gSDVah.png

o8Cb4HD.png

layer.png

2 hours ago, aduh said:

Its not working :(

<container>

</widget>

</widget>

<widget class="picture" file="graphics/layer" scale_picture="true" alignment="centre" red_replacement="bg"/>

</container>

1gSDVah.png

o8Cb4HD.png

layer.png

Try "image_alignment" instead of "alignment".  If that doesn't work, try "centre_x,centre_y" instead of "centre".  If that doesn't work, try the variations that haven't been used yet.  Make sure to turn off caching when reloading skin.

5 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

Is there anywhere to find the list of  translation_id numbers , I am trying to get the headings for pros and cons. thank you.

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\languages

Il 20/5/2023 in 16:16 , FMLuc ha scritto:

Hello Guys, I'm trying to change this human profile, can somebody help me to add the text about the coaching license into or next to the coaching license text? I've tried to copy the code
<widget class="label" id="coco"

but I didn't get any result.
I will attach my human profile.xml

Screenshot (6216).png

Screenshot (6217).png

human profile.xml 46.5 kb  · 0 downloads

Can please someone help me how to figure out that?

On 21/05/2023 at 19:01, Olas Nick said:

inboox item.xml

I managed to get it to work but I guess I still have a resolution problem whilst shifting from 2560x1440 (laptop) to external monitor 1920x1080.
It seems to work on 1920x1080 but not on my laptop. Went through every file of the skin but no luck.

CarlosTevez_Inbox-177.thumb.png.d9a5c9f5af35f3f63e0e0f757e662dd4.png

CarlosTevez_Inbox-176.thumb.png.0f59d30df30fa0c9c0633aa9370b1c65.png

2 hours ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

I managed to get it to work but I guess I still have a resolution problem whilst shifting from 2560x1440 (laptop) to external monitor 1920x1080.
It seems to work on 1920x1080 but not on my laptop. Went through every file of the skin but no luck.

CarlosTevez_Inbox-177.thumb.png.d9a5c9f5af35f3f63e0e0f757e662dd4.png

CarlosTevez_Inbox-176.thumb.png.0f59d30df30fa0c9c0633aa9370b1c65.png

Did you change the actual graphic? If you did you'll have to change the @2x too, that dictates the graphics used when using Zooms