[FM23][SKIN] Moneyball23 v1.0

TCSSkin

28 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

Hey! This skin looks great. Only issue I'm running into is the popup panel has a couple of sizing issues. Running it on 1920x1200.

image.png.c88347bdf6f3897e9d19e51c71fd4a34.png

Yeah that's on me, I don't use that panel at all so didn't think.

Will be fixed for 1.1

5 hours ago, phild64 said:

Do you mind just explaining how to merge with Flut Skin? What XML files do you transfer for the above 4 pics? And where did you place them? I've tried merging files before between skins (because I like bits of many skins!) But it just seems to mess up the skin I am adding files too! Ant help would be greatly appreciated. 

I don't know what I'm doing really, so it was trial and error. I made sure I kept copies of Flut folders when I faffed around. What I did was copy into Flut the Moneyball folders of classes, panels, graphics and settings (just leaving fonts and properties alone), but had a couple of goes as replacing all files wasn't successful and not replacing files was - in one folder - I can't remember exactly. Since I had the backups, I could have a couple of goes until I got it right.

Hey bluestillidie00, thank you for your both skins. I tried to get the Advanced Statistics into your other skin. I copied the tabs folder and copied the advanced statistics lines from the player overview panel into the other one. Everything is working so far, beside the colors underneath high, medium and low ratings in the FM Stags Stats tab, as you can see below. How do i get them? (Nvm, found it in the boxes tables order, what im just suprised is, the bar for the player stats is now in red like in low ratings, instead of in white like in medium) l  What I also found out, for IF in FM Stag Stats tab, at the end it says pass completion ratio, i think it should say conversion rate (%).

image.thumb.png.542554e9bc6ee5babfb448b59ab77ed9.png

In the WP tab on non penalty xG p90, the medium stat is wrong, it says 0,37 but should be 1,68.

image.png.3bb116b1e90da8b192062de847d6c50d.png

I jsut found out that on the CB tab it says ! High, ! Medium, ! Low, instead of just high, medium low and the stats in the last row are bold and larger then the others.

I hope you don't mind my comment.

Otherwise as i said thank you for your awesome skins.

Edited by Duckn

An absolutely outstanding skin and one of the best I have ever come across for an emersion of both statistical data and numerical data. The bonus of being able to play 'attributeless' or to use both attributes and advanced stats is what makes it unique and just perfect.

The only downside for me is that it doesn't allow the user to display all the wonderful backgrounds that are available to be used in FM -  so it would be amazing if somebody could combine this skin with a skin that has the ability to display background images to there fullest. May be a Bluestillidie00 and Flut merger??  

Amazing work! Thank you for your hard work.

1 hour ago, phild64 said:

An absolutely outstanding skin and one of the best I have ever come across for an emersion of both statistical data and numerical data. The bonus of being able to play 'attributeless' or to use both attributes and advanced stats is what makes it unique and just perfect.

The only downside for me is that it doesn't allow the user to display all the wonderful backgrounds that are available to be used in FM -  so it would be amazing if somebody could combine this skin with a skin that has the ability to display background images to there fullest. May be a Bluestillidie00 and Flut merger??  

Amazing work! Thank you for your hard work.

I just did that and explained it above.

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I just did that and explained it above.

Appreciate that mate but tried your explanation and it just broke the FLUT skin for me. I would love a skinners view on how it can be done without messing up the skin you are trying to merge it with. No offence though. 

Just now, phild64 said:

Appreciate that mate but tried your explanation and it just broke the FLUT skin for me. I would love a skinners view on how it can be done without messing up the skin you are trying to merge it with. No offence though. 

Okay fair enough. It took me a few goes.

23 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Click the "no attributes" tab. That brings up a drop-down menu with 13 options. The coach summary is "pros/cons".

Thank you! Is there any way to change the panel in overview or to remove it just so I don't accidently click overview and see the attributes.

15 minutes ago, baller94 said:

Thank you! Is there any way to change the panel in overview or to remove it just so I don't accidently click overview and see the attributes.

You could remove a certain file from the skin folder but I'm not sure which one. Would like to know for sure myself.

@Firthy49 I can't see it. It does seem to be an oversight.

3 hours ago, baller94 said:

for now id edit the skin colours like in the OP. If i don't include the attributes people will complain so i've had to settle on what i have for now. 

Height missing is an oversight 

On 16/01/2023 at 07:40, Duckn said:

Hey bluestillidie00, thank you for your both skins. I tried to get the Advanced Statistics into your other skin. I copied the tabs folder and copied the advanced statistics lines from the player overview panel into the other one. Everything is working so far, beside the colors underneath high, medium and low ratings in the FM Stags Stats tab, as you can see below. How do i get them? (Nvm, found it in the boxes tables order, what im just suprised is, the bar for the player stats is now in red like in low ratings, instead of in white like in medium) l  What I also found out, for IF in FM Stag Stats tab, at the end it says pass completion ratio, i think it should say conversion rate (%).

image.thumb.png.542554e9bc6ee5babfb448b59ab77ed9.png

In the WP tab on non penalty xG p90, the medium stat is wrong, it says 0,37 but should be 1,68.

image.png.3bb116b1e90da8b192062de847d6c50d.png

I jsut found out that on the CB tab it says ! High, ! Medium, ! Low, instead of just high, medium low and the stats in the last row are bold and larger then the others.

I hope you don't mind my comment.

Otherwise as i said thank you for your awesome skins.

Did you ever get the !High, !Medium, !Low sorted?

Yes, i cant look it up right now, but in the config file for the cb role, the name for the classes are titeld with !High, !Medium, !Low. If you open it, you will see what I mean. I dunno if only deleting the "!" will help, but @bluestillidie00 had a link in every other role at that same line. If you compare the other roles, I hope you see it. So just copy that one line in the CB config and to replace the line with !High in it. It should work.

