FM24

Kloppy

Another thing to point out: When the voiceover says "Enhanced player movements and animations" at 2:30ish in the video, I can't help but notice that despite said enhancements, players are still as ice-skatey as ever. Look at blue number 17 and 20, their feet are sliding on the grass rather than staying in sync with their animations 😕

edit: Obviously I'm nitpicking here, but it was the juxtaposition of the ice skating vs what the narrator was saying that made it stand out all the more to me. I don't want to come across like all my thoughts on the video are negative, because I'm really liking a lot of the changes/improvements that have been revealed so far!

Edited by autohoratio

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Stadiums are still as cornerless as ever, it seems

It's supposed to be Vicarage road, but in real life it only has a single 2 tier stand (not as tall as in-game either) on one side, the rest are single tier and there should be a stand in one of the corners

image.thumb.jpeg.6f62ea92839c3c6aa54584848572ba6e.jpeg

What bothers me most about this is the massive 40 feet of wall above the second tier. All to hang 2 small flags on?

Matches themselves look very impressive on. Big upgrade on last year, and 23 felt like a leap forward on 22. The match team are making real progress.

What is everyone's guess on first patch date?

This new FM looks great. Yet I expect after hundreds of thousands of users stress test the system, there will be some needed edits to player developments. I'd like to start my first career after that patch.

FM23 was only my second FM, so I don't have much experience on patches. 

16 minutes ago, DMVian said:

What is everyone's guess on first patch date?

This new FM looks great. Yet I expect after hundreds of thousands of users stress test the system, there will be some needed edits to player developments. I'd like to start my first career after that patch.

FM23 was only my second FM, so I don't have much experience on patches. 

Do you mean changes to player attributes and ability?

If so you'd be looking around January/February time I think when the transfer update patch is out.

3 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Do you mean changes to player attributes and ability?

If so you'd be looking around January/February time I think when the transfer update patch is out.

I mean as far as in-game development and pace of attribute progress. If I remember accurately, last year upon release there were some serious FM gamers who reported into game’s future years, progress was too slow and player quality dropped wildly, so SI had to do a tweak slightly and increase pace of progression for immersion’s sake.

8 minutes ago, DMVian said:

I mean as far as in-game development and pace of attribute progress. If I remember accurately, last year upon release there were some serious FM gamers who reported into game’s future years, progress was too slow and player quality dropped wildly, so SI had to do a tweak slightly and increase pace of progression for immersion’s sake.

I'm sure they will have worked on this extensively.

2 hours ago, DMVian said:

I'm in 2060 on FM22 and i'll be honest the balance seems okay.  Or at least as much as it could be.  But then I don't play in a way that would give me 20 league titles by this point.

On a side note I just made my first League cup final.  Lost in extra time.  Ruined my entire week

3 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Every goal in the latest ME video for FM24 came from a cross, I so hope it's not going to be a crossing simulator again, Fm23 did have a nice variety of goal types. 

No i also saw driibling inside for a goal twice

38 minutes ago, alian62 said:

No i also saw driibling inside for a goal twice

But there was zero central play that created a goal, hopefully it won't be a problem but something I noticed. Hopefully someone from the ME team can reassure me we have a good balance in goal creation. 

Edited by Weller1980

8 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

I'm in 2060 on FM22 and i'll be honest the balance seems okay.  Or at least as much as it could be.  But then I don't play in a way that would give me 20 league titles by this point.

On a side note I just made my first League cup final.  Lost in extra time.  Ruined my entire week

Out of interest how do you play?

11 minutes ago, SPE3D said:

It must be one of the most bizarre decisions in computer game history. To knowingly put your game backwards. Love to know what the rational was?

It use to be outsourced until FM18 . I think I remembered the Toal War team , Creative Assembly , done the graphics but I am just remembering ? It was then done by SI from FM18 onwards 

3 hours ago, alian62 said:

It use to be outsourced until FM18 . I think I remembered the Toal War team , Creative Assembly , done the graphics but I am just remembering ? It was then done by SI from FM18 onwards 

Something along those lines. Don’t know who exactly it was but it was 3rd party

2 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I'm looking forward to making weird and wonderful tactics with the new movement and awareness of other roles players now have.

Also some really nice looking goals in that video.

I’m looking forward to offering someone out using an intermediary, but I’m worried the new transfer intelligence will mean I still won’t have any takers for Cedric

Looks like the columns on the squad planner still aren't customisable, which is disappointing, but at least they are giving it some attention. Done right, it's an excellent feature, just fell a little short last year. 

I do like the 3 new ways to start a game though, this is something a lot of people have been crying out for, and I was always unsure how it could have been implemented in game. Kudos for them finding a way to make it work. I'll be particularly interested in how Option 2 works - I guess the transfers will be hardcoded to drop on specific dates so theres no chance of the human playing usurping a deal. Nice little QOL addition. 

17 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I’m looking forward to offering someone out using an intermediary, but I’m worried the new transfer intelligence will mean I still won’t have any takers for Cedric

Aaron Leya Iseka we gave him a 5 year 8 grand a week contract and he'd struggle to get into a five aside kick about team!

