The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

9 hours ago, santy001 said:

It's always a shame that the beta release cannot occur until SI have the set-up in place so that all match feeds are run past Miles directly and he can decide who out there will have a match where they get lots of shots but still lose. It's well worth mentioning the only way to avoid such a fate is to subsidise SI with bon bons.

Haven't had a bon bon in 20 years since I last lived in the UK and I'm now craving a bag of them...Google tells me I can buy a Kilo for the equivalent of 42 quid...I'm not sure I'm that desperate actually.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Haven't had a bon bon in 20 years since I last lived in the UK and I'm now craving a bag of them...Google tells me I can buy a Kilo for the equivalent of 42 quid...I'm not sure I'm that desperate actually.

How much of that is shipping?

26 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Lol, what a nerd wasting his time on productive stuff when he could be playing FM24 beta.

Let me know what you think of the game when the beta comes out. I expect you back in 7 pages.

43 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Absolutely. Saunter around in Brussel. Hitting the gym. Work. That's about it.

Come on now, we all know you prefer to hang around in Amsterdam! ;) 

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

Come on now, we all know you prefer to hang around in Amsterdam! ;) 

Not if I have to work in Brussel :D

I only like to hang around in Amsterdam when Ajax is not doing well.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Let me know what you think of the game when the beta comes out. I expect you back in 7 pages.

The last 7 pages is one week… so you think it would out next Sunday? You crazy. 
Not for nothing, but I’d rather be in Brussels than Amsterdam, but I’d rather be in Copenhagen, Oslo, or Stockholm than either of them.

11 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

The last 7 pages is one week… so you think it would out next Sunday? You crazy. 
Not for nothing, but I’d rather be in Brussels than Amsterdam, but I’d rather be in Copenhagen, Oslo, or Stockholm than either of them.

It will slow down a bit when nothing happens tomorrow.

Agree with Copenhagen, don't know Oslo or Stockholm to be able to compare, but expecting them to be better. Helsinki was good too, if you like quiet.

4 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

It will slow down a bit when nothing happens tomorrow.

Agree with Copenhagen, don't know Oslo or Stockholm to be able to compare, but expecting them to be better. Helsinki was good too, if you like quiet.

Helsinki is very high on my to do list. Never been, but heard good things.

3 hours ago, XaW said:

It's currently just above 0 degrees here now, so I doubt you'd enjoy it here at the moment...

Nothing wrong with that temperature, having 20+ in the day is unnatural this time of year.

3 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Helsinki is very high on my to do list. Never been, but heard good things.

Have been there. Happen to have friends there, so had a local guide (helps with the language as well). It is good, but two things to think of, it's expensive and Finnish people are not the chatty type. Make sure to prepare so you don't need to ask directions :D

12 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Nothing wrong with that temperature, having 20+ in the day is unnatural this time of year.

Have been there. Happen to have friends there, so had a local guide (helps with the language as well). It is good, but two things to think of, it's expensive and Finnish people are not the chatty type. Make sure to prepare so you don't need to ask directions :D

Not sure if it was just me, but on my visit to Finland I noticed a theme of fitting pears into a lot of dishes.

Pear pizza and pear milkshake. Bloomin' lovely they were too.

17 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Well i live in Finland :D Helsinki is expensive but my hometown Lahti is cheap, we have bowling, hockey and football here :D

21 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

If I’ve learned anything from Kimi Raikonnen, it’s that Finnish people are of few words.

On the flip side, they apparently have a sauna with a Burger King in. So…

10 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

If I’ve learned anything from Kimi Raikonnen, it’s that Finnish people are of few words.

On the flip side, they apparently have a sauna with a Burger King in. So…

From my experience it's because they tend to be too drunk to get too many words out.  But that could just be the Finns that I know lol

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Speak for yourself I live in the tropics so anything less than 25'c at anytime of the year or day is unnatural.

4 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Speak for yourself I live in the tropics so anything less than 25'c at anytime of the year or day is unnatural.

I always speak for myself :) Enjoy the warmth, I need snow.

My best guess of the order of events will be this:

Today - The FMFC exclusive feature drop goes public to everyone.

Wednesday - New QoL feature drop 1 on FMFC

Friday - That goes Public

Saturday - New QoL feature drop 2 on FMFC.

Monday - That goes public

Then the beta drops Thursday next week.

I'm at a gig in Manchester on Monday 16th. (Kids In Glass Houses, if anyone cares) 

I'm in Manchester until Wednesday 18th seeing friends. 

Beta will be out on the 16th October because, for the last 3 years, I've been away when it's dropped. 

You're welcome. 

5 minutes ago, Emozil said:

I'm at a gig in Manchester on Monday 16th. (Kids In Glass Houses, if anyone cares) 

I'm in Manchester until Wednesday 18th seeing friends. 

Beta will be out on the 16th October because, for the last 3 years, I've been away when it's dropped. 

You're welcome. 

3kliksphillip of FM

59 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I don’t think they’ll do a content drop on a Saturday. So let’s bring that to Friday. And while we’re at it move the Beta to next Tuesday.

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I was thinking similar to this also.

However I'm hoping that the QoL pt 1 comes out today, the second part on Weds and Beta on Thurs :cool:

We've been seeing the previous last two editions come out at 18 and 19 days respectively (2 weeks 5 days for the latter), so I don't think it's crazy considering Thursday would mark 25 days (3 weeks and 4 days) 

hope.gif

Edited by Domoboy23

12 hours ago, DarJ said:

we're on page 9, tomorrow is the 9th and a Monday. The full game is releasing in Monday so tomorrow is the logical day for the beta 

14 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I was thinking similar to this also.

However I'm hoping that the QoL pt 1 comes out today, the second part on Weds and Beta on Thurs :cool:

We've been seeing the previous last two editions come out at 18 and 19 days respectively (2 weeks 5 days for the latter), so I don't think it's crazy considering Thursday would mark 25 days (3 weeks and 4 days) 

hope.gif

Beta will be on WC 16 as that is the only week they left out in the road map, lets hope it is on 16 th itself

11 minutes ago, Razal said:

Beta will be on WC 16 as that is the only week they left out in the road map, lets hope it is on 16 th itself

I think you can consider it from anytime the last feature from the roadmap comes out tbf (although if this is on late Thursday we won't see a Friday release), especially considering they've been saying 2-3 weeks this time and they've had an extended time period and an increase in staff numbers for the new features that were meant to go into FM23.  I do think you're probably right though in terms of it will be next week. 

The roadmap also leaves out the W/C 30th... doesn't mean thats when it's coming. :kriss: