Shower thought: When does a "Wonderkid" become a "Wonderkid"

In the game? I think it's mostly due to their World reputation, as well as their CA, it has actually nothing to do with potential. It's just good for they age and hype, much like real life! ;)

I've had players who were good, but not described as wonderkids until they got older and better.

56 minutes ago, XaW said:

In the game? I think it's mostly due to their World reputation, as well as their CA, it has actually nothing to do with potential. It's just good for they age and hype, much like real life! ;)

I've had players who were good, but not described as wonderkids until they got older and better.

So, potentially, filtering players below a certain age mean I could miss out? 

For example, 15-19 range means there would still be 20 year old "Wonderkids" I've potentially missed out on? At what point are they not a Wonder"Kid"?

1 minute ago, KillYourIdols said:

So, potentially, filtering players below a certain age mean I could miss out? 

For example, 15-19 range means there would still be 20 year old "Wonderkids" I've potentially missed out on? At what point are they not a Wonder"Kid"?

I think they can become wonderkids up until they are 23 or something... But they can be "promising midfielder" or something like that before they change into "wonderkid" at a later date.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I think they can become wonderkids up until they are 23 or something... But they can be "promising midfielder" or something like that before they change into "wonderkid" at a later date.

FFS :lol: Better take a close look at my filters for FM24 then. It only just dawned on me that players labelled as wonderkids might have a higher age range than I anticipated :seagull:

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I am not sure if I understand you correctly - but are you saying that the player can have the description "wonderkid" even at the age of 22/23?

If so, I think that is not correct, player can't be a wonderkid if he is older than 20, so after he turns 21 he can't be labeled as wonderkid anymore

But I may be wrong

6 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

I am not sure if I understand you correctly - but are you saying that the player can have the description "wonderkid" even at the age of 22/23?

If so, I think that is not correct, player can't be a wonderkid if he is older than 20, so after he turns 21 he can't be labeled as wonderkid anymore

But I may be wrong

I'm not 100%, but I think I've seen players over 20 being described as a wonderkid....

22 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

FFS :lol: Better take a close look at my filters for FM24 then. It only just dawned on me that players labelled as wonderkids might have a higher age range than I anticipated :seagull:

Because of the way it works though, being labelled a wonder kid, doesn’t necessarily mean he’s the best option. It is possible that other players in the same age bracket are not labelled that way but have a higher CA, PA, attribute spread and personality.

TL;DR Francis Jeffers

Edited by gunner86

51 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Because of the way it works though, being labelled a wonder kid, doesn’t necessarily mean he’s the best option. It is possible that other players in the same age bracket are not labelled that way but have a higher CA, PA, attribute spread and personality.

TL;DR Francis Jeffers

AKA: our "Fox in the Box":larry:

• 2 weeks later...

Fire-sure signs of potential wonderkids are more often to be found in their price tags instead of using the media descriptor. Leandro Morgalla is such an example. He used to play in a 3. Division club in Germany when i bought him for 2 million euro but his value was listed on the double digit millions (20-25). it took him a while but last season end he switched from just centerback all the sudden to wonderkid for a while.