1 hour ago, 9lasball said:

I can't get this approach to work. I've tried troubleshooting different things. I am at a loss, how the hell do I install this?

Assuming the folders are in the appropriate places and you've done all the steps required perhaps the issue lies in game where you need to reload the skin and click a couple settings.

Inside Preferences > Search bar > type "skin" > enable "Reload skin when confirming changes to preferences. > Also enable "On" for "Reload skin when confirming changes in preferences"

Now, if none of this helps.. You'll need to seek guidance from someone perhaps a little knowledgeable of skinning in FM but these are the steps I did and it worked. Hope it does for you.

6 hours ago, JoshCarter9x said:

Guys i am really struggling to install the skin.

when its downloaded its in a zip 7Rar file and when extracted its not working if place into skins folder.

can someone give me a step by step please

Copy paste folders from zip to Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2023 <-- that folder - do not paste them INSIDE "skins"

4 hours ago, 9lasball said:

Doh. Thanks. My scouting tab doesn't seem to work now though.

wherearethescouts.png

It works fine for me.  And I have the skin installed in the regular way - e.g. the Moneyball folder has been extracted into Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2023 -> Skins.

22 hours ago, Daz2205 said:

Copy paste folders from zip to Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2023 <-- that folder - do not paste them INSIDE "skins"

Thanks for this.

however i followed this step and its still no difference in game. Do i need to start a new save or something else can do?

2 hours ago, JoshCarter9x said:

Thanks for this.

however i followed this step and its still no difference in game. Do i need to start a new save or something else can do?

No need to start a new save, skins aren't data driven. Have you reloaded the skin within the game?

Inside Preferences > Search bar > type "skin" > enable "Reload skin when confirming changes to preferences. > Also enable "On" for "Reload skin when confirming changes in preferences" > Click "Reload Skin" bottom right. Should be under the default Football Manager 2023 skin as I believe its a rework of the default skin. (could be wrong but it worked for me under the default FM23 skin)

Edited by Daz2205

3 minutes ago, JoshCarter9x said:

image.thumb.png.0f81d017c8ff99b3dce3ec3e43a5817b.pngSee the screenshot. it looks like i am somehow getting half the skin but just not the tabs to hide attriubutes

Screen resolution perhaps? I'm not in the slightest a skin expert, perhaps someone else could lead you further but at least you managed to get it loaded! :lol:

31 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

@9lasball @JoshCarter9x
I don't understand why you don't want to use the skins as the authors sees them. in my opinion, it's just disrespectful to the author when you try to make some hideous frankenstein out of different skins and discuss it in the author's thread :rolleyes:

Yeah can't say I love it, but i don't care enough either 😂

I won't stop discussion about it, but i don't provide support

20 minutes ago, cblerkom said:

I have downloaded the skin and have it in the skin file but cannot seem to get it to become selectable when I try and apply it. Has anyone else had this problem and knows how to get it to work?

Extracted the file?

On 25/01/2023 at 10:54, arcane0 said:

Hi all, I am a super noob, who was scouring the skinning hideout forum for tips on how to merge the player overview panel from WTCS5 with the advance statistics
panel into Vince Skin these 2-3 days.

Vince skin is my current favourite but I think the player overview panel info could use some new ideas.

I like the FM stag stats where you can compare your player against the expected stats and gauge how they perform. Thanks bluestillidie00 for the panels. :D

I came accross Moneyball skin thread today  and realize it has same creator with WTCS5, I found out how to merge the player overview successfully after reading few posts above.

So I thought of sharing what I did this morning as I saw someone asking about this and if there is others who wanna try.

Be sure to check the files naming in case you overwrite some important files needed for the original skin to work.

1. Copy the panels/player folder and its files from Moneyball/WTCS5 into the target skin same folder. Overwrite all the files.
2. Copy files the files in classes folder from Moneyball/WTCS5 into the target skin same folder. For me there is no overwrite, as the files name are different in Vince skin
3. Copy the graphics/tcs folder from Moneyball/WTCS5 into the target skin same folder.
4. Clear cache and reload skin.

This works for me in Vince Skin. I think should work for others.

However, I had a problem after that where the background of the player overview panel all has a red background.
This was present in every individual panel.

So, I figure some things out and just went ahead and delete some files from the graphics-tcs skin.
1. Delete the all the files in /graphics/tcs/boxes/main e.g paper.psd, paper.png, top left.png- all of them
2. Delete the files in tcs/boxes/attribute e.g paper.png, paper@2x.png, paper.xml
3. Delete the files in graphics/tcs/boxes/main/tabbed e.g paper.png, paper@2x.png, paper.xml

I am not sure if the above 'delete steps' are for everyone, but you can give it a try if there is similiar issue.
Again, I am very new, so I suggest backup the original files and maybe you need to try few times to succeed.

PS: I play on a Mac, so the folder path is / format.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 4.41.48 PM.png

I tried what you said on the tato skin and it keeps crashing my fm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 15/01/2023 at 21:18, TCSSkin said:

Yeah that's on me, I don't use that panel at all so didn't think.

Will be fixed for 1.1

Hi
Did a 1.1 version happen or if not are there any plans to do one?

Thanks

On 22/09/2023 at 19:28, TCSSkin said:

nah i ended up burning out on fm before i got a chance to finish it

No problem and thanks for the reply.

I realised that your WTCS5 v1.2 skin does pretty much everything I want it to anyway :thup:

So if anybody else was wondering the same thing... just go get this one.

I used the one with attributes but then set the alpha of the attribute colours to 0 so it hides the attributes.

• 5 weeks later...