New update and the editor

2 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Going to sink my teeth into this later, but any initial thoughts on the update? Any obvious fixes to common issues we normally adjust the PGE? Any big changes? Anything jumping out that will require adjustment in edited DBs?

As we said before - god help us :D

There MAY be a bug where it counts the wrong number of teams in the Asian World Cup qualifiers. I posted about it earlier and to see if it was just me I created a vanilla US database (no changes, in advanced rules) and had the same issue. I'm posting it to the bug forum now. 

9 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

New starting UID for new added clubs. 

It was 2000230152 - now its 2000247395.

Great news for people who have graphics based on 23.2!

Which is the way to find the starting UID?

Would love to know😎

2 hours ago, vourtsio said:

Which is the way to find the starting UID?

Would love to know😎

I have excel list so its not problem for me but i simply cant understand why they make these changes. Only reason is to make sure we dont use files from this FM in next versiion of the game. And this is not the first time. Thats why i always say - real game release date is march - everything before is just fraud and beta testing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/03/2023 at 20:14, nielsoncp said:

There MAY be a bug where it counts the wrong number of teams in the Asian World Cup qualifiers. I posted about it earlier and to see if it was just me I created a vanilla US database (no changes, in advanced rules) and had the same issue. I'm posting it to the bug forum now. 

I've had a similar issue but with another competition. I've created the Central Asian Championship (international tournament) but when I test rules, it tells me the Icelandic Cup is missing a team :(

You can take the club Kordrengir (has a long Icelandic name), make them un-extinct, and put them back in the "Icelandic First Division" and then whatever weirdness it's doing in the background will count the right number of teams and verify. This might need another fix if/when SI fix it themselves.

10 horas atrás, DodgeeD disse:

I've had a similar issue but with another competition. I've created the Central Asian Championship (international tournament) but when I test rules, it tells me the Icelandic Cup is missing a team :(

7 horas atrás, yellowsweatygorilla disse:

Same with my CONCACAF file...

2 horas atrás, themodelcitizen disse:

You can take the club Kordrengir (has a long Icelandic name), make them un-extinct, and put them back in the "Icelandic First Division" and then whatever weirdness it's doing in the background will count the right number of teams and verify. This might need another fix if/when SI fix it themselves.

For some reason 1 team is missing in the 2nd division of Iceland in DB and is causing this error in the editor, I hope SI corrects, because having to do this in all continental and world files and very boring, I researched and made all the correct changes between divisions reaching the 4 division of Iceland, where there and possible to check the files, because I had some personal and gave this error, if you want to use the file I left attached, just join the file and check, or as quoted @themodelcitizen make them un-extinct club also works.

Iceland correction.fmf

Edited by WatsonFM

• 2 weeks later...
Am 6.4.2023 um 06:13 schrieb WatsonFM:

For some reason 1 team is missing in the 2nd division of Iceland in DB and is causing this error in the editor, I hope SI corrects, because having to do this in all continental and world files and very boring, I researched and made all the correct changes between divisions reaching the 4 division of Iceland, where there and possible to check the files, because I had some personal and gave this error, if you want to use the file I left attached, just join the file and check, or as quoted @themodelcitizen make them un-extinct club also works.

Iceland correction.fmf 15.17 kB · 3 downloads

For real though, it's really just getting tedious at this point. You almost get the feeling that they want to push people away from making the editor by how overly tedious they make everything this year - if not intentionally then evidently by lack of effort. I swear every single update this year has introduced new issues, even if the excessive crashing from the beginning was fixed.

At the same time most of the posts I read on here talk about one of three issues - issues I experience myself - and yet I see no effort being made to either fix those or make the the editor more intuitive so they can fix those issues themselves without having to pray for someone with more experience to come along.

As for you, thank you very much for posting the correction, I immensely appreciate it. I just loaded up the U20 South American Championship files because those need to be fixed for a database of mine where I added another country to South America (even if I don't want it to take part in tournaments at all) and encountered this issue.

I wonder, do we know about that same issue in the U20 South American Championship? Because after applying your fix - which worked - I get this:

erroru20sa.jpg.477800c01fa0d8f2f2a05df3129164df.jpg

Mind you I have not changed ANYTHING in this database, I just pulled the U20 Championship into the advanced rules and merged with your fix.
I will look into it and try to fix it of course, but I'm not the most experienced when it comes to fixing internationals in advanced rules. It's just the feeling that something is already wrong by default...

EDIT: Or is this due to me drawing them into the advanced rules but not the qualifiers - meaning stage 0 from the competition doesn't actually specify teams. At least I think that should mean that I could technically kill the qualifiers if there are any (which it seems there actually aren't - which makes this really weird) and just specify the exact teams I want to feature, meaning I should be able to exclude my created nation somewhat easily.

All I want is to fic and add my African and South-American Superleagues into a World Champions League database I got from this forum...

Edited by MRC

4 minutes ago, MRC said:

For real though, it's really just getting tedious at this point. You almost get the feeling that they want to push people away from making the editor by how overly tedious they make everything this year - if not intentionally then evidently by lack of effort. I swear every single update this year has introduced new issues, even if the excessive crashing from the beginning was fixed.

At the same time most of the posts I read on here talk about one of three issues - issues I experience myself - and yet I see no effort being made to either fix those or make the the editor more intuitive so they can fix those issues themselves without having to pray for someone with more experience to come along.

As for you, thank you very much for posting the correction, I immensely appreciate it. I just loaded up the U20 South American Championship files because those need to be fixed for a database of mine where I added another country to South America (even if I don't want it to take part in tournaments at all) and encountered this issue.

No, they don't want to push people away from the editor. I mean, if they wanted to do that, they would just remove it and job done. But there is a time constraint and the editor clearly comes after the game in terms of priority.

And no, I am not defending it, because I am the first to tell SI if the editor has issues.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Wolf_pd:

No, they don't want to push people away from the editor. I mean, if they wanted to do that, they would just remove it and job done. But there is a time constraint and the editor clearly comes after the game in terms of priority.

And no, I am not defending it, because I am the first to tell SI if the editor has issues.

I'm aware they don't actually want to. Although there would be reasons to do it like this rather then removing it, namely less backlash.
It's the frustration about an error-ridden, unintuitive FM23 editor with new issues after every update that's speaking out of me here. Obviously the game itself comes first and obviously the schedule is tight. But then again there are instances where the editor gets changed just enough to f*ck with files from previous games but not enough to deliver actual improvements in functionality, interface or quality of life features.
All I know is that without a few helpful videos on Youtube and helpful & experienced people in this forum, I would have probably given up by now.

8 hours ago, MRC said:

I wonder, do we know about that same issue in the U20 South American Championship? Because after applying your fix - which worked - I get this:

erroru20sa.jpg.477800c01fa0d8f2f2a05df3129164df.jpg

Mind you I have not changed ANYTHING in this database, I just pulled the U20 Championship into the advanced rules and merged with your fix.
I will look into it and try to fix it of course, but I'm not the most experienced when it comes to fixing internationals in advanced rules. It's just the feeling that something is already wrong by default...

EDIT: Or is this due to me drawing them into the advanced rules but not the qualifiers - meaning stage 0 from the competition doesn't actually specify teams.

The edit definitely sounds like the issue. Stage 0 should have a Teams entry regardless of qualifiers. Some competitions (typically internationals) don't fully extract to advanced rules and need some work just to get them working the default way, this is probably one of those cases.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb rusty217:

The edit definitely sounds like the issue. Stage 0 should have a Teams entry regardless of qualifiers. Some competitions (typically internationals) don't fully extract to advanced rules and need some work just to get them working the default way, this is probably one of those cases.

Yes, that one was luckily easily fixable just by specifying the teams!

After that came the South American World Cup Qualifiers (which were messed up in my Superleague database by me adding another nation to South America) which was slightly more difficult because I just could not get the game to ignore that nation when verifying, but it was at least easily fixable by just adapting the competition for 11 nations rather than 10.

Next up is probably gonna be a decision for me to make - in my Superleague database, the next messed up competition to fix would be the Copa Libertadores. However, my initial idea was to merge it with @Dallans Worldwide Championsleague, because that's what I'm really shooting for - a database with an African, European and Southamerican Superleague with an intercontinental Champions League where teams from all over the world including these Superleagues participate.

The issue being that when I merge those two databases, the nation I created doesn't show up when I start a save. So my guess is that something's still messed up with my database but it doesn't get checked for verification when I merge it into the Worldwide CL. So I'll play around with that one for a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

I've also noticed under "squad selection" for "non-EU players" you can check a box for "Nation in EU". It says "Does this squad selection rule only apply if the nation is inside or outside the EU?"

By default, most look like they're checked. I wonder if that would spare us from the workaround I had to use for San Marino and Qatar to fix the default issue where trying to add "non-EU" rules glitched the game and forced the home country to ALSO be considered as non-EU

16 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I've also noticed under "squad selection" for "non-EU players" you can check a box for "Nation in EU". It says "Does this squad selection rule only apply if the nation is inside or outside the EU?"

By default, most look like they're checked. I wonder if that would spare us from the workaround I had to use for San Marino and Qatar to fix the default issue where trying to add "non-EU" rules glitched the game and forced the home country to ALSO be considered as non-EU

I believe it's just to activate/de-activate rules if/when contries join the EU. If their current EU status matches what you set for that rule it will be used, if not it won't.

I've used it for nations I've set to join the EU. Had a version with no that had a limit of foreign players, and a version with yes that had a limit of non-EU players, so once the nation joins the EU the foreign player limit changes to a non-EU player limit.

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I believe it's just to activate/de-activate rules if/when contries join the EU. If their current EU status matches what you set for that rule it will be used, if not it won't.

I've used it for nations I've set to join the EU. Had a version with no that had a limit of foreign players, and a version with yes that had a limit of non-EU players, so once the nation joins the EU the foreign player limit changes to a non-EU player limit.

Makes sense. So checked for if they're in the EU? Like so many of their written explanations in the editor, the text doesn't make much sense ("...only apply if the nation is inside or outside the EU?")

I suppose as long the EU switch is happening in an offseason (like July 1), you could just have separate squad rules ending the season prior and starting the following season