How do you get wonderkids from every continent?

The best players in my save are all European. I've had an impossibly small amount of top-level players come from South America, and effectively 0 from  Asia or Africa, - do I need to add playable leagues from those continents to my save to add even the possibility of more geographic diversity of star players, or add "international" or "continental reputation" players from those continents, or what? 

Either or will work (loading players is less taxing on your system than playable leagues).  The game tries to keep a population balance, if you have no players/leagues loaded from South America, there will be little useful youths coming from there.

Edited by Maviarab

Yes, more leagues and players. Load a few more leagues outside Europe. For example I load the only one in Africa. Perhaps there are some divisions in Europe you can skip? I only load top divisions for a faster game. (Except the country I manage in)

Edited by Dreambuilder

You will not find wonderkids who play in places like Africa and Asia for the most part without changing youth ratings. You will really only find African and Asian players on foreign super power teams like Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona and so forth.

Edited by FM21_Scout

3 hours ago, FM21_Scout said:

You will not find wonderkids who play in places like Africa and Asia for the most part without changing youth ratings. You will really only find African and Asian players on foreign super power teams like Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona and so forth.

That's not entirely true. You can find good African players from African teams or Asian teams but the probability is lower compared to those coming from decent team. 

I had a save in FM 20 where I played for about 17 seasons and I got very good players from some Cameroonian teams and Iranian teams 

16 hours ago, FM21_Scout said:

That's not true. Especially in African countries there will pop up wonderkids if you have enough players loaded. I had a look in my game (in 2027) and found a few interesting players that generated in African clubs.

hTNY99M.png64dk33W.png

oJj1hFR.png

XRAItrG.png

J3TWcsv.png

1h0BxaK.png

The last one even has the media description Wonderkid and was generated in AFAD in the Ivory Coast.

Also looked a bit further into other continents and found a few more

FpGfPTt.png

XJCrpXt.png

hqOPDjD.png

uOT08bi.png

0TX81Bx.png

w5h0ube.png

vmn0ViR.png

0SsUi8Y.png

oE7jkjz.png

Rv2okw0.png

Now, many of these might not be wonderkids, but they are certainly very good and talented players, so I'd say it more than a good reason to look for them outside Europe and South America.

To increase the diversity of your player pool, you may want to consider expanding your save to include playable leagues from those regions. Adding more teams and leagues from Asia and Africa can help to increase the pool of potential players and bring more diversity to your save. Another option is to increase the continental reputation of the leagues and teams in those regions, which can attract higher-level players. 

In other words, use the IGE and boost the youth coaching and facilities for a bunch of foreign clubs

1 hour ago, jcp1417 said:

To increase the diversity of your player pool, you may want to consider expanding your save to include playable leagues from those regions. Adding more teams and leagues from Asia and Africa can help to increase the pool of potential players and bring more diversity to your save. Another option is to increase the continental reputation of the leagues and teams in those regions, which can attract higher-level players. 

In other words, use the IGE and boost the youth coaching and facilities for a bunch of foreign clubs

Actually, playable leagues is not needed, you just need to add the players from there during game creation. The images I posted above is from my current save where I only have a few European leagues loaded.

Kz32pxw.png

5 hours ago, XaW said:

Actually, playable leagues is not needed, you just need to add the players from there during game creation. The images I posted above is from my current save where I only have a few European leagues loaded.

Kz32pxw.png

If he’s already started his save, that’s not an option. I also question how the transfer market is impacted with so many players and relatively few active teams. 

5 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

If he’s already started his save, that’s not an option. I also question how the transfer market is impacted with so many players and relatively few active teams. 

Yes, if it's an already started game, then I agree, though there are few leagues in Africa (1), so it's not like just adding South Africa will solve it.

I've not experience any issues, but I play youth-only, so I don't pay that close attention either. Selling players work fine at least.

AI Man City is using a lot of money at least...

a7IPHb2.png