If an intermediary can get rid of him he's a genius.

16 minutes ago, Viking said:

Love the "real world" mode, as described in the last video. :thup:

I don't think I actually understand what it is and I re-watched that part of the video about 5 times.

Also for no apparent reason I can't sign into FMFC I'm stuck in a loop of password is incorrect-change my password it's still incorrect - email address is incorrect - you can't sign up with that email address it's already taken...so I won't be reading the deep dives I guess!

53 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I don't think I actually understand what it is and I re-watched that part of the video about 5 times.

Here's my take on it

Normal - As it says, although you start the game before 23/24 starts, all players are at the right clubs in real life as of now (or the latest data cut off point)

Real World - Game starts with the clubs and squads as of the start of the 23/24 season, but the transfers that happened in real life after this date will be hardcoded to happen on the dates they happened IRL (such as on deadline day etc)

Your World - Clubs will start with their squads from the start of the 23/24 season (as opposed to the latest data cut off point used in Normal mode), but the real life transfers that happened after this day wont happen as they will in Real World mode. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

20 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Here's my take on it

Normal - As it says, although you start the game before 23/24 starts, all players are at the right clubs in real life as of now (or the latest data cut off point)

Real World - Game starts with the clubs and squads as of the start of the 23/24 season, but the transfers that happened in real life after this date will be hardcoded to happen on the dates they happened IRL (such as on deadline day etc)

Your World - Clubs will start with their squads from the start of the 23/24 season (as opposed to the latest data cut off point used in Normal mode), but the real life transfers that happened after this day wont happen as they will in Real World mode. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Imagine managing Brighton in Real World, patiently waiting for Fati to arrive on deadline day, only to damage his cruciates on 31st August…

I assume that’s one of the risks of that mode, much like damaging your cruciates on your debut.

23 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Here's my take on it

Normal - As it says, although you start the game before 23/24 starts, all players are at the right clubs in real life

Hope that makes sense. 

this is brilliant for ocd people like me. be sensational after winter updates.

Do wonder if loans will work this way and if it will be littered with bugs. 

If they pull it off it will be sensational

hace 1 hora, Dagenham_Dave dijo:

Here's my take on it

Hope that makes sense. 

Borrowing Gunner's example:

Normal: Ansu Fati starts the save at Brighton.

Real World: Ansu Fati starts the save at Barcelona, is hardcoded to move to Brighton at the deadline.

Your World: Ansu Fati starts the save at Barcelona, with no restrictions.

Presumably, alll not-hardcoded movements will be disabled for the first window in Real World mode.

8 minutes ago, ElJuanvito said:

Presumably, alll not-hardcoded movements will be disabled for the first window in Real World mode.

Really hope this is the case, & the same for after the winter update too… it’s always frustrated me that you can’t disable the budgets for the 2nd transfer window.

1 hour ago, saware said:

Really hope this is the case, & the same for after the winter update too… it’s always frustrated me that you can’t disable the budgets for the 2nd transfer window.

Specifically after the winter update or in general? If the latter, might I ask why? Can’t see the attraction myself, but I imagine you have reasons.

Also, I’d like to know if we are to play real world, would that then mean you start with a different budget, so for example higher if you’re Arsenal, but presumably lower if your West Ham or Brighton?

Regarding the carrying over of saves from one version to the next. 

There's 2 ways this can work IMO (on the presumption this will be a permanent feature every year going forward)

1. Your FM23 file you move across to FM24 will technically stay as an 'FM23' file meaning you wont be able to import it into FM25 from FM24, as you can only import from the previous game. 

2. When you import your FM23 file, its converted into an FM24 file meaning you could, in theory, carry over your FM23 save game indefinitely across all future versions of the game. 

Hoping it's 2, suspect it will be 1. 

5 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Here's my take on it

Hope that makes sense. 

Yeah makes sense it's  about what I figured in the end having watched it again.

Real world in theory sounds kind of cool as it will allow you to recreate the chaotic summer we just had IRL.

But what happens in January if I'm already way past that date in game, I assume it just affects that first window and does nothing after that.

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Looks like the columns on the squad planner still aren't customisable, which is disappointing, but at least they are giving it some attention. Done right, it's an excellent feature, just fell a little short last year.

The squad planner should be integrated into your transfer strategy/targets. You should lay out your squad and positions you need to fill and it should be agreed at the start of the season or window and should you should have to stick to it, with deviation from it only allowed for highly respected managers or via a board request or board suggestion if a good deal comes up unexpectedly. I.e you set your squad planner and include a loan goalkeeper as cover and a first team striker using your transfer budget. If you have a DoF, they should then go and get recommendations for those players and you can throw your own suggestions in. Once the targets are agreed they should then go and negotiate them. There is no way in hell managers are ringing or emailing clubs to put bids in for players, let alone having free rein to go and sign 7 unknown wonderkids on 5 year contracts, doing the negotiations themselves.

This idea can also include the youth squads as well. I find that most of the time my teams under 21s have a decent amount of players, but the Under 18s only have about 7 players, because the half decent ones end up getting promoted to the U21s, but only about five a season get signed on through the youth intake as they are always terrible no matter how good the youth setup is. You should be able to include in the transfer strategy the signing X amount of players with high potential for the U18s for example, but at the moment you can't. At the moment you have to either sign them youself, or wait for the DoF to do it, but they only sign about one every four months and never fill the youth squads up. Managers in real life might have some involvement in this kind of thing, but Pep isn't going out and identifying and negotiating deals for all the players that come into City's youth system from abroad.

This would also allow owners like Fahrad Moshiri to influence the game. I.e the owners can come to your with suggested targets, based on agents they know recommending them to them. I.e Kia Joorabchian and Moshiri at Everton. It would also give the possibility of the board being unable to sign the players you want to sign and the manager then has the choice to blame the club/board (Which eases the pressure with the fans, but worsens the relationship with the board) or keep quiet (And increase the board relationship but come under pressure from the fans). In real life there are constant news stories about how clubs have failed their managers by failing to get the players he wants (Again, example Everton in the last three windows or Manchester United). This would aid with making personality of clubs more alive in the game. I.e go to Spurs in the game and you can sign whoever you want for whatever you want under the budget. In real life a Spurs manager is spending three days a week for four years begging Levy to make signings. You'd be considering quitting clubs as they don't match your ambition or issuing ultimatums to owners that they need to get your targets in the next transfer window or you'll move on. It would also keep squad building realistic, so you can no longer replace the existing team entirely within 18 months with wonderkids like a lot of FM players do.

4 hours ago, alian62 said:

Where is the , More gameplay deep dives going to be unlocked? This was the next to be unlocked but then we get this ? 

Miles said "tomorrow" in that tweet yesterday, so presumably some time today.

20 hours ago, Druid DR said:

Although FM24 looks like a big step forward compared to the last 6 versions of the game, it still doesn't look better than what we had with FM17.  Below are a selection of screenshots from my current FM17 save (yes I'm still playing that version!).

I hope the images SI released for FM24 are still work in progress as it'll be a little disheartening if they persist with those generic cornerless stadiums they introduced with FM18.

FM17 had a very large selection of stadiums, we need those back imo (or a stadium editor so we can create them ourselves).

FM17 in all its glory.....

20220115203535_1.thumb.jpg.a5cad61404d0f3eacdd477ead9386c9b.jpg20221016165449_1.thumb.jpg.2471ee0e3419199a14b16faba15ca5ad.jpg20220129133155_1.thumb.jpg.8a73b85b5ea136f19fa3957b82b52e8a.jpg20220130145302_1.thumb.jpg.7a361f3cd32bd19f01e70e9409bbdc6a.jpg20220111121455_1.thumb.jpg.693d0f3d1786052e575950638ae04f88.jpg20221016165528_1.thumb.jpg.a4e86a8e656718e672c3a492c1618eb6.jpg20220124223552_1.thumb.jpg.a29856633dbeda3016a2a9a8d8710db0.jpg20221017185502_1.thumb.jpg.cea333280dc7dfce7333976da477b805.jpg20220109230740_1.thumb.jpg.84653ab7b538eb032e8b27ce833197da.jpg20220216195415_1.thumb.jpg.6b7ae58a2162f5e5c498c49ba561c72c.jpg20221017185457_1.thumb.jpg.1a83596f8348751c710833f11e988466.jpg20221016165413_1.thumb.jpg.ade94752749782ad4160135c67a50ffc.jpg20220113183030_1.thumb.jpg.e613ed66c3c3fb810a765fe96e62e92b.jpg20210930095453_1.thumb.jpg.17c120ba929db995bbae984f6e9cf5aa.jpg

I still only play FM17. However with Japan in 24 I'll be getting it. hope my laptop runs it fine though

Agreed on the staidums, they went downhill from 17 onwards, same with 2d view. It looks better in 17 than it looks in 23.

I'd of been hoping that the feature of ''Your World'' would of had the squads from the END of the previous season. So end of May 2023 etc. Otherwise if it's the start of the 22/23 seasons calendar such as the 1st of July, some people will already of been released and some transfers no? Rather than a full clean slate

2 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

I'd of been hoping that the feature of ''Your World'' would have had the squads from the END of the previous season. So end of May 2023 etc. Otherwise if it's the start of the 22/23 seasons calendar such as the 1st of July, some people will already of been released and some transfers no? Rather than a full clean slate

I know it’s England specific but isn’t the game start date generally set at late June?

4 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I know it’s England specific but isn’t the game start date generally set at late June?

Hmm. I know that the ''restart'' when you're in game is around the 20th - 28th of June, but I was under the impression when starting a game from the off when choosing early pre-season (so the earliest date) it usually booted up either the 1st or 2nd of July. Could be mistaken though

8 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Hmm. I know that the ''restart'' when you're in game is around the 20th - 28th of June, but I was under the impression when starting a game from the off when choosing early pre-season (so the earliest date) it usually booted up either the 1st or 2nd of July. Could be mistaken though

It gives you a choice I thought, early preseason, start of season etc. in my head early was June. But I am guessing a little bit. But yeah, even if they set it to 30th June would in theory be fine. We need some real info :onmehead:

Edited by gunner86