Ghana vs Uruguay & South Korea vs Portugal, 3PM BST

GunmaN1905

image.png.0be47a2e8f566281d8aee7c28a6576e0.png           image.png.e897b5863ed23321f51b9535528144e0.png

image.png.9d626c0275677fd4fbd5889c08af422f.png

Portugal is all but guaranteed to finish first. Ghana can get first with a win and a Portugal loss, while making up the 3 GD difference.

For second, Korea needs a win and favorable GD if Ghana doesn't win against Uruguay.

Uruguay needs a win and favorable GD if Korea wins.

But it's most likely just be a bout a direct clash between Ghana and Uruguay.

Uruguay seems to be way more attacking this match. Vecino and Godin finally dropped, going to be a proper 4-4-2 with attack-oriented wide midfielders.

Ghana still holds that grudge from 2010, we've all seen their reporter calling Suarez the devil, so this game could get out of hand.

Portugal resting most of their team, but Cristiano obviously wants some easy goals in his usual fashion.

Edited by GunmaN1905

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Portugal will beat South Korea, no problems. Ehh.

Ghana vs Uruguay, though. That's gonna be spicy:D

Ghana have played some great stuff at times, and Kudus has emerged as one of the World Cup's best young players, so I hope they win (not just because of what happened in 2010). But I think Uruguay will be stubborn and tough and will grind their way into the last 16. Yay. :(

Paulo Bento leads South Korea against his home country.

"How many times has someone managed at the World Cup against their own nation?"  I hear you cry.

Well fear not.  I have looked this up so that you don't have to:

image.png.ca1432d2f5e0c3368f30434901caaa5d.png

I guess people remember Queiroz, Klinsmann, Eriksson etc.  But down the years a lot more common that you might think.

Ghana turned out to be one of my favorite sides to watch on this World Cup. I'd love them to qualify but... I can't shake the feeling Uruguay will ********* their way into knockouts. Somehow.

Korea's been fun to watch but they badly lack a clinical striker in the final third. I can't see them getting anything, even against this Portugal B side.

11 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

"How many times has someone managed at the World Cup against their own nation?"  I hear you cry.

I guess people remember Queiroz, Klinsmann, Eriksson etc.  But down the years a lot more common that you might think.

Also had Gerardo Martino managing Mexico against Argentina a few days ago.

15 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Paulo Bento is suspended so he is not actually leading South Korea against Portugal.

19 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

5live said Portugal is on BBC1, weird.

I don't think the game itself will be that dirty, depends how close it gets towards the end. Hopefully there's a lot of VAR time so I can watch the end when I finish work :thup:

I think they (both networks) have picked the group games they're going to show on the respective channels before the tournament began and aren't going to change the channels they're on despite the importance of the game.

3 minutes ago, The Golden boy said:

I think they (both networks) have picked the group games they're going to show on the respective channels before the tournament began and aren't going to change the channels they're on despite the importance of the game.

ah that would make some sort of sense I guess, maybe some commercial arrangements etc are affected by what's shown on what channel (I know BBC doesnt have ads here but its overseas feeds may) so they can't change them.

Awful spill by the keeper, saved by offside.

1 minute ago, Ackter said:

There's something very funny about Ronaldo sticking his hand up the second anyone gets the ball near the box.

Lukaku also does it. :D

Reminds me of some sports games where you're controlling only one players and you can press a button to raise your hand up and signal you're open.

They're just spamming that button. :lol:

Edited by GunmaN1905

Just now, pearcey_90 said:

I assume he wasn't, otherwise yea, how isn't he deemed offside?

He probably wasn't, that would 100% be disallowed if he was.

Massive spill by the keeper.

Just now, Haguey said:

have you not learned from this tournament yet

Someone has to help them turn it around. :mad:

Edited by GunmaN1905