Croatia vs Belgium & Canada vs Morocco - 3pm GMT

Darius1998

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely it's obvious why offsides sometimes get referred to the on-field ref - because there is subjectivity around whether an offside player is interfering with play and that is for the on-field ref to decide on, not VAR.  Don't see why Jenas and the commentator are so confused

2 minutes ago, Darius1998 said:

Did they take different parts of the sleeves for both players? :D

That's exactly what it looks like.

Anyhow, I'm just thinking this out loud...like 99% offsides have players move after the pass is made.

Attackers gain advante with their legs, because well...they're used for moving.

How's shoulder any relevant if both players make a few more steps towards the ball and Belgian's feet were ahead. Unless someone rolls around, that is.

image.png.b24358770b332215c857a54c62291d5f.png

Game's gone. :D

Btw, what's the worst of it all, I would've given the offside because of the other player who was blatantly offside and ran towards the ball and it probably wasn't even a penalty since the contact was minimal, but they're making a mockery out of the sport with this.

Edited by GunmaN1905

2 minutes ago, Constantine said:

Every time bs like this happen, it make me think that maybe we should've adopted that Wenger offside rule. It would be less ridiculous and easier to check...

Just make it so only feet count, because in 99% of the situations both defenders and attackers make more steps after the offside call is decided and therefore a sleeve or even a head doesn't make a difference, because you gain advantage with starting position of your feet.

Just now, Wolf_pd said:

Please explain, so next time my Croat colleague winks at me I understand :)

That wink didn't mean "yeah mate, we got this"... It meant "chill mate, you're already up, **** off".

1 minute ago, kpain16 said:

That wink didn't mean "yeah mate, we got this"... It meant "chill mate, you're already up, **** off".

It's looks a bit friendlier than the **** off for sure, but that's probably a way of bringing a message in a more friendly way :D

13 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Oh that's bad GK'ing from Morocco. 1-2.

I don't think it's bad keeping, ball takes an unexpected deflection by the defender and the keeper is naturally caught wrong footed. No wonder he couldn't keep it out even if he still takes a touch

5 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

It's looks a bit friendlier than the **** off for sure, but that's probably a way of bringing a message in a more friendly way :D

Yeah, but I don't think a single Balkan person would fail to realize it's a **** off wink. That's where the cultural difference kicks in. But of course like every conspiracy theory, if you believe in it real hard and perpetually bring it up, it becomes a "well known fact".

Edited by kpain16

36 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

920879481f4d9749f63236b98f2775c2.png

Am I missing something here? :D

I mean where do you draw the line where the arm is offside? it's absolute criminal where VAR has gone, it takes the fun out of the magic of the World Cup because of this technology now

6 minutes ago, kpain16 said:

Haha :D BS :D :D That reminds me of our old D&D sessions.

Gamesmaster: you are in a bubble of silence. Whatever you say, your companians will not understand you. 
Player: OK, my character says nothing, but he looks at his companions as if he wants to say XYZ

That wink meant what it meant and Vida (and the rest of that DZ team) are also candidates for many ill wishes from me. 

6 minutes ago, kpain16 said:

Yeah, but I don't think a single Balkan person would fail to realize it's a **** off wink. That's where the cultural difference kicks in. But of course like every conspiracy theory, if you believe in it real hard and perpetually bring it up, it becomes a "well known fact".

Oh, I don't care much about the conspiracy theory the Ajax fans see there. I don't support Ajax. It looked odd from my perspective, but as I say, that's my perspective, nothing more.

1 minute ago, DJ said:

Gamesmaster: you are in a bubble of silence. Whatever you say, your companians will not understand you. 
Player: OK, my character says nothing, but he looks at his companions as if he wants to say XYZ

That wink meant what it meant and Vida (and the rest of that DZ team) are also candidates for many ill wishes from me.

See, that's it. You believe in it religiously, nothing can change your mind. For you it's the truth. Eastern European trash match fixing CL games, screw the Occam's razor and the fact you fail to know what Vida meant.

1 minute ago, kpain16 said:

See, that's it. You believe in it religiously, nothing can change your mind. For you it's the truth. Eastern European trash match fixing CL games, screw the Occam's razor and the fact you fail to know what Vida meant.

Nope. DZ trash. You think people don't know how corrupt they are?

Pathetic. That game was thrown and we both know it. Hell, everyone knows it. 

14 minutes ago, av3ry said:

Thought they did "thicker" lines to avoid the mess of the penalty debacle in the Croatia game.

As far as I understand there's no tolerance with the semi-automated system being used here. Even if the technology is mm accurate, a margin in favour of the attacker would be better for the game imo.

Exact figures could be tweaked, bit something similar to Umpire's Call in cricket:

A) Level or behind the defender, onside.

B) 10cm ahead of the defender, offside.

C) 1mm-10cm ahead of the defender, stick with linesman's decision (either way).

4 minutes ago, DJ said:

Having just watched the incident in question (terrible video quality, but still), it does looks to me more like "cmon dude, it's enough, **** off the" than anything nefarious.

Dinamo does have a dodgy, match fixing reputation so I guess that could paint it in a negative light but just this situation in a vacuum, I have to side with kpain here...

1 minute ago, Constantine said:

Having just watched the incident in question (terrible video quality, but still), it does looks to me more like "cmon dude, it's enough, **** off the" than anything nefarious.

Dinamo does have a dodgy, match fixing reputation so I guess that could paint it in a negative light but just this situation in a vacuum, I have to side with kpain here...

Believe what you like. Bless your heart, as they say ^^

Anyway, enough about this. We'll miss Lukaku scoring the winner if we go on. 

Edited by DJ

1 minute ago, m_fenton said:

As far as I understand there's no tolerance with the semi-automated system being used here. Even if the technology is mm accurate, a margin in favour of the attacker would be better for the game imo.

Exact figures could be tweaked, bit something similar to Umpire's Call in cricket:

A) Level or behind the defender, onside.

B) 10cm ahead of the defender, offside.

C) 1mm-10cm ahead of the defender, stick with linesman's decision (either way).

The only question is why did Taylor go to the monitor?

If he was checking if the passive attacker was involved or if the contact for the foul was enough, fine, but why was he checking the uatomated system?

Nothing makes sense and they're just frustrating the fans.

French goal from yesterday was even more ridiculous.

38 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

That's exactly what it looks like.

Anyhow, I'm just thinking this out loud...like 99% offsides have players move after the pass is made.

Attackers gain advante with their legs, because well...they're used for moving.

How's shoulder any relevant if both players make a few more steps towards the ball and Belgian's feet were ahead. Unless someone rolls around, that is.

image.png.b24358770b332215c857a54c62291d5f.png

Game's gone. :D

tbf I've been saying this for a while. Just do feet: works at levels of football without VAR, easier to spot when you're standing at the side of the pitch and players are in a bundle, much clearer on the replay and actually makes more sense. 

Plus players don't get routinely penalised if the ball strikes their foot :D 

8 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

Why is there a Welsh tournament recap on? Did I switch channels?

Half time filler. Although highlights of the Welsh tournament could probably fill the five seconds whilst someone takes a throw